PDA

View Full Version : Chicane announces 9/13 at HPR

Pages : [1] 2

rybo
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 10:11 AM
That's right!

We're going back to HPR for another Sunday full of fun!

High Plains Raceway is Colorado's newest roadracing venue and offers 2.5 miles and 15 turns of asphalt for your surfing pleasure. Chicane fully staffs the event with corner workers, ambulance and instructors offering a second to none experience!

On September 13th Boulder Motorsports, one of the nation's premier Ducati tuning and performance shops, will be providing lunch free of charge to all participants!

Also on the 13th Vanmar Racing will be on site to perform tire changes and advanced level instruction.

Cost for the day is $200.00

We look forward to seeing you there!

Scott

Foolds
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 10:23 AM
I am there!

N1KSS1KS1x
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 10:33 AM
Is the vanmar instruction included in that 200? If so what does advanced instruction get ya? I might wanna do that

rybo
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 10:42 AM
Is the vanmar instruction included in that 200? If so what does advanced instruction get ya? I might wanna do that

no, there will be an extra charge for the private sessions with Mark. He will be doing one AM and one PM session for one client each. It will include a video analysis of your riding in addition to private coaching at the highest level. Track fees and private session are $350.

If that isn't for you, then I staff all Chicane events with coaches that will work with people free of charge throughout the day. These are riders who are not only fantastic riders and racers, but also have a passion for sharing their knowledge with others.

Hope to see you there

Scott

N1KSS1KS1x
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks Scott :)
If I can make it some coaching would be helpful.

Tim K
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 11:54 AM
I'll be there!

Zach929rr
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 11:56 AM
I'll be there. What kind of times are the novices running out there, on the high end of the spectrum?

rybo
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 12:19 PM
In the MRA -

Novice GTU -
2:13 to 2:15 would put you top 25

2:09 would put you in the top 15

2:07 and you'd be nipping at the top 5

Stank Juic3
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 12:35 PM
Finally my first trackday. But I dont get it, I paid $200 for my first trackday (0 experience, missed the never-ever deal) and I dont get a free class or I do?

Zach929rr
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 12:36 PM
In the MRA -

Novice GTU -
2:13 to 2:15 would put you top 25

2:09 would put you in the top 15

2:07 and you'd be nipping at the top 5

Alright then... sub 2:20's is the goal for the day :)

JPrider
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 12:38 PM
You know I'll be there! Count me in!

SaShWhO
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 12:39 PM

remember rule number one while reaching for your goal big boy:alien:

Sean
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 12:42 PM
My goal is to not crash. Anything above and beyond that is extra happiness. :up:

racedk6
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 12:50 PM
This is a good possibility for me, I have a few things to fix before then but I should be good to go!

Zach929rr
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 01:07 PM
Finally my first trackday. But I dont get it, I paid $200 for my first trackday (0 experience, missed the never-ever deal) and I dont get a free class or I do?

Just ask one of the instructors kindly :)

mforza
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 01:12 PM
Hope I can make it.
I'm faster at the Chicane trackdays then when I race in MRA:lol::lol:

rybo
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 01:28 PM

Instruction is always available at no extra charge at Chicane days. If you indicated that you have 0 experience when you sign up I schedule to have enough instructors on hand for everyone.

Looking forward to seeing you there

Scott

Foolds
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 01:32 PM
Anyone got a spot on their Trailer from up north Metro?

Zach929rr
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 01:40 PM
If you can't find someone by you, lemme know.

chad23
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 01:53 PM
putting in for the time off now, lets see if they will give me the time off. if they do I will be there fo sho

Desmodromico
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 01:58 PM
Scott,

If we still have a punch left on the 3-pass do you have a new code for this one on the site?

Thanks!

Stank Juic3
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 03:08 PM
Instruction is always available at no extra charge at Chicane days. If you indicated that you have 0 experience when you sign up I schedule to have enough instructors on hand for everyone.

Looking forward to seeing you there

Scott

Right on, and what time do I need to be there???

Kitten
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 03:21 PM
Anyone got a spot on their Trailer from up north Metro?

Let me know if you still need a spot on a trailer. I have room.

McVaaahhh
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 04:01 PM
Scott,

If we still have a punch left on the 3-pass do you have a new code for this one on the site?

Thanks!

:imwithstupid:

OUTLAWD
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 04:44 PM
scraping up some coin...hopefully enough to pick up a trailer as well

lovinCO
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 06:06 PM
Hopefully Aaron and I are coming out for this one too. :)

peteremsley
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 06:09 PM
I'm planning on being there.

When I convince the accountant in me that education is a very good thing, I'd like a book a session with Mark. Do I do that through Chicane, or Vanmar?

Redflash3
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 06:12 PM
Count me in Scott. I to have one punch card left that I'll be using. I assume the code you gave me should be used when I sign up.

Thanks,

Redflash3
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 06:14 PM

Zach, I'm going to try and do sub 2:20's to keep up with you :hump:

OUTLAWD
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 06:33 PM
Zach, I'm going to try and do sub 2:20's to keep up with you :hump:

Just don't get too close...duct tape and zip ties are known to indirectly cause target fixation...you may start staring at the tail section wondering if might fly off at anytime...

<3 you zach...:slappers:

racedk6
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 06:35 PM
I'm planning on being there.

When I convince the accountant in me that education is a very good thing, I'd like a book a session with Mark. Do I do that through Chicane, or Vanmar?

Peter just give Tammy a call :)

racedk6
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 06:36 PM
Hopefully Aaron and I are coming out for this one too. :)

You guys better be there!!!

64BonnieLass
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 08:02 PM
Oh hey, a track day. At HPR. Well, sonofagun. If I can get my bike there I think I would like to come as well. Whodathunkit. :)

Player 2
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 08:44 PM
Natty and I will be there... (with bells on even) :lol:

Zach929rr
Mon Aug 31st, 2009, 11:30 PM
Terri, I have one unclaimed spot on a trailer. Lemme know.

To Sash and Dave: Getoffmynuts(lawn?)

cromer611
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 12:40 AM
if i can find a crank and throw it in my bike, ill be breaking it in for sure : ) until then i dunno

Black Phantom
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 09:18 AM
I'm planning on it, just need to hear from Scott as I never done the Chicane track days before.

Hack Job
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 01:28 PM
I'm there. I was just going to ride out there and have the GF and a couple friends chase me in a car, but if anyone has an extra spot on a trailer and no one else needs it I'll be happy to fill it so I can ride with them to the track. :) I'm in thornton.

I'm trying to get my hands on an easy up for some shade, but if it doesn't work out can I snag a pit spot with someone?

