PDA

View Full Version : OMG...went to HPR today...

RCStylin'
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 05:44 PM
...and it was just about the best day of my life! No kidding. I never really got what these bikes were made for 'till today.:shocked:

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Thats awesome you had a great time. Its time to get addicted isn't it?

Bueller
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Where were you? I was there too.

zerocool
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Forgive my ignorance but what is HPR?

FZRguy
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 08:00 PM
http://www.highplainsraceway.com/

Nick_Ninja
Forgive my ignorance but what is HPR?

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/

Nick_Ninja
Ninjad by John :321:

rybo
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Ninjad by John :321:

he's sneaky like that

Black Phantom
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 08:18 PM

Were you on the black Buell?

Black Phantom
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 08:21 PM
...and it was just about the best day of my life! No kidding. I never really got what these bikes were made for 'till today.:shocked:

I'm addicted, started track days last month and now I can't stop.

RCStylin'
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Shit dude...didn't see you. I was basically in the middle of the paddock with a small white 2WD nissan. I was riding a blue and black gsxr 600...got rid of the RC a few years ago.

I rode with the "slow" group because I needed to learn the track and it worked...by the end of the day I was ready to move up to the faster group. See you next time!

OUTLAWD
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 09:54 PM
i was there too...trailered in with Jeff (last name?) #927 with the 450 powered RS125

I was in the slow group in the AM, because it was my first time out, and I am...well, slow...I won't disclose lap times...but lets just say there is plenty of room for improvement...definately had a blast though

Kitten
Mon Sep 7th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I'm addicted, started track days last month and now I can't stop.

It is very addicting for sure. You going out on the 13th too?

Bueller
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Were you on the black Buell?
Yes I was, but there was a couple of 'em out there.

Shit dude...didn't see you. I was basically in the middle of the paddock with a small white 2WD nissan. I was riding a blue and black gsxr 600...got rid of the RC a few years ago.

I rode with the "slow" group because I needed to learn the track and it worked...by the end of the day I was ready to move up to the faster group. See you next time!
We were up in the north end on the back row by the MRA truck. Too bad we didn't run into each other (not literally), I did the afternoon session in the slow group until the last session when I switched to fast. The street riders got a little scary. Switching to fast put me on the track pretty much by myself at the end.

Black Phantom
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Cool, I love how sharp the Buell turns. You must be the guy that passed me while I was stuck behind the Aprilia and made a sharp turn, looked easy for you :)

Kitten, yes I'll be out on the 13th. I'm also thinking about the 11th. I can see myself going broke now :shocked:

hcr25
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 08:33 AM
It was a good day for sure. I rode more then i have in a long time.
Cant wait for sunday.
Mike

5280ZX6R
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Had a blast as well!!!

cromer611
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 11:50 AM
scott, im still puttin my motor back together, im sure there will be more trackdays after the 13th no?

gixxermike813
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I enjoyed my first time out there as well, thanks again Mike for showing me thelines....lol

hcr25
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I enjoyed my first time out there as well, thanks again Mike for showing me thelines....lol

You are thanking me!? Without you my friend this race season wouldnt would have been a huge mess for my. Roberta and I are truly grateful.

fe911
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 01:36 PM
That was a really good time! Hope everyone was O.K.. The morning sure had a lot of people getting picked up on the trailer, but the Ambulance never moved, which is good! I felt bad for the white and blue yamaha fz400? that lowsided right in front of me on turn 12. I was thinking what a good looking bike it was , then "whoosh" he was gone. Never been that close to one before. Will see you all again soon out there!

gixxermike813
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 02:20 PM
You are thanking me!? Without you my friend this race season wouldnt would have been a huge mess for my. Roberta and I are truly grateful.You two are like family...and yes I'm thanking you, after all you brought "Brandy" for me to play with....lol

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 02:31 PM
So whats the difference at HPR between yesterday and sunday as far as price goes? I saw that yesterday was only $150 for the day but sunday is going to be $200. Does anyone know?

