PDA

View Full Version : Snowboard / Ski Season right around the corner. Labor Day Weekend Sales.

Matty
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 08:24 AM
Wooooo Hooooo!!!! It's almost that time. Loveland Ski Resort plans to start blowing snow in 23 days!

For those needing new gear, Labor Day will be crazy this year. Not only will Colorado Ski & Golf being hosting "Ski-Rex." And Sports Authority hosting "Snia-grab." But Christy's Sports has decided to get into the Labor Day Weekend sales game.

I'll be bouncing around all the shops helping out.

Also, the Vail Resort passes go on sale this upcomming weekend.
$599 for the Epic, $439 for Colorado Pass, $399 for the Summit.
http://www.snow.com/passsales/default.aspx

It needs to be boarding season NOW!!!!

Tylar
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 08:31 AM
Oh man, that's no doubt.

We'll be hitting at least Sniagrab this Saturday. If you know when you'll be at where as the weekend approaches, holler. He'll look for ya so we can heckle and such....

Tylar
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 08:34 AM
I just saw this . . . I hope they keep this around for a few years: http://www.snow.com/passsales/5thgradeprogram.aspx

Matty
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 08:35 AM
for those that don't know.

Sni-grab = best deals, not so high end stuff.

Ski-Rex = Still pretty damn good deals, lots of high and low end stuff.

Christy's = kinda right in the middle.

Personally i think Ski-Rex will have the most knowledgable sales people and have more quality gear.

salsashark
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 08:40 AM
when I was working for Christy's it was the "Grab-a-ski" sale...

We still need to talk about some Flows and possibly a new board.

Sean
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 08:43 AM
Can't wait!!!! I'm going to try my hand at snowboarding this year. Those kids on the bunny hill betta watch out! :shocked:

Matty
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 08:46 AM
Can't wait!!!! I'm going to try my hand at snowboarding this year. Those kids on the bunny hill betta watch out! :shocked:
will put you and my girl's daughter on the bunny slope together. lol.

MetaLord 9
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 08:50 AM
I'm getting you a pair of rabbit ears for your helmet. :D

J/k, I'll probby be right there with ya 'cause I'm learn'n switch this year. I'm sure my faceplant numbers will be up this year... :(

bulldog
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the sale reminders Matty. I could always use some new stuff :)

Sean
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 09:11 AM
will put you and my girl's daughter on the bunny slope together. lol.

I'm getting you a pair of rabbit ears for your helmet. :D:doublefinger: Jerks!
Awe, who cares. At least I'm out there trying! It's inevitable that I get passed by 9 y/o girls.

JonnyD
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 09:17 AM
Can't wait!!! Need to get a helmet so I can start hitting the big bowls this year. Thanks for the heads up!

Sully
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 09:21 AM
:doublefinger: Jerks!
Awe, who cares. At least I'm out there trying! It's inevitable that I get passed by 9 y/o girls.

Maybe if you moved onto a big girl bra (instead of using the training one), you may get faster? :boobies:

Tylar
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 09:24 AM
Can't wait!!! Need to get a helmet so I can start hitting the big bowls this year. Thanks for the heads up!

If JonnyD splatters his brains in Blue Sky Basin, will anyone hear it?

+1 on the helmet. Few times I've put my helmet into good use. Can't imagine what would've happened without it.

Sean
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 09:24 AM
Maybe if you moved onto a big girl bra (instead of using the training one), you may get faster? :boobies:Are you kidding? That thing was huge! :shocked: I had to find the biggest one possible to fit over my jacket. It was like, walmart-old lady huge.

Maybe this year keep your eye out for the pink thong? :bananna:

Sully
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 10:44 AM
hay!!! That's my size, old lady huge from Wal-Mart! :bigeyes:

Pink Thong??... I think Victoria's Secret is having a Labor Day SALE !

DevilsTonic
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 11:05 AM
I'm definately going to be checking out all the board sales this weekend. I skipped the entire last season because I didn't have the gear that I needed. It's been over 10 years since I bought new board gear and I couldn't ride because my bindings finally crapped out.

I'm out to buy a whole new setup this year though including a pass to winter park! I WILL NOT MISS ANOTHER SEASON! :up:

Tylar
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 11:08 AM
I WILL NOT MISS ANOTHER SEASON! :up:

Bummer the train is no-more (so i'm told).

MetaLord 9
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 11:09 AM
^^Train was something like $70 a trip from last I remember :shocked:

Tylar
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 11:11 AM
^^Train was something like $70 a trip from last I remember :shocked:

There are some days I'd pay 70 beans for someone else to do the driving . . :drink:.

MetaLord 9
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 11:13 AM
^^Weekdays my brotha, go on the weekdays!

Tylar
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 11:18 AM
That's usually when i go, unless the 3-year old has lessons.

While it's never been a deterrent for going up in the first place, the drive home blows, no matter what time.

MetaLord 9
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah, but having gone up mostly Sundays, weekdays are as good as it's gonna get unfortunately :(

Ricky
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 11:22 AM
I've seen plenty of high end stuff at sniagrab. They usually have quite an array of quality from the most ghetto pieces of shit, to the top of the line Burton and Neversummer boards.

Tylar
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 11:26 AM
Yeah, but having gone up mostly Sundays, weekdays are as good as it's gonna get unfortunately :(

There's nothing sweeter than a powder day on a Tuesday. :alien:

JonnyD
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 11:37 AM
There's nothing sweeter than a powder day on a Tuesday. :alien:

Oh hell yes. You can bet I'll calling in sick with the ol' racoon-eye-rash like last season, the day after the mountains get DUMPED on.

