PDA

View Full Version : Skier / Boarders are you getting a pass? Which one?

DevilsTonic
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I'm struggling with the decision on which pass to get for snowboarding this year. I will probably stick to the following mountains:

Copper
Winter Park / MJ
Steamboat
Ski Cooper

I'm torn as to whether I want to get the Super Pass, or the Super Pass Plus, or just a couple 4 passes.

What is everyone else getting?

salsashark
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 11:47 AM
If it's anything like years past, most peeps here go to the dark side and pick up one of the the Keystone/A-Basin/Breck/Vail passes

Can't stand Vail Associates, but the more Intrawest screws up Copper, the less I loath Vail.

~Barn~
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Just like Salsa said, if this goes anything like before, The CSC contingent will overwhelmingly get either the Colorado Pass, or the Summit Pass. The former having the 10 days to use at either Vail or Beaver Creek.

Matty
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Already got my Colorado Pass (Basin/Keystone/Breck and 10 days to use at Vail and Beaver).

And i need to renew my Loveland Mid-week pass.

Sean
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Already got my Colorado Pass (Basin/Keystone/Breck and 10 days to use at Vail and Beaver).
:imwithstupid:
I'm so excited! This is the first real pass I've ever gotten. I got one to Eldora last year. Even at $130 it was a waste of $$.

bulldog
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Got mine to Vail resorts. I even decided to get the new $20 insurance. Anyone see that? Guess if you get hurt, laid off, etc and can't go the rest of the season they will prorate you a refund depending on what part of the season it is.

DevilsTonic
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 12:15 PM
:lol: You're all a bunch of conformist sheep! j/k

I am going to be the odd ball and get a winter park / MJ / Copper pass, just can't decide which one.

All my family goes to copper (which was my preference in years past too), but i'm going to expand my horizons and add another mountain to my preferred list. :) I've never been to WP or MJ, so this could be interesting.

I was never a fan of breck, keystone or vail...never been to a-basin.

bulldog
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 12:17 PM
:lol: You're all a bunch of conformist sheep! j/k

I am going to be the odd ball and get a winter park / MJ / Copper pass, just can't decide which one.

All my family goes to copper (which was my preference in years past too), but i'm going to expand my horizons and add another mountain to my preferred list. :)

I was never a fan of breck, keystone or vail...never been to a-basin. You'll be sorry when you hear of all the cool get-togethers/parties you will be missing!!! Most of CSC has the Vail pass.

Sully
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 12:19 PM
She can still join the parties :bananna:...

bulldog
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 12:23 PM
She can still join the parties :bananna:... That's like being on CSC and not having a bike! Oh wait that is a lot of people...lol

asp_125
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 12:24 PM
I'll go wherever the good snow is and the crowds aren't. I usually plan my season around the various discount cards and 4-pass deals. Some one I know from work has a condo in Fraser so I may be up in WP/MJ. I go to Vail, BC, Loveland, Breck, Copper, not so much Keystone or AB.

Sully
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 12:26 PM
That's like being on CSC and not having a bike! Oh wait that is a lot of people...lol

Yep.. this is more of a social forum about "I want to get a bike, but..." or " my boyfriend has a bike, doesn't that count?" :lol: Oh and don't forget "wang nights" :D

eg bter
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Colorado Pass FTW

MetaLord 9
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Colorado Pass b/c them's the mountains I like. It helps that more folks go to those mountains too since my car isn't snow-friendly and we have no idea what Girlie's vacation time is gonna look like this holiday

Matty
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Colorado Pass b/c them's the mountains I like. It helps that more folks go to those mountains too since my car isn't snow-friendly and we have no idea what Girlie's vacation time is gonna look like this holiday
Looking forward to our "Weekly Wednesdays!!!"

