PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart noise and child disobedience enforcer.

Tylar
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 09:39 AM
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/20684677/detail.html

I couldn't find the previous WalMart thread, so here goes.

Zach929rr
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 09:42 AM
See, I told you I would shut her up.

lololololololololololol

sloridr
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 09:45 AM
Noone has the right to touch someone elses child!!! It doesn't matter how loud or irritating they are Period! None of us like to hear a screaming child, be it annoying or you feel sorry for the child. But you can't do what he did.

rforsythe
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 09:45 AM
That guy's pic should be Bueller's new avatar.

TFOGGuys
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 09:49 AM
http://www.captainsquid.com/go/duct_tape.jpg

Keepitgreen
The old geezer was charged with "cruelty to children"..
I done heard it all now!
That's what's wrong with today's society.. No one takes responsibility for there own heathen spawn, no matter how young they are.

How about charging the mother for some noise pollution or "cruelty to shoppers"..

TFOGGuys

"make it so, #1"

/Picard

Keepitgreen
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 09:50 AM
In all fariness, he did warn the mother..
Now maybe she'll take the hint..

lol

Noone has the right to touch someone elses child!!! It doesn't matter how loud or irritating they are Period! None of us like to hear a screaming child, be it annoying or you feel sorry for the child. But you can't do what he did.

MetaLord 9
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 09:51 AM
The girl...did suffer some redness in the face. She was treated at the scene and released
Sooooo they called an ambulance? I'd have punched the guy and that would've been that. Done. No ambulance.

McVaaahhh
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 09:51 AM
If it was my kid I would've killed the man where he stood.

With that said, many people with children have zero respect for anyone around them and will let their children cry nonstop in movies, restaurants, etc.
One time my wife and I were having dinner and there was a child right next to us that was crying so loudly we couldn't even talk to each other through the whole meal, so I understand that guys frustration, but in no way should he have ever laid a hand on that child. He should've slapped the mother. :lol:

Devaclis
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 09:52 AM
The mom should have been spoken to and asked to take her child outside and quiet her down in a method of HER own choosing. You do not have the right to touch another person child. Unless they touch you. Then the fucking game is on.

MetaLord 9
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 09:52 AM
How about charging the mother for some noise pollution or "cruelty to shoppers"..
Child neglect

Spy007
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 09:53 AM

True...

He should beat the mom's ass instead

Mother Goose
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 10:01 AM
The mom should have done it in the first place. I hate it when parents don't do anything when their kid screams in a public place. If I did that growing up, I would have had a quick back hand.

MetaLord 9
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
^^Yeah, I'd have been dragged out of the store and YELLED at in the parking lot. No matter how loud I was as a child, my parents always had a way of being louder...

#1Townie
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 10:07 AM
fuck that hes my new hero. im sick of people walking around the world like nothing else matters but their shity fucking kid. not all people reaise their kids to be little bitchs but do remember the good old days of "STOP CRYING BEFORE I GIVE YOU SOMTHING TO CRY ABOUT SHIT HEAD!!!"

but nooooooooooo now if a mother or father smakes their kid its on cnn and they are the worst parents ever.. fuck this shit. fuck your kids. if they get out of line and you do nothing about it then things like this are going to happen.

old dude FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keepitgreen
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 10:14 AM
but nooooooooooo now if a mother or father smakes their kid its on cnn and they are the worst parents ever..

!

Hell, my parents must have been the anit christ!

By the time they had me trained, it was a snap of the fingers and a look..
Shit, I was standing at attention and ready to storm any fuckin trench they would have pointed at..

hcr25
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 10:21 AM
Smacking a 2 year old in the face because she is crying is wrong period. If someone else puts a finger on my daughter I will be the one put in jail for sure.

Because our moms and dads spanked, hit or did what ever else to us does not mean we need to do it to our kids to get them to behave. That lady could have left the store, took her kid to the restroom or outside untill she settled down.

mike

TFOGGuys
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 10:25 AM
Back in the dark ages when I was a kid, before all the "think of their self esteem!" feel good bullshit, ANY adult had the OBLIGATION to discipline ANY child when appropriate. More often than not, it was scolding and a stern look, but if the kid was doing something dangerous to their self or another child or animal, a spanking was not out of the question. Now parents either don't flat give a shit if their kids develop any boundaries, or are so afraid of legal repercussions that they won't apply ANY discipline at any time. So their kids fail to develop any moral compass, and a new generation of serial killers is born.

