PDA

View Full Version : Fay Myers

LD
Sat Sep 5th, 2009, 12:55 PM
So went to Fay Myers the other day... turns out I picked up staple in my back tire.

The guys there are great, I was greeted by name (Even though I don't remember theirs) and they looked at the tire almost instantly.

Instead of charging me 160$ for a new one they gave me a free back tire because of a warranty. The warranty is for wear and tear not road hazards but I guess the boss let them go ahead and get it done for me.

Service was pretty slow, they were really busy but I won't complain. Got a free tire and some time to watch some racing.

Big props to those guys... now if only they can get my new throttle body in.

Btw anyone have a time frame on how long it will take for em to replace a throttle body? Is it better to drop the bike off or wait it out and grab some lunch or something?

LD

AnarchoFuturist
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 09:59 PM
I bought my Gixxer from there a few months ago and I'm very satisfied so far. Salesmen was nice and got me a really good deal on my trade in. Been back to get upgrades and service ever since(for a dealer, the prices aren't too bad).

64BonnieLass
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 10:02 PM
That is awesome news. Thanks for the report. I think people are too willing to bitch, moan and complain, and not enough good positive stuff.

Very cool report.

racedk6
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 12:41 AM
I think people are too willing to bitch, moan and complain, and not enough good positive stuff.

Quoted for the TRUTH!

FALCONSEYE
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Quoted for the TRUTH!

But that's what the internet is for. If you have any problems, go on to internet and complain.

MetaLord 9
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Man, if it's a throttle body, I'd pretty much count on leaving the bike, perhaps even over night. They're gonna have to pull the tank and go to work on the top end. Getting there alone is might be an hour or two of work compared to a tire change, which should really only be a 20-30 min event.

brennahm
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 01:00 PM
^+1

jonny05
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 04:54 PM
I think that those guys are the best. I grew up with Selwyn (tech) and Josh Swift is good as a service manager for sure. Ed Laypo is a great sales guy too. By the way if you buy a bike there drop my name and then they will put 50bucks on my account. he he

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 04:56 PM
By the way if you buy a bike there drop my name and then they will put 50bucks on my account.

All the more reason for me not to.

OUTLAWD
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Btw anyone have a time frame on how long it will take for em to replace a throttle body? Is it better to drop the bike off or wait it out and grab some lunch or something?

LD

if its just a throttle body, its a couple hour job...but why not just do it yourself, then bring it back to have them balance the TB's?

All you have to do is pivot the tank up, remove the airbox, and they are right there

I guess the TB is what was making it run rough?

mdub
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 08:00 PM
yeah..........fay meyers is good for motorcycle repairs. but not to buy a bike....i was looking at the 09 cbr liter....they are pretty tight in with giving a deal....shop around a bit .. found the same bike still in crate at aurora honda...those guys gave me great deal......one place though not to take your bike, is that honda place on sante fe....they suck royally . cant get you bike ready on time...i drop the ball on that one....

PunyJuney
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 08:49 PM
+1 on Britt Honda on Santa Fe, they seem to have no interest in your business and they stripped the screws putting my seat back on...they might as well have welded it