Curtis's House

jon
rob
mark
curtis

i am forgetting someone :|

Boy Scout
Tue Mar 22nd, 2005, 08:11 PM
i am forgetting someone :|That be it unless Rob #2 is flying out for a few days.

Gramps
Wed Mar 23rd, 2005, 07:57 AM
anymore word on this sully?

Sully
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 10:16 AM
:dunno: ????? I've resigned as his travel agent !

Gramps
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 11:41 AM
too late at this point all trailer space is gone 8)

Player 2
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Errr...?? Who's the late addition?

Wahooman
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 09:43 PM
No late addition....just trailers have been chosen and being prepped. If someone else wanted to go I would have had to known earlier.......
Tom takes 3 on his trailer
I take in the truck and 3 on trailer

One more bike would mean a different trailer...and its too late for that. ;)

Player 2
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Gotcha :D

Gramps
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 12:17 PM
just a reminder

everyone needs to have 4 tie down straps or some system for tying your bike down

if you don't have these i sell them at the store for $4 each

i can just get them for you and make sure they are with the trailer you are assigned to :D

Keyser Soze
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 12:26 PM
I will be in need of some straps..if you wanna pick me up some, I can get you some cash when we do the install if that's cool.

Player 2
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 12:29 PM
Got mine covered...

Gramps
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 06:54 PM
no problem rob

i'll give em to curtis 2morow :D

Boy Scout
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 07:17 PM
just a reminder...everyone needs to have 4 tie down straps or some system for tying your bike downI'm covered.

Wahooman
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 07:42 PM
If you have a "canyon dancer" that would be nice too! Much easier to strap down with one. :idea:
We sell some at Twin Peaks that the Aprilia rep's wife makes. The Aprilia team uses them. You don't have to worry about your fairing and other stuff if you use one. ;)

Sully
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Hey Gramps - could you pm me directions to your place, please ? :)

Gramps
Mon Apr 4th, 2005, 02:01 PM
pm sent :D

Gramps
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 12:42 PM
this is just an option for everyone--

with the weather looking like it's going to be pissy the first part of the week

my suggestion is for ya'll to bring your bikes over on saturday 4-10

that way your bike will be here safe and sound and you can just get yourself here thursday evening

less hassle :D

Player 2
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 01:01 PM
You mean Sunday 4/10 or Saturday 4/9?

I may bring mine over one evening next week. Where am I taking mine, Curtis'?

Gramps
Fri Apr 8th, 2005, 07:20 PM
yeah whateveron the days :D

you know what i mean

yeah you need to take yours to curtis' house probably

Player 2
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Doesn't look like today would be the best day to take mine to Curtis'. Guess we'll have to see how the weather goes this week...

Wahooman
Sun Apr 10th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Throw the tire chains on boys!! (and girl ;) ) HOLY CRAP.....at my house we are burried...opened the front door.....mistake. Wind had built of a nice drift and in came a few feet of snow....oops! Getting ready to take the 4 wheeler out on the streets and pull the sled around with the wife. Should be fun!!
THose of you needing to get your bike to my place. Just watch the weather this week. Knowing Colorado it will be 75 to morrow and dry... :lol:

Wahooman
Mon Apr 11th, 2005, 12:47 AM
Looks like the weather will be nice Wed and Thursday for getting bikes delivered. My trailer is ready to roll.
Rob I have your tie down straps from Tom too.
I am probably going to be putting new tires on the truck this week......Nate hit it on the head when he was speaking about other costs to vehicles involved...5 new tires= $600-700 even owning our facility, but has to be done to make that long of a trip. Also get the oil changed in the diesel....can you say 15 qts. of oil, fuel filter, and oil filter. Time to find a solar powered truck :lol:

Player 2
Tue Apr 12th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Hey Curtis,

Could you PM me directions to your place? Is it ok if I bring the bike over tomorrow or Thursday evening?

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Apr 12th, 2005, 11:48 AM
I've got a canyon dancer if someone needs to borrow it

Wahooman
Tue Apr 12th, 2005, 10:32 PM
So Tom, Nate, and myself decided that we are planning on leaving at 5am....hoping we are out by 6am. My house is open for anyone needing to crash here. All bike need to be at locations by Thursday night. I am packing Wed. night and thursday. Want to have bikes loaded Thursday night and ready to roll in the am.
Gas continues to go up....but nothing we can do about that...guess just eat cheaper :lol:
Nate, Mark, Sully, John, and Rob have all paid for the house plus $30.00 each towards fuel already. I will be putting all fuel on my CC and then dividing up the total when we return for both vehicles. This will be the easiest way to keep track and fair as well.
I think I have directions and maps all done.....Gramps we are taking a different route this time bro none of those redneck back roads that get us in on Sunday afternoon :lol:

?
Wed Apr 13th, 2005, 12:29 AM
5am? D-oh! Well, that's the best way to get there - start early.