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Sunday is ran by Scott @ Chincane Track days. They have corners staffed and EMS on site.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Well that explains that. Thanks. Just not use to track days costing that much. Usually $110 ish for most places in Cali I ran or $200 for the weekend.

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Pueblo is usually $120 :)

racedk6
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Sunday is ran by Scott @ Chincane Track days. They have corners staffed and EMS on site.

HPR open days are staffed with EMT's on site as well so can you guys please stop trying to infer that they dont.

The Chicane day will have free lunch on Sunday.

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 02:56 PM
HPR open days are staffed with EMT's on site as well so can you guys please stop trying to infer that they dont.

I wasn't attempting to infer that they didn't, nor have I been to an HPR lapping day to know either way. You can can unbunch your panties now.

OUTLAWD
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 03:03 PM

The Chicane day will have free lunch on Sunday.

+1

I enjoy Scott's days just as much as everyone else, and support Chicane as much as my wallet allows me

BUT all the horror stories I've heard about about HPR lapping days were totally abolished after yesterday's experience. Corner workers, ambulance, chill environment, very courteous riders (when getting around my slow back-marker ass), alot of people going down unfortunately, but no serious injuries to my knowledge, the downed bikes were kept off the line and pulled back to the pits ASAP

I left a happy camper, and will hopefully be a repeat customer

fe911
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 03:35 PM
I've been to both open lapping and chicane days and appreciate them both. There are only a couple of differences to me. The most important is the lack of tech at the open lapping days. Seems to be the honor version. But, I can't think of a time when I saw a mechanical issue closing the track. I only saw that once, during the Star class, when someone's oil made an emergency exit from the bike. Bikes, these days are pretty impressive, considering what we are doing to them at the track. I remember when a track day consisted of more wrenching than riding. Now, we can sit back, relax. Not fix leaks, change jets, etc.

hcr25
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Chicane also has instructors available.
Mike

racedk6
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 04:04 PM
I wasn't attempting to infer that they didn't, nor have I been to an HPR lapping day to know either way. You can can unbunch your panties now.

When someone asks the question "whats the difference between an open lapping day and a Chicane?" When you are the first person to respond with they are staffed with corner workers and EMS, that is telling the person that asked the question that open lapping days doesnt have either.

Now for the fact that you have never been to an open lapping day at HPR tells me you were not even qualified to give a valid response to that question.

So for me to tell you to not infer that they dont have a staff and EMT's is not be getting my panties in a bunch, its me tell you to STFU and put your foot in your mouth for trying to answer a question you are in no way qualified to answer. So until you get out to an open lapping day you can stay out of any conversation that has to do with them and how they are run. Because obviously your ignorance blocks any ability you have to make a correct statement about them. :)

racedk6
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Chicane also has instructors available.
Mike

+1 and that is the best thing about Chicane day is Scott bring out a staff of riders to help any new rider to the track or even riders that have been there before but need a little bit more help to get up to the speed they want to be at!

hcr25
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 04:08 PM
also it seemed most of the crashes were guys runnig off the track and falling over in the soft/muddy run off.

Black Phantom
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 04:18 PM
also it seemed most of the crashes were guys runnig off the track and falling over in the soft/muddy run off.

Done that :banghead: but kept it upright. I need to check my tires more often. I also need to make sure I don't run out of fuel :cry:

Is it me or the track had lot's of sand in some of the corners yesterday?

hcr25
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 04:23 PM
the track was dirty. Rain and cars make it worse. next year should be better after the grass and vegitation grows in. Hastings was the same way the first year.

Did you run out of gas in the bike or didnt bring enough to the track?

Also check your brake pads often at HPR
mike

Black Phantom
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Ahh make sense! I was on 11 passing two bikes on the out side and hit sand, I thought I was on my way to a high side, scared the poop out of me. Again, at 13 while coming out to the strait gave it some gas and the back end broke lose. I had to slow down and I was afraid to drop my bike as I didn't want to miss on the 13th. Not sure if me going out of the track was b/c my tires weren't griping or I was afraid.

The bike ran out of gas, I'm suppose to fuel every session but forgot to do it.

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna do some work to the bike before the weekend.