Devaclis
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 08:35 AM
that is total bullshit.

End of an era.

Matty
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 08:37 AM
that is total bullshit.

End of an era.

Just typical larger corporations buying up the smaller ones.

It's been happening everywhere.

You'd be surprised to know who owns what in the Skate/Surf/Snowboard industry.

Shea
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 08:40 AM
Just typical larger corporations buying up the smaller ones.

It's been happening everywhere.

Doesn't mean it's a good thing..

You'd be surprised to know who owns what in the Skate/Surf/Snowboard industry.

Companies that can't compete in that market on their own, lack an understanding of the demographic and who's corporate culture is unable to fully comprehend the motivations of their customers? Yeah, wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Sean
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 08:46 AM
If Walt was buying it, it might get a little more twisted than it already is. But he's dead and now it's the corporation. There's a good chance for rainbows and fluffy bunnies in it's future. :(

Devaclis
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 08:47 AM
No, you are rolling a successful, creative, adventurous company and rolling it into a company known for total control over it's image, employees, and legacy story lines.

I do not see too much of good old Marvel Comic styling coming out of this. I see a change from the old way that Marvel stories were told, and still are for the most part. A change that has more to do with global branding and marketing than even Marvel itself was even willing to do. I prefer Marvel the way it was. Not the way it is going to be. But hey, I only know a little more about the company than 99% of the people who will comment about it here. Carry on, in the dark.

Matty
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 09:46 AM
But hey, I only know a little more about the company than 99% of the people who will comment about it here. Carry on, in the dark.
oh shut it you gimp.