PDA

View Full Version : So Gene thinks he's all bad now...

Hoopty
Thu Mar 17th, 2005, 03:45 PM
AMA SS and FX # 503!!! Who does he think he is?!?! :lol: :loser:

j/k bro Congrats on making AMA, we at least want to see a show from you (probably a crash ;) ) at PPIR!!! :cheers:

ebazyl
Thu Mar 17th, 2005, 03:49 PM
:lol: It might be hard to top the Hoopty ambulance ride, but I guess I am going to have to.

Hoopty - you need to quit sand-bagging Amatuer and join the national bike destruction derby with me and Justin #74.

Score so far:
Hoopty - 1 (Arroyo Seco)
Gene - 1 (Arroyo Seco)
Justin - 2 (Daytona, Daytona)

Hoopty
Thu Mar 17th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Shall we start placing wagers on who crashes more this season? :oops:

Bertha
Thu Mar 17th, 2005, 03:55 PM
The smart money is ALWAYS on Hoopty...

ebazyl
Thu Mar 17th, 2005, 04:16 PM
I got $1 for hoopty, street crashes count too.

Lurch
Thu Mar 17th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Gene you forgot your 1 at SCR. The all impressive pit wad. Rider not included.

Lurch

friscokidd
Thu Mar 17th, 2005, 05:45 PM
This is gonna be a good bet! :lol: But my $$ will be on Loopty ;)

ebazyl
Thu Mar 17th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Gene you forgot your 1 at SCR. The all impressive pit wad. Rider not included.

Lurch

Shhh...Lurch that was suppost to be out little secret, like those pink panties that you wear under your boxers.

Hoopty
Fri Mar 18th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Gene-2

Hoopty-1

:321:

ebazyl
Fri Mar 18th, 2005, 10:38 AM
:lol: That was a poor spool placement that I was not part of. :shock:
:321:

But, it don't matter I am going to win that anyways. :eyebrows:

Ytry2
Thu May 5th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Did i not see mean Gene the SANDBAG king racing in AGTU and GTO this past weekend? Mista AMA, fasta in da MRA, givin yall a show in da amatur O ????

Anonymous
Thu May 5th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Damn TC, you're all kinds of social now...

How's the racin going this year for you? When you gonna come up for some MRA action?

ebazyl
Thu May 5th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Did i not see mean Gene the SANDBAG king racing in AGTU and GTO this past weekend? Mista AMA, fasta in da MRA, givin yall a show in da amatur O ????

:shock: Racing Am O? :slap: Lay off the pain-killers homeboy you are seeing things. I was not even in the state at the time. :D

But you should bring that gixxer of yours to PPIR...

Hoopty
Thu May 5th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Troy needs to lay off the :siesta: it seems. ;)

Ytry2
Thu May 5th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Man i swear to gawd i was surfin the results for last weekends Agtu and Agto and your name was at top.... either that or i had WAYYY to much to drink at lunch time

ahhh dam now shit don't even pull up on the MRA site :roll:

Ralphy - This is the only thing i can log onto while at werk...

I am going to try to make some MRA events, however.....

I am one of the instructors for the race school that the SMRI does every race weekend.... And i noticed that all of the SMRI races conflict with MRA races... So that will make things a tad tough... but on the dates that races do not conflict, and the MRA race is not at Second Crack then i will come...
except for the month of May (moving to new House) and the Month of September.... ;)

And racing for me... SUXED the ass of a red assed monkey... I lost a part to my bike and it would not start... Needless to say part did not come in time, had to use Shana's SV650 just to get points... Since our races were back to back, i did not push it hard.. i just rode around in last place for points... on a Pink bike :lol:

ebazyl
Thu May 5th, 2005, 03:46 PM
No worries, I am just giving you a hard time. :D

How are the SMRI kids doing? I have not been there is nearly a year. Are they still having turn out difficulties. :oops:

Ytry2
Thu May 5th, 2005, 04:00 PM
No worries, I am just giving you a hard time. :D

How are the SMRI kids doing? I have not been there is nearly a year. Are they still having turn out difficulties. :oops:

Yea i was really wondering how you managed to do CA then come and race Colorado in the same weekend...

Well last race weekend we turned 18 students loose on the track...
the Open Beginer class was 13 deep :shock: and the biggest grid all weekend next to the Ngtu at 12 deep... which for the SMRI ---is not bad at all.....

Anonymous
Thu May 5th, 2005, 04:52 PM

Given that we were calling the races b/c of snow before the thing even got going, I doubt you will find much in the way of results. ;)

The GECCO
Thu May 5th, 2005, 05:09 PM
:lol: It might be hard to top the Hoopty ambulance ride, but I guess I am going to have to.

Hoopty - you need to quit sand-bagging Amatuer and join the national bike destruction derby with me and Justin #74.