Mother Goose
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 10:26 AM
Because our moms and dads spanked, hit or did what ever else to us does not mean we need to do it to our kids to get them to behave. That lady could have left the store, took her kid to the restroom or outside untill she settled down.

mike
But most people that I've seen at WalMart won't do that. They just ignore the kid and keep shopping. Seen it MANY times. Sometimes you just want to go up to them and ask them to leave.

Devaclis
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 10:28 AM
Embarrass them, in front of the entire store. I will do it again. It works.

hcr25
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 10:33 AM
But most people that I've seen at WalMart won't do that. They just ignore the kid and keep shopping. Seen it MANY times. Sometimes you just want to go up to them and ask them to leave.

Maybe we should go up to them and ask them to leave. Or ask the store manager to ask them to leave. If enough people are pissed about someone with a kid that is being a brat in the store, let your $$$ speak for you. If they wont/dont do anything about it spend your money somewhere else. :)

Filo
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 11:07 AM
I can tell who has kids and who doesn't. I teach my kids to be polite in public, not to disturb others in a place where it is inappropriate (such as a movie theater), and have used the line "stop crying or I will give you something to cry about". I have also left places they wanted to be when their behavior became inappropriate. This is what the mother should have done.

All of you who are bleating the loudest about this brats behavior are demonstrating exactly the behavior your are condemning.

And if you hit my child because he is bothering you with his voice you will suffer the consequences. You need to learn to cope with life's little inconveniences and realize that sometimes the world does not exist for your pleasure. Striking some child because they are noisy shows just how much of a loser shit head you are.

dirkterrell
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I can't condone striking someone's kid like that. The problem is not the child. This is just another example of how inconsiderate people have become in general. The same people that let their kids run wild are the same ones who don't bother to put down their latte and cell phone to check their mirrors before changing lanes and running you off the road. They're the same ones who won't allow someone to merge in when there is a mile long line of cars in front and behind them. There are no consequences for being rude and inconsiderate.

And if the manager asked this woman to take her child outside, I'm sure 50 lawyers would take up her case of a civil rights violation.

Dirk

Keepitgreen
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 11:35 AM
I can tell who has kids and who doesn't. I teach my kids to be polite in public, not to disturb others in a place where it is inappropriate (such as a movie theater), and have used the line "stop crying or I will give you something to cry about". I have also left places they wanted to be when their behavior became inappropriate. This is what the mother should have done.

All of you who are bleating the loudest about this brats behavior are demonstrating exactly the behavior your are condemning.

And if you hit my child because he is bothering you with his voice you will suffer the consequences. You need to learn to cope with life's little inconveniences and realize that sometimes the world does not exist for your pleasure. Striking some child because they are noisy shows just how much of a loser shit head you are.

Just by what you said here, I doubt that it would get to a point where someone would want to hit your kid.

I doubt that anyone here would hit someone else's kid as well..
Maybe it was good that this happened as she can be the "sacrificial lamb" and now maybe others will take notice that someone may want to hit their kid.
It doesn't matter who has kids and who does not, behavior in public by children should be good behavior. Simple..

If others did as you do and take them out of an establishment or are as stern as you are, there wouldn't be things like this happening.

But sometimes it needs to happen to bring things to light of how our nation is going to hell with all the little petty laws against keeping your child in check.
Hell, if a teacher looks at a kid in a "wrong" way, the parents want to sue..

t_jolt
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 11:35 AM
No one else has the right to touch a 2 yearold. Hell diaper could be wet, that enough for them to cry about (trust me i know)

But its the parent that needs to take care of it. Actually not to long ago i was in a movie, and this kid kept crying, for 5 min straight. Whatever the kid shut up its cool . but it happened ten min later, and then again after that. I stood up in the theater and look the parents (or at least the shadow where the sound was coming from) and told to take there kid out of the movie. they didnt leave and of course it happened 2 more times. Till someone else stood up and told them to leave. finally it worked. People are stupid and only do what they want. F everyone else. This is how it works these days. Truly sad is what it is.

Filo
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 12:07 PM
Just by what you said here, I doubt that it would get to a point where someone would want to hit your kid.

No, they are kids. They still piss people off. But I am a giant asshole. I make them apologize to the people that they inconvenience in public. The kids hate it and half the time the people being apologized to are grateful. About a 10th of the time the people are raging assholes themselves. But then the kids learn an important lesson - 1 out of 10 people are giant walking dildos.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 12:16 PM
....Get off my lawn.......:)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 12:18 PM
If someone slapped any of my kids like that, especially my 2 yr-old, I'd have broken the guys neck.

TurboGizzmo
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 01:06 PM
While i concur on never touching someone elses evil spawn.....i dunno whats up with kids these days, when i was young there was fear/respect/or something that must have happened at birth that i could only push so far. The fact i would hear "Go sit on your bed till your father gets home" still freaks me out to type.....I know know how i feel now when i get off a hards day work and get home and all the stress and can only imagine what restraint my dad had to have not to beat the crap out of me.

Assume its the lack of the belt these days.....

rforsythe
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 01:49 PM
And if the manager asked this woman to take her child outside, I'm sure 50 lawyers would take up her case of a civil rights violation.

Not any good lawyers. Your civil rights do not grant you unwavering rights to shop in WalMart, nor do they in any way imply that free speech comes without consequences. The manager was well within legal boundaries to refuse service to that woman and ask her to leave if she couldn't calm her child, just like any other shop owner or manager at any other establishment. Now they won't do that because let's face it, those are exactly the sort of people you want in WalMart buying stuff if you are that store owner, because that mom will placate her brat child with toys fresh off the shelves.

And I agree with those who've indicated that they'd have made that old bastard bleed. He didn't just smack the kid once, he did it repeatedly, when he could have just as easily found another corner of the store to sulk in for a couple minutes. He'll likely reflect on that being considerably less inconvenient than the old-man-jail-buttsecks he's about to discover. Not that I'd have been the parent in that situation to begin with, but just on principle alone (not to mention defense of a child) if that had been my kid, that man would have found one of those smiley-face signs coming out of his wrinkled old ass.

dirkterrell
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 01:55 PM
Not any good lawyers.

I'm sure there are plenty that would find something to hassle the company about. They'd settle and then have a policy of not doing anything about unruly children unless it was a safety issue. This is why we have warning labels on coffee cups about the coffee being hot. Or packets of dessicant in beef jerky that say "Do not eat."

Dirk

whitebrad
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I can't condone striking someone's kid like that. The problem is not the child. This is just another example of how inconsiderate people have become in general. The same people that let their kids run wild are the same ones who don't bother to put down their latte and cell phone to check their mirrors before changing lanes and running you off the road. They're the same ones who won't allow someone to merge in when there is a mile long line of cars in front and behind them. There are no consequences for being rude and inconsiderate.

Dirk

why they gotta be black an shit... racist

j/k

~Barn~
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 02:17 PM
http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/94/chappelleshowgif8jq.gif

Mother Goose
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 02:38 PM
That was weeks ago mutha fucka!

Tim K
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 02:44 PM
I have little tolerance for misbehaving children. Make that none. However, if someone touches my daughter, they're going to be staring down the barrel of a .45 praying for the police to come quickly.

sloridr
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 03:52 PM
The mom should have done it in the first place. I hate it when parents don't do anything when their kid screams in a public place. If I did that growing up, I would have had a quick back hand.
I through a fit once and my Aunt caught me on one side and Grandpa was right behind her on the other!!!

The Black Knight
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 04:52 PM

With that said, many people with children have zero respect for anyone around them and will let their children cry nonstop in movies, restaurants, etc.
One time my wife and I were having dinner and there was a child right next to us that was crying so loudly we couldn't even talk to each other through the whole meal, so I understand that guys frustration, but in no way should he have ever laid a hand on that child. He should've slapped the mother. :lol:
So you didn't ask the parents to shut the kid up?? I've done that many times in restaurants. I'm not a dick but I'm not exactly the most polite about it. However, you have to look at it as two fold. Yeah just because it's a kid(well they are just being a kid). But the parents should discipline the child and remedy the problem right then.

Second, I pay good money to sit down and have a nice quite dinner/supper. I don't want to listen to some dumbass kid yelling at the top of its lungs because Mom and Dad won't give it want it wants and refuse to grow a set and discipline the child.

Remember it's your money too and you are entitled to a nice dinner just like everyone else.

Hell, my parents must have been the anit christ!

By the time they had me trained, it was a snap of the fingers and a look..
Shit, I was standing at attention and ready to storm any fuckin trench they would have pointed at..
Same here, I don't know how many slaps I got from my mom, just for giving her a cross eye'd look. Then I got double jeopardy when Dad got home. Especially if it was something I did that was wrong and got busted for it. Yeah I felt the wrath of discipline. Funny thing is, I learned my lessons and never did it again. Amazing what a slap or swat on the ass will do.

