PDA

View Full Version : [Snowboarding] It's that time of year . . .

Tylar
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 09:35 AM
http://jeremyjones.net/2009/09/winter-is-coming/

Good read. :alien:

Matty
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:30 AM
Loveland Ski Resort starts blowing snow in 20 dayz!!!

Tylar
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:35 AM
And I think about it every 6 seconds . . . :hump:

DevilsTonic
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:37 AM
I'm goin to the ski rex sale tonight to see about getting new gear! I can't freakin wait! I didn't get to ride at all last season.

Tylar
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
I'm goin to the ski rex sale tonight to see about getting new gear! I can't freakin wait! I didn't get to ride at all last season.

Nice.

I think we're going to hit sniagrab and see what there is for gloves for wifey. Perhaps more if we're not happy with what we see.

Zach929rr
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
I need to learn : /

Wyck
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:40 AM
Can't wait!

Matty
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:42 AM
Tylar i'll be at Snia-grab today and tomorrow. Not sure where at for Saturday or Sunday.

Leah, come see me at Snia-grab. I'm at the Downtown Castle location. (10th and Broadway).

Sean
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:48 AM
Matty, I thought it opened on Sat? At least the Boulder location.

Matty
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:02 AM
ya the Snia-grab in Boulder, FOCO, Parker, and Littleton don't open till Saturday.

The downtown Denver location opens today for VIP's and opens to the general public tomorrow, Friday.

You should see how many tents are surrounding the store. Had to stop by there yesterday and people in therir tents were wrapped around Broadway, to 10th and up Lincoln.

DevilsTonic
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:03 AM
Tylar i'll be at Snia-grab today and tomorrow. Not sure where at for Saturday or Sunday.

Leah, come see me at Snia-grab. I'm at the Downtown Castle location. (10th and Broadway).Tonight?

Matty, I thought it opened on Sat? At least the Boulder location.

Colo Ski & Golf has a VIP pre sale tonight for which I've got a coupon. You can register for it on their website.

Matty
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:08 AM
Tonight?

no tomorrow or tomorrow night. Unless you find some stuff over at Ski Rex. Which Ski and Golf do you plan to go to?

cdbouncer
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:16 AM
If your wife has trouble finding gloves that work - I turned to mittens...I LOVE my mittens! Warm hands ftw!

Nice.

I think we're going to hit sniagrab and see what there is for gloves for wifey. Perhaps more if we're not happy with what we see.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:18 AM
<--- hates the snow..

Matty
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:20 AM
If your wife has trouble finding gloves that work - I turned to mittens...I LOVE my mittens! Warm hands ftw!
Yes, mittens rock. I rep for Pow Gloves. www.powgloves.com (http://www.powgloves.com)

<--- hates the snow..

thanx for sharing.

Tylar
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I've tried that and even debated them myself . . . but alas, she won't budge.

The three-year old, however, loves her mittens.

win some, lose some.

DevilsTonic
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:24 AM
no tomorrow or tomorrow night. Unless you find some stuff over at Ski Rex. Which Ski and Golf do you plan to go to?Coupon says it's for the aurora location only.

cdbouncer
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
Maybe you need some mittens?! :hump:

<--- hates the snow..

Matty
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:35 AM
Coupon says it's for the aurora location only.
ok.. cool. Ask for Kyle or Amber. They both know their shit. Or ask for Nikki, she help's with Ride snowboards and she's good too. If none of them are available find one of the rep's. As for boots, don't let anyopne talk you into anything, especially any of the burton guys. Try on some Salomon boots first. they are one of the more comfortable boots out there.

good luck.

if you don't find anything come find me at Snia-grab on friday or this weekend. i'll let ya know for sure where i'm at.

DevilsTonic
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 12:40 PM
ok.. cool. Ask for Kyle or Amber. They both know their shit. Or ask for Nikki, she help's with Ride snowboards and she's good too. If none of them are available find one of the rep's. As for boots, don't let anyopne talk you into anything, especially any of the burton guys. Try on some Salomon boots first. they are one of the more comfortable boots out there.

good luck.

if you don't find anything come find me at Snia-grab on friday or this weekend. i'll let ya know for sure where i'm at.Cool, thanks for the info!