Can't flippin wait. :hump:

dragos13
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 01:30 PM
Terri, you can always use my trailer again. Let me know and I'll get tags for it :)

Black Phantom, what are you waiting for from scott? Maybe I can help you out?

lovinCO
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 01:42 PM
You guys better be there!!!

Yea, I have to learn how to ride on DOTs. I don't know if I can do it.

Black Phantom
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 02:20 PM
Black Phantom, what are you waiting for from scott? Maybe I can help you out?

I spoke with Joe and he answered my questions. I'll be there unless I do something stupid at HPR this Monday.

64BonnieLass
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 02:29 PM
Oh snap, I just pinged Scott to cancel my plans for this. Then realized I already paid for it. Whoooooo hoooooooo.

Zach, I may take you up on that offer. Give me a day or two and I'll ping you. Would you be willing to help with my rear stand as well. No worries either way, there is always a boy or two that will help me either way. I love boys!!!

Casey, thank you sweetie. And if I race next year, I'll pay for your tags regardless. It didn't dawn on me until I was coming home. (Dear Self, don't speed and get pulled over) BTW, if you get a bill from E-470 let me know. LOL, kidding. I was good. I think! :)

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 02:41 PM
Zach, I may take you up on that offer. Give me a day or two and I'll ping you. Would you be willing to help with my rear stand as well. No worries either way, there is always a boy or two that will help me either way. I love boys!!!

Yeah I'll have plenty of room for stands.

I'm there. I was just going to ride out there and have the GF and a couple friends chase me in a car, but if anyone has an extra spot on a trailer and no one else needs it I'll be happy to fill it so I can ride with them to the track. :) I'm in thornton.

I'm trying to get my hands on an easy up for some shade, but if it doesn't work out can I snag a pit spot with someone?

Can't flippin wait. :hump:

I'll stuff three on the trailer again. If not, you can pit with me cutie. Got to get Brian (Mike - LOL!) to pit with us again too.

dragos13
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 02:46 PM
Oh snap, I just pinged Scott to cancel my plans for this. Then realized I already paid for it. Whoooooo hoooooooo.

Casey, thank you sweetie. And if I race next year, I'll pay for your tags regardless. It didn't dawn on me until I was coming home. (Dear Self, don't speed and get pulled over) BTW, if you get a bill from E-470 let me know. LOL, kidding. I was good. I think! :)

Tags were still good until today so you were ok :)

Let me know and i'll get another year put on them. And what do you mean "if" you race next year :alien:

Redflash3
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 05:08 PM
Yeah I'll have plenty of room for stands.

I'll stuff three on the trailer again. If not, you can pit with me cutie. Got to get Brian (Mike - LOL!) to pit with us again too.

Hey Zach I'll be pitting with a buddy but I'll come visit and hit some laps with you.

64BonnieLass
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 05:52 PM
Tags were still good until today so you were ok :)

Let me know and i'll get another year put on them. And what do you mean "if" you race next year :alien:

Yea Casey, just keep sucking me right back in. Sonnofa!!!!! I've got at least 6 months babe!

675Rider
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 06:23 PM
Ill be there slowing you all down again!

Snowman
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 07:34 PM
Ok, are they going to do a MRA School like they did a Peublo?
If so, where is the link?
Is the price including the track day?
etc...

racedk6
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 09:10 PM
etc...

no they arent as far as i know

Hack Job
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 09:18 PM

Cool, I'll squeeze in there if bonnielass doesn't mind a little sandwich action :eyebrows: No touching in my bikini zone though, that costs extra!

We can meet on the way somewhere and slap my bike on the trailer since were both kind of on opposite sides of the city (I'm on 104th and I-25). If you fill up the trailer, thats cool too, I'm more concerned with shade during the day than a ride, lol. :cool:

Shoot me a PM or give me a ring when you get your plan ironed out.

crazyhammer10
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 09:24 PM
geez this sounds like fun im there for sure chad can i trailer with you ?

rybo
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 10:02 PM
etc...

Randall,

There is no MRA school on this day. There are a couple of private coaching sessions with Mark S. that day, but they are already sold out.

Thank you

Scott

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 11:16 PM
Hey Zach I'll be pitting with a buddy but I'll come visit and hit some laps with you.

Why don't we just do a little pit row action?

Ceez
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 11:30 PM
IM THERE....

Can I borrow someones bike...a trailer...some leathers...and $200 ?!?

Tim K
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 08:57 AM
Anybody got room for another lawn chair under their easy-up? I'm trying to get one beforehand, but may not get it done due to funds.

Redflash3
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 04:52 PM
Why don't we just do a little pit row action?

Cool, sounds like a plan.

TheStig
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 05:42 PM
I want to go, but I have to admit Im a pussy. Im scared I will drop my street bike haha, meaning I dont want to hurt my bike, not that I just really suck. Although I probably do suck. Its actually the only reason I have yet to do one of these. sigh

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 05:57 PM
I want to go, but I have to admit Im a pussy. Im scared I will drop my street bike haha, meaning I dont want to hurt my bike, not that I just really suck. Although I probably do suck. Its actually the only reason I have yet to do one of these. sigh

Don't be scared. You'll never drop your street bike out there...trust me.

Zach929rr
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 06:09 PM
Don't be scared. You'll never drop your street bike out there...trust me.

No comment.

OUTLAWD
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 06:36 PM

Just don't ride above your head mang, check your ego at the gate and open your mind up for a totally new experience. No matter who you are, there is going to be a slew of people who are faster(and slower) than you at the track.

I became sooo much more comfortable on my bike after a track day, and now the canyons seem kinda boring (unless I'm following zach...haha). That, and you can wring your bike out in a legal environment. its a win win situation. Throw some sliders on the brit and have at it!

I'll see you there! :up:

Sean
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 07:07 PM
Just don't ride above your head mang, check your ego at the gate and open your mind up for a totally new experience. No matter who you are, there is going to be a slew of people who are faster(and slower) than you at the track. :imwithstupid:

TheStig, it's totally up to you on how you perform. Like he said, leave the ego at home, go out there and ride your own pace. No one really cares about how fast or slow anybody else is. It's all about enjoying the day and learning more about your bike and how to ride it.

If you're ever going to give it a go, Chicane Trackdays is by far the best place to do it. People are split into groups by speed, which keeps it very low stress for riders of all levels. It's the best money you can spend to get better at riding.

It you are worried about crashing, don't be. Start out as slow as you want and only increase speed if it feels comfortable. Plus there are some awesome rider coaches who are as patient as they are fast. Hope to see you out there :up:

Black Phantom
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 07:44 PM
Throw some sliders on the brit and have at it!

I have crashed two different Speed Triples and both had Ski King sliders, man did that save both bikes. All you need is the front frame sliders and swing arm sliders. If you want more protection then go with GSG stator and clutch sliders and you can drop that bike all you want and keep riding all day.

Try to make it, you'll have fun. Plus we need some in-line 3 take over :alien:

TheStig
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 08:16 PM
I would need pants...hmmmm. I will have to see if I can locate some and I might be game. I dont have frame sliders either though.

rybo
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 09:46 PM
I would need pants...hmmmm. I will have to see if I can locate some and I might be game. I dont have frame sliders either though.

I have a couple of suits that I loan out to new track riders at my events....what size do you need?

or, to ask another way, height and weight?

s

Sean
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 09:54 PM
I've got some Teknic leather pants with a 360 zipper. Size 34 (I think)

Stank Juic3
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 10:10 PM

I been riding for 6 years now. This is my first trackday, I have confidence in my riding but still freak out a lil in setting a proper entrance speed in corners. This is going to be a reality check for me about my limit and also practice. Also I know I can lean pretty far over (about a 45-50 degree lean) but just never got a knee down (Im terrified of gravel :roll:).

OUTLAWD
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 10:28 PM
Plus we need some in-line 3 take over :alien:

I would bring the Sprint out, but dragging fairings, pegs and centerstands doesn't feel quite as cool as touching knee down...

and I have a sz 42 2 pc Joe Rocket textile i can bring...if the suit fits...

ScottieFlan
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 10:30 PM
Yeah man, this is going to be my first as well... Luckily, I snagged a never ever spot a few months ago. I wanted to get a track bike for this day because I was afraid of dropping my street bike; I was looking at that 636 that's been on here for a while, but when I finally made time to see it, my Explorer's transmission went out (AWESOME!). At this point, though, I'm not worried at all.. I mean you go to a track day for a reason, and it's not to ride like a pussy, right? Granted, my first day as a never ever I likely will be. But in the end, nothing comes without a risk, especially with street bikes. Live life to the fullest, even if it means putting a rash on your baby's clean paint. All I know is I'm psyched and nervous as hell to get on that track haha.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 10:47 PM
Just don't ride above your head mang, check your ego at the gate and open your mind up for a totally new experience. No matter who you are, there is going to be a slew of people who are faster(and slower) than you at the track.

I became sooo much more comfortable on my bike after a track day, and now the canyons seem kinda boring (unless I'm following zach...haha). That, and you can wring your bike out in a legal environment. its a win win situation. Throw some sliders on the brit and have at it!

Great advice! And it's not just about your ego...keep your naturally developing confidence for the day in check too.

TheStig, it's totally up to you on how you perform. Like he said, leave the ego at home, go out there and ride your own pace. No one really cares about how fast or slow anybody else is. It's all about enjoying the day and learning more about your bike and how to ride it.

If you're ever going to give it a go, Chicane Trackdays is by far the best place to do it. People are split into groups by speed, which keeps it very low stress for riders of all levels. It's the best money you can spend to get better at riding.

It you are worried about crashing, don't be. Start out as slow as you want and only increase speed if it feels comfortable. Plus there are some awesome rider coaches who are as patient as they are fast. Hope to see you out there :up:

Scott puts on an incredible day, especially for those new to the track. He covers everything thoroughly and it's left up to you to make the right decisions. Have fun!

TheStig
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 06:43 AM
Im 6' 205lbs. I have a jacket with a half zipper but Rybo if I could borrow a suit that would work as well. Let me know and I try to register today!

hcr25
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 08:40 AM
A thing or two to keep in mind when doing track days.

#1 Track days should always be safe (Chicane does a very, very good job at this.

#2 Track days should always be fun.

#3 Beyond having fun, track time should be a learning experience. This is true if you are a first time track rider or experienced racer. Utilize your track time to increase your skill level. When you get to the track have something already in mind that you want to work on. Like body position, braking, throttle control ect (about:blank#)...

#4 Draw a track map and make notes on it. This is a easy way to remember lines, reference points, brake markers. There is a lot going on in our minds when we are riding. Write it down! Think about it before you do it.

#5 Ride within your limits. We all usually think we are right up to the point when someone passes us. Remember it is a track day not a race. There will always be someone faster.

Mike

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:05 AM
Hey all. Never done a track day in Co. Always been in Cali. Do they run different groups out here i.e. beginner, novice, advanced or is it a free for all? Wanting to go the 13th but haven't really ridden (other than commuting) the past couple years. Want to go back to the basics the next couple track days.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:07 AM
I totally agree. It should be nothing but fun and there will always be someone faster that day. Always better to be slower and ride another day than to never ride again because you acted stupid.

Zach929rr
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:09 AM
Riders are seperated into beginner+intermediate and Advanced or 3 different groups depending on attendance.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:13 AM
Cool thanks. I was reading on their website about taping the lights etc. Looks like mirrors have to be taken off for the intermeditate and advanced. With the GSX-r's do they still require that or are they ok with the mirrors being pulled up and taped? Don't really want to mess with the wires if I dont have to.

Zach929rr
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:50 AM
Pulled forward and taped are Ok for beginner I think... might want to double check with Scott (Rybo) on that matter. Taping lights is easy. Just make sure you unplug them too :)

Biggest thing (from experience :)) is to check the ego at the door and learn.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:53 AM
Yeah I hear that. I did a couple track days in cali. But it was back in 06-07 so it will be like learning to ride a bike all over again. EGO will be left at the gate for sure. Had a friend that forgot to unplug his lights. Total mess.

Zach929rr
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 12:28 PM
Good deal. There will be a few of us pitted next to each other in a row out there that day. You'd be more than welcome to set up shop in "Pit Row" :)

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 12:37 PM
Whats the cost of "pit crew" memebers? Will have to bring the wife and a couple other riders that want to watch.

Zach929rr
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 12:39 PM
Nada. You pay to ride :)

Zach929rr
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
It's either 2 groups @ 30min or 3 @ 20min. Attendance dictates the number of groups, as per my previous post.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Thats the best price of all itsn't it? Thanks for the info.

Stank Juic3
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 12:45 PM
Biggest thing (from experience :)) is to check the ego at the door and learn.

Lol I think that my biggest problem "Im a cocky asshole"...Well that was Jen says.:)

McVaaahhh
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 12:46 PM
socal - did you check the chicane website for requirements? You'll also need to replace your coolant with water and meet some minimum maintenance and gear requirements.

See you all out there. :up:

64BonnieLass
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 01:03 PM
Zach, thank you so much for your offer of the trailer. I will take it and do a pit row with you guys. It should be a great day for all of us.

As the day get's closer, we can touch base and I'll be happy to do lunches for us if there isn't anything else - or even if there is. :)

Mike, I loved your post. See you all again soon.

Sean
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 01:08 PM
On September 13th Boulder Motorsports, one of the nation's premier Ducati tuning and performance shops, will be providing lunch free of charge to all participants!

