PDA

View Full Version : If you wear this jacket, will you get the munchies?

asp_125
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 09:53 AM
http://www.tobefast.com/joe-rocket-hemp-jacket-pr-10001196.html

Joe Rocket Hemp Jacket Facts:

Joe Rocket Hemp Jacket is Ultra resistant and durable, hemp fiber is longer, stronger and more insulative than cotton
Joe Rocket Hemp Jacket Rivals road race quality cowhide
Our Joe Rocket Hemp Jacket is Eco-Friendly - easily organically grown, hemp cultivation often requires no herbicides, fungicides or pesticides
Hemp THC levels average below 0.3%. Cannabis levels can surpass 20%...Smoking Hemp results in a headache, Not a high!

XJ600s
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 09:55 AM
ha, I actually saw that jacket yesterday! I really like the design, clean lines, retro design, and Joe Rocket jackets are the only ones that fit my long arms.

My only question would be crash testing in it and if its waterproof (which it doesn't seem to be, a dealbreaker for me).

TFOGGuys
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:09 AM
I talked to my Joe Rocket rep a few days ago about these. Better crash resistance than Cordura, without the melting issues in slides.

Sean
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:10 AM
I really like the design, clean lines, retro design...My only question would be crash testing in it and if its waterproof (which it doesn't seem to be, a dealbreaker for me).+1 Nice looking but I would really question it's durability.

asp_125
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:12 AM
ha, I actually saw that jacket yesterday! I really like the design, clean lines, retro design, and Joe Rocket jackets are the only ones that fit my long arms.

My only question would be crash testing in it and if its waterproof (which it doesn't seem to be, a dealbreaker for me).

Which shop has it? Curious as to its look and feel. Hemp fiber is tougher than cotton, but comparable to race leathers as the ad says?

Jim_Vess
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:13 AM
I have a headache. Anybody got any Cheetos? :crazy:

CaneZach
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:38 AM
I think it looks nice too. The only thing I don't like is the HEMP running down the left forearm of the black jacket. I don't see it on the lighter one.

XJ600s
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:46 AM
I think it looks nice too. The only thing I don't like is the HEMP running down the left forearm of the black jacket. I don't see it on the lighter one.

Wow, I didn't even notice that! Oh well, not that big of a deal in my opinion, both of my current jackets have at least one thing I don't like about them.

TFOGGuys
Thu Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
More info: http://joerocket.com/catalog/index.cfm/236/418/Textile_Jackets/Hemp_Jacket

mdub
Wed Oct 27th, 2010, 06:24 PM
i'll leave that one alone. i do like the Rocket Nation jacket, those are catchy to the eyes...

I only have a black Icon Motorhead, like to add some pizaazz to it maybe some rhine stones......bling....not really. But some cool patches would suffice

asp_125
Wed Oct 27th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Must be Halloween... damn zombie threads! Die.. die! :D

GuitarX
Wed Oct 27th, 2010, 06:53 PM

If you wear gauntlet-style gloves, you probably won't see that (or much of it anyway). That's a nice-looking jacket for sure, I wonder if they have hemp riding pants to match it as well.

chronicboy
Thu Oct 28th, 2010, 06:55 AM
thats a nice looking jacket, i wonder if splattered bugs are hard to remove

Mother Goose
Thu Oct 28th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Derek (DLish) had one, he always had a bag of Cheetos in his hand.... :dunno:

Cap'n Crunch
Thu Oct 28th, 2010, 08:29 AM
I would buy one, but I'm afraid that ChronicBoy would chase me around with a lighter. :)

MetaLord 9
Thu Oct 28th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I'm surprised they didn't call that jacket "The Boulder"

CaneZach
Thu Oct 28th, 2010, 08:59 AM
How do these threads keep popping up???

MetaLord 9
Thu Oct 28th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Damn n00bs going through all the old threads looking to up their post counts...

It's called "NEW POSTS" people...

Cap'n Crunch
Thu Oct 28th, 2010, 09:29 AM
I lost my post count in the CSC crash of 2010. I need to do something to get it back...

Finklestein87
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:42 AM
+1 to my post count.

Did anyone buy this jacket? How is it working out? I always thought hemp could be woven to be extremely strong and durbable?

Zach929rr
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Double zombie thread? ruh rouh raggy

CaneZach
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Must be Halloween... damn zombie threads! Die.. die! :D

You were saying???

ETA: Damn, ninja'd by my cohort

Mother Goose
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:45 AM
You really gotta stop bumping old threads. :lol:

Derek (DLish) had one, he always had a bag of Cheetos in his hand.... :dunno:
You could just PM him and ask how he liked it.

salsashark
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Can we please implement an auto-lock on threads that have had no activity in 180 or so days?

asp_125
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 10:53 AM
WTH?

Braiiiins... braaaaiiinssssss... brrraaaaaiiiinnnnss!!!!!

DFab
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 11:08 AM
+1 to my post count.

Did anyone buy this jacket? How is it working out? I always thought hemp could be woven to be extremely strong and durbable?

Dude wants an update, who care's if the op is old.

I own it. I like it. Wore it all last season. Never crashed in it. No good in the rain though.

Finklestein87
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=Mother Goose;559433]You really gotta stop bumping old threads. [QUOTE]

Not trying to open up a can of worms, but what is the big deal with old threads? I would think clogging up the forums with the same question over and over is worst than posting in an older thread...

I wonder when this became Taboo?

Ricky
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE=Mother Goose;559433]You really gotta stop bumping old threads. [QUOTE]

Not trying to open up a can of worms, but what is the big deal with old threads? I would think clogging up the forums with the same question over and over is worst than posting in an older thread...

That's the attitude on most "informational" forums, which I sometimes think is a load of crap. Higher traffic forums get the same stupid question asked 15 times per day, and all the members say "search". But yet, when the subject content changes, or there's a few people with a new opinion, that stuff gets stifled because new threads are taboo, and the coolest thing in the world is to be the first person to reply on a thread and say "learn to search".

asp_125
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 12:05 PM
What oil is best for my bike? :D

CaneZach
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 12:16 PM
What oil is best for my bike? :D

Learn to search!

Spooph
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I wondering if some oil/wax on this jacket wouldn't make it water-resistant. i can just imagine how heavy all that hemp would be fully soaked.... I like the looked of oiled canvas - like Belstaff. I want to try one of these on...

cptschlongenheimer
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 12:59 PM
I think Meta's trying to avoid being duped into thinking the Zombie apocalypse has started when it hasn't. I'd be careful... he might start double-tapping newbs first. (including me)

Mother Goose
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 01:06 PM

In this case, you asked who had it and how is it working out. I had answered earlier in the thread that Dlish (Derek) had it. Thought it would be easier to PM the guy that was stated to have it and see how he liked it. Since he was the only known person in the first year it was bumped, to have it. Maybe I'm just getting cranky in my old age. :lol: We'll go with that. :yes:

Mother Goose
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 01:07 PM
I think Meta's trying to avoid being duped into thinking the Zombie apocalypse has started when it hasn't. I'd be careful... he might start double-tapping newbs first. (including me)
You're first in line schlong!! :lol:

Spiderman
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Better crash resistance than Cordura, without the melting issues in slides.
If there's no melting issue to worry about, is there a smoking issue? :siesta:

cptschlongenheimer
Tue Apr 26th, 2011, 02:42 PM
You're first in line schlong!! :lol:

no surprise there...
:lol: