PDA

View Full Version : Cant sleep before racing

64BonnieLass
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Is there anybody else out there who races..who can't sleep before races? How about eating? Can you eat? I drink water like crazy but can't eat nor can I sleep.

I am trying to fill my body with protiens and some sugers....tons of hydration, but what else?

Anyone?

Zach929rr
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 12:25 AM
There are a few natural remedies for insomnia:

1) Valerian
2) Kava
3) Foods high in Magnesium
4) Maybe some whole grain crackers

64BonnieLass
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Are any of those good for shutting the mind down? In an amped state of mind?

K that would be my norm...what about the really really hyper dislocative mind?

64BonnieLass
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 12:39 AM
I can't shut my mind off. I want to sleep. But my mind spins on the pits, the track, the turns. All I can see are turns in my head, 1, 2, etc, and on and on. I want to sleep.

But I can't. I do this over and over and over in my head.

Spiderman
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Picture yourself in a boat on a river,
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies.

Don't have a remedy other than to try and get your mind to focus on something else. Relax. Go to your happy place. :)

Captain Obvious
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 01:12 AM
I usually sleep like a baby race weekends. And poop constantly. Even had a buddies mom recommend I drink prune juice several days before to help me spend more time in the pits and not the bathroom.

jsears1864
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 03:58 AM
i cant sleep either. try staying up the night before so the night of, your so tired you have to sleep.

i pee alot on race day. always before a moto. 4-5 times by 1pm. wierd

DavidofColorado
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 04:57 AM
When I can't sleep I brake down a motorcycle engine in my head. That puts me out. You could try that or something else that you know will make you relaxed or bored.

Bueller
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Tylanol PM

Sir Bacon Lube
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Picture yourself in a boat on a river,
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies.

Don't have a remedy other than to try and get your mind to focus on something else. Relax. Go to your happy place. :)

Dreaming of a river might not be good with all that water she drank....

Snowman
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 07:40 AM
On what to eat before a race.
I recommend eating only peanut butter. Not because it settles you stomach or anything, but because it taste the same going down as it does coming up. :up:

As far as the spinning mind effect, most of us get before a race. One thing that does work for me it to play some stupid video game. Bejeweled is one that comes to mind. I can sit there play the a couple hours before going to bed and I’m so zoned I sleep like a baby.

64BonnieLass
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 07:47 AM
i pee alot on race day. always before a moto. 4-5 times by 1pm. wierd

Not to be crass, but I do too. It's almost like an anxiety. I always thought it was really wierd too.

Tylanol PM

I can't take that stuff. Makes me feel like bugs are all over my skin. Then I'm exhausted AND freaked out.

Man I am tired today. Just couldn't shut down last night. And I'm the slow chick in the back, so why would I even worry. :banghead: I get WAY too amped up about stuff.

UglykidJoe
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 07:55 AM
I get WAY too amped up about stuff.

You must have been a joy for your parents on Christmas Eve/Morning as a child. LOL

Bashed
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 08:06 AM
I cant belive nobody has metioned the best sleep relaxer of all.....
Long sweaty sex!
Always works for me.
Your other remidies are no match for what comes natural.
Get on it Bonnielass, literally.

Peace Bash

64BonnieLass
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 08:29 AM
I cant belive nobody has metioned the best sleep relaxer of all.....
Long sweaty sex!
Always works for me.
Your other remidies are no match for what comes natural.
Get on it Bonnielass, literally.

Peace Bash

Sooooo....I guess have Krissy call me?! :lol: I'm teasing.

Sully
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 08:35 AM
:imwithstupid: :hump: :yes: :boobies::bananna: I'm wth Bash on that one... hellzyah! :yumyum:

dirkterrell
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 08:43 AM
I find that visualization helps me. I relax and visualize a lap around track and time it with a stopwatch. I do it over and over until I can do the visualization in real time (i.e. my visualized lap time matches my typical real lap time). That takes a while to happen but I find that it makes me really think about what I am doing at every stage of a lap. Then I can really look critically at what I am doing and figure out where I can make the most improvement.

When I do that, it tires me out a bit but it also settles me down because I now know exactly what I want to do. My mind is not flitting about in anticipation of what is going to happen because I know what is going to happen.

Dirk

SaShWhO
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 08:45 AM
boing chigga boing boing:hump:= a good nights sleep.
pm me for details

Zach929rr
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 08:54 AM
pm me for details

LOL!

Terri, try some Kava tea.

64BonnieLass
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Hahaha...Sash. Too funny. You are so giving and helpful.

Zach, I'll get some at the store today. Then I'll try Dirks idea. That should help a ton.

Zach929rr
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Let me know if you can't find it and I'll point you in the right direction online.

Horsman
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Increase slow digesting Protein levels the day before(slows down the gi) - then hit the carbs right before the race for that quick boost of energy. :)

CBRSue
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I get like that before race weekends, too, and I'm just a spectator! :crazy: And I have trouble sleeping the night before going on rides, too. Guess it's just 'cause we get excited (and maybe a little nervous) about the fun day that lies ahead. :) I think we should all give Bashed's and SaShWhO's recommended remedy a shot! :D

dirkterrell
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I think we should all give Bashed's and SaShWhO's recommended remedy a shot! :D

Ok.

Dirk

64BonnieLass
Wed Aug 26th, 2009, 10:35 AM
:) I think we should all give Bashed's and SaShWhO's recommended remedy a shot! :D

Ok.

Dirk

Awww....how sweet. :angel:

N1KSS1KS1x
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 10:48 AM
+1 On a krazy night of sex :hump:
That visual laptimes a good idea I'll have to try that one.

Sully
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 01:59 PM
Note to self: Do not drink Red Bull prior to practice... :bigeyes:

64BonnieLass
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 02:04 PM
^^^:lol:

N1KSS1KS1x
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 03:46 PM
Note to self: Do not drink Red Bull prior to practice... :bigeyes:
I know right you wouldnt even say hi back to me on pregrid.
:(

Sully
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 04:00 PM
:slap: oh dayum... sorry... I probably didn't even recognize you... my bad :oops:.... oooooh... was that you on my right during Sportsman?

sloridr
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 04:06 PM
Tylanol PM

++1

DRKATO1
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 05:06 PM
1. 2 beers
2. 30 mins in whirlpool
3. 30 minute massage
4. fall asleep on couch watching moto gp replay
5. sex is always a good thing
:)

64BonnieLass
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 08:12 PM
Whoa whoa, there DRKATO you forgot the humpin part. You need a #5.

Autom8ed
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 08:36 PM
If all the great natural methods still don't work..

Xanax. Just don't use it too often.

DRKATO1
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 07:17 AM
Wait...Whoa whoa, there DRKATO you forgot the humpin part. You need a #5. It has already been written, therefore mandatory. (Krissssssyyyyyy!!!!!)[/quote]

fixed :)

N1KSS1KS1x
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 08:51 AM
:slap: oh dayum... sorry... I probably didn't even recognize you... my bad :oops:.... oooooh... was that you on my right during Sportsman?

Yeah that it was indeed. Good to see you out there!