PDA

View Full Version : He doesn't love you.

SloBlue
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 12:25 AM
On the outside chance that you'll see this...

Northbound I-25 @ 104th ave, 11:11 PM, Thursday night, I first saw 2 sportbikes overtaking me in my lane about 20 yards behind me. You guys split around me, passing right and left of me, sliding back into the center lane and then in and out of traffic until I couldn't see you anymore. I did notice the girls on the back of your bikes, the one on my right was hard to miss, white sweater, white short shorts and white pumps. Brown hair blowing in the wind and you went by at 75 or so. (55 zone)

I guess you stopped for a bit because you passed me again near mm 237 and you got off at the Longmont exit, #119. I saw the State Trooper running laser, I quess you did too but you both had different ideas of how not to get a ticket. The bike with girl in black shorts, shoes and shirt blasted past at 85 trying to get to the next exit and get off the freeway. You, with the young lady in white, here's a pointer. You took off your mirrors to look "race", but when you keep looking over your shoulder to see if the cop is coming, you just look guilty. Keep your head facing ahead so you don't hit a pallet laying in the road and if the cop comes, he comes. What are you going to do? Run with your chick on the back?

Anyway, this post is for the young ladies on the back of those bikes. You look about my daughter's age. Let me just say he doesn't love you. He cares nothing about exposing you to danger like that. Really, he just thinks you make him look good when you are willing to pose as a sex ornament on the back of his bike.

Rants over.

chanke4252
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 01:27 AM
sex ornament, I like the sound of that. where can I get one of those?

DevilsTonic
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 07:07 AM
sex ornament, I like the sound of that. where can I get one of those?:squid: Try the shell station on colfax, there's always a bunch of curb monkeys looking for a good time.

Squisha
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 07:09 AM
He cares nothing about exposing you to danger like that.

Word.

IT WASN'T ME!
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 07:26 AM
:squid: Try the shell station on colfax, there's always a bunch of curb monkeys looking for a good time.
Curb monkeys! LOL!:poo:

FALCONSEYE
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 07:31 AM
:squid: Try the shell station on colfax, there's always a bunch of curb monkeys looking for a good time.

what's a curb monkey?

IT WASN'T ME!
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 07:42 AM
It's amazing how many young women are perfectly happy to be treated like a hunk of meat. I blame rap music. Many young men think that being a pimp is the ultimate of success and manliness, and many young women seem to think that being treated like a throw-away whore is love at it's finest. This is exactly how rap depicts male and female rolls.

MetaLord 9
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 07:48 AM
sex ornament, I like the sound of that. where can I get one of those?
You hang them on your sextmas tree, dummy!

salsashark
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 07:53 AM
It's amazing how many young women are perfectly happy to be treated like a hunk of meat. I blame rap music. Many young men think that being a pimp is the ultimate of success and manliness, and many young women seem to think that being treated like a throw-away whore is love at it's finest. This is exactly how rap depicts male and female rolls.

I wouldn't say rap music owns the blame... it's media in general and it's nothing new. Look at the rock scene in the 80's and 90's. Women were nothing more then groupies used up and disposed of after a show. Rap just happens to be in the forefront of youth music today.

You really want to blame someone, blame the parents who fail to instill a sense of morality and decency in their children. Blame the parents for being so morally bankrupt themselves that they fail to allow their children to grow up in a household where self respect is taught and expected.

To many of today's youth lack any amount of self respect. One genre of music can not be blamed for an avalanche that's been flowing for a long time.

~Barn~
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Well stated, Salsa.

GrlRdr
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:09 AM
You really want to blame someone, blame the parents who fail to instill a sense of morality and decency in their children. Blame the parents for being so morally bankrupt themselves that they fail to allow their children to grow up in a household where self respect is taught and expected.

To many of today's youth lack any amount of self respect. One genre of music can not be blamed for an avalanche that's been flowing for a long time.

+1000000000

IT WASN'T ME!
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:10 AM
I wouldn't say rap music owns the blame... it's media in general and it's nothing new. Look at the rock scene in the 80's and 90's. Women were nothing more then groupies used up and disposed of after a show. Rap just happens to be in the forefront of youth music today.

