PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have to file a claim with UPS

McVaaahhh
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 03:00 PM
I sold a wheel on ebay and the guy just emailed me and it appears it was damaged in shipping via UPS.

I've never had to file a claim with them before, any advice?

XJ600s
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 03:14 PM
There's an online form to fill out, the seller is the one that is responsible. I received a damaged motorcycle wheel a long time ago, had to replace the rotors and the speedometer cable drive unit on my own dollar because the seller never got back to UPS to get the claim going. Needless to say, I was quite pissed that UPS would let me give them the information about the wheel since the seller wouldn't talk to them for me. So, I got screwed over by UPS and the seller because the UPS claims system is a PITA to deal with

Shea
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 03:30 PM
I sold a wheel on ebay and the guy just emailed me and it appears it was damaged in shipping via UPS.

I've never had to file a claim with them before, any advice?

Just beat the money out of Timmay...then he can file a workman's comp claim.

McVaaahhh
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 03:31 PM
Yeah, it is a pain. I was trying to get a claim going, but it want an account number, and I don't have one. :down:

TFOGGuys
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 04:22 PM
Yeah, it is a pain. I was trying to get a claim going, but it want an account number, and I don't have one. :down:

Did you ship through the UPS store or some 3rd party? They would have to initiate the claim. Make sure you get pics of the damage AND the packaging. BTW, in the future, you can ship through me for my actual cost plus a small fee, which ends up being WAY cheaper than the UPS store, as they charge full Reference rates plus a service charge.

McVaaahhh
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 04:40 PM
Did you ship through the UPS store or some 3rd party? They would have to initiate the claim. Make sure you get pics of the damage AND the packaging. BTW, in the future, you can ship through me for my actual cost plus a small fee, which ends up being WAY cheaper than the UPS store, as they charge full Reference rates plus a service charge.

I just create a UPS label through paypal and then drop it off at my office.

dchd1130
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 04:45 PM
Good luck, its hard to get it covered. They tend to want to blame it on packaging, and its hard to prove it was there fault.

brennahm
Tue Sep 1st, 2009, 05:44 PM
Just stay on them, I've had to do it a couple times at my last job for sci equipment. Definitely a pain...be even more of a pain in the ass and it'll eventually get done.