DevilsTonic
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 01:34 PM
You'll be sorry when you hear of all the cool get-togethers/parties you will be missing!!! Most of CSC has the Vail pass.:lol: maybe it's you that will be missing the partays!! ;)

She can still join the parties :bananna:...That's right, I can party and then go back to my little dark corner. :)

MetaLord 9
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Looking forward to our "Weekly Wednesdays!!!"
Word! Month & a half away baby!

Filo
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 01:43 PM
I have (unlike the rest of you drone-zombie-sheep-losers) the Super Pass - WP/MJ/Copper. I never go to Steamboat, so I didn't bother adding them to my pass. This is my 4th or 5th year of that pass, and I have not regretted it.

I don't need to pose to know I am cool (Barn) :lol:

~Barn~
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Sadly, I'm not even getting a pass this year. I'll still be up on the here-n-there, but we'll see how things go.

DevilsTonic
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I have (unlike the rest of you drone-zombie-sheep-losers) the Super Pass - WP/MJ/Copper. I never go to Steamboat, so I didn't bother adding them to my pass. This is my 4th or 5th year of that pass, and I have not regretted it.

I don't need to pose to know I am cool (Barn) :lol:Well at least there's one sane person on here. :)

bulldog
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Well at least there's one sane person on here. :) You two can start your own party while the rest of us are at the Vail resort mountains :hump:

Wyck
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Last year I had 4 passes to WP/Copper but found myself going alone most of the time so this year I got the Colorado Pass along with everyone else.

Filo
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 02:45 PM
You two can start your own party while the rest of us are at the Vail resort mountains :hump:

I always party naked. I would rather party naked with her than with you (I think). Plus, I always bring my own party anyway. By the time me and my posse show up there are another 4 sometimes 5 people at the resort. Straight outta Compton, y'all better make way!!!

Canuck
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Colorado Pass. I would rather support my Canuck brethren (a la Intrawest), but Vail resorts is a better deal all around.
As tradition goes, I'm still going to wait until the last weekend they are onsale.

Tylar
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Summit pass.

salsashark
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Colorado Pass. I would rather support my Canuck brethren (a la Intrawest), but Vail resorts is a better deal all around.
As tradition goes, I'm still going to wait until the last weekend they are onsale.

:up: waiting til the bitter end... or at least until the corporate prices come out.

Matty
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Summit pass.
spend $39 my friend and get the Colorado Pass. You won't regret it. the price of a lift ticket at Vail or BC is $85+.

for the $39 you get 10 days at Vail and/or BC, and unlimited riding during the month of April and on.

Tylar
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 03:13 PM
spend $39 my friend and get the Colorado Pass. You won't regret it. the price of a lift ticket at Vail or BC is $85+.

for the $39 you get 10 days at Vail and/or BC, and unlimited riding during the month of April and on.

Agree 100%, that's what I had the past two years. I went Summit to appease the boss and realistically . . . I just want a pass to feed the need.

bulldog
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I always party naked. I would rather party naked with her than with you (I think). Plus, I always bring my own party anyway. By the time me and my posse show up there are another 4 sometimes 5 people at the resort. Straight outta Compton, y'all better make way!!! Well then yeah, if you party naked, then I am glad you will be over there. lol Sounds pretty gay if you ask me considering you are a guy :slappers:

4 or 5??? Some of the parties we have had up there reach 20+ in a condo suite. Leah, get the Colorado pass, you won't be dissapointed!!

DevilsTonic
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Well then yeah, if you party naked, then I am glad you will be over there. lol Sounds pretty gay if you ask me considering you are a guy :slappers:

4 or 5??? Some of the parties we have had up there reach 20+ in a condo suite. Leah, get the Colorado pass, you won't be dissapointed!!Lol yes I will, I don't like any of those mountains!!

bulldog
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Lol yes I will, I don't like any of those mountains!! Then why did you ask then? Sounds like you already had your mind made up :slap:

~Barn~
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Well then yeah, if you party naked, then I am glad you will be over there. lol Sounds pretty gay if you ask me considering you are a guy :slappers:

4 or 5??? Some of the parties we have had up there reach 20+ in a condo suite. Leah, get the Colorado pass, you won't be dissapointed!!

