PDA

View Full Version : Lorenzo to Ducati?? Hayden out on his ass?!

JustSomeDude
Fri Aug 21st, 2009, 04:44 PM
Whoa...

http://www.motorcycle.com/news/lorenzo-to-decide-future-at-indy-88674.html

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/moto-gp/2009/08/does-13m-for-lorenzo-spell-the.html

:shocked:

Captain Obvious
Fri Aug 21st, 2009, 08:52 PM
Hayden has been under impressive this season. And for a couple seasons. Once you win a title, you can only go backwards.

Autom8ed
Fri Aug 21st, 2009, 09:15 PM
Didn't know Factory teams couldn't sign rookie riders in MotoGP.

If Lorenzo were smart, he would sign with Honda or stick it out with Yamaha. I doubt the Ducati would suit his riding style and he'll probably be crashing more than his rookie season.

Pharmgirl
Fri Aug 21st, 2009, 09:37 PM
If Lorenzo goes to Ducati, he will go as the #1 rider, which is also bad for Stoner (if he even comes back). However, if he can't ride the Desmo, he is in deep shit come next year. It's best to beat the best on their own machinery and Yamaha clearly has the best bike in the paddock.

Also, Honda is not interesting in bringing back Pedrosa if Puig is part of the deal, so there is another seat that may be up for grabs.

The Marco and Marco show at Gresini should also prove interesting.

Mother Goose
Sat Aug 22nd, 2009, 12:30 PM
Also, Honda is not interesting in bringing back Pedrosa if Puig is part of the deal, so there is another seat that may be up for grabs.

Didn't know Factory teams couldn't sign rookie riders in MotoGP.

If Lorenzo were smart, he would sign with Honda or stick it out with Yamaha. I doubt the Ducati would suit his riding style and he'll probably be crashing more than his rookie season.
If Spies wins the WSBK championship this year, he has the option to go to MotoGP w/ Yamaha (not Fiat). If he doesn't win it, he stays w/ Yamaha in WSBK 1 more year, then he has the option to move up to MotoGP.

Honda already squashed the Lorenzo to HRC rumors by resigning Pedrosa and Dovizioso @ the Bruno round. I doubt he is even talking to Ducati, because during an interview, they said that Honda already signed the other 2, then he starts saying he's talking to Ducati now. I think he's just trying to get more money out of Yamaha by trying to make them think that he's leaving. But who knows.

JustSomeDude
Sat Aug 22nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
I doubt he is even talking to Ducati...

According to MotoGPMatters, Lorenzo was spotted in late night "negotiations" at the Ducati hospitality suite at Brno...

This was only made worse when representatives of Marlboro, Ducati and Jorge Lorenzo were seen in intense discussions in the Ducati hospitality over the weekend, raising speculation almost to fever pitch. (source (http://www.motogpmatters.com/news/2009/08/18/ducati_s_offer_to_lorenzo_is_it_35_5_mil.html))

Maybe it's just BS and hype, but it sounds legit to me. :dunno:

Pharmgirl
Sat Aug 22nd, 2009, 09:40 PM
Pedrosa and Dovizioso only have "basic agreements", not "signed contracts". Things can change, especially since the new prez of HRC doesn't like Puig. We'll see.

R1NORI
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 12:33 AM
MOTOGP (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/../../../../motogp) »

MotoGP 2010 - the grid so far

Fiat Yamaha
Currently: Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo
2010: Valentino Rossi and ?

MotoGP continues to wait for Jorge Lorenzo's decision. A Honda move was ruled out at Brno, making a new Yamaha contract seem inevitable, only for Ducati to step-in with a late big-money offer for the young Spaniard.

Ducati Marlboro
Currently: Casey Stoner and Nicky Hayden
2010: Casey Stoner and ?

Casey Stoner has a contract for 2010, although his main priority at present is returning to full fitness. Ducati has first refusal on the services of Nicky Hayden, and seems keen to keep the American, but much will depend on what Lorenzo decides to do.

Repsol Honda
Currently: Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso
2010: ? and ?

HRC has reached a 'basic agreement' with both Pedrosa and Dovizioso to stay for the next two years, although no contracts have yet been signed.