Well put, and true, but I think that rap has made it much worse. They have glorified something low and heinous and turned it into a virtue. something that rock, for the most part, never did. Pimps are so low that even other criminals look down on them, and whores are just victims.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Where can I find me a woman like that?!?!:)

IT WASN'T ME!
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Where can I find me a woman like that?!?!:)
Like DevilsTonic said, "on Colfax".

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:20 AM

I would totally disagree. I've never hear Rock call women "Ho's and bitches" and basically denegrate them as CRap has. While there are plenty of song about drinking' smoking, cocaine, womanizing, etc., CRap took it to a low far, far beyond anything that had ever come before. And, I'll remind you that Rock stars, while engaging in car crashes, overdoses, etc., have never glorified the violence like CRap has. Plus, and get this, how many Rock stars have engaged in shooting each other? Or had so many weapons violations as these thugs?

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:22 AM
On the outside chance that you'll see this...

Northbound I-25 @ 104th ave, 11:11 PM, Thursday night, I first saw 2 sportbikes overtaking me in my lane about 20 yards behind me. You guys split around me, passing right and left of me, sliding back into the center lane and then in and out of traffic until I couldn't see you anymore. I did notice the girls on the back of your bikes, the one on my right was hard to miss, white sweater, white short shorts and white pumps. Brown hair blowing in the wind and you went by at 75 or so. (55 zone)

I guess you stopped for a bit because you passed me again near mm 237 and you got off at the Longmont exit, #119. I saw the State Trooper running laser, I quess you did too but you both had different ideas of how not to get a ticket. The bike with girl in black shorts, shoes and shirt blasted past at 85 trying to get to the next exit and get off the freeway. You, with the young lady in white, here's a pointer. You took off your mirrors to look "race", but when you keep looking over your shoulder to see if the cop is coming, you just look guilty. Keep your head facing ahead so you don't hit a pallet laying in the road and if the cop comes, he comes. What are you going to do? Run with your chick on the back?

Anyway, this post is for the young ladies on the back of those bikes. You look about my daughter's age. Let me just say he doesn't love you. He cares nothing about exposing you to danger like that. Really, he just thinks you make him look good when you are willing to pose as a sex ornament on the back of his bike.

Rants over.
I agree 1000%. Great post.

IT WASN'T ME!
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I would totally disagree. I've never hear Rock call women "Ho's and bitches" and basically denegrate them as CRap has. While there are plenty of song about drinking' smoking, cocaine, womanizing, etc., CRap took it to a low far, far beyond anything that had ever come before. And, I'll remind you that Rock stars, while engaging in car crashes, overdoses, etc., have never glorified the violence like CRap has. Plus, and get this, how many Rock stars have engaged in shooting each other? Or had so many weapons violations as these thugs?
My point exactly. Well said.

MetaLord 9
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Sooooooo, not this?

McVaaahhh
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:42 AM
<snip> I blame rap music. </snip>

I blame Chris, Dana and Barn.

Devaclis
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:45 AM
I blame Dana.

Wait, wat?

~Barn~
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:46 AM
That's ironical, because I'm actually listening to rap, right now!

:music: "And if you feel like you're the best, gohead and do the Weezy-win....."
..... Phone Home!.. Weezy!..... Phone Home!.. Weezy!" :music:

salsashark
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:46 AM

I'm not defending rap music here... please don't take that from my post as my whole argument. I agree that the rap genre as a whole idolizes a criminal and deviant lifestyle, and anyone who say's different is off their rocker. However, to say that rock music never did this is just as blinded. While there may have been more inuendo to the lyrics, the message was the same. Look at the sunset strip scene in the late 80's with the rise of big hair rock. Motley Crue's 'Girls Girls Girls', Warrant 'Cherry Pie', the list goes on...

You're right, rock stars may not have been gunning each other down in the streets, but it didn't stop the criminal element. Read Tommy Lee's biography or listen to some of these musicians talk about the rampant drug use and violence that went on in LA in the 80's. These guys weren't all squeaky clean... they were just better at hiding it.

~Barn~
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:47 AM
P.S. I don't love you, Brian.

MVBrutaleRider
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:57 AM
i'll jump in here with my $0.02. I totally agree with the original post and frankly it makes me incredibly upset to see that kind of shit going down. If for no other reason then it makes the (semi-) responsible riders such as myself look bad and perpetuates a shitty stereo type about bikers in general.

