PDA

View Full Version : On any Sunday...

DavidofColorado
Sat Aug 22nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
Here is a movie about motorcycle racing from what looks like the 70's. I watched it and loved how real it was. I think I seen some of the FOG here riding the 50cc bikes. But I would need you guys to fess up.
If you got an 1 1/2 hours you should check it out.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/79438/on-any-sunday

ETA: Your going to love the street racing part. I love how new it is they call it street racing and the bikes look like the regular old cruisers with fairings. Way cool.

brennahm
Sat Aug 22nd, 2009, 10:09 AM
Got the DVD. A true 2 wheel classic.

chanke4252
Sat Aug 22nd, 2009, 11:08 AM
I'd never seen it, but it's on on-demand I think. I might watch it later tonight.

DorJammer
Sat Aug 22nd, 2009, 11:38 AM
Here is a movie about motorcycle racing from what looks like the 70's. I watched it and loved how real it was. I think I seen some of the FOG here riding the 50cc bikes. But I would need you guys to fess up.
If you got an 1 1/2 hours you should check it out.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/79438/on-any-sunday

ETA: Your going to love the street racing part. I love how new it is they call it street racing and the bikes look like the regular old cruisers with fairings. Way cool.

As a FOG, I probably need to remind you youngsters that bikes in those days only came in a few flavors. If you wanted a chopper, you built it yourself, the same for a cafe racer, touring bike, whatever.

That is why I get so much joy from Bike Nights, my passion was, is and always will be Sport Bikes. I built my first cafe'd Honda 750 in the late 70's. There were just two cafe'd style bikes in Denver in those days. The other guy had a Triumph triple. I would go to the Scotchmans on Federal and meet the girls on Friday, and race anything that moved on the roads. Today I would probably get squid status <grin>

Steve McQueen and Malcolm Smith were my heroes.

OUTLAWD
Sat Aug 22nd, 2009, 11:40 AM
I remember my old man made me watch it as a kid...mcqueen is still my hero...

FZRguy
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 01:01 AM
I saw it when it came out in 1971. A local Yamaha dealer hosted a showing on a Saturday night. I remember sitting on the floor of the dealership, the sound of the old projector and a screen about 4x4 feet.

Bueller
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 08:13 AM
I can't belive anyone interested in motorcycles hasn't seen this, and biker boyz of course.:headbang:

DavidofColorado
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 08:38 AM
Biker Boyz shows you the only way to ride a sportbike. And that is to dragrace with them... on a dirt road... as fast as you can go... with about 20 feet to stop after you cross the finish line. If you do all that then you get to be the king of California. Yay:/

That chick from Eureka is in that movie she plays the role of a lesbian.

DavidofColorado
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 08:42 AM
I remember my old man made me watch it as a kid...mcqueen is still my hero...
McQueen is bad ass. Its a shame that he died so young just like The Duke. We could use them in Hollywood now-a-days.

FZRguy
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 06:25 PM
“When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it."
Steve McQueen

FZRguy
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 06:39 PM
Steve McQueen was well known as a motorcyclist and, as anyone who has seen him in the film ‘On Any Sunday’ will know, a capable dirt bike racer too. What is perhaps less well known was that he had a great deal of personal input into the bikes he rode and raced. One such bike, and allegedly his favorite was a Métisse Mark III Desert Racer (above pic) imported from the UK in kit form.

The Métisse brand was originally established by the Rickman brothers, Derek and Don who were famous for their road racing frames. The bike uses a nickel plated chromoly frame, which carries the oil for the dry sump motor. The engine is a Triumph TR6 650cc parallel twin, matched to a four-speed transmission that runs a one up and three down configuration. McQueen was a competitive desert and motocross racer, and was a member of the 1964 U.S. ISDT Team.

mastap07
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 08:57 AM
good thread and flick! i had some time to kill this morning at my part time job so i decided to watch it and it was pretty good. i would recommend it to anyone who has the time!

Zach929rr
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Finished watching it yesterday morning while recovering from the prior evening. Great flick :up:

TheStig
Tue Aug 25th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Watched it a few weeks back, my wife was like wtf are you watching. Loved it...made me think about my dad and my crappy honda 50 I had growing up.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Aug 25th, 2009, 08:12 AM
seen it about 13 years ago when i first started riding...it'll be good to watch again.