Rizla Suzuki
Currently: Loris Capirossi and Chris Vermeulen
2010: Alvaro Bautista and ?

Former 125cc world champion and 250GP title contender Alvaro Bautista has signed a two-year contract with Suzuki. Loris Capirossi looks set to join him, leaving no room for the GSV-R's only race winner Chris Vermeulen.

Monster Yamaha Tech 3
Currently: Colin Edwards and James Toseland

The Tech 3 rides look to be the most hotly contested seats on the grid, with the likes of Ben Spies, Randy de Puniet, Chris Vermeulen, Mika Kallio and Toni Elias - as well as Edwards and Toseland - linked to the team for next season.

As the leading satellite rider, Edwards has the results to justify a new deal, while Toseland must close the gap to his team-mate. No signings are expected until Lorenzo's decision has been made at the factory outfit.

San Carlo Honda Gresini
Currently: Toni Elias and Alex de Angelis
2010: Marco Simoncelli and Marco Melandri

The only two-rider team with its full 2010 rider line-up definitely in place is Gresini Honda, which has confirmed the return of Melandri to ride alongside reigning 250cc world champion Simoncelli next season. Melandri claims Simoncelli will have a factory RC212V.

LCR Honda
Currently: Randy de Puniet
2010: ?

Randy de Puniet has been one of the most improved riders in 2009 and is currently the leading satellite Honda rider with seventh in the championship. The Frenchman also took his first podium since 2007 with third place at Donington Park.

Lucio Cecchinello will surely be aiming to hold on to de Puniet, although Randy's results this season are likely to open up opportunities at other teams. LCR could expand to a two-rider team.

Hayate Racing Team
Currently: Marco Melandri

Despite impressive results with Melandri, Kawasaki won't reverse its decision to leave MotoGP completely at the end of this season and, as such, the Hayate team is not expected to continue either.

Pramac Racing
Currently: Mika Kallio and Niccolo Canepa

Ducati looks set to keep Mika Kallio on one of its machines next season, although the young Finn's results during his temporary promotion to the factory team in place of Stoner will go a long way to deciding just what kind of ride he is offered. Lorenzo's decision and Stoner's health will also have an impact on his options.

Fellow rookie Canepa has had a solid, if unspectacular, season and could do with a stand-out performance. Elias could well be among the other options, with his two podiums for Pramac last year well above the best of eighth by Kallio and Canepa so far this year.

Scot Racing
Currently: Gabor Talmacsi

Drafted in to the Scot team at Catalunya after starting the year in the 250cc class, Gabor Talmacsi's Hungarian sponsors helped save the Scot team - at the expense of Yuki Takahashi - but other teams might also have an eye on his financial backing for 2010. Meanwhile, Scot's 250cc world championship leader Hiroshi Aoyama should finally make the move to MotoGP next season, presumably on Honda machinery.

Aspar Ducati
2010: Hector Barbera.

125 and 250cc team owner Jorge Martinez 'Aspar' will effectively take over the fifth Ducati entry from Group Francisco Hernando next season. With his present 250GP star Bautista joining Suzuki, Aspar has signed fellow quarter-litre race winner Hector Barbera.

Sean
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Holy crap, that's crazy. I thought Hayden was doing...okay, considering it's his first season on the Desmo. I don't think it would be in Lorenzo's best interest. He would be cool so that he could be the primary rider for Ducati, but he's neck and neck with Rossi so often that he's going to get sick of looking at his exhaust and stay in front of him soon.

hcr25
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Hayden has been under impressive this season. And for a couple seasons. Once you win a title, you can only go backwards.

Someone should tell Rossi that. :)

Devaclis
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 08:44 AM

I disagree. I have not seen Rossi go backwards after winning his first title.

DavidofColorado
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Is there a place online that shows past races? I would like to catch up.

Mother Goose
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Is there a place online that shows past races? I would like to catch up.
Are you going to Hooters on Friday for the calendar release? If you do, I could burn you a copy of the races so far.

hcr25
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Are you going to Hooters on Friday for the calendar release? If you do, I could burn you a copy of the races so far.