Back in the dark ages when I was a kid, before all the "think of their self esteem!" feel good bullshit, ANY adult had the OBLIGATION to discipline ANY child when appropriate. More often than not, it was scolding and a stern look, but if the kid was doing something dangerous to their self or another child or animal, a spanking was not out of the question. Now parents either don't flat give a shit if their kids develop any boundaries, or are so afraid of legal repercussions that they won't apply ANY discipline at any time. So their kids fail to develop any moral compass, and a new generation of serial killers is born.

Exactly, when I went to school in Tulsa. We had a Principal that would break out his wooden paddle for anyone that really screwed up.

My grandmother used to slap my hands with a wooden spoon if I got into things I shouldn't have.

And both my Father and Mother, never spared the rod. If I needed it, I would get spanked or slapped, or both.

I have to agree with you. I get so sick and tired of this feel good shit. Everyone worries about hurting their feelings or humbling a child and don't give a damn about the consequences of the child's actions. Hence, why we have higher disciplinary problems today then back when even we were kids.

I remember reading a stat a few years back. They compared the top 10 disciplinary problems from 1949 and 1999 for children in Junior High and Highschool. In 1949 some of the main problems were: gum chewing, running in the halls, back talk and dress code violations. In 1999 the main problems were: rape, theft, vandalism, physical abuse and violence.

My how we've changed in just 50+ years. All because of people like Dr. Spock telling us not to spank our children.

See what happen when you spare the rod, Junior goes hog wild.....

P.S.
I also came from a strict family and the belief that Children are to be "seen and not heard" mantra. Yeah I still firmly believe in that to this day and always will.

~Barn~
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 05:01 PM
Getting slapped would suck. Anybody who hits their kid in the face for punishment kinda has it backwards in my book.

Yeah, under certain circumstances I spank mine, and I DAMN SURE was paddled when I was a kid. Belt, paddle, hand... I also have found out now that the older they are, taking away their fun vis-vis "grounding" them, pays much bigger dividends. Especially since I'm not their biological dad. I think I eventually would have just hardened them to me, by going to the spanking-well too many times. Public disturbances of course require the parent to first and foremost *remove* the parties from the public place, before commencing the dropping of the hammer.

But yeah... neither of my parents ever hit me in the face though, and if they would, I would have remembered that with extreme prejudice. As it turns out, all I really remember, was getting spanked for screwing up. I hope mine remember the same, and for the most part, they are very well behaved; at home and in public. Their mother of course, works in conjuntion with me on all this.

CaptGoodvibes
Wed Sep 2nd, 2009, 06:53 PM

Yup, right after I called 911 to report an assault.

BlueDog
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 03:18 PM
Made me think of this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwjT87Kju-0

McVaaahhh
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 03:30 PM
What the guy should've done is grabbed a bag of oreo's off the shelf, ripped it open, handed it to the kid, then punched his momma in the mouth.

Bonus points to whoever names the movie (without the aide of teh interwebs) the last part of the sentence is from.

Tylar
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 03:32 PM
What the guy should've done is grabbed a bag of oreo's off the shelf, ripped it open, handed it to the kid, then punched his momma in the mouth.

Bonus points to whoever names the movie (without the aide of teh interwebs) the last part of the sentence is from.

There's Smokey and the Bandit.

TFOGGuys
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 03:42 PM
I also have found out now that the older they are, taking away their fun vis-vis "grounding" them, pays much bigger dividends.

I was an anomaly growing up: same house from kindergarten through high school graduation, 2 parents. My dad spanked me when I did something particularly dangerous or stupid, but not often. I can recall exactly one time that I got slapped, and boy, did I deserve it! Grounding was the punishment of choice, and it was the Gilligan's Island variety:no phone, no lights, no motorcar, not a single luxury....

McVaaahhh
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 03:44 PM
There's Smokey and the Bandit.

Ding ding ding! Gutter, tell him what he's won!

http://www.68customs.com/Buford_T_Justice.jpg

~Barn~
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 03:52 PM
<snip...> no lights.

:spit:

That's ruthless! I like it.

puckstr
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 08:37 PM
When I go to Wally-world I EXPECT to see FAT people and hear SCREAMING SPAWN.

Keepitgreen
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 08:43 PM
I was an anomaly growing up: same house from kindergarten through high school graduation, 2 parents. My dad spanked me when I did something particularly dangerous or stupid, but not often. I can recall exactly one time that I got slapped, and boy, did I deserve it! Grounding was the punishment of choice, and it was the Gilligan's Island variety:no phone, no lights, no motorcar, not a single luxury....