That being said, i do not agree at all with the point about rap music. There is plenty of good rap music that does not objectify women. It is simply a style of music. Some individuals choose certain topics to incorporate into rap that, again, perpetuate a stereo type. That to me is moreso a lifestyle that is "rapped" about and frankly a very small slice of the pie in the rap culture. I would, however, go as far as to classify that type of rap into its own sub category of "gangster rap". I, myself, and not a fan of that kind of rap, however, i can appreciate the talent it takes. I am a really big fan of aussie hip hop and it is nothing like hiphop/rap we have here.

that also being said, lets break this down to the roots. What man does not like the company of a good looking woman? Its an ego boost. Secondly, and sadly, most people that i know that buy a sport bike generally do not get the bike for the passion and love of riding. They get the bike for the image. Most of those, again in my personal exp., were the "popular" crowd in school and whatnot. Most of that crowd generally carry a sense of entitlement due to the skewed perspective on reality that has been programmed into them from their peers and parents and teachers. Basically the world revolves around them and them alone. Why would they give a shit about the well-being of whoever is on the back of the bike with them? all they usually care about is how they look with that person on the back.

Sadly, the same goes for the girls that choose to haphazardly jump onto the back of a bike with no gear. They usually fall into the same group and only care about how it looks or how sexy it is and dont generally have a desire to ride, let alone a passion.

Frankly, if you want to take your life into your hands like that, and moreso if you want to take someone else's life into your hands, Do not expect any sympathy from me when your screaming in pain because your skin is spread across the pavement or worse. Thin out the gene pool. Dont get me wrong, i dont wish that kind of thing on anyone, but I know what i am saying is not going to stop it. Moreso if your STUPID enough to get on the back with someone and are not properly geared. You probably deserve what will inevitably come to you.

In the rare occasion when someone gets on the back of my bike, they are in nothing less then FULL armor. Gloves, jacket, lid, at a minimum, jeans and proper shoes.

Sorry, [/rant]

- Justin

McVaaahhh
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Barn, will you be my sex ornament? :slappers:

Mother Goose
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:00 AM
It's amazing how many people blame music (especially rap) for how people act. It's the kids being idiots and parents not taking the role they are supposed to. I grew up listening to rap and hip-hop (when my parents weren't around) and I turned out fine. So you can't blame the music. And not all rap is like that, it's like saying that all country is about being a hick, shooting guns, drinking, and riding horses. :rolleyes:

MVBrutaleRider
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:01 AM
and i as well blame dana with chris as an accomplice!

- Justin

salsashark
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Aussie hiphop?! Anything like this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbbxA8a_M_s)

MVBrutaleRider
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I was thinking this... Hilltop Hoods. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqCyTM1bF6Q)

The video is unrelated to the band but the song is good and the rider in the video DEFIES PHYSICS!!!

- Justin

salsashark
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:07 AM
^^ Nice... It's a good song.

MVBrutaleRider
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:10 AM
and this one is just hillarious... Drapht - Jimmy Recard! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki6YTXyITaQ)

Damnit, watchin that last one is hard... being a former flatlander and some street riding, It makes me wanna get back into it... i dont bounce anymore though.

- J

IT WASN'T ME!
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:26 AM
It's amazing how many people blame music (especially rap) for how people act. It's the kids being idiots and parents not taking the role they are supposed to. I grew up listening to rap and hip-hop (when my parents weren't around) and I turned out fine. So you can't blame the music. And not all rap is like that, it's like saying that all country is about being a hick, shooting guns, drinking, and riding horses. :rolleyes:
No, if you distill it down, most songs of any genre are love songs of one kind or another. Most of the rest tends to be about having fun. Not so with rap. 90% of rap is about how tuff you are and what a pimp you are, and women are just ho's and bitches.

MVBrutaleRider
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:30 AM
let me just throw in something here... there are women, and then there are bitches on ho's. no one can deny that.

maybe the rappers are just talking about those particular bitches and ho's. Ever think about that???

- justin

IT WASN'T ME!
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:34 AM
let me just throw in something here... there are women, and then there are bitches on ho's. no one can deny that.

maybe the rappers are just talking about those particular bitches and ho's. Ever think about that???

- justin
Maybe, but the problem is that too many kids are applying it to real life.

Devaclis
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Kurtis Blow

Grandmaster Flash

MC Rock

Afrika Bambaataa

Kangol Kid

Special K

Whodini

Early Dana Dane

Treacherous Three

Young M.C.