Yodannyc
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 06:30 PM
All I think of currently. My arbor board did not see enough snow last year since i bought it towards the end of the year.

DevilsTonic
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 09:42 PM

good luck.

if you don't find anything come find me at Snia-grab on friday or this weekend. i'll let ya know for sure where i'm at.Got bindings, boots, board and a pair of oakley goggles ($60). Now I just need my pass and some powder pants / jacket and I'm good.

I paid $450 for everything so far, but i'll be checking out sniagrab at some point this weekend for the rest of my gear! I'm so excited I wanna run around the house in nothing but my board boots....(:lol: that visual almost made me throw up in my mouth)

200sr20
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:01 PM
Got bindings, boots, board and a pair of oakley goggles ($60). Now I just need my pass and some powder pants / jacket and I'm good.

I paid $450 for everything so far, but i'll be checking out sniagrab at some point this weekend for the rest of my gear! I'm so excited I wanna run around the house in nothing but my board boots....(:lol: that visual almost made me throw up in my mouth)

Where did you get the goggles at? I have the pass and all the gear, but need new eyewear

Matty
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:44 PM
Got bindings, boots, board and a pair of oakley goggles ($60). Now I just need my pass and some powder pants / jacket and I'm good.

rite on!!!! who helped you out?

DevilsTonic
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Where did you get the goggles at? I have the pass and all the gear, but need new eyewearGot the goggles at the Colorado Ski & Golf Ski Rex sale. They were about 1/2 off.

rite on!!!! who helped you out?Don't remember the guy's name, but he was a burton rep.

MetaLord 9
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:13 AM
don't let anyopne talk you into anything, especially any of the burton guys.

Don't remember the guy's name, but he was a burton rep.
Listening is fun! :lol:

:D

Devaclis
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Burten

UglykidJoe
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Matty you know where you are going to be this weekend yet, my 15yr old told me he needs a new board, and I want to make sure he gets a good board for a good deal.

Matty
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Don't remember the guy's name, but he was a burton rep

cool cool. what board, boot, and binding you end up getting?

you can just PM me, so we're not post whoring up this thread.

Matty
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Matty you know where you are going to be this weekend yet, my 15yr old told me he needs a new board, and I want to make sure he gets a good board for a good deal.
I'll be at Snia-grab (downtown Denver) today from 11-7pm.

Tomorrow, it's looking like i'll be at the Littleton location. Really depends on what we get sold today.

Send me a PM later today to remind to hit you back with where i'm going to be. I don't get any commission on of the sales, i'm salary, so whether i'll help you or not it doesn't really matter. You can do what Leah did and hit up Ski-rex over at Colorado Ski & Golf in Aurora and they help you out just fine.

CeMeN
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:34 AM
hope someone organizes a sweet riding day, if so I'm definately in! {=0)

Matty
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:40 AM
hang tight... we had a few last season.

Canuck
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:50 AM
36 hrs with Sully and Canuck '09, at Keystone...

To be continued :yes:

Matty
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 10:03 AM
36 hrs with Sully and Canuck '09, at Keystone...

To be continued :yes:

Already reserving one of the bedrooms. No more sleeping in a fort. lol.

DevilsTonic
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 11:01 AM

I'll be at Snia-grab (downtown Denver) today from 11-7pm.

Tomorrow, it's looking like i'll be at the Littleton location. Really depends on what we get sold today.

Send me a PM later today to remind to hit you back with where i'm going to be. I don't get any commission on of the sales, i'm salary, so whether i'll help you or not it doesn't really matter. You can do what Leah did and hit up Ski-rex over at Colorado Ski & Golf in Aurora and they help you out just fine.Definately go check out the Ski Rex sale. I got killer deals on my bindings, boots and goggles.

Here's the break down of what I got:
K2 Cinch bindings (similar to the flows) for $75
black Burton Mint boots with the speed zone laces (SIICK!) for $80
Womens Burton Lux 150 board for $200
Oakley Black iridium lens goggles for $60

They had a pretty big selection of boots and bindings for $40 / $50 too. I just wanted something a little more convenient, so I paid a little more for the speed laces and the "flow" style bindings.

Matty
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Definately go check out the Ski Rex sale. I got killer deals on my bindings, boots and goggles.