I would like a copy of that. No racing on tv at home. Let me know how $$$ for said copy.
Mike

Mother Goose
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 09:08 AM
I would like a copy of that. No racing on tv at home. Let me know how $$$ for said copy.
Mike
Tree fitty! :lol: Do you want WSBK too? Cause I could get those as well.

hcr25
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 09:13 AM
hell ya, sucks never getting to watch Moto GP or WSBK.
Thank you.
Mike

Mother Goose
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 09:25 AM
No problem. I'll go home at lunch and get it started. :up:

JustSomeDude
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 09:47 AM
No problem. I'll go home at lunch and get it started. :up:

Can you burn a copy for me too please? I'll hook you with some DVD+R's! :hump:

DavidofColorado
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 10:40 AM

Yes please. I will be there.

Mother Goose
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Can you burn a copy for me too please? I'll hook you with some DVD+R's! :hump:
:up:

Yes please. I will be there.
:up:

badkarma
Tue Aug 25th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Lorenzo stays with Yamaha

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=37832

Tipys
Tue Aug 25th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Motogp.com best race coverage and you can watch past races and interviews for a long while back.

Tipys
Tue Aug 25th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Lorenzo stays with Yamaha

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=37832

Not surprised if he would have gone to Duc it wouldn't have been a good idea.

R1NORI
Tue Aug 25th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Lorenzo just signed with Yamaha through 2010 season

Mother Goose
Tue Aug 25th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Duh.

green_zx7r
Tue Aug 25th, 2009, 10:34 AM
It would be great to see Nicky on the Tech Trois team riding the M1. That may be his last chance to shine in MotoGP. Though I wouldn't mind seeing him get a seat in WSBK and duke it out with some folks there!

kawasakirob
Tue Aug 25th, 2009, 01:02 PM
It would be a stupid decision for Lorenzo to go anywhere else for the next couple years to come. He made the right decision. It will be interesting to see how Barbera does. With Hayden, he is an awesome rider, but looking at the grid, I doubt he will be able to pull another championship out of his hat, regardless of what bike he is on. Hate to say it, but said it.

RajunCajun
Tue Aug 25th, 2009, 01:35 PM

Yeah, but there is only one Rossi and he don't even fit the mold....

Sortarican
Tue Aug 25th, 2009, 07:38 PM

Yeah, but if he rode backwards it might give someone else a chance.
(I'm getting tired of paying out all those dollar bills to RYBO.):banghead:

I think any team would be lucky to get Lorenzo, he's the best young rider out there this year.
Though how much is due to the yamaha platform and Rossi's help on the team and bike setup, and how much is his talent would be answered if he switches teams.
I also like the fact that he'll press Rossi when they're running 1 and 2.
Gotta give credit to the team for (apparently) not pressuring him to pull up to avoid taking out his teamate.
Lorenzo and Rossi's battles have been the best part of this season.

sprtbkbabe
Tue Aug 25th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I like Lorenzo. I feel bad for him that Rossi gets so into his head tho. It's like a fooking Rossi-Jedi mind trick on that kid. Poor guy!

By the way, when is Simoncelli stepping upto the plate? We need two incomprehensible Italians on the podium... and one with a back in the day Justin Timberlake blonde afro, to boot.

Berry, berry interesting fun...!!!

Mother Goose
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I like Lorenzo. I feel bad for him that Rossi gets so into his head tho. It's like a fooking Rossi-Jedi mind trick on that kid. Poor guy!

By the way, when is Simoncelli stepping upto the plate? We need two incomprehensible Italians on the podium... and one with a back in the day Justin Timberlake blonde afro, to boot.

Marco is stepping up to MotoGP next year. :up:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Unless you're Rossi!:)

I agree. I really like Nicky, but I was never really impressed with him. I think Spies woulda put the serious whuppin' on him. We'll see in 2011 when Spies is in MotoGP on the Tech3.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 03:00 PM

It'll be interesting seeing Simoncelli in MotoGP. I think he'll do very well. and, hey, there's more than 2 incomprehsible Eye-Talians in MotoGP. Rossi, Dovisioso, Simoncelli, Capirossi, Melandri......

Lotta speedy Dago's out there.:)