PDA

View Full Version : 2 the 3 fucktards...........

Nick_Ninja
Sat Aug 22nd, 2009, 09:11 PM
Upon reentry to the Front Range I'm headed back to the mothership via CO 93 north from Golden.

I witness three bikes piled behind the normal circus string of cars headed southbound into Golden. Well things don't look normal from a distance. The bikes head lights are visible on the right side (facing) of the string of cars.

What made this so noticeable, I was like the fourteenth vehicle in the northbound line, and by my positioning in the left portion of my lane I had a pretty good view.

These fuckers were lane splitting. You should have seen the faces of the drivers that they were passing. Way to go squids :321:

= Buckeye Jess =
Sat Aug 22nd, 2009, 10:37 PM
Seems to be more and more people doing that around here lately. Last storm I got caught in on I-25...I could barely see the car in front of me through the downpour. Some squidly asshat that had caught up with me waited until it was next to impossible to see and started freaking lane splitting right down 25 with some retard on a Harley! I couldn't believe my eyes....oiy-vay!

whitebrad
Sat Aug 22nd, 2009, 11:28 PM
lane splitting=tieeght!

don't get me wrong, senor nincha-cha-cha... i guess i am just having fun...

school is back in session, so get ready for more squid action than even you can get mad at!

oh! and i was a total squid today... i was wearing a thong and a bicycle racing top with my clampon biker shoes and i had my mullet freee babay!

but in my defense, i did have mah helmut on mah elbow!

next time i am wearin a tutu in case i lowside...

Nerves
Sat Aug 22nd, 2009, 11:32 PM
^^ Oh, Oh! Pics please. I need a new avatar.

whitebrad
Sat Aug 22nd, 2009, 11:37 PM
:canuck::canuck::canuck::canuck:
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

michaelawsome
Sat Aug 22nd, 2009, 11:41 PM
they are just practicen for cop chases.. i see it all the timee.

XJ600s
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 12:47 AM
There was a fucktard driving into Boulder on a GSXR, wearing a blue icon-looking jacket (it had the external spine protector with metal rivets) that was in probably 2nd gear. I was tailgating the car in front of me in the left lane (while in my truck) and this moron literally just rides the line between me and the car in fron to front of me until I slow down to let him in. Except, he was practically lane splitting as anytime a car would be in his way, he would move over to the next lane by moving a foot or two feet over into the opposite lane to pass.

Guy on a bike, versus my 4,250lb truck... as a rider, I definitely wouldn't EVER have put myself inbetween two cars as close as I was to the car in front of me, but then again, I have common sense and value my life...haha

Zanos
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 02:25 AM
Lane splitting is legal in CA... Are they all squids?

mopoet178
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 02:42 AM
If this was at about 530 this afternoon, then those were the assholes that passed me on my way outa boulder. they were hauling ass through traffic and being general dicks. both wearing a jacket, one with one helmet strapped to the side of his bike, the other with 2 strapped to his bike, nuthin on head. Me and the gal were all geared up on the FZR on our way to coal creek.

I didnt see a third. Hope it wasnt me.

dm_gsxr
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 09:29 AM

Technically in California lane splitting is just not identified as illegal. In Colorado, it's specifically defined as illegal (you are not able to share a lane with a car which is what it is).

The official word from the police is that it must be done in a safe and prudent manner. Rules of thumb are that it's done during slow or stopped traffic and that you can't exceed 10mph more than the surrounding traffic speed.

Of course that means that it's up to the cops to determine safe and prudent.

It started because the cops were on Harleys (air cooled) and when in heavy traffic, the bikes would overheat and shut down.

If you go here: http://home.ama-cycle.org/amaccess/laws/result.asp?state=CO You'll get all the info on lane splitting.

Carl

= Buckeye Jess =
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 09:36 AM
IMO...there is the question of legality, but also the fact that drivers in CO just don't ever see it happen, so the risk goes up a lot right there.
In the case I was referring to above though, these guys were doing it at higher speeds and in piss poor conditions that had even the cagers spooked. There was NO telling what anybody was gonna be doing on the road. Oh...and the nitwit on the sportbike that had caught up to me had been riding like an asshat the entire time I could see him - not just during the storm.

Spiderman
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 09:39 AM
The bikes head lights are visible on the right side (facing) of the string of cars.

Jeff, were these guys lane splitting on the yellow?!? :shock:

chanke4252
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 10:27 AM
Stop making fun of me and my friends.

rforsythe
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 10:34 AM
Technically in California lane splitting is just not identified as illegal. In Colorado, it's specifically defined as illegal (you are not able to share a lane with a car which is what it is).

