PDA

View Full Version : 8/26 Peak to Peak ride

Dogsbody
Thu Aug 27th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Met up with June (PuneyJuney) and her husband Gary for a ride from Golden to Boulder via Golden Gate Canyon up along P2P (quite a bit of roadworks along the way) and down to Lyons (bighorn sheep by the road), we then headed back to Boulder for some excellent sushi at Japango on Pearl Street Mall.

A great ride with some fun people! Thanks again for your hospitality guys!

PunyJuney
Thu Aug 27th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Ditto Mark! Thanks for showing us the long way to lunch!!!
I was surprised to see how dirty Golden Gate was (still). I thought all that would have been scrubbed off. The quarter mile of inch thick sand, dirt and stones was more than compensated by the new pavement on the other side!

sloridr
Fri Aug 28th, 2009, 10:26 PM
We've hit GG a couple of times lately and once there was a blade(motor grader) pulling the bar ditchs up onto the road. Hence the 1/4" of dirt. And they were paving still when we went through. Glad to hear the paving sound like its done. I tried to catch you guys in Golden but didn't make it in time. Kudos on the good ride and the sushi!

Dogsbody
Sat Aug 29th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Hey PJ,
The "missing" sushi in question was himachi sashimi with jalapeno. Keep that in mind for next time. Also, your chinese girlfriend that could eat me under the table (this I gotta see). Is she cute and single? If so, maybe she could meet us there? You and Gary still planning on Bostons next week? I've a friend and his wife coming too.

Sloridr, I'm sure we'll do it again, stay tuned.

PunyJuney
Sat Aug 29th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Mark,
We'll be in CT on business and will miss Bostons, sorry! My sushi eating friend is very cute, and what I can only describe as single'ish. Her on again off again ex-boyfriend seems to only be interested in smokin up lately so he's on the outside at the moment....but that changes weekly. The good news is that she rides too! Doesn't have a bike at the moment, but that change is easily made. We just have to 'weed' out her current baggage.

PunyJuney
Sat Aug 29th, 2009, 02:33 PM
We've hit GG a couple of times lately and once there was a blade(motor grader) pulling the bar ditchs up onto the road. Hence the 1/4" of dirt. And they were paving still when we went through. Glad to hear the paving sound like its done. I tried to catch you guys in Golden but didn't make it in time. Kudos on the good ride and the sushi!

Call us next time and we'll wait for ya, or come on up the hill. Chances are at my speed :turtle: and Gary's speed :turtle::turtle::turtle: we won't be far ahead!:)

sloridr
Sat Aug 29th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Call us next time and we'll wait for ya, or come on up the hill. Chances are at my speed :turtle: and Gary's speed :turtle::turtle::turtle: we won't be far ahead!:)
Well i call myself Sloridr for a reason. To throw people off when i ride fast. I look forward to the next Sushi Ride!!!

Dogsbody
Sun Aug 30th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Mark,
We'll be in CT on business and will miss Bostons, sorry! My sushi eating friend is very cute, and what I can only describe as single'ish. Her on again off again ex-boyfriend seems to only be interested in smokin up lately so he's on the outside at the moment....but that changes weekly. The good news is that she rides too! Doesn't have a bike at the moment, but that change is easily made. We just have to 'weed' out her current baggage.

Thats too bad that you and Gary will miss this event. Well, there's always next time (if it doesn't snow...). As to your friend, she rides too? Excellent! Also, I think we can show her that the grass is greener (and not being smoked) on this side of the fence.