PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day Ride

Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 08:46 AM
I had a blast on Saturday, lets do it again on Monday (because I'm too lazy to be in Morrison at 8AM to join the group today). I'm thinking similar route (Coal Canyon, P2P, 7) unless anyone has a suggestion or wants to go further west. We can meet up north again on 120th & Huron Starbucks, say 830-9?

Heater
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 11:21 AM
How long do you think the ride will be? Just trying to gauge it for work stuff.

k_smittay
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Anyone interested in riding in the afternoon?? 2ish... I have to work and can't do the morning. Coal creek would be fun though. It was pretty sandy on friday night but I imagine that has cleared up a wee bit.

sloridr
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Damn Fella i'd love to join you for Coal Creek. But my wife and I are flying to WA tomorrow. Be back Wed evening how bout a ride thurs. But enjoy the hell out of it rode it today it was a blast. Stay off Golden Gate. Very Very Dirty.

DK74
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Maybe...

niko303
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Dude I have to work ,,I would be there for sure..Got to make the Green ...Had a killer time on Saturday,,sorry my friend...next time..be careful out there and have fun.

eg bter
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Might be down for an early ride

Foolds
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Me as well

Repsol a095
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 07:03 PM
After going out on the early ride today, I would recommend the earlier, the better. By the time we hit the road, (about nine) the traffic was already crappy. We got stuck in a ton of traffic. I would also stay away from Golden Gate as the bottom section is completely sanded.

I bet if you hit the road at seven, it would be a little chilly, but you would have a nice open road in front of you. I would plan on being home at ten though because the traffic is really going to suck!!!

Good luck and have fun!!

Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 08:11 PM
How long do you think the ride will be? Just trying to gauge it for work stuff.

probably be back by noon if we just do the loop i proposed

eg bter
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 08:12 PM
so is this happening then?

Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Maybe...

c'mon... i put a k&n on my bike today as well as went -1 on my front sprocket and installed a speedo tuner... i have to do a serious test ride...

CougarKat
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I'd go.. unfortunately I work :(

sloridr
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 09:11 PM
c'mon... i put a k&n on my bike today as well as went -1 on my front sprocket and installed a speedo tuner... i have to do a serious test ride...
Boy oh boy lou'll love it and that was fast. It gives a nice little extra pep on the bottom. Enjoy the hell out of it. Wish i could join you guys. Next time for sure. It was a good time the other day.

Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Boy oh boy lou'll love it and that was fast. It gives a nice little extra pep on the bottom. Enjoy the hell out of it. Wish i could join you guys. Next time for sure. It was a good time the other day.

lol you probably think i stole your idea - i actually got to thinking about sprockets and realized the stock front from my k8 600 had 16 teeth, freebie -1 upgrade! then i hopped online and found a dude wanting to unload his speedo-fixer and barely used k&n for cheap... the day really came together for me.

sloridr
Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 09:29 PM
lol you probably think i stole your idea - i actually got to thinking about sprockets and realized the stock front from my k8 600 had 16 teeth, freebie -1 upgrade! then i hopped online and found a dude wanting to unload his speedo-fixer and barely used k&n for cheap... the day really came together for me.

No No i don't think that at all. More power to a good day and cheap too. I'm stoked that it all came together so fast for you. I had to pay for ALL my parts. It was my roommate that got all my free hand me downs. Enjoy!!!!!

Sun Sep 6th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Change of plans: New meet @ Hwy 36 & Church Ranch (104th) @ 7Eleven @ 8, KSU @ 830.

PoisonRVT
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Up for afternoon ride if anyone's down, could meet around same area. Can't make it at 8 though.

willb003
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 02:00 AM
I might try and make it for this one.

mopoet178
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 02:57 AM
see you at 8

eg bter
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 07:49 AM
On my way

willb003
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Nice ride.

Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 02:53 PM
indeed.

thank god for a/c.

sloridr
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 04:43 PM
indeed.

thank god for a/c.
So how the bike run with the new goodies???

Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 04:55 PM
So how the bike run with the new goodies???

it rocked in the early part of the day. didnt get to play much after lyons.

sloridr
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 04:59 PM
it rocked in the early part of the day. didnt get to play much after lyons.
Can you tell the difference at all?

Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Can you tell the difference at all?

for sure. right off the line and all through the gears.. even broke traction on the rear while passing once and did a few "unintentional" wheelies. couldnt help myself but to fly down peak to peak today like we were on saturday. got a little far ahead of the group while seeing how the new mods treat me (and they treat me well). i must say i am tempted to come down with the flu and call in "sick" tomorrow.

i just finished the oil change from hell. turned out, the first oil filter i bought had a faulty seal, installed it, let it run for a minute, then pop! and oil went EVERYWHERE. just finally finished cleaning it up by hand, gonna have to bring her to the car wash tomorrow to finish the job...