I'll be happy to do lunches for us if there isn't anything else - or even if there is. :)FYI :up:

OUTLAWD
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 01:09 PM
I might have room for another, if anyone else is hailing from the great north...

and the only reason I would pit next to zach would be to give him shit..and steal his shade

64BonnieLass
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 01:15 PM
I might have room for another, if anyone else is hailing from the great north...

and the only reason I would pit next to zach would be to give him shit..and steal his shade

And help me with my stand?! :oops:

Thanks Sean, I missed it earlier.

Zach929rr
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 01:25 PM
Lol I think that my biggest problem "Im a cocky asshole"...Well that was Jen says.:)

Hahaha! I get that from my girl all the time. Bitches...

Zach, thank you so much for your offer of the trailer. I will take it and do a pit row with you guys. It should be a great day for all of us.

As the day get's closer, we can touch base and I'll be happy to do lunches for us if there isn't anything else - or even if there is. :)

Sounds good. Well be picking up Brian (Hackjob) somewhere up north as well, so hopefully you won't mind some sandwhich action (as he put it) on the trailer. Despite what Sean said, you should just go ahead and make some sammiches :lol: On a serious note, plan on brining your EZ upper too. Daddy likes shade 8)

One of these days I'm just going to kick your bike over.

OUTLAWD
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 01:27 PM
And help me with my stand?! :oops:

Thanks Sean, I missed it earlier.

I don't know...that front stand takes a bit of gumption...I might have to start working out

as a side note...will someone/anyone have a transmitter for an XT timer there? in case I buy/borrow a timer

64BonnieLass
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 01:32 PM
Awesome, I will bring 2 lawn chairs, a cooler full of water/gatorade and some snacks for the crew. I'm very excited about this. It's going to be a rockin great day with some great people. :)

Zach you are the one with the EZ upper...The hot sun shall melt me othawise.

But yes, anyone who own's one, needs to bring it. That sun can zap your energy quickly. Please protect yourselves and bring shade if you have it available to you. I may be able to get an extra one for us, if I ask nicely.

Dave, get your guns on sweetie. LOL. You are just awesome.

Anyone in our pit row have a generator I hope?!

Zach929rr
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 01:33 PM
I just realized this is ~1wk away. Booyaka.

675Rider
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 07:01 PM
Are there any issues camping outside the gate?

Valguard
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 07:59 PM
Woo hoo! Ill be there riding in the "never ever" group. Does anyone still have an extra trailer spot? I could meet ya somewhere. I live in the Tech area and I'm willing to leave whenever.

Zach929rr
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:30 PM
I don't have an extra trailer spot, but I can help shoo off the high-side goblins :)

Valguard
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:51 PM
I don't have an extra trailer spot, but I can help shoo off the high-side goblins :)

Ha-ha! Sounds good to me. I don't think I could afford to go down again. Rule #1 is going to be in the front of my mind. My wife and wallet will help remind me.

OUTLAWD
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:54 PM
Woo hoo! Ill be there riding in the "never ever" group. Does anyone still have an extra trailer spot? I could meet ya somewhere. I live in the Tech area and I'm willing to leave whenever.

i might have room....I am borrowing an open trailer that I haven't seen before, so I won't know for sure til I get my shit loaded...but we should be able to squeeze 3

TheStig
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Anyone have an extra suit I can borrow? I have enough $$$ to do the track day but not to buy a suit also :(.

Zach929rr
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:24 AM
i might have room....I am borrowing an open trailer that I haven't seen before, so I won't know for sure til I get my shit loaded...but we should be able to squeeze 3

If I can squeeze 3 on DK's trailer, then you can get 3 on Cowboys, eassssy.

Anyone have an extra suit I can borrow? I have enough $$$ to do the track day but not to buy a suit also :(.

Ask Scott. I recall him having a few loaner suits.

TheStig
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:39 AM
If I remember Scott is quite a bit smaller than me haha.

OUTLAWD
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 10:07 AM
If I can squeeze 3 on DK's trailer, then you can get 3 on Cowboys, eassssy.

Ask Scott. I recall him having a few loaner suits.

can I borrow some KY big guy... I might need it for the bikes, and stig might need it for the suit

Filo
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I signed up.

Are we allowed to camp?

OUTLAWD
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I signed up.

Are we allowed to camp?

No camping...

see you there mang!

Filo
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 04:37 PM
I can't even stay in my RV?

N1KSS1KS1x
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:45 PM
There a motel rt off the highway or I saw a rv site with campground and cabins not to far from 36 on 70

Valguard
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 12:11 AM

Sweet. Well, just let me know.

peromoto
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I'll be there is you do another wheelie on your pit bike...

eklew
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 11:59 PM
I signed up.

Are we allowed to camp?

Oh great, the resident virus is going to be there!!! Glad you will make it out Adam.

krod
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Looks like I will be out there. Decided not to run the Junction race.

Sean
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Bump!

The trackday is this weekend!

The weather is a little far out yet, but so far it says sunny and 70's. Not to bad for a trackday if you ask me! See you out there!

Snowman
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Yes, Yes, Yes...
I'm in.

Samson
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Is it too late to do the "never have i ever" deal?

racedk6
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 12:23 AM

yes too late

Samson
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 12:25 AM
FML

dragos13
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Its gonna be a great day to get out and ride. Weather is looking PERFECT so sign up now if you haven't already. Spots are filling up fast!!!

rforsythe
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 08:17 AM
FML

You can still sign up to ride, take advantage of the instruction etc, you just missed the Never Ever discount on this one. FTW! Come out and play!

nattynoo
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I cannot flippin' wait to ride this track again...

cdbouncer
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Yep - but you can sign up anyway and take advantage Chicane's awesome instructors!

:cry: Ralph beat me to it..oh well - I second his motion!

mtnairlover
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Would love to come and play with y'all. I gots me a lot longer ride to do this weekend, though. Perhaps another time. I do love the helpful instruction, so I will be looking for another one of these in the future.

Samson
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 12:59 PM
You can still sign up to ride, take advantage of the instruction etc, you just missed the Never Ever discount on this one. FTW! Come out and play!

That discount is what was going to make it possible for this poor college student to be able to make it out there. Now it probably won't be happening.

racedk6
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 01:11 PM
That discount is what was going to make it possible for this poor college student to be able to make it out there. Now it probably won't be happening.

find $125 do a half day like me cause there wont be that many more prime times to go ride for the rest of the year

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Colfax.. money problem solved :puke:

asp_125
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 02:31 PM
If I hadn't already planned another trip this weekend. Any idea if there will be more Chicane days at HPR over the winter?

Zach929rr
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 02:39 PM
If I hadn't already planned another trip this weekend. Any idea if there will be more Chicane days at HPR over the winter?