De La Soul

Heavy D and the Boys

Doug E. Fresh

Kool Moe Dee

Digable Planets

Biz Markie

Mmmmmmm, nice, wholesome, white suburban kid rap.

MVBrutaleRider
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Maybe, but the problem is that too many kids are applying it to real life.

only the ones that dont have any real direction in life or have not figured out who they are... boiling down to parenting and environmental influences - not music.

Music may simply be the catalyst to a larger concoction of social problems. but its certainly not the problem.

- Justin

TurboGizzmo
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Should i feel guilty looking at my new shiny CSC calendar and listening to rap music then? :)

Mother Goose
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:40 AM
No, if you distill it down, most songs of any genre are love songs of one kind or another. Most of the rest tends to be about having fun. Not so with rap. 90% of rap is about how tuff you are and what a pimp you are, and women are just ho's and bitches.
You don't listen to a lot of rap, do you. Can I ask how old you are? Cause your mentality on it is like how my dad was. "Rap is crap", he would say.

I will admit, that I don't listen to most of the new stuff out there, cause it's getting ridiculous, they'll make a song about anything.

Mother Goose
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Should i feel guilty looking at my new shiny CSC calendar and listening to rap music then? :)
Depends on if you pass that one to your friend, and go get another one. ;)

Zach929rr
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:51 AM
You don't listen to a lot of rap, do you. Can I ask how old you are? Cause your mentality on it is like how my dad was. "Rap is crap", he would say.

I will admit, that I don't listen to most of the new stuff out there, cause it's getting ridiculous, they'll make a song about anything.

I don't think I would take a jab at this age, but almost everybody hates "Radio Rap". You are right... they will make a song about anything. Every now and again I'll browse by it when I forget my Ipod in the car.... I don't think I can take another minute of the Lil Wayne Autotune.

Regardless, the good stuff is unfindable in the mainstream... Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Hieroglyphics, I could continue, but the point is that mainstream ANYTHING that isn't 30+ years old sucks. Nickleback is terrible (along with almost anything KBPI plays anymore), I could do without White Snake, anything rap should be taken off the air.

MVBrutaleRider
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:51 AM

yes, yes you should and you are a terrible person for doing so!

TO HELL WITH YOU!

- Justin

Keepitgreen
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:54 AM

Can we get an exact address for this said location..
I'm doing a school report and might need to do some field studies..
:drink:

Mother Goose
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I don't think I would take a jab at this age, but almost everybody hates "Radio Rap". You are right... they will make a song about anything. Every now and again I'll browse by it when I forget my Ipod in the car.... I don't think I can take another minute of the Lil Wayne Autotune.

Regardless, the good stuff is unfindable in the mainstream... Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Hieroglyphics, I could continue, but the point is that mainstream ANYTHING that isn't 30+ years old sucks. Nickleback is terrible (along with almost anything KBPI plays anymore), I could do without White Snake, anything rap should be taken off the air.
Not taking a jab at his age, I was just wondering, cause that's how my dad was.

I listen to everything, people are amazed at my music collection, cause I have classical, some opera, rap, rock, bluegrass, country, oldies, you name it, I probably have something in that genre. So there's good and bad in everything, but singling rap out, that just gets on my nerves.

Mother Goose
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Can we get an exact address for this said location..
I'm doing a school report and might need to do some field studies..
:drink:
1300 W COLFAX AVE
DENVER, CO 80204-2030
303-534-6260

:up:

McVaaahhh
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 09:59 AM
+1 on the autotune. Holy shit, that is fucking annoying.

salsashark
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 10:00 AM
I listen to everything, people are amazed at my music collection, cause I have classical, some opera, rap, rock, bluegrass, country, oldies, you name it, I probably have something in that genre. So there's good and bad in everything, but singling rap out, that just gets on my nerves.

:up:

Same here... there's good and bad in every genre... thank God we don't all have to tow some imaginary line that bookends us into listening to the same thing as everyone else.

SaShWhO
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 10:01 AM

Devaclis
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 10:02 AM
I will make your pussy whistle like the Andy Griffith theme song.

WTF kind of lyrics are those? Really?

Zach929rr
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 10:04 AM
It's da whispa song baby. Ying-Yang in this B-I-Itch.

GixxerCarrie
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 10:04 AM

Bwahahahahahaha! Deja Vu.

what's a curb monkey?

