PDA

View Full Version : Rider Down

elbromisto
Thu Aug 20th, 2009, 11:06 PM
A biker died by my house at Horsetooth and Lemay about an hour ago. Don't have too many details...my wife said it sounded like he was going pretty fast and hit a car. No word on helmet.
RIP to him, and stay alert to the rest of us.

Think
Thu Aug 20th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Damn that sucks. RIP rider.

mtnairlover
Fri Aug 21st, 2009, 07:05 AM
It does suck. RIP :-(

UglykidJoe
Fri Aug 21st, 2009, 07:21 AM
RIP Rider,

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=121715&catid=188

OUTLAWD
Fri Aug 21st, 2009, 08:44 AM
wow.

RIP rider

McVaaahhh
Fri Aug 21st, 2009, 08:59 AM
Another one killed by a left turn.

"Speed and alcohol were believed to be contributing factors to the accident, police said. The investigation is continuing and charges are pending"

RIP Rider. :(

MetaLord 9
Fri Aug 21st, 2009, 09:05 AM
damnit. RIP rider. :(

elbromisto
Fri Aug 21st, 2009, 10:31 AM
Goddamn left turns. Believe it or not I usually look ahead of me before I turn, in a car or motorcycle.

gtn
Fri Aug 21st, 2009, 12:57 PM
Damn.

THoward
Fri Aug 21st, 2009, 01:11 PM
Seems we have more and more everyday. We (ABATE) has tried for 3 years to get a law passed for tougher penalties on a right of way violation. Each year it has been defeated by the Motor Carriers Union. "Because a truck driver might lose their license if they hit a biker". What about the biker that dies or is maimed?? I'm sorry, this really gets to me. You can lose your license for drinking and driving, or taking off and not paying for gas, or fined $500 bucks for loud pipes, but all you get for hurting or killing a motorcyclist is 4 points and a $65 dollar fine....what's wrong with this picture. OK off my soapbox...

elbromisto
Fri Aug 21st, 2009, 01:19 PM
Amen, ABATE.

gtn
Fri Aug 21st, 2009, 01:24 PM
Seems we have more and more everyday. We (ABATE) has tried for 3 years to get a law passed for tougher penalties on a right of way violation. Each year it has been defeated by the Motor Carriers Union. "Because a truck driver might lose their license if they hit a biker". What about the biker that dies or is maimed?? I'm sorry, this really gets to me. You can lose your license for drinking and driving, or taking off and not paying for gas, or fined $500 bucks for loud pipes, but all you get for hurting or killing a motorcyclist is 4 points and a $65 dollar fine....what's wrong with this picture. OK off my soapbox...

Oh my God! :(

64BonnieLass
Fri Aug 21st, 2009, 01:28 PM
Totally agree. Great Soapbox Terry. :)

Think
Fri Aug 21st, 2009, 03:39 PM
Another one killed by a left turn.

"Speed and alcohol were believed to be contributing factors to the accident, police said. The investigation is continuing and charges are pending"

RIP Rider. :(

Goddamn left turns. Believe it or not I usually look ahead of me before I turn, in a car or motorcycle.
Buddy of mine in my ROTC battalion was riding his Harley and someone turned in front of him. He had a helmet on and went through the right passenger or rear passenger window and screwed up his arm as it hit the side of the car. He usually doesn't wear a helmet and the only reason he was wearing one was because he was riding our other buddy's R6 earlier in the day. DEFINITELY saved his life.

lth
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 07:08 PM
Update on this story: SUV driver facing vehicular homicide charges.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20090923/UPDATES01/90923051

DeeStylez
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 07:23 PM
23, Still a young buck

RIP :(

jbs80106
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 08:22 PM

2 words.....Civil Suit.....

jbs80106
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
If that driver of the SUV was tested and was DUI...regardless of the outcome of the police charges, the family should file a wrongful death suit. His auto insurance may wind up paying if he was carrying liability charges. File against the driver and the insurance.

Want the law to change. Pursue all legal avenues. Best way to exercise our voices. We have a right to ride....and a right live and not get run over by cagers....drunk or otherwise.

willb003
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 01:26 AM
"Anyone with information about the accident, who has not already given a statement, is asked to contact Officer Drew Jurkofsky at (970) 221-6540."

Is that officers last name a typo? jeeeze!

Slo
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Sadness for another lost rider, for his family and also friends. :(

jonny05
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 05:05 PM
I was hit by a drunk driver last summer. He fled the seen and in turn did not get caught. Luckily No injury occured to me and he turned himself in the next day at 10:00 A.M. All he was charged with was leaving the seen of an accident.

CeMeN
Sat Sep 26th, 2009, 01:12 AM
R.I.P. things like this truly sadden me {=0(