I recall Scott mentioning the possibility of 1 or 2 more days pending seasonal weather and availability.

Graphite675
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Signed up and ready to go! :hump:

OUTLAWD
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 11:51 AM
^ +1!

If someone wanted to go for a 2 up ride on their own bike I'd be happy to pilot it for them. I did this with a participant at my last trackday and it worked really well.

Maybe I'll bring the pillion pegs and seat for the gixxer, as ghey as it sounds, it might be able to get me over this whole thing where I ride like a bitch on the track

although I'll have to find a way for my thong to hang out of my pants if I'm on the back

Hack Job
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 12:00 PM
^ +1!

Maybe I'll bring the pillion pegs and seat for the gixxer, as ghey as it sounds, it might be able to get me over this whole thing where I ride like a bitch on the track

although I'll have to find a way for my thong to hang out of my pants if I'm on the back

wear it outside the leathers, duh! :lol: As a bonus you can pretend your superwoman

Sean
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 12:01 PM

although I'll have to find a way for my thong to hang out of my pants if I'm on the backThere were a lot of riders (and racers) who did this at Miller. I'm regretting not doing it myself. It doesn't seem like a passenger slows him down at all.

kawasakirob
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 12:02 PM
I thought this date was originally cars and bikes.

dragos13
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 12:10 PM

Chicane days are bikes only :hump:

rforsythe
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 12:29 PM

You're getting this confused with either the 9/11 track day at Pueblo, or the HPR test and tune stuff which is cars/bikes and just a show up and ride thing at the track.

kawasakirob
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Wierd yeah, must have looked at the wrong date earlier on the HPR event schedule for this weekand.

co750
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Man, I really want to go to this Sunday. I'm going to have to find a way to make it work.

kawasakirob
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 05:46 PM
There a motel rt off the highway or I saw a rv site with campground and cabins not to far from 36 on 70

53 bucks for a two bed, good breakfast right next door. See you there.

Graphite675
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Anyone bringing a lap beacon with them?

Sean
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Okay. I've got some new tires (thanks Dirk, you're the best!), checked the fluids, clean/lube the chain, polished my Chicane #1 sticker and even touched up my numbers with a little extra electrical tape (who puts two diget numbers on yellow plates?). And for those of you that are curious, yes, I even washed all of the mud off of the bike from the last time. :doublefinger:

Now will Sunday get here already!

Zach929rr
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I thought you weren't coming qtpi?

Sean
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 08:52 AM
You thought wrong. :D

peteremsley
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I'm sure its posted somewhere, but I can't find it... what time do things kick off on sunday morning?

Sean
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Peter, I would assume it is the same as the last on. :dunno:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=494035&postcount=111

Schedule for the day:

7:00 Gate opens
7:30 Registration and Tech Open
8:30 All rider meeting
9:00 Track hot (advanced)
9:20 Intermediate
9:40 Beginner and Classes

Continues with Advanced at the top of the hour, intermediate in the middle and beginner at the bottom until lunch

12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
12:40 - Riders meeting

1:00 Track Hot (advanced)
1:20 Intermediate
1:40 Beginner

Continues until 5:00 when the track goes cold for the evening.

The MRA school will kick off immediately after the morning riders meeting

The NEVER EVER and Intro course will meet at the rider coaches pit area (next to registration and tech) immediately following the morning riders meeting.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing you there!

Scott

dirkterrell
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Okay. I've got some new tires (thanks Dirk, you're the best!),

:up: Have fun out there.

Dirk

Stank Juic3
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Get my tires tomorrow. I should go ahead and drian my coolant today.

OUTLAWD
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Get my tires tomorrow. I should go ahead and drian my coolant today.

that would probably be a good idea...

Sortarican
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Can't make this after all.:(
You guys and gals be safe out there and have fun.

TheStig
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Is anyone riding out there? I am not partaking this round but I want to go watch. If anyone is riding out there let me know, I'd like to meet up and follow out there!

ScottieFlan
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Hey, I'll be riding out. My dad lives in Commerce City (AKA Reunion), so I'm going to spend the night there then ride out in the morning. I think he's going to follow along just to check it out since I've never been to a track day before.

ScottieFlan
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Does anyone have an extra back protector I could borrow for the 13th? I underestimated the cost of getting started with all the gear and what not. I know I have to have one, but since I probably won't do anymore official track days until next spring, I'd prefer to put that purchase off for 6 months. I'm also looking for boots if anyone wants to sell a used pair (sz 12 shoes), or if anyone knows of a killer deal.

ScottieFlan
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Nevermind. Got the forcefield from Dave at 303 and a pair of demo boots for $100 at grand prix. Very nice. Thanks guys!

rybo
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Peter, I would assume it is the same as the last on. :dunno:
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=494035&postcount=111

Thanks Sean,

I was just getting ready to post this up!

A couple of edits:

There is no MRA school at this event, but the intro course and the first private lesson should be ready to go immediately following the riders meeting.

Boulder Motorsports is providing lunch for all participants and workers at this event! From 12:00-1:00 at the BMS pit area, which will be located near registration.

We are moving registration to the space just behind the raceday office at trackside. Registration, Tech and the rider coach area will all be located in that area.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Scott

Schedule for 9/13

7:00- Gate Opens
7:30 -Registration and Tech Open
8:30 - All riders meeting
9:00 - Track hot

For the entire day:

Top of the hour - Advanced
:00-:20

Middle of the hour - Intermediate
:20-:40

Bottom of the hour - Beginner / Class
:40-:00

There will be a 1 hour lunch break from 12:00-1:00
Boulder Motorsports will be providing lunch for all participants and staff

Track will go cold at 5:00 PM

Zach929rr
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 06:40 PM
We are moving registration to the space just behind the raceday office at trackside. Registration, Tech and the rider coach area will all be located in that area.

Could somebody point this out to us HPR virgins on the HPR map?

longrider
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Here you go:

Zach929rr
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Thank you sir

Valguard
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 07:19 PM
So, I didn't have time today to put on my new tires nor change the radiator fluid or even cover the lights and what not. So, I'm thinking that I might just have to miss tomorrow. Anyone know if I can get credit for the next one or am I just SOL for the money I paid? This really sucks, but sometimes life just throws stuff at yeah that you can't avoid.

OUTLAWD
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 07:22 PM
So, I didn't have time today to put on my new tires nor change the radiator fluid or even cover the lights and what not. So, I'm thinking that I might just have to miss tomorrow. Anyone know if I can get credit for the next one or am I just SOL for the money I paid? This really sucks, but sometimes life just throws stuff at yeah that you can't avoid.

pull an all nighter getting it ready, get tires tomorrow at the track, problem solved

Zach929rr
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Vanmar can do tires. I can help you do fluid. Lights take a minute.