Score so far:
Hoopty - 1 (Arroyo Seco)
Gene - 1 (Arroyo Seco)

:idea: didn't Justin have a small yard sale at Barber, too??

ebazyl
Thu May 5th, 2005, 05:46 PM

:( Yeah, he wadded on national TV in the next corner after I passed him. Which is why Barn had to help me out with the Cali trip on short notice. It was a long story but can be summed up in "cold Dunlop front".

So the crash count now is:
Justin - 3 - where is the hat-trick emoticon?
Gene - 1
Hoopty - 1

Either way good catch.

Ytry2
Fri May 6th, 2005, 08:25 AM

Score so far:
Hoopty - 1 (Arroyo Seco)
Gene - 1 (Arroyo Seco)

Small? i swear i saw some of his parts land in GA, and FL... i think it was his left and right boots ;)

Ytry2
Fri May 6th, 2005, 08:28 AM

Given that we were calling the races b/c of snow before the thing even got going, I doubt you will find much in the way of results. ;)

Heard it was cold and snow... sure glad my parts did not come in until yesterday ;) would have hated to waste a trip and with that stroked motor in the RT, she tends to go through the fuel a bit more then i was hoping :o

ebazyl
Fri May 6th, 2005, 08:50 AM
would have hated to waste a trip and with that stroked motor in the RT, she tends to go through the fuel a bit more then i was hoping :o

Ya think? Why you get it strocked anyways :evil:

Ytry2
Fri May 6th, 2005, 09:14 AM
[
Ya think? Why you get it stroked anyways :evil:

Well the motor decided to eat it's self around about the time you guys came down for the class and i went up for my grandfathers funeral. I merged onto 1-40 hit the loud stick, then i heard 2 knocks and BOOM - yard sale of slightly used 5.9 parts all over the freeway..

So now she is a 360, bored and stroked to a 410. 10.1 comp. keith black pistons, forged H beam rods, 4 inch crank, celvite 77 bearings all the way around, melling hi volume oil pump, 4 bolt mains, ... my heads were in great shape, only lost a couple valves.. so i went from mild 1.96 in to 2.002 in and 1.97 exhaust, kept my nasty little bump stick, tossed in some new push rods and a stud girdel. Next up is a stand alone fuel management system F.A.S.T to fine tune her. I am hoping to pull 550 hp, and 490 tq ;)

ebazyl
Fri May 6th, 2005, 09:31 AM
:o Holy shit! that thing sound like a rocket ship. Right on! You and your bike should make it to PPIR in about 47 mins. :D

Mel
Fri May 6th, 2005, 09:50 AM
So now she is a 360, bored and stroked to a 410. 10.1 comp. keith black pistons, forged H beam rods, 4 inch crank, celvite 77 bearings all the way around, melling hi volume oil pump, 4 bolt mains, ... my heads were in great shape, only lost a couple valves.. so i went from mild 1.96 in to 2.002 in and 1.97 exhaust, kept my nasty little bump stick, tossed in some new push rods and a stud girdel. Next up is a stand alone fuel management system F.A.S.T to fine tune her. I am hoping to pull 550 hp, and 490 tq ;)

Wow...ummmm yeah. :D
What do you think of those Keith Blacks so far? I have read good things about them, but don't know anyone right now who is actually using them. But as for the rest, you have built yourself a nearly indestructible motor...forged H beams, clevites, stud girdle...yeah. If you blow that, you are taking more than just your lower end with it.
What are you looking at for a fuel management system? We have used Apex (simple, but quite tuneable) in both my sisters Typhoon and my dads M5. There are a TON of things on the market, and a bunch of new up and coming ones who gave us info at the SEMA show.

Oh, and to keep on topic (so I am not post whoring :D ) Congrats Gene! Someday if I get rich or find someone who really loves me, I am going to start racing. Then we can see not only who can crash the most, but who gets the best injuries doing it (shit...I broke my foot just freaking walking, I bet I can do some damage on a bike).

Anonymous
Fri May 6th, 2005, 09:56 AM
But as for the rest, you have built yourself a nearly indestructible motor...

He will need it.

If you blow that, you are taking more than just your lower end with it.

He will blow it.

:P

ebazyl
Fri May 6th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Oh, and to keep on topic (so I am not post whoring :D ) Congrats Gene! Someday if I get rich or find someone who really loves me, I am going to start racing. Then we can see not only who can crash the most, but who gets the best injuries doing it (shit...I broke my foot just freaking walking, I bet I can do some damage on a bike).

Did I just hear "dad's M5". That who you should be talking about getting rich. :idea: Or maybe I should be talking to him.... :lol:

Mel
Fri May 6th, 2005, 10:24 AM
hehe, my dad has a ton of cars, mostly european: M5, couple Lotus, Mercedes, Jetta (mom is obsessed with gas mileage)....that does not mean that I get shit! Also does not mean you have to be rich either...I mean, I drive an Audi and I am a poor white girl!

turbohoje
Fri May 6th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Hahah yeah I did take a “small” tumble in AL. My Daytona crash was much worse tho. In Daytona I was flying due to a hiside so quickly I don’t even have the slightest idea why it happened. There are still plenty of bike bits in the Daytona grass I’m sure. I did manage to find my boot tho haha.