So there are "people" who tend to meet at this gas station and just ride around downtown. They usually hit a bar or two, or three, including Diamond. Then they go cruisin around again and will let girls (usually drunk) get on the back of their bikes. No gear, bopping into their helmets, not holding on saftely. Believe me, if you fall off they will leave your ass right there on the ground.

Not my personal expierence, I just may have watched it happen and met those curb monkeys a couple of times to ride. That was back when I didn't know any better:banghead:

Keepitgreen
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Not taking a jab at his age, I was just wondering, cause that's how my dad was.

Ya Goose tell 'em!
I am about the same and listen to everything as well.
Rap back in the old days, but now it sucks ass..

First let's just say there is rap (white rap) and then real rap (gangsta!)..

Lot's of the punks out there have no clue of how it was back in the day with something like NWA and a lovely song called "Niggaz 4 Life"..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efr4OOh8y0Q

Now that's the kind of rap that I can tolerate.. Not todays cRAP..

Keepitgreen
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Bwahahahahahaha! Deja Vu.

So there are "people" who tend to meet at this gas station and just ride around downtown. They usually hit a bar or two, or three, including Diamond. Then they go cruisin around again and will let girls (usually drunk) get on the back of their bikes. No gear, bopping into their helmets, not holding on saftely. Believe me, if you fall off they will leave your ass right there on the ground.

Not my personal expierence, I just may have watched it happen and met those curb monkeys a couple of times to ride. That was back when I didn't know any better:banghead:

So you know better now?

Keepitgreen
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 10:07 AM

Classic..:shocked:

GixxerCarrie
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 10:09 AM
So you know better now?

Ummm. Ya, had just got my bike and didn't really know who to ride with. Learned a couple of lessons from watching and knowing I didnt want anything more to do with that crap or those people.:)

Given my little riding at level at the time, I was an idiot. Really wasn't ready for lane splitting on Speer!?!?

Not to say their arent all sorts of guys/asshats that have their girls on their back with no gear, in my view her choice...Just my experience and they aren't only at The Shell. Just like getting on the bike with someone you don't know. Your choice. Hence any of the girls I know who want to get on the back of my friends bike all use my extra gear.

IT WASN'T ME!
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 10:17 AM

That's the lyrics to a rap love song.

Mother Goose
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Now she brings an extra helmet for the bitches. ;)

Keepitgreen
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Ummm. Ya, had just got my bike and didn't really know who to ride with. Learned a couple of lessons from watching and knowing I didnt want anything more to do with that crap or those people.:)

Given my little riding at level at the time, I was an idiot.

I think alot of people have been in that position and finally growed up or wised up..

gtn
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 10:20 AM
And not all rap is like that, it's like saying that all country is about being a hick, shooting guns, drinking, and riding horses. :rolleyes:

Wait! Not all country is about that stuff?!?!? :shocked:

Okay... you're right. But all country does make me want to do the guitars in like Belushi in Animal House.

Back on topic... I agree that you can't hold Rap accountable for what the audience does. No matter what the song says, we all have free will. It's what we were taught to do with that free will that makes us who we are.

Kudos to the OP.

MVBrutaleRider
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 10:24 AM

Given my little riding at level at the time, I was an idiot. Really wasn't ready for lane splitting on Speer!?!?

Not to say their arent all sorts of guys/asshats that have their girls on their back with no gear, in my view her choice...Just my experience and they aren't only at The Shell. Just like getting on the bike with someone you don't know. Your choice. Hence any of the girls I know who want to get on the back of my friends bike all use my extra gear.
c'mon carrie, we all know that you secretly go and ride with those curb monkeys when no one is looking.

on a side note, why you gotta go and categorize guys as asshats? thats uncalled for.

Zach929rr
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Satistically speaking, the majority of Mountain Dew drinkers are men, therefore her categorizing of men as the proverbial "asshat".

gtn
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Satistically speaking, the majority of Mountain Dew drinkers are men, therefore her categorizing of men as the proverbial "asshat".

Yeah, but not all Mountain Dew drinkers toss their empties out on the highway. Most of us either toss them in the back of our pickups or tuck them under the strap on the back of our bikes where they can blow out naturally. :scramble:

MVBrutaleRider
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Yeah, but not all Mountain Dew drinkers toss their empties out on the highway. Most of us either toss them in the back of our pickups or tuck them under the strap on the back of our bikes where they can blow out naturally. :scramble:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... i didnt get the mt. dew comment at first. good stuff. WOW i feel like an idiot.