ScottieFlan
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Vanmar can do tires. I can help you do fluid. Lights take a minute.

What's the best tape to use for lights? I've never been to a track, and I don't have a trailer, so I'm going to ride to the track and then do the lights. Anyone have some time to give me a hand? And will there be tape to use there, or should I grab some on the way?

Zach929rr
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Painters tape. Remember to unplug lights too :)

I'll have some painters tape. I'll be in the red Navigator close to registration (hopefully). Come over and holler at me. I'll PM my number too.

tvnorm
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Any Ideas on pricing for tires, and what will be available?
If I may need tires should I have worked this out in advance or am I SOL?

Zach929rr
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I know Scott sells some sets on the site. Might be able to catch him tonight. IIR, Vanmar has some sets too.

ScottieFlan
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Another quick question... Gasoline... Do I fill her up in Byers or half fill or what? Does it matter? Thanks!

Zach929rr
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I didn't use a full tank my first 2 track days. Only got down to the reserve light on the last one.

If you top up in Byers you will be fine.

ScottieFlan
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 11:34 PM
ok cool thanks again haha

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 11:35 PM
Can we bring dogs to this track? I know you can at some tracks but I didn't know about this one.

rybo
Sun Sep 13th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Can we bring dogs to this track? I know you can at some tracks but I didn't know about this one.

Dogs are OK, but must be on a leash or in a pen at all times. Also, please pick up after your dog when the inevitable happens!

Thanks for asking!

Another quick question... Gasoline... Do I fill her up in Byers or half fill or what? Does it matter? Thanks!

Fill 'er up. Your bike gets way WORSE gas mileage at the track than it does on the street. If you can bring extra fuel that is better yet.

Any Ideas on pricing for tires, and what will be available?
If I may need tires should I have worked this out in advance or am I SOL?

Vanmar will be there with tires, but will only mount them off the bike, so make sure you bring the tools and stands that you need to get your wheels off. Pricing varies, but they usually have a good variety. Plan on around $350 for a set of trackday tires (2ct) or $400 for full race tires (Power 1)

The tires I sell on my site are tires from Vanmar racing.

What's the best tape to use for lights? I've never been to a track, and I don't have a trailer, so I'm going to ride to the track and then do the lights. Anyone have some time to give me a hand? And will there be tape to use there, or should I grab some on the way?

Looks like this one has been covered, but yes, blue painters tape is a good pick. Many people have some with them, if you can't find any let me know. Also, Zach covered this, unplug the lights before you tape over them.

David, I sent you a PM regarding this.

Scott

Filo
Sun Sep 13th, 2009, 04:35 AM
For some reason I am awake and packing... see you folks there.

OUTLAWD
Sun Sep 13th, 2009, 04:52 AM
For some reason I am awake and packing... see you folks there.

I'll race ya down there

SaShWhO
Sun Sep 13th, 2009, 05:09 AM
I'll get in on that race.
See you guys and gals in my corner:hump:

JPrider
Sun Sep 13th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Had a blast today...thanks Scott and thanks to all the corner workers.

Filo
Sun Sep 13th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Wow, was I rusty. Had fun. Thanks Scott & crew for putting it on. Thanks to Yusuke for the bike.

sloridr
Sun Sep 13th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Painters tape. Remember to unplug lights too :)

or just BREAK then off all together...

I got vid for you too!

Zach929rr
Sun Sep 13th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Wow that was a good day out there. Managed to reel in a 2:17. Definitely stoked. Thanks to BMS for the free swag and lunch, and of course to the corner peeps. Got some good video out there today. Hopefully I'll have a chance to upload it soon.

Yes, I fucking know I ran out of gas. Yes, the bike runs better with gas. Yes, there is gas in it.

sloridr
Sun Sep 13th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks to all the riders for riding there ass' off and not making the Medics or corner workers have to work hard. I have a hand full of pics i'll post up in the morning.

64BonnieLass
Sun Sep 13th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Thank you so very much for another great day. To everyone. Scott rocks these track days. Class act all the way from beginning to end. I just can't say that enough.

And Boulder Motor Sports really put on a great spread for both morning coffee and pastries, as well as, lunch. Just awesome.

I'm a very tired kiddo, and that's a great thing.

What a wonderful day.

OUTLAWD
Sun Sep 13th, 2009, 10:05 PM
a big thanks to scott, all the corner peoples, BMS and TAW for the free shiz and food and all the riders that made it an awesome day. i'd also like to thank the few MRA guys who helped out my pathetic lines...I know lap times don't really matter at this stage of the game, but I was clicking off consistent 2:20's at the end of the day with a tired body and a slew of stupid mistakes. Its amazing that taking the right line almost makes navigating the track effortless...

Now I just have to start putting it all together...and chase down my roomate who was clicking off 2:12's his first time out...

Stank Juic3
Sun Sep 13th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Good times! Except for the whole key situation.

Stank Juic3
Sun Sep 13th, 2009, 10:13 PM
had a good tyme corner working hope to ride with all you next yr at the track!!!...Official*Rid3r*

OUTLAWD
Sun Sep 13th, 2009, 10:13 PM

:banghead:

Zach929rr
Sun Sep 13th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Now I just have to start putting it all together...and chase down my roomate who was clicking off 2:12's his first time out...

Yeah I forgot his name, but that fellow is pretty quick... even for the first time I met him out at IMI. Good to hear he was turning some good times.

Sean
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Good times. :cheers:
Thanks to the corner workers, Scott, Ralph and the EMT's (whom I luckily never got the chance to meet). That track is a lot more fun when you don't crash in the morning. :up: Although I guess I have personal fondness for the mud there. :banghead:

Yes, I fucking know I ran out of gas. Yes, the bike runs better with gas. Yes, there is gas in it.:lol: You still owe me $50 for the brake fluid. :guns:

ghostrider_9
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Thanks to Scott, Ralph, the corner workers, Boulder Motor Sports, and everyone else who had a handle in putting this together. I truly appreciate that you letting me spend my birthday with you guys out there. I had an incredible day, that I will not soon forget.

Hack Job
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 08:20 AM

You owe me a beer at the next hooters meet for fishing those out! :drink:lol

Thanks to everyone that made the day happen. I had a great time and as always good people to BS with. HPR is freakin awesome :hump:. Someone tell the wind to stay home next time though!

I think I'm getting hooked on this track stuff :yes:

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 08:28 AM
:lol: You still owe me $50 for the brake fluid. :guns:

You know I'm good for it baby.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Glad everyone had a good time. Sorry I couldn't make it out there. I woke up that morning with a migrane and blurry vision. It wasn't worth the risk of going. Hopefully there will be at least one more track day this year so I can get in on it since the bike is now track ready.

dragos13
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Another great trackday. Thanks to Scott, Boulder Motorsports, corner workers, emergency crew and HPR :)

sloridr
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 09:28 AM
All from turn 5.