Here is a short recap of my AL crash.
1. I unknowingly had 04 rotors on my 05 so it slotted the brake pads.
2. I discover that the lever will pull down to the bar (with my 05 wheel) at 2nd call before the race. (because of the wear on the pad)
3. with no time left, we put my cold used other front wheel on so the brakes will work once again.
4. I tried to put some heat in the tire on the sighting and warmup laps.
5. on the race start I’m reluctant to really use the tire on the first two turns but I push on it anyway and it seems to stick just fine. The only problem was this was deceiving because 1 and 2 are + cambered.
6. trying to make some passes I take the outside line leaving myself like 5 feet of room at the top of the hill. When I’m full on the gas going up the hill and leaning it into the turn, I can feel the front ‘humm’ and slide a bit. I steered out to stick it, it stick then as I go to make the extra sharp turn, I calculate that there was no way I was going to stay on the pavement so it stand up and go off into the grass.
7. as I’m riding on the grass I try to just slightly steer it back toward the pavement… doesn’t work http://www.justinrmeyer.com/barbercrash.mov
8. after moore hisides and redflags the race, I get a second chance to go race. I get two laps in before my shark fin comes off and derails my chain. Gene was behind me and thot it was my peg that fell off bec he saw something black. Turns out I no longer have a shark guard – must have been that.

I think shellenger said you have to be prepared for a bad day of racing, and a really bad day of racing. With any luck I have both of those out of the way already haha. My bike is totally fine from this one, but I’m still recovering financially from the Daytona crash, it sucked something fierce. I did something to my knee instead. Not sure how bad it is yet, waiting on the dr at the moment.

Bigtime73
Fri May 6th, 2005, 11:04 AM
:o Holy shit! that thing sound like a rocket ship. Right on! You and your bike should make it to PPIR in about 47 mins. :D

Biggs <--- :pointlaugh: :lol: BWHAHAHH Freekin hillarious..Laffin at my desk!!

Dysco
Fri May 6th, 2005, 11:36 AM
http://www.justinrmeyer.com/barbercrash.mov

Dag yo, you gotta learn to slide! Gotta be glad you were able to walk outta that one. :up:

turbohoje
Fri May 6th, 2005, 11:43 AM
hahah i have a fair bit of experiece ground surfing, but the grass really spins you... or so it seems.

Ytry2
Fri May 6th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Wow...ummmm yeah. :D
What do you think of those Keith Blacks so far? I have read good things about them, but don't know anyone right now who is actually using them. But as for the rest, you have built yourself a nearly indestructible motor...forged H beams, clevites, stud girdle...yeah. If you blow that, you are taking more than just your lower end with it.
What are you looking at for a fuel management system? We have used Apex (simple, but quite tuneable) in both my sisters Typhoon and my dads M5. There are a TON of things on the market, and a bunch of new up and coming ones who gave us info at the SEMA show.

Those pistons are AWSOME.. lightweight ;)
With the higher compression i have to run colder plugs and 91 to avoid the PING

I am looking at the F.A.S.T system, seems to work with my current cpu

I am afraid the truck will run out of fuel between Raton and Las Vegas... *lol* knowing my luck

Ytry2
Fri May 6th, 2005, 12:00 PM
But as for the rest, you have built yourself a nearly indestructible motor...

He will need it.

If you blow that, you are taking more than just your lower end with it.

He will blow it.

:P
I hope not, i am tired of grenading motors Yall should wear flak jackets around me when racing ;)

Mel
Fri May 6th, 2005, 12:04 PM
the fuel computer will help with the Ping...wait, what year is your truck? Do you know if it has detonation sensors? If so, the computer should be able to adjust spark and retard timing on the fly to help with the PING (though I think you will still need 91 most of the time). With all the mods, the stock computer will have a hard time correcting that, but if you do have det sensors, I think there are a couple fuel management systems that can use that sensor when making adjustments.
I know a couple guys with the Viper truck who re-wrote the computer programming for it, and got a connector so they can now re-map the stock computer. They were each gaining a fair bit of power just by doing that (then you add in the exhaust, NOS, heads, etc.). I can get you in touch with them too, if you need me to.

And yes, I am a car geek, gear head, whatever. There will be no making fun of me for this either. I will be forced to beat anyone who makes fun of me. Or race or grease wrestle, or something.

ebazyl
Fri May 6th, 2005, 12:37 PM
I say grease-wrestle Runk (Ytry2). It is a fair fight, that might make American Funniest Home Video some day.

Anonymous
Fri May 6th, 2005, 12:57 PM
I say grease-wrestle Runk (Ytry2). It is a fair fight, that might make American Funniest Home Video some day.

How is that fair? She would wipe the floor with his ass! :shock:

Mel
Fri May 6th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Hey, you calling me fat, mr "team skinny"?

MY MOM SAYS I AM JUST BIG BONED! And kinda mean :D