PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Ted Kennnedy dies at age 77

Matty
Tue Aug 25th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Senator Ted Kennedy died this evening of a brain tumor.

R.I.P. 1932 - 2009.

Captain Obvious
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Hopefully he will be remembered for his morals and ethics.

whitebrad
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Hopefully he will be remembered for his morals and ethics.

i am sorry, i giggled... was that irony?

JustSomeDude
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 01:08 AM

Clearly he jests, as his final act was motivated solely by selfishness...

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/08/20/kennedy-seeks-change-in-massachusetts-succession-rules/?mod=sphere_ts&mod=sphere_wd

The funny part is, Kennedy urged the previous change in 2004, which replaced the process of selection of successor by (then) Gov. Romney with a vote by the people.

That Kennedy - what a card. His antics will be missed... except, perhaps, by the Kopechnes.

DavidofColorado
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 01:34 AM
I hope they rededicate a bridge for him. RIP sir, Jack Daniels will never taste as fresh now.

whitebrad
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 02:45 AM
I hope they rededicate a bridge for him. RIP sir Jack Daniels will never taste as fresh now.

ha ha ha HA HA Ha HaH aH ah

YOU , sir, are a funny mother (shut yo mouth!)

mtnairlover
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 05:23 AM
RIP

No comment on the rest of what's been said.:(

DavidofColorado
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Kopechnes.
That other woman’s name was Mary Jo Kopechne. She was left behind in a sinking car by Senator Ted Kennedy, in an auto accident on Chappaquiddick Island, Massachusetts, on 18 July, 1969.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 07:48 AM
RIP

DorJammer
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 08:07 AM
the last of a dynasty

Thank God

Graphite675
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Obama called him our greatest Senator :roll: ....no comment

RIP

Captain Obvious
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 11:19 AM

Hehe. No, irony would have been the ambulance flipping over and sinking into the Potamac river and the drunken paramedics swimming away in a stupor.
Sarcasm OTH, doesn't always translate well in written form.

Captain Obvious
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Clearly he jests, as his final act was motivated solely by selfishness...

VERY pessimistic of you! Not wrong, just pessimistic! Half empty huh?

DavidofColorado
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Obama called him our greatest Senator :roll: ....no comment

RIP

HA HA cuz fuck you Hilary!:slappers:

JustSomeDude
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 02:43 PM
'Kennedy Curse' Claims Life Of 77-Year-Old Tumor-Riddled Binge-Drinker (http://www.theonion.com/content/from_print/kennedy_curse_claims_life_of?utm_source=a-section)

:drink:

whitebrad
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 03:25 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaaa

kennedy curse!

Elisa
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 09:59 PM
RIP Ted Kennedy. Republians and Democrates alike agree he was a great Senator. He was a key factor for civil rights and civil liberties legislation.

Have some respect for a person that had a complicated life, that wasn't perfect, but still always looked out for the disadvantaged. What have you done for your fellow man? :alien:

DavidofColorado
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 10:05 PM
RIP Ted Kennedy. Republians and Democrates alike agree he was a great Senator. He was a key factor for civil rights and civil liberties legislation.

Have some respect for a person that had a complicated life, that wasn't perfect, but still always looked out for the disadvantaged. What have you done for your fellow man? :alien:
I will get right on that. Once you prove what your saying is true. Until then I will stick with his record of being anticivil rights, limo leftist and a murderer.
Don't cloud this issue with lies about what a great guy he was. Yesterday he wasn't any of those things.

Tipys
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 10:21 PM
You all need to have some respect. How would you feel if someone was talking this way about a loved one of yours that just past?

My bet is 90 percent of you would want to beat someones ass. So it goes back to what you were told growing up "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

What is wrong with your generation so disrespectful.

RIP

Captain Obvious
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 10:31 PM

I guess some of us agree that one right doesn't undo two wrongs. Better to remember the big picture, not recent history.

And I have provided 11 years of safety for my fellow American. In your opinion, what is the litmus test where one can go from being a mindless sheep to critically thinking about a situation?

whitebrad
Thu Aug 27th, 2009, 12:40 AM
REALLY?

disrespectful? okay, you dredge up someone who knows him or any of his rich robber-baron criminal enterprise family and i will relent.

TELL me, what about him am i supposed to respect? him getting richer from papa joe's criminal organization, that was exposed... papa joe's insistence in the family going into politics to insulate him while they participated in more crime?

the continuing criminal enterprise all of these robber barons and politicians perpetrate daily with government money and graft and bribes and etc?

how is it a public service for a man to go to congress and get ffffkin rich? seems like private service to me...

anyways, sorry to offend you, or any family members of his, but if a pig is a pig, then i'm going to call it a pig... like he was some sort of a hero, or a boy made good... he KILLED a woman, then sold his soul

looking out for the disadvantaged while lining your own pockets is much like selling drugs and using that money to feed the poor... man... when will the wool ever come off?!?!!?

Tipys
Thu Aug 27th, 2009, 09:46 AM
REALLY?

disrespectful? okay, you dredge up someone who knows him or any of his rich robber-baron criminal enterprise family and i will relent.

TELL me, what about him am i supposed to respect? him getting richer from papa joe's criminal organization, that was exposed... papa joe's insistence in the family going into politics to insulate him while they participated in more crime?

the continuing criminal enterprise all of these robber barons and politicians perpetrate daily with government money and graft and bribes and etc?

how is it a public service for a man to go to congress and get ffffkin rich? seems like private service to me...

anyways, sorry to offend you, or any family members of his, but if a pig is a pig, then i'm going to call it a pig... like he was some sort of a hero, or a boy made good... he KILLED a woman, then sold his soul

looking out for the disadvantaged while lining your own pockets is much like selling drugs and using that money to feed the poor... man... when will the wool ever come off?!?!!?

Well it is fact that he has helped more then a few people.

However all this crime and murder if it was true he would probly be in prison. So being he was not in prison it falls into being hear say.

Never said he was a hero. But that doesn't matter. My bet is your no saint or hero yourself. I sure hope people have more respect when you pass away.

Shea
Thu Aug 27th, 2009, 11:06 AM
However all this crime and murder if it was true he would probly be in prison. So being he was not in prison it falls into being hear say.

uh, yeah...because our justice system doesn't have different standards for rich people...

neh
Thu Aug 27th, 2009, 11:20 AM
ok, I stole this.

Senator Ted Kennedy has died at age 77. President Obama will honor Kennedy's legacy by appointing his successor from a list pre-approved by Kennedy. Candidates include Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, and Harvey Wallbanger. They will all help ease the pain of failed stimulus packages.

DavidofColorado
Thu Aug 27th, 2009, 12:21 PM
ok, I stole this.
:pointlaugh:

Dogsbody
Thu Aug 27th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I think the greatest testament to his ineffectiveness was that nobody ever tried to shoot him.

That being said, RIP, Ted.

whitebrad
Fri Aug 28th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Well it is fact that he has helped more then a few people.

Never said he was a hero. But that doesn't matter. My bet is your no saint or hero yourself. I sure hope people have more respect when you pass away.

mayn, when i die, just throw me in a dumpster... don't ever say anything good about me because i am a bastard...

of course, i am also a realist... i am not a saint, nor do i claim to be, but really, what about him should i respect? that he's DEAD?