McVaaahhh
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Great times. Thanks Scott and Boulder Motor Sports! :up:

Kitten
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 09:52 AM
We all had a great time. Scott really knows how to run a track day, that's for sure. My fingers are crossed that there will be at least one more!

rybo
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Thank you to everyone who came to ride.
Thank you to everyone who came and worked - these events are not possible without you.

Thanks to HPR for providing the cleanest track I've ever seen. The place was amazing and it keeps getting better.

Thanks to Zach for providing me the laugh of the day.

Thanks to the many riders who followed Rule #1

This has been a building year for Chicane and I can't wait to do it again next year.

Scott

p.s. Did anyone get photos of the squid cruising around the track on the 4 wheeler, with the trailer attached?

hcr25
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 10:04 AM
That was one of the best track days I have ever had! The track was the cleanest I have seen it this year and we had no real major incidents. I also want to thank Scott for letting me help as a instructor. It was my first time helping as a Chicane coach. My three new track day students did awesome! Nikol, Jeff and Clark all listened and applied what I showing them and made great progress by the end of the day.

The number I heard was more then any previous Chicane day! It kicks Ass that Chicane days are growing.

Mike

OUTLAWD
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 10:50 AM
posted some snapshots here (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?p=508631&posted=1#post508631)

kawasakirob
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 11:25 AM
It was a fun day and definetely glad the weather cooperated nicely. It was also good times meeting and riding with some of you. Zach, thanks for the video session. When scott gets his hand on a computer, he'll email you.

crazitat
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 11:34 AM
+1, just wanted to say thank's to Scott, BMS, and Instructors. I had an awesome time for my first trackday and will definitly won't be the last... Instructor's were very helpful. Much thanks, to Casey for having me chase him on the track.

64BonnieLass
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Mike, you and Casey and Jim are three of my very favorite rider coaches/instructers. You guys are just amazing out there for everyone involved, not just your students. You guys care about everyone and you help everywhere you can. It's really pretty cool to see. :)

Snowman
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 11:55 AM
You guys are putting on a first class show…

And thanks for finding my missing nut. It’s never a good idea to go out on a track without all your nuts attached.

ghostrider_9
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 12:22 PM
You guys are putting on a first class show…

And thanks for finding my missing nut. It’s never a good idea to go out on a track without all your nuts attached.

At least you found them in your unders . . .

hcr25
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Mike, you and Casey and Jim are three of my very favorite rider coaches/instructers. You guys are just amazing out there for everyone involved, not just your students. You guys care about everyone and you help everywhere you can. It's really pretty cool to see. :)

Thank you! Sorry I didnt get a chance to ride with you. After our morning class I had a waiting list for people wanting help. I coached in all three groups until the last session of the day. It was fun seeing the improvement everyone made.

When i first started racing a couple of racers helped me a bunch. I might not even be racing now without their help back then. It is nice to be abe to give back and help if I can.
Mike

eklew
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 12:38 PM
That was one of the best track days I have ever had! The track was the cleanest I have seen it this year and we had no real major incidents. I also want to thank Scott for letting me help as a instructor. It was my first time helping as a Chicane coach. My three new track day students did awesome! Nikol, Jeff and Clark all listened and applied what I showing them and made great progress by the end of the day.

The number I heard was more then any previous Chicane day! It kicks Ass that Chicane days are growing.

Mike

Mike, it was great to have you out there too!!! You looked good in your vest as well, haha!!!!! Let's go bowling.

rforsythe
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Glad everyone had a good time! Thanks to those who didn't make me come get you, and I'm glad the couple that did aren't hurt (bikes looked pretty good too). Also thanks to our few off-roaders who mudded up the bikes, and remembered Rule #2, thus saving us a lot of cleanup work.

Stank Juic3
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 01:39 PM
You owe me a beer at the next hooters meet for fishing those out! :drink:lol

I think I can make that happen. Thanks again for saving my trackday or jens window.

Sean
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Also thanks to our few off-roaders who mudded up the bikes, and remembered Rule #2, thus saving us a lot of cleanup work.I'm always trying to please you, buddy! :up:

64BonnieLass
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Thank you! Sorry I didnt get a chance to ride with you. After our morning class I had a waiting list for people wanting help. I coached in all three groups until the last session of the day. It was fun seeing the improvement everyone made.

When i first started racing a couple of racers helped me a bunch. I might not even be racing now without their help back then. It is nice to be abe to give back and help if I can.
Mike

I had plenty of help and personal implementation to work on. I hope I have helped others in small bits as well. And you do help me, even if you don't know I'm secretly stalking you.

Remember how cold and nervous I was in April? You still took care of me with patience and good advice.

Now, every time I see a green vest tap dat...bike tail, I just grin. You guys are doing a phenomenal job. And all of you were smokin busy yesterday. And still smiling which was the best part.

Paying it forward is always the best feeling. I can only imagine. :)

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I'm always trying to please you, buddy! :up:

Did you go muddin?

Sean
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Did you go muddin?Just trying some "non-traditional" lines in t.6. :banghead:

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 02:29 PM
You weren't the guy that lowsided in 6, were you? Or were you the one during the first session or two just chillen off to the left?

Sean
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Or were you the one during the first session or two just chillen off to the left?:up: All I needed was 2 more inches of freakin track, is that to much to ask for? :scream1:

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Impressive that you even carried enough speed to run wide. :lol:

Sean
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Impressive that you even carried enough speed to run wide. :lol:Actually, later in the day I think I realized that I was looking in the wrong place. I don't know if it's really target fixation, but I just wasn't looking down the track far enough. I don't really think speed had anything to do with it.

OUTLAWD
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Impressive that you even carried enough speed to run wide. :lol:

now Zach, didn't your mother ever tell you that if you can't say something nice...

...say something funny and true

I'm in the same boat as you Sean, it will be interesting to see how we square up as we each progress and grow a pair...as our weaknesses are quite similar

Sean
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I'm in the same boat as you Sean, it will be interesting to see how we square up as we each progress and grow a pair...as our weaknesses are quite similarYou have a weakness for puppy dogs and rainbows as well?

The Dueling Doctor's? Engineering vs. Musicology :guns:

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I thought it was Underwater Basket Weaving?

Sean
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I thought it was Underwater Basket Weaving?They were to smart for me, I had to switch. It's really hard to hold your breath for that long and I just don't have a use for all of those baskets.