Here's the break down of what I got:
K2 Cinch bindings (similar to the flows) for $75
black Burton Mint boots with the speed zone laces (SIICK!) for $80
Womens Burton Lux 150 board for $200
Oakley Black iridium lens goggles for $60

Awesome..... ya the speed zone lacing system is nice. I'm still a fan of the traditional tie up laces.

Now all we need is some snow and it's on. Looking forward to doing a lil shredding with ya.

DevilsTonic
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Awesome..... ya the speed zone lacing system is nice. I'm still a fan of the traditional tie up laces.

Now all we need is some snow and it's on. Looking forward to doing a lil shredding with ya.I absolutely HATED my traditional lace boots. I could never get them tight enough. I was looking at some DCs that had the cobra lace system on them, those were pretty sweet too.

I'm definately ready for it to snow...like tomorrow would be good!

:up:

Canuck
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Already reserving one of the bedrooms. No more sleeping in a fort. lol.

Noted. :)

Tylar
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 11:38 AM
tomorrow would be good!

:up:

Yeah, been thinking that for the past few weeks.

I love speed zone Burtons as well.

DevilsTonic
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Yeah, been thinking that for the past few weeks.

I love speed zone Burtons as well.Yup I'm ready for the next riding season to start!

Sucks that we have to torment ourselves and buy our gear in Sept when we can't use it until November.

Matty
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Sucks that we have to torment ourselves and buy our gear in Sept when we can't use it until November.
A-basin opened mid October last year. 6 weeks away.

Sleev
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 12:20 PM
so in for this. my friends hardly ever go anymore

Tylar
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 12:21 PM
A-basin opened mid October last year. 6 weeks away.

October-friggin 17th, i believe.

By mid-July i'm starting to get to the point of Jones'ing bad.

DevilsTonic
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 12:22 PM
A-basin opened mid October last year. 6 weeks away.Still...that's like putting a bon bon in front of a fat kid and telling them they can't have it.

Sleev
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 12:22 PM
ugh, mebbe I'll go to Montezuma next weekend and hit that dirty patch of north facing snow

Sleev
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 12:24 PM
isn't there a place on St. Mary's that has year round snow?

CeMeN
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 01:41 PM
so in for this. my friends hardly ever go anymore

that's what I'm sayin!!! bunch a damn lame-O's I tell ya

chanke4252
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I'll likely go over after work today. I need some new pants and gloves.

Tylar
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 08:55 AM
isn't there a place on St. Mary's that has year round snow?

Yeah, you can usually sled down the glacier. Dunno how it goes on a board though.

Tylar
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 06:25 PM
I found a reasonable cure for the itch lately . . . Shaun White Snowboarding on the Wii. :drink:

Matty
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 07:58 PM
you can always go up to Breck drive up the jeep trail off of Peak 9 and ride down the 4th of July bowl. they have about 5 or 6 rails set-up.

warning, you need a jeep or a vehicle with a lot of clearance.

Matty
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Opening Days!!!!!

Loveland Ski Area: TBA (Last years opening day was 10/15/2008.)

Arapahoe Basin: TBA (Last years opening day was 10/15/2008.)

Keystone: Nov 6, 2009

Breckenridge: Nov 12, 2009

Vail: Nov 20, 2009

Beaver Creek: Nov 25, 2009

Copper Mountain: TBA.

Tylar
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Yum. this next weekend it's supposed to be in teh 40s for lows here, means it HAS to be cold up there. Wonder if they'll run them to try and get a jump.

Matty
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Yum. this next weekend it's supposed to be in teh 40s for lows here, means it HAS to be cold up there. Wonder if they'll run them to try and get a jump.
Loveland starts blowing snow in 15 days.

if you're really jonesing to ride. Go to Breck, take the jeep trail up to Peak 9 (right by the Mercury Superchairlift) and hike and ride the 4th of July bowl. They have 5 or 6 rails set-up.

Tylar
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Yeah, saw that on their site. I feel spoiled enough to have pretty good odds to get in a day or two before Halloween.

I don't have a vehicle that I'd want to run on that Jeep trail.

Have you ever done the 4th of July bowl?

Sleev
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 07:33 PM
I was in Red Feather last weekend and they were hitting 30s. Not quite below freezing yet. This thread is making me antsy.