Oh, you don't?... I thought everybody had a Facebook!

Well lemme introduce you to a couple friends of mine, then...
Nate.... Sarcasm....
Sarcasm.... Nate.

pannetron
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Super Pass Plus all the way!

DevilsTonic
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Super Pass Plus all the way!Picked up mine last night! That's ok for all those that get the colorado pass...less people at WP / MJ and Copper. :P

Matty
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Picked up mine last night! That's ok for all those that get the colorado pass...less people at WP / MJ and Copper. :P
nope ..... since those 2 resorts are smaller they get more crowded.

you want empty runs and lift lines go to Loveland during the week.

Probably my favorite place to ride. I just wish it was a lil bigger and on the other side of the divide. The wind sometimes gets a lil annoying.

DevilsTonic
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 09:31 AM

Probably my favorite place to ride. I just wish it was a lil bigger and on the other side of the divide. The wind sometimes gets a lil annoying.Loveland is too icy too, because of the wind. I used to go to loveland, but realized quickly how much it sucks. I can't usually go in the middle of the week either.

I'm really looking forward to going to steamboat, it's been entirely too long for me.

JonnyD
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 09:39 AM

Probably my favorite place to ride. I just wish it was a lil bigger and on the other side of the divide. The wind sometimes gets a lil annoying.

If you can survive the #2 lift, you can survive almost anything.

You can bet I'll be calling in "sick" a few times to catch Loveland after a big snow!

Matty
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Loveland is too icy too, because of the wind. I used to go to loveland, but realized quickly how much it sucks. I can't usually go in the middle of the week either.

I'm really looking forward to going to steamboat, it's been entirely too long for me.

Regardless of where you go, as long as you're out there shredding and having a good time is all that really matters.

Gainer
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 10:29 AM
No pass for me this year :cry: Damn economy!!! Just got notice of a manditory furlough I have to take before the new year. There goes my pass money. This will be the first in 24 straight seasons that I will not have a pass. At least my bike is paid for.

DevilsTonic
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Regardless of where you go, as long as you're out there shredding and having a good time is all that really matters.Exactly!!

Gregger
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Colorado Pass here, but I get to ride WP/Copper for free because I'm a volunteer medic up there a couple days a month.

Filo
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 01:36 PM

Sorry, a little behind on my thread.

Yes, I and the 3 to 4 girls I invite to my hot tub all party naked. It is a burden, but someone has to do it.

Leah, should we include you next time (hahahahahahahahahaha)...

DevilsTonic
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Sorry, a little behind on my thread.

Yes, I and the 3 to 4 girls I invite to my hot tub all party naked. It is a burden, but someone has to do it.

Leah, should we include you next time (hahahahahahahahahaha)...:lol: Sure so long as Ricky can come along!

Krafty-1
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Colorado pass all the way. Already gots mine. Can't wait!!!!!! Vail is the sh*@!

Cat118!
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 05:58 PM
I'm struggling with the decision on which pass to get for snowboarding this year. I will probably stick to the following mountains:

Copper
Winter Park / MJ
Steamboat
Ski Cooper

I'm torn as to whether I want to get the Super Pass, or the Super Pass Plus, or just a couple 4 passes.

What is everyone else getting?

I will get which ever one you buy me :hump:

wankel7
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 12:45 AM
I'm getting the Copper / WP pass this year. I mainly go weekdays and I can assure you that Copper and WP are about ghost towns on the weekdays...even with fresh powder.

And I love the parking at MJ! Get there early enough you park right by the lodge/lift.

chanke4252
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Mary Jane, Copper for me, I think that's the superpass? I've gotten it for the past 3 or 4 years. I like it. Dealing with the hike up 70 to the summit cnty area is a pain in the ass, but I'll do it occasionally for copper.