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 05:03 PM
You could probably turn a cool profit selling them to grandma with some Octoberish adornments...

http://basketbeginning.com/images/Oct%20Basket1.jpg

Stank Juic3
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Man I have muscles in my legs that are sore that I didn't even know I had. The R1 performed like a champ. I think it was the pink mohawk that let me shine.

sloridr
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Man I have muscles in my legs that are sore that I didn't even know I had. The R1 performed like a champ. I think it was the pink mohawk that let me shine.

I tholught you were fast with it on than without...

Stank Juic3
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Extra 10hp.

sloridr
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 05:15 PM
:rock:

Snowman
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 06:05 PM
You could probably turn a cool profit selling them to grandma with some Octoberish adornments...

Just wodering if you were going to post your video someplace?

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Was just about to pull the laptop out and see where I was. Youtube has a 10min limit and vimeo will only do 300mb or something, so I might have to chop em up into separate videos. I'll be doing that tonight.

Thanks for the timer btw. Lemme know if you ever want it back.

Kitten
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Hey zach did you get some good footage of you on the trailer?

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 06:37 PM
1) Fuck you

2) I shut the camera off after sitting in front of the ambulance for 4 minutes.

3) Fuck you

:)

Redflash3
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Thanks Scott for another Chicane day regardless of how brief it was for me. My bad for breaking rule #1 in the morning. Thanks for the after crash pep talk.

kawasakirob
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 07:55 PM
At least you wiped out on the track than on the street. Whole point of having a trackday. It was a big mess though:)

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Chopping the vids up now for youtubage.

Edit: Can't upload right now. Jewtube maintenance : /

rforsythe
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 08:27 PM
2) I shut the camera off after sitting in front of the ambulance for 4 minutes.

That musta been some riveting footage...

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 08:28 PM
There were a few dramatic looks from the ambulance guy, definitely Oscar worthy.

64BonnieLass
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 08:31 PM
K, I just tuned in. Zach, don't be all "fuck you"ing my people when you don't even know what gas is! See what I'm sayin?

Just because you suck, isn't OUR problem.

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Oh, I know what gas is. Had some potstickers from Noodles & Co. after I got done dropping you off :)

64BonnieLass
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Nice!!

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Don't be mean to me just because intermediate was too much, honeybuns.

64BonnieLass
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Baby, I'm a smart girl. The beginner group is actually faster then intermediate.

Noobs have bigger and more confindent penis's....we don't crash as much. Laps, laps, laps. :doublefinger:

OUTLAWD
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Chopping the vids up now for youtubage.

Edit: Can't upload right now. Jewtube maintenance : /

This camera is more of a PITA than its worth...haha...I'm loading some up now and will provide links shortly...

sorry randall, I couldn't stay behind you long enough to get any footage :turtle:

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Noobs have bigger and more confindent penis's....we don't crash as much. Laps, laps, laps. :doublefinger:

So, you're saying you have a peen n balls? The suspected is confirmed.

sorry randall, I couldn't stay behind you long enough to get any footage :turtle:

Yeah Randall is a hard one to catch. I felt bad getting him on the straight and parking it in the corners :(

Nick_Ninja
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 09:07 PM
"You only win races in the corners." ---- Geoff Cesmatt

Gainer
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks to Ralph, Sunday was my first experience with a Chicane track day and I had a blast!!! even though I never hit the track. For those of you that don't know me, I was the guy at the front gate asking for autographs. I had a great view of turn 2 and it’s amazing what you can pick up just from watching everyone all day long. One thing in particular was a body-positioning maneuver that I saw one of the coaches using during a beginner group session. I was really excited to try it myself, so I hit the canyons today after getting out of work early. All I can say is...WOW!!! I made more progress in 3 hours than I have all season and I have been riding for a long time. Scott and the rest of his Chicane crew definitely put on a class act event. I am looking forward to getting the opportunity to work another one and hopefully become a participant next season. If you are really interested in being a better rider, you need to check these guys out.

Gainer
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 09:56 PM
If "Geoff Cesmatt" was a church, Nick_Ninja would be its Pastor.

rybo
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 10:07 PM
If "Geoff Cesmatt" was a church, Nick_Ninja would be its Pastor.

So the big question is, who here knows who Geoff Cesmatt is?...because if you do, then while he may not be a church, he knows the bible of racing inside and out.

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Does Cesmat still do world supermoto?

Snowman
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Yeah Randall is a hard one to catch. I felt bad getting him on the straight and parking it in the corners :(
I seriously doubt that. I’m betting you had a grin as wide as your helmet going by me at those speeds. :)

Filo
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 10:38 PM
So the big question is, who here knows who Geoff Cesmatt is?...because if you do, then while he may not be a church, he knows the bible of racing inside and out.

I know Geoff. Kinda funny to see how other people think of him. I was just about to send him my sumo motor to put back together...

Gainer
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 10:46 PM

I have never met him, but through many strories I have heard he seems to be an "icon" in these parts. Tough talk from a 4-wheeler, trailer dragging, squid that promotes "safety". LOL

Bueller
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 05:31 AM
I know Geoff, I have seen his backside many times

rybo
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Tough talk from a 4-wheeler, trailer dragging, squid that promotes "safety". LOL

That's right...even had my ballcap on backwards.

OUTLAWD
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 10:16 AM
That's right...even had my ballcap on backwards.

must have been a suzuki quad...:squid:

kawasakirob
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 12:03 PM

:(

nattynoo
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Sorry I had to miss this day :cry:

Sounds like everyone had a blast...but I guess missing only one track day for the ENTIRE season isn't too bad now is it?!

Plus I have to save my $$$ for a trip to the Bahamas this next week :devious:

voncon
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I made the trip up from Albuquerque to check it out --- great time. Article posted here.

http://www.vonconcepts.com/wordpress/?p=414

Thanks to all the folks I met in the pit and made me feel welcome. I joke and sometimes say that moving to Albuquerque was like putting myself in exile --- sometimes I have to get out of the sandtrap and make sure I can still ride. :)

Kurt
SMRI#316

kawasakirob
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Kurt, good article man. Glad to have met you.

eklew
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Glad to ride with you at Pueblo and HPR!!! We will see eachother again soon!!!

ScottieFlan
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I'm a little late posting here because today was career fair at school and I have been busy as hell getting my resume and my act together to get a job. Anyway, it was my first track day and I had an incredible time. I have been riding a little over three years, and I learned more on Sunday than I have over the past three years combined. In fact, today some guy in a Tahoe locked his brakes up when I was right behind him, and I had no problem stopping in time. A week ago, I probably would have went off the road to avoid him or skidded my back tire and went straight into his trailer hitch because I was always afraid to brake too hard. Well, the instructors were awesome, everyone there was awesome, and it's killing me that I'm not on the track right now. Thanks again Scott for setting these days up, and I can't wait to see everyone out there again!

Hi11Zone
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 07:48 PM
im in for next 1