I ride a 177cm board (Rad-Air) and while it can do almost anything, powder is totally worth the sick day at work. :hump:

Matty
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 11:42 AM
I've seen plenty of high end stuff at sniagrab. They usually have quite an array of quality from the most ghetto pieces of shit, to the top of the line Burton and Neversummer boards.
No they don't. They carry some of the higher end companies, but they don't carry their high end boards/skis.

Ricky
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 11:43 AM
No they don't. They carry some of the higher end companies, but they don't carry their high end boards/skis.

You're trying to tell me I haven't seen what I've seen. Nice :lol:

Matty
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 11:50 AM
You're trying to tell me I haven't seen what I've seen. Nice :lol:
Pretty much..... lol.

You show me a Burton Vapor that isn't a demo model from last year or this year's model and i'll apologize.

If Sni-grab does have the higher end models, most likely they are demos or last years stuff that they bought at clearance. Sports Authority does not buy the higher end lines that Burton, Ride, K2, etc make.

dchd1130
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 11:56 AM
Pretty much..... lol.

You show me a Burton Vapor that isn't a demo model from last year or this year's model and i'll apologize.

If Sni-grab does have the higher end models, most likely they are demos or last years stuff that they bought at clearance. Sports Authority does not buy the higher end lines that Burton, Ride, K2, etc make.

It always cracks me up when someone tries to argue with Matty on snowboard stuff. Reminds me of some of the people that come into my shop and do the same thing to me. Its like dude, this is what I have been doing all day every day for the last 10 years. I have a pretty good handle on whats going on.

DevilsTonic
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 12:00 PM
I am not overly concerned with having the newest hottest equipment out there. I don't need a $400 board...

Besides, what one person would consider quality could be a snowboard snob's junk. :)

Ricky
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 12:15 PM
It always cracks me up when someone tries to argue with Matty on snowboard stuff. Reminds me of some of the people that come into my shop and do the same thing to me. Its like dude, this is what I have been doing all day every day for the last 10 years. I have a pretty good handle on whats going on.

Right, because just because you've been doing it every day for your entire life, means you are always right about everything, no matter what! That's not cocky at all.

I've been developing software for 16 years (more than half my life), but I know I'm not always right.

asp_125
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 12:27 PM
Speaking of Ski-Rex - here is a coupon to get into Friday's pre-sales event.

http://www.snow.com/~/media/Images/Snow/Email/steepsavers/ss_csgcoupon_083109.ashx

DevilsTonic
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 12:31 PM
Speaking of Ski-Rex - here is a coupon to get into Friday's pre-sales event.

http://www.snow.com/~/media/Images/Snow/Email/steepsavers/ss_csgcoupon_083109.ashxSWEET!!

Matty
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 12:40 PM
Its like dude, this is what I have been doing all day every day for the last 10 years. I have a pretty good handle on whats going on.

Thanx man... but trust me, i don't know everything in regards to boarding. I can look and flex any board and tell you how it's going to ride. But i wouldn't be able to tell you about every companies line of boards. Shit Burton has something like 35 men's boards and 20 something women's boards.

I am not overly concerned with having the newest hottest equipment out there. I don't need a $400 board...

Besides, what one person would consider quality could be a snowboard snob's junk. :)

Exactly.... Leah if you have any question don't hesitate to ask.

Right, because just because you've been doing it every day for your entire life, means you are always right about everything, no matter what! That's not cocky at all.

I've been developing software for 16 years (more than half my life), but I know I'm not always right.

Ricky.... you should by now, that my ass is way cocky, lol.

No but you're right, i've been shredding for 17 years and been working in the industry for over 12 and i know i've made quite a few mistakes.

Canuck
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 12:48 PM
Never Summer and Arbor are the two best brands that you will never find at any of these 'Sales'. If you are picky go to the small, independant shops like Thrifty Stick and Single Track during the off season for the best deals on the more "upscale" brands.

But, Matty knows what he is talking about. Ski Rex is the best all round place for all your gear.

salsashark
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 12:58 PM
...and another plug for Thrifty Stick (http://www.thriftystick.com)... :up:

Kendra is one of the coolest chicks you'll ever meet and she has built a very quality locally owned snowboard/skate business. Nothing against the big guys, I used to work for a few of them, but it's one of those "support the local guy" kind of things.

bulldog
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 01:02 PM
Never Summer and Arbor are the two best brands that you will never find at any of these 'Sales'. If you are picky go to the small, independant shops like Thrifty Stick and Single Track during the off season for the best deals on the more "upscale" brands.

But, Matty knows what he is talking about. Ski Rex is the best all round place for all your gear. Any idea if "Unity" boards are ever sold at any of these events? That or Never Summer will be my next board.

DevilsTonic
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 01:07 PM
...and another plug for Thrifty Stick (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/www.thriftystick.com)... :up:

Kendra is one of the coolest chicks you'll ever meet and she has built a very quality locally owned snowboard/skate business. Nothing against the big guys, I used to work for a few of them, but it's one of those "support the local guy" kind of things.fix yer link there, Salsa. :)

salsashark
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 01:10 PM
details schmeetails!

thanx

and to be all technical about it: http://www.tsboardshop.com

Matty
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 01:44 PM
Any idea if "Unity" boards are ever sold at any of these events? That or Never Summer will be my next board.
Unity is holding on by a thin strand.

Matty
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 01:46 PM
Thrifty Stick is an awesome shop, along with Emage, 303 and BC. But as mentioned they are the Core shops. Usually only carrying a few brands.

Personally i like the smaller local shops, but the big ones, pay the bills.

bulldog
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 02:09 PM
Unity is holding on by a thin strand. You mean the company in general? That sucks because they are hand made boards made here in Summit County Guess they just can't compete with the big companies. :(