- justin

MVBrutaleRider
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 11:03 AM
and for your listening enjoyment.... more aussie hiphop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6glGPYkgzs)

- justin

Mental
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 11:08 AM

Given my little riding at level at the time, I was an idiot...
I have posted pictures of The Mental circa 1989/90. I was the same. I was 19, and I wanted a bike. I walked into the first Kawasaki dealer with no money down and rode away on my first Ninja 250. Had I not been making minimum wage, it probably would have been a 600.

Shorts? Of course, it was hot in Georgia. T-shirt, you betcha! Gloves?!! What?!? I wore the lid becuase I had to, but I bought it becuase it matched my bike, not out of any reaserch. My favorite shoes were my old track spikes becuase I could make sparks on the ground. Never mind the hard plastic made holding the thing up an adventure at each stoplight. Bike were still plaything, I routinely had to chase kids off mine, hell I caught a parent putting his kid on my bike.

I had no mentors, no one to tell me better. It went down the first time within a week., then numerous low speed dumps, and finally I woke up in a mud puddle after knocking myself out taking it off a turn.

The bike sat in my "dining room" (Thats what the security deposit is on your first apartment, an invitation to trash the place!) totalled for a year while I still made high-interest payments on it (I think I probably paid 6 grand for that bike before I was done). Lots of time to examin my riding style, then I picked up a Cycle world wear they profiled various rider myths and I had no idea how bad I was was. It wasn't an immediatte turn around, but a slow change in attitude until I joined the military and finally took my MSF course. That really opened my eyes.

Since then I have really taken a mentor-esque attitude, espcially with my troops, and even non-riders, becuase even they might end up on the back, and the simple fact of the matter is, most folks don't no any better. I routinely sound even more dorky than normal, but who knows, if we all did this, we might actually help somebody.

As far as not respecting women. 2 thoughts.
1. No one will respect someone who doesn't respect themselves. This used to be self evident, but lots of peaple don't respect themselves, so they treat others as a commodity, and treat themselves as currency. The guy/gal who treats a man/women bad is making up for something, the women/men who allow it are also trying to fill a viod.

2. If you were raised by a truely remarkable woman, you will see them all that way, cuz if you don't mamma will whup yer ass. At least mine still will.

Player 2
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 11:43 AM
What about hasidic reggae rappers?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxxuSiC4wNw

gtn
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 11:54 AM

Wow! The intro there should have been "And now for something completely different."

salsashark
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 11:58 AM

Or canadian rappers?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D39Lm_HRfOs

:canuck:

Player 2
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Or canadian rappers?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D39Lm_HRfOs

:canuck:

Ahh.... good ol Snow :D :lol:

or.... Jim Carrey??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja5iF6DXQOs

Sleev
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 11:59 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YHPQ0vRd-5o/R1_7Czzj-MI/AAAAAAAAAvU/FVIR-DMbi00/s200/thats_racist.gif

salsashark
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 12:03 PM
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_WENF5AxFUtU/SQ9BFDbYf7I/AAAAAAAABAE/GSzasK6m3xc/worf.gif

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 12:05 PM
How did we get from the original thread to a commentary on CRap?

A perfect example of the original post, is did anyone see the video of a guy with his G/F on the back, where his buddy was filming out a side window and suddenly to show off he stands it up and she falls off the back? she had no warning and just came off. She had a helmet on, but no other "gear" besides a tank top and jeans. I'm SURE she broke her elbow from the way she landed and had tons of road rash. Just stupid. The girls father should have broken the idiots arms and legs and BALLS if he'd ever caught sight of the video.

