PDA

View Full Version : Got some real bad news today.....

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 10:04 AM
The contracted to Lockheed job I was hoping for in Littleton fell thru this morning. They (Infinity) got the contract, but I wasn't 1 of the 3 of 6 chosen. Looks like I might have to move back to the SoCal desert (China Lake/Ridgecrest) after all.:(

Nick_Ninja
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Nothing is forever. CA has to be better than ID

dirkterrell
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Sorry to hear that, man! :(

Dirk

Devaclis
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 10:20 AM
That sucks Frank. Make the best out of SoCal. Lots to do there and it does not have to be permanent :)

Mental
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Could be worse, could be Nor cal

Mother Goose
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 10:23 AM
NorCal > SoCal

~Barn~
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Nothing is forever. CA has to be better than ID

For real!

IT WASN'T ME!
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Wat's wrong with Nor-Cal? The best sport riding roads in the world are in Nor-Cal.

DevilsTonic
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully your stay there is only temporary!

The best sport riding roads in the world is in North Carolina / Tennessee..Fixed it for ya! ;)

IT WASN'T ME!
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully your stay there is only temporary!

Fixed it for ya! ;)
LOL, no way! They might have the best roads east of the Mississippi, but Nor-Cal has more and better, and more better roads than anywhere.

Mental
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Wat's wrong with Nor-Cal? The best sport riding roads in the world are in Nor-Cal.

The roads are awesome, the problem is they are in Northern California. You can't dig a hole in you yard in Santa Barbra county without the cities permission. Gas is $3.50 a gallon and at least in the Santa Barbra aera the place is on fire 1/2 the year. The other 1/2, those awesome roads are clogged with RVs and rented convertables.

RajunCajun
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Bummer man! Best of luck in SoCal if that's where you end up.

pg_rider
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 12:33 PM
You guys are referring to SoCal like you're talking about LA / San Diego. Ridgecrest is nowhere NEAR the "nice" parts of SoCal, believe me. Not trying to be a black cloud, but I'd rather be in Idaho myself the Ridgecrest, i.e. the Mojave desert... :)

IT WASN'T ME!
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 12:41 PM
The roads are awesome, the problem is they are in Northern California. You can't dig a hole in you yard in Santa Barbra county without the cities permission. Gas is $3.50 a gallon and at least in the Santa Barbra aera the place is on fire 1/2 the year. The other 1/2, those awesome roads are clogged with RVs and rented convertables.
All of that is true about So-Cal too. In fact Santa Barbra IS in So-cal, not Nor-Cal. Plus, in So-Cal you got Smog.

Mental
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 12:53 PM
All of that is true about So-Cal too. In fact Santa Barbra IS in So-cal, not Nor-Cal. Plus, in So-Cal you got Smog.

Ah, that would be why it sucks then.

carry on then, hijack over. I obviously know so little aboitu Norcal, that I thought I was there and wasn't.

On the upside, I have had buddies in the Mojave who freaking loved it. Aside from really liking the work they do, no one messes with them out there. You really just do whatever you want. Bonfires? Dirtbikes? Mad Max style off road vehicles? Unsanctioned desert demo derby? Have at it.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 03:35 PM
You guys are referring to SoCal like you're talking about LA / San Diego. Ridgecrest is nowhere NEAR the "nice" parts of SoCal, believe me. Not trying to be a black cloud, but I'd rather be in Idaho myself the Ridgecrest, i.e. the Mojave desert... :)
You haven't been to the falls, have you?:) Know where Roachcrotch is, do ya?

I lived there from '80-'91, and know the drill. Got me a desert-prepped KX500 I bought out there and haven't ridden in years, so I'd just be out on that a lot in addition to going to lake Isabella on the Gixxer.

Hope I can get something in CO, but......

If I do move out there, it'll be for good. The only reason I'd go is it's a gov't job, and I'd simply be there to do my 20(+) and out at a stable company for the first time in my life. I'm tired of moving, I'm done.

Fark!!!

Horsman
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 03:46 PM
My company was planning on transfering me there(NorCal)... Then I said - you have to pay me to the level of the cost of living I am used to here in Colorado. They decided - we should keep Jon in Colorado... Don't worry Frank, nothing is Permanent - you'll be back before you know it...

CYCLE_MONKEY
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 06:30 PM
My company was planning on transfering me there(NorCal)... Then I said - you have to pay me to the level of the cost of living I am used to here in Colorado. They decided - we should keep Jon in Colorado... Don't worry Frank, nothing is Permanent - you'll be back before you know it...
If I take that job it'll be because I want my 20 (+) and out and there's nothing here for me, so, yeah, basically it will be permanent. You can't count on companies anymore to work there until retirement, so if I can get the gubbament cheese, well, I might just have to take it.:(

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Off work, heading home, and heading out to CA early tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see what the interviews are like, I'm scheduled to talk to some high-level people, like branch head so that'll be interesting. Going to see some of my best friends I haven't seen in anywhere from 5 to 18 years. Even going to bring my helmet and gloves so me and a H/S bro can ride his Hardleys up to the lake.

Y'all have a great weekend.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Good luck. Don't let them see your negative side.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Good luck. Don't let them see your negative side.
Doh! Hey, I'm so negative, I'm positive! (-) + (-) = + :)

Nick_Ninja
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Good luck. You are due.

~Barn~
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Doh! Hey, I'm so negative, I'm positive! (-) + (-) = + :)

Wow.... that math is not a good sign.

FZRguy
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Good luck Frank....let us know how it goes.

arcatacat
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Cali haint so bad. but I'd rather be in NorCal any day.

CaptGoodvibes
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 02:05 AM
Wow.... that math is not a good sign.

HAHAHA!!! I was about to say something

Anyway, FWIW Mammoth is fairly close - and an easy as hell drive. And you can't beat the Kern River for summer fun! I miss the earthquakes... so much less stressful than tornados.