That's why it's legal in CA. :) Generally in the US, it's accepted that unless a law prohibits you from doing something, it's allowed.

firefghtr
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 11:02 AM
there was two skinny little fucktards on gsxrs las week on i70 heading east bound. they were cleary brain dead with no helmets or gear on and a female passenger on one bike wearing next to nothing. hope she likes skin graphs, i hear there f'n painfull with metal scraping off the dead skin and all. but anyhoo. one of them thought they were getting off the highway and the other infront did not know. so the guy that thought he was getting off ended up having to get in behind me since his brain dead friend didnt know. the guy in front of me finally figured this out and slowed down to 50 in a 65. i almost ran his ass over just on pricipal. that little shit had high beams, and a horn blairing non stop on him for a good 2-3 minutes!
1. kids are retarted these days
2. kids have no respect anymore
3. kide think is cool to fuck with huge vehicles

what ever happened to beating kids when they did something wrong as children, we should bring that back, then maybe they would respect shit again

Nick_Ninja
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 12:24 PM
Jeff, were these guys lane splitting on the yellow?!? :shock:

Yep. And traffic was as heavy as it gets on the weekend. The traffic was moving but these asshats obviously thought it wasn't moving fast enough for their speedy asses --- without regard to the other motorists on that highway. :321:

I'm surprised that someone didn't pull an Alice and open a door or throw a steelieball out the window at these goofs.

whitebrad
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 12:25 PM
Stop making fun of me and my friends.

i know... at least we were wearing clothes this time...

sheeesh

Matty
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 01:02 PM
It's called Lane Sharing. And as Carl mentioned, it's legal if done in a safe and prudent manner. (No defined answer to what is considered safe though). The only definition of "safe" that i've head from LEO's, is that if you get hit while lane sharing, it's Your fault, which inturns means not safe! Also, there is no defined speed that you can't go while sharing a lane. However, going over the speed limit is illegal. So if the cars on the freeway are moving at a crawl then you can technically ride at the speed limit.

My question to Jess is, other than the guy riding like an ass what makes him a Squid?

= Buckeye Jess =
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 03:29 PM
My question to Jess is, other than the guy riding like an ass what makes him a Squid?

Man...first time in my life I refer to someone as squidly and you hafta call me out on it?? lmao

First, the guy had not one stitch of gear on...which is fine. I'm all for someone making their own choice - even if it is a choice that I would never make myself. But more importantly was his attitude. From the second he merged onto 36, it seemed apparent to me that he was more interested in what people thought about him on his bike than his own safety. He was merging right as I was going by...and as soon as he caught sight of another bike on the road, he was watching me instead of watching traffic. Even when he got past me. I couldn't believe it, but the dude was turned around on his bike looking at me instead of where the hell he was going! Since he had no gear on, it was easy for me to see that it was nobody I'd ever seen before...otherwise I would have sworn he recognized me and was trying to get my attention or something.

His riding was super erratic so I backed off and tried to get some distance and traffic between us. Being further back, I was able to see him stand up on his pegs a number of times and stare out at traffic BEHIND him again. He also started getting really stupid every time a car with younger girls in it went by. Frankly I'm amazed that he didn't kill himself right then and there. :dunno:

Matty
Sun Aug 23rd, 2009, 03:51 PM
ok, just asking.

kawasakirob
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Double yellow line pass or splitting lanes with oncoming traffic?

riverock
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 11:49 AM
the morons were out in full force this weekend. I almost got taken out twice-by bikes! The first was some dood wearing a wife beater and no gear on a Gixxer with tats all up and down his arms, passing a line of cars on Turkey Creek on a double yellow. I come around a corner with him in my lane. I zigged around him. He never even slowed down. Then a half hour later some Harly putz is 3 FEET into my lane around another corner. He never corrected and I stuck my middle finger in his face as I zigged around him.

Sleev
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Man...first time in my life I refer to someone as squidly and you hafta call me out on it?? lmao

First, the guy had not one stitch of gear on...which is fine. I'm all for someone making their own choice - even if it is a choice that I would never make myself. But more importantly was his attitude. From the second he merged onto 36, it seemed apparent to me that he was more interested in what people thought about him on his bike than his own safety. He was merging right as I was going by...and as soon as he caught sight of another bike on the road, he was watching me instead of watching traffic. Even when he got past me. I couldn't believe it, but the dude was turned around on his bike looking at me instead of where the hell he was going! Since he had no gear on, it was easy for me to see that it was nobody I'd ever seen before...otherwise I would have sworn he recognized me and was trying to get my attention or something.

His riding was super erratic so I backed off and tried to get some distance and traffic between us. Being further back, I was able to see him stand up on his pegs a number of times and stare out at traffic BEHIND him again. He also started getting really stupid every time a car with younger girls in it went by. Frankly I'm amazed that he didn't kill himself right then and there. :dunno:
he was checking you out :)

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 01:03 PM
he was checking you out :)
Ha! I highly doubt that m'dear. I don't imagine that it is glaringly obvious that I'm a chic when I have all of my gear on. I may be wrong - but I doubt it. LOL

Devaclis
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 01:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/devaclis/082409_hans_1.jpg

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Yeah Dana...cause that is TOTALLY relevant! lmao

Devaclis
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Who needs relevance?

You guys are boring.

The conversation about the "3 fucktards" ended long ago in this thread.

Keep up :)

CaneZach
Mon Aug 24th, 2009, 01:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_DEp1lz0CM