View Full Version : Embassy Suites Hotel for PPIR weekend

haywood jablome
Wed Mar 16th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Ok here are the details!!!

May 20-22, Embassy Suites Hotel, Colorado Springs
7290 Commerce Center Dr
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80919
1-719-599-9100

Same place we stayed and RULED last year!!! They are blocking parking off for our bikes again this year. FREE DRINKS and FREE B FAST Also included. Perty good spread for BFAST also....

Room rates are as follows.... They went up due to the hotel industry...

-Single King bed Suite=$99 plus tax

-Double room Suite=$109 plus tax

We have 15 rooms as of right now. They can not FOR SURE block us togather because we are all calling in sepperatly!

PLEASE PM me after you get your room so i know how many we have available and can up date this post.

1.) Haywood
2.) Kyle (Jmetz)
3.) Nate Harrington
4.) Wahooman
5.) TaZ8U
6.) BARN
7.) Chanda
8.) Cleveland
9.) Scribbler

wraithR1
Wed Mar 16th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Free drinks, eh? Is this only applicable with the group discount? My GF and I might be cruising down there for a day, but might consider the weekend if the weather and prices are right.

What's the parking like at the race (for a bike)? After watching the "Bike Theft, Part 1" on TWT, I'm apprehensive about parking my bike. Didn't someone in the club get their bike jenked there last year?

haywood jablome
Wed Mar 16th, 2005, 10:29 AM
NOPE any time you stay at the suits you get that!!

CBRChick
Wed Mar 16th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Free drinks, eh? Is this only applicable with the group discount? My GF and I might be cruising down there for a day, but might consider the weekend if the weather and prices are right.

What's the parking like at the race (for a bike)? After watching the "Bike Theft, Part 1" on TWT, I'm apprehensive about parking my bike. Didn't someone in the club get their bike jenked there last year?

Oops ... looks like Chad answered what I was going answer...

Parking at the race isn't that bad ... you get to park closer to the track and there are a TON of bikes parked out there. You always run a risk of something happening to your bike if you park it in a public place ... but I don't know of anyone who's bike was messed with last year :dunno:

~Barn~
Wed Mar 16th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Unfortunately, Mike C's bike got stolen last year. Then again, he did leave them the ignition key. :lol:

wraithR1
Wed Mar 16th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Coolio! Thanks ladies and gents!

Jmetz
Wed Mar 16th, 2005, 11:07 AM
1 Room Booked

haywood jablome
Thu Mar 17th, 2005, 02:10 PM
So there is 50 spots filled up for the suite and only 4 rooms? COme on peeps Lets fill these rooms up!!!

~Barn~
Thu Mar 17th, 2005, 02:43 PM
I know you wanted a PM Chad, but I'm lazy like this... ;)

1 more room booked.

Player 2
Thu Mar 17th, 2005, 02:51 PM
1 more booked

Chanda
Thu Mar 17th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Room Booked

Cleveland
Tue Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:12 PM
Room booked. :eyebrows:

Wahooman
Sat Mar 26th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Lots of people have bought suite tickets, but not too many are booked at the hotel. Where is everyone else staying.....??

~Barn~
Sat Mar 26th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Denver. :lol:

Boy Scout
Sat Mar 26th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Lots of people have bought suite tickets, but not too many are booked at the hotel. Where is everyone else staying.....??The number at the hotel is always less than the number at the suite. Some folks buy into the suite for raceday only (suite access, pit access, catered lunch, comfortable viewing in case of hot and/or wet weather, etc.) and thus have no need for accommodations. Others may live close to PPIR, stay with friends, or choose to drive back and forth each day.

I plan to go to PPIR on both Saturday and Sunday and choose to stay at the hotel. Does it cost more than driving back and forth? For most folks, probably so. For me, I would have to get up earlier, get home later, spend 3 hours each day driving back and forth, $10 per trip bike / $20 per trip car in gas, feel more exhausted each day, and miss out on spending time there with friends for the weekend. For me, the hotel is just part of the weekend entertainment package.

~Barn~
Sun Mar 27th, 2005, 03:09 AM
What Nate said.....

Scribbler
Sat Apr 9th, 2005, 04:16 PM
1 more room booked

haywood jablome
Wed Apr 20th, 2005, 11:29 AM
I guess the wayits looking we are going to have a SMALL group of people at the hotel this year.

Still rooms available if you want!!!

~Barn~
Wed Apr 20th, 2005, 11:49 AM
I heard that everybody is packing into Jeff's house. Personally, I'm just happy I'll have my own bathroom, not to mention bed. :lol:

haywood jablome
Wed Apr 20th, 2005, 11:54 AM
yeah you remember BIG TUBAS house the first year!!!! Having to listem to the dueling bears!!! And the sleeping bag races down the stairs?!!! Own bed, FREE drinks, good bfast and AC!!! Own shower!!

~Barn~
Wed Apr 20th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Yeah, it was a little packed. But how about those steaks and skrimps!! That may verywell have been worth it, alone. :lol:

Vance
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Are there still rooms available?

~Barn~
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Are there still rooms available?

I imagine there should be. Definitely call them and book, if you're interested. Tell'em you're with the CSC.

haywood jablome
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 03:56 PM
YES YES there are still rooms available!!!

