PDA

View Full Version : track bike insurance

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Question regarding insurance on a street bike you take to a track. Do insurance companies still protect you if you go down, God forbid you injure someone else, on the track? Or is there other insurance I need to get?

Zach929rr
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 02:00 AM
Depends on company. Some will still cover you in a "non-timed, non-race trackday" from the POV of it bettering your riding skills. I would personally just say you dumped it in the canyons and had a buddy pick you up...

Keepitgreen
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Some companies don't know how to write such policies either as far as how to classify the vehicle.
I used to have 2 bicycles insured for racing worth over 12,000 and the agent finally put them on an inland/marine policy like a four wheeler and boat.

This way it was covered at all times when in use and not. I was a renter and didn't have home owners ins, so she figured this one out for me.

I had to get estimates and a list of what was on the bicycles, but that was easy as I have friends that own shops, no problem..

Joby
(look, I'm up before 9am!)

Dietrich_R1
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 06:21 PM
MY State Farm policy won't cover when its on a track. Anyone else with the same w/ SF???

Of course it's the same agent that told me my KLR 650 was more powerful than my R1, when I asked why it was so frigg'n expensive to ensure it!!!!

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Well thats not exactly what I wanted to hear. I have State Farm as well.

Graphite675
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I had State Farm on my bike in Florida and they did cover trackdays? Had to get a new policy out here with them so now I'm curious if they still cover them. Sounds like they don't out here?

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Guess I will just have to call and act dumb. Once I get ahold of someone I will post and let you know what State Farm says.

Dietrich_R1
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Guess I will just have to call and act dumb. Once I get ahold of someone I will post and let you know what State Farm says.

I have my policy here in HELL, um er, I mean Arizona!

pilot
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Try:

U.S. Insurance Services 2000 Art Museum Drive #4
Jacksonville, FL 32207 800-874-1738

They have several rider packages available and also insure numerous MC training facilities.

http://www.us-insurance.com/

Who knows, they may even do group discounts...:)

PsychoMike
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 08:40 PM
state farm didnt cover my track accident

MikeG
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 11:52 PM

:slap: why act dumb?

sky_blue
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 08:56 PM
My State Farm agent told me he will cover track days, but not races.

Matt
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 07:41 AM
State Farm covers you on track days. I high sided and totaled a 929 at a trackday at PPIR in 2002. I told the agent exactly what happened and where. They asked several times if I was racing (I said no each time). They paid without any fuss.

Skinbabe
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Just call the 800 and ask like you were thinking of getting a new policy but want to see if track days are covered. Let me know what you find out. I work for American Family so I will check with some of my agents and find out. :)

rforsythe
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Depends on company. Some will still cover you in a "non-timed, non-race trackday" from the POV of it bettering your riding skills. I would personally just say you dumped it in the canyons and had a buddy pick you up...

Bike: $8,599 + tax, dealer prep
Insurance: $200 a year
Getting "that call" when your claims adjuster looks on the Internet and sees you talking about how to commit insurance fraud... Priceless.

;)

MikeG
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Getting "that call" when your claims adjuster looks on the Internet and sees you talking about how to commit insurance fraud... Priceless.

;)

:pointlaugh: That was very well said Ralph, I don't know how many times it's been reminded that this is a PUBLIC forum, and any topic on here can be found by even a monkey on Google :applause:

dapper
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 11:26 AM

;)
:imwithstupid:
Getting quoted and unable to edit the quote of alleged insurance fraud...Priceless

PsychoMike
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 11:10 PM
state farm to me no even when i said i wasnt racing at IMI.