I remember the first time I got grounded.. I got my shit together real fast after that..
I was always taking the "paddle" and then back out playing within the hour..
They caught onto my scheme.

The grounding things sucked balls..

King Nothing
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 08:55 PM
Assume its the lack of the belt these days.....this simple phrase sums up 99% of the behavioral (sp) problems present in today's youth.

puckstr
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 09:09 PM
I remember my mom taking a belt off the rack in JM Field's (old southern department store) and straightening me out. She then put the belt back on the rack
I was told to stop crying or I would get another one when I got home. I stopped crying
No one in the store said anything to her, that is just how things got handled in the old days.

And Kids minded there parents!

dirkterrell
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:49 PM
JM Field's (old southern department store)

Now there's a blast from the past. :)

Dirk

sp0rtygrl
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:28 PM
Ok I don't have any kids, but does slapping them in the face really shut them up? 60-year-old douche bag had no right hitting that girl. I get annoyed with other peoples kids running and screaming in stores too but you just have to tune them little shits out and MYOB.

CBRSue
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 12:05 AM
That man should not have struck the child. :(
That woman should have taken responsibility for her child's behavior. :banghead:
Selfishness and unaccountability... traits too often encountered in today's society. Sad.

chanke4252
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 01:28 AM
This (screaming kids) is why I don't shop at walmart.

willb003
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Walmart is why I dont shop at walmart

ghostrider_9
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 06:01 AM
As much as I understand the man's frustration with the woman's appaarent lack of parental control over her child . . . if you touch my kid, I will destroy you . . . period.

I know it is my job to keep my kids in check. I have even left stores because my kids were acting up. The problem is that most parents don't do that. Regardless, it is my duty as a parent to protect my child. If you lay a finger on my child, that instinct to protect is instant and overwhelming!

thatmofo
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 12:54 PM
That man would have caught an a$$ whoopin'. While I was beating him I would have told him that if he doesn't shut up I am going to shut him up.

The Black Knight
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Getting slapped would suck. Anybody who hits their kid in the face for punishment kinda has it backwards in my book.

Yeah, under certain circumstances I spank mine, and I DAMN SURE was paddled when I was a kid. Belt, paddle, hand... I also have found out now that the older they are, taking away their fun vis-vis "grounding" them, pays much bigger dividends. Especially since I'm not their biological dad. I think I eventually would have just hardened them to me, by going to the spanking-well too many times. Public disturbances of course require the parent to first and foremost *remove* the parties from the public place, before commencing the dropping of the hammer.

But yeah... neither of my parents ever hit me in the face though, and if they would, I would have remembered that with extreme prejudice. As it turns out, all I really remember, was getting spanked for screwing up. I hope mine remember the same, and for the most part, they are very well behaved; at home and in public. Their mother of course, works in conjuntion with me on all this.
Getting slapped never bothered me in that way. I guess I was just used to it from my mother. Then again when it did happen, it was for something that I shouldn't have been doing. So I really can't hold that against my mother.

Also her slaps were never hard or painful. More humiliating than anything else. But that's the point of a slap or a swap to the bottom. It's to make you think of what you did and humble you in the process.

I see nothing wrong with a few quick swats to the behind or a spanking. One of the quickest ways to embarass a child and put them in line for what they did. Is to the spank them in front of others. Which sucks because of today's standards. I think that's why parents are reluctant to spank their children, for fear or someone else calling the police on them for child abuse.

When I was a child and saw another kid get a spanking in public or if I was the recipient of a spanking. All the other adults present you could tell would give their nod of approval to the parent administering the spanking to the unruly child. Nowadays, you'll get the cops called on you in a heart beat for just a little swat to to the butt. And that's not how it should be.

I agree, the older kids get the better way to punish them is to take things away. I think the last time I got a spanking was when I was around 12 or 13. After that, I just had my stuff taken away. When I was 16 my folks found out I was smoking. So in order to break me of the habit they just took away my paychecks while I was working during highschool. Thing is, it set me straight and I've never touched them since. I quit right away because I had a car payment to make and insurance, plus other things to pay for. So it was either give up the paycheck or quit and get my act together.

I also agree with taking the kid out of the place, to either outside or the restroom. My dad did that when I would get fussy or cry. Most of the time, he just had a talk with me and I calmed right down.

I can't say as I got spanked or slapped alot as a child. Not like some people I know. But when I did get it, it was for something that I got busted for or shouldn't have been doing. So I think with the degree of discipline my folks used worked out with excellent results. It was neither to much spanking nor not enough. Just the right amount, and I think it takes a good parent to be able to make the balance.