Vance
Mon Apr 25th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Thank you.

Scribbler
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Is there anybody staying in the hotel that will be trailoring, or just taking their car to the Springs?

With everything I plan to take with me for the 3 days, I'm runnin outa space and not too keen on the idea of strapping my laptop to my back. Between what will be in my tankbag and backpack, I'm rather loaded down as it is, and I kinda want to bring my laptop so I can transfer pics from my camera each evening (flashcard memory costs more than it really should for digital toys).

Anybody have space to spare?

Boy Scout
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 07:03 PM
In the past there have always been some people that drove (cage) down that we have sent our stuff with. Not sure who that might be this year, but keep an eye to the related threads. I'm sure it will come up soon.

Wahooman
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 07:14 PM
So here is my update. Had to sell my suite tickets at PPIR due to having a wedding on Saturday. I will not be at Embassy suites on Friday night to hang this year. I think I am going to try to head down there after the wedding though for Saturday night. I am sure the usual Saturday night thing will be going on at the clubs. If anyone is planning on staying at the hotel and just drinking there late like last year I will meet ya there. I will probably be caging it down there since it might be later at night, but don't know for sure. I am just going to use passes from our dealership on Sunday to be at the races.....probably be in the infield for the entire day. You guys have fun in the suite....maybe Nate will smuggle me in :lol:

(( LO LO ))
Thu Apr 28th, 2005, 07:19 PM
You know I will be at the hotel to party with you all. I will have to bring my swim trunks again.

Chanda
Sun May 1st, 2005, 01:20 PM
I have always, asked if anyone needed there stuff taken down to PPIR. I'm not sure on the time I will leave this year. I will be leaving from Ft. Collins so if anyone needs me to take anything I would. PM me if you are interested..

When it gets closer to that weekend I'll post something in the general forum :D

lravaholic2
Mon May 2nd, 2005, 12:15 PM
got my room booked.

Vance
Fri May 6th, 2005, 02:22 PM
10th room booked.

Player 2
Fri May 6th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Anyone interested in sharing the room that I have booked??

CBRChick
Wed May 11th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Anyone need another roomie for the hotel? I'm sure it will be cheaper if you have one more person in it! :D I can sleep on the couch ... any takers???

~Barn~
Wed May 11th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Anybody wanna pay for my hotel room? And maybe lunch or a casual dinner. I'll take care of my own rental fees, on the hotel's in-room entertainment center.

:D

Wahooman
Wed May 11th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Nate or Princess....due to my scheduling conflicts I will be canceling my room and either coming down Saturday night or Sunday morning. If I come down Saturday night could I borrow a couch or floor? Willing to pay a little for a nice carpet bed even.....PM me if interested.
Thanks.

CBRChick
Wed May 11th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Anybody wanna pay for my hotel room? And maybe lunch or a casual dinner. I'll take care of my own rental fees, on the hotel's in-room entertainment center.

:D

Sharing a room will help with the costs http://www.cfrsr.org/phpBB2/images/smiles/064.gif

~Barn~
Wed May 11th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Sharing a room will help with the costs http://www.cfrsr.org/phpBB2/images/smiles/064.gif

:lol:

I love that "poke with a stick" icon...

I'll let you know though.
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons/33.gif

CBRChick
Wed May 11th, 2005, 06:47 PM
:lol:

I love that "poke with a stick" icon...

I'll let you know though.
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons/33.gif

Cool ... hope it is a positive response! :D

Player 2
Wed May 11th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Nate or Princess....due to my scheduling conflicts I will be canceling my room and either coming down Saturday night or Sunday morning. If I come down Saturday night could I borrow a couch or floor? Willing to pay a little for a nice carpet bed even.....PM me if interested.
Thanks.

But of course...

~Barn~
Thu May 12th, 2005, 02:28 AM

Deal.

It not like I can imagine myself being all... "No... no you cannot stay, Christine." :lol:

CBRChick
Thu May 12th, 2005, 06:10 AM

Deal.

It not like I can imagine myself being all... "No... no you cannot stay, Christine." :lol:

:lol: Sweet!!!!!!!!!!! Just no spooning this time ... okay? :lol:

~Barn~
Thu May 12th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Unacceptable!!!

Vance
Thu May 12th, 2005, 08:25 AM
I've got plenty of room since I've got a suite to myself Christine - if you're scared by the Barn-Monster that is.

Scribbler
Thu May 19th, 2005, 12:57 PM
I'm still looking for somebody caging it to carry a couple items for me.

My Cell # is in my profile. Call me or PM me so I can arrange to drop them off tonight or tommorow morning :)

Desmo
Thu May 19th, 2005, 01:20 PM
OK.. so when and where are we getting together for Happy Hour?? Should be lots of fun when Denver meets the Springs..
LOLO, so where is the pool?? :-)

AshliRider44
Thu May 19th, 2005, 01:25 PM
YAY swimming :D :boobies: cant wait all.... :)

Chanda
Thu May 19th, 2005, 01:33 PM
I'm still picking peoples stuff up...

Scribbler
Thu May 19th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Thanks Chanda :)

PM sent.