Player 2
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 12:08 PM

A perfect example of the original post, is did anyone see the video of a guy with his G/F on the back, where his buddy was filming out a side window and suddenly to show off he stands it up and she falls off the back? she had no warning and just came off. She had a helmet on, but no other "gear" besides a tank top and jeans. I'm SURE she broke her elbow from the way she landed and had tons of road rash. Just stupid. The girls father should have broken the idiots arms and legs and BALLS if he'd ever caught sight of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI7gk9GnGiQ

IT WASN'T ME!
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 12:13 PM

Actually I have listened to quite a bit of rap over the years and that is how I developed my opinion of the genre. If you're honest with yourself about it you will realize that the majority of rap has always been about violence and pimpin. That's OK, you are welcome to listen to it and I am glad you turned out Ok. My point is that many kids do take it to heart and try to live their lives like a rap song. I work with a lot of young men and women and this pimp / ho lifestyle seems to be well ingrained into their social morays. The kids who don't listen to rap don't seen to act this way as much. I am not out to ban rap, it's just a phenomenon I have noticed. I too like a large variety of music and have an open mind about other peoples taste in music. I'm not hate'n, I'm just say'in

I a

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 12:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI7gk9GnGiQ
You ROCK! That's it. Forget almost everything bad I've ever said about you.....:)

IT WASN'T ME!
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 12:23 PM

I think the whole rap thread jack thing is my fault. Sorry.

Player 2
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 12:29 PM
You ROCK! That's it. Forget almost everything bad I've ever said about you.....:)

It's ok Frank, you're still an asshole :lol:

McVaaahhh
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Here's a good read along those lines...

http://www.ex-500.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=3bc26195744f6519c140871a68df22 86&/topic,19460.0.html

Spiderman
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Here's a good read along those lines...

http://www.ex-500.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=3bc26195744f6519c140871a68df22 86&/topic,19460.0.html
:shock: I think everybody who wants to ride a motorcycle should read that!!

puckstr
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 01:58 PM

no doubt. The douche had no gear and no insurance.
Irresponsible ass. When you ride 2-up you are in charge of your passenger's safety.

Horsman
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Totally agree... Good read... Good reminder to never get lazy with riding....

MetaLord 9
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 02:17 PM
+1

Hard to say a guy with rash like that and as guilty a conscious as he has got out lucky, but he damn sure did. I

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 02:38 PM
It's ok Frank, you're still an asshole :lol:
:)

Jason ON
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I've had to turn away girls before because they had no gear. :( Responsibility sucks.

GixxerCarrie
Fri Sep 4th, 2009, 08:37 PM
LMAO...True dat! Must have been a male litterbug too!:)

c'mon carrie, we all know that you secretly go and ride with those curb monkeys when no one is looking.

on a side note, why you gotta go and categorize guys as asshats? thats uncalled for.

lol...those curb monkeys would be peeps like you Justin! lol. And, on this forum we generalize asshats. Then can be male or female. But, in this case they were male asshats.:alien:

chanke4252
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Actually I have listened to quite a bit of rap over the years and that is how I developed my opinion of the genre. If you're honest with yourself about it you will realize that the majority of rap has always been about violence and pimpin. That's OK, you are welcome to listen to it and I am glad you turned out Ok. My point is that many kids do take it to heart and try to live their lives like a rap song. I work with a lot of young men and women and this pimp / ho lifestyle seems to be well ingrained into their social morays. The kids who don't listen to rap don't seen to act this way as much. I am not out to ban rap, it's just a phenomenon I have noticed. I too like a large variety of music and have an open mind about other peoples taste in music. I'm not hate'n, I'm just say'in

I a

There is a lot of violent rock too. Popular music that is typically played on the radio seems usually to be extremely stereotypical of the genre it represents, made for mass consumption. Look at any other genre played on the radio. It's become pretty monotone. It just so happens that the rap cliche tends to be more violent than others. I don't blame rap, because there's just as much good rap out there as any other genre. I blame radio stations and record companies for trying to condense music into very narrow genres to make it easier to package and sell.

So, I guess don't blame rap music, blame the record companies that push that sort of rap.

At least that's what my Ho's tell me.

Zoom
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Wow, thanks for the link. Going to go buy some riding jeans ASAP now and pay up my accident insurance.

OUTLAWD
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 04:02 PM
before I let anyone on the back, I make sure they have a lid (that fits), jacket and gloves, and make sure they at least have on jeans and boots. and I make sure I stiffen up the suspension a bit...

...and I listen to rap music...:alien:

MVBrutaleRider
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 07:41 AM
lol...those curb monkeys would be peeps like you Justin! lol. And, on this form we generalize asshats. Then can be male or female. But, in this case they were male asshats.:alien:

AHEM!!!

- Justin

GixxerCarrie
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 08:00 AM
AHEM!!!

- Justin

LOL..you know I didn't mean it like that!:)

MVBrutaleRider
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 08:18 AM
ahem

- Justin