I plan to bring my bike over Thursday, after I get it back together. I had compression loss on 1 cyl and I'm doing valves now..... nothing like last minute repairs to make things nice and relaxing for a trip. :o

Gramps
Wed Apr 13th, 2005, 07:07 AM
hey you liked those redneck backroads :lol:

and besides you needed some culture :D

Wahooman
Wed Apr 13th, 2005, 11:44 PM
ONe bike delivered so far...Thanks john. Rob's bike is ready for delivery. Mark how you coming?
Got the truck almost ready....mounted the new tires, and inspected brakes....DAMN! New brakes all the way around too!!! Oh well, has to be done as some point I guess.
Got tools and "garage" type stuff ready to go...gathering my personal items....just throwing it all in a rubbermaid tote...all I need is my leathers and a tooth brush right? :lol:

Player 2
Wed Apr 13th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Thanks for storing it til Friday Curtis... I'll probably end up coming over early Friday AM. I doubt I'll start packing til tomorrow night. Fortunately you only live about 10-15 mins from me...

I left the key in case you get bored and want to take it for a spin... ;)

Boy Scout
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 08:34 AM
just throwing it all in a rubbermaid toteYeah right, Curtis...A rubbermade tote...I heard it was all you could do to get your stuff in A car last year. :lol:

all I need is my leathers and a tooth brush right?MMMMMMM...I just love a man in leathers with fresh breath. :lol:

I'll probably end up coming over early Friday AM.Don't be pullin no "Barn" on us...Hey guys, it's 4am and I just got home. :lol:

Sully
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 09:29 AM
...all I need is my leathers and a tooth brush right? :lol:

:idea: umm.. and a hair dryer ! :D

Also remembered.. that Starbucks doesn't open until 5:30 am... :cry: :coffee: :cry: :banghead: :cry:

Player 2
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 09:51 AM
I'll probably end up coming over early Friday AM.Don't be pullin no "Barn" on us...Hey guys, it's 4am and I just got home. :lol:

I probably will be up til at least 1 or 2am tonight packing and getting ready.

Is ANYONE heading to Wahoo's in the AM instead of staying the night? If so, do you think you could swing by and pick me up on your way? (I'm off of 97th & Lowell... about a 15 minute side trip)

Gramps
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 12:32 PM
hey jon if you're not there in time i will have an extra r1 to ride

looks like it's a win win situation for me :lol:

Player 2
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 12:46 PM
hey jon if you're not there in time i will have an extra r1 to ride
looks like it's a win win situation for me :lol:
I never said I wouldn't be there on time. I just didn't want to have to bring my car and leave it at Wahoo's.... :P

I WILL be there, one way or another. :up:

Boy Scout
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 01:01 PM
hey jon if you're not there in time i will have an extra r1 to rideMaybe we could each use that R1 on our first run...just to get a feel for the road before we take our own bikes through. I think it's equipped with sliders now so it should be fine. :lol:

Player 2
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Maybe we could each use that R1 on our first run...just to get a feel for the road before we take our own bikes through. I think it's equipped with sliders now so it should be fine. :lol:
:321:

:lol:

Wahooman
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Does anyone have a radar detector they can bring tonight or tomorrow.....if so bring it.

?
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 03:18 PM
The GiPper lives! :D

Just got the old beast back together and it runs as well as I remember - silky smooth from idle to 1,000 over redline. Took it out for a quick ride and all is well - no stumble. Compression's good, but it smokes a little. (Not to worry, it's old enough!)

So, all looks good for delivery sometime this evening - about 7 ok? I may just leave the car and trailer there if it's OK, or I can arrange a ride.

I'm doing the same old "toss it all in a Rubbermaid bin" thing. Way better to have a bike that runs, than to have tidy luggage...... :lol:

Wooohooooo - it's Dragon time! :yay:

Player 2
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Hey Curtis, I just realized that I forgot to leave my straps there last night. How late are you going to be up tonight or can I just bring them with me tomorrow morning??

Wahooman
Thu Apr 14th, 2005, 05:49 PM
I should have enought straps....anyone have a radar detector?? Please bring if you do!