PDA

View Full Version : Teknic Lightning suit so far

BlueDevil
Thu Jul 24th, 2003, 07:21 AM
I havent had a situation where I have found out what its like in a crash (knock on wood), so I cant tell U how it hokds up there. But so far I love it. Perf gives plenty of air while moving to keep cool. Even on those hot days. Took about 4 - 5 track days to break in and feel comfortable. Only thing I would say to be aware of if U R considering this suit. The legs are pretty tight. I bought a size up from what I should probably have because the smaller one made me talk like a girl. The suit itself feels good but the legs are very tight. If U have large upperlegs U may want to rethink this suit or make sure U try it on before U buy.

pace
Sat Aug 9th, 2003, 12:41 AM
I'm 5'8" and 155lbs, and even the 42" two-piece Lightning suit was too tight on my butt and legs. It is also cut very short in the body and I would think anyone over 5'10" would have serious problems. Too bad, because it is a beautifully constructed suit.

I ended up with a Gericke Tribal suit from Fay Myers for $399 (regular $700) in size 42. Fits purfick!

-Pace

Rick T.
Sat Aug 9th, 2003, 07:48 AM
I have the 1-pc Lightning. I like it. Well made and has features that are usually found on higher priced models from other brands... These suits run small in size - you my need to go up 1 or sometimes 2 sizes to get the correct fit - torso is short. Leather is high quality and the suit is fully perforated. I crashed at SCR and the suit held up well - I walked away without a single scratch on me... suit had slight abrasion. Its a GREAT suit for the price... Just make sure you Lexol after you clean with soap/water.

Now, all I need is a back protector...