PDA

View Full Version : Motor Cops VS Stunters

Matty
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Who you think would win?

I've been on those motorcop training courses. Almost impossible to manuever our bikes through their course. The Kawi's they use have a way tighter turning radius than what ours can do. I was able to get though the first couple of turns before having to put my foot down when i tried.

= Buckeye Jess =
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Now that would be something I'd love to watch!

Captain Obvious
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Evasive and slow speed control, cops win.

Wheelies and stoppies, stunters.

And then the cops stroke em citations for reckless. Cops win again! :)

Valguard
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Counterweight, back brake, and clutch control = win

RajunCajun
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 09:49 PM
it's like comparing a track racer to a stunter. I have a buddy that could do some really cool stuff on a stunt bike but held up traffic on Hwy 1 along the west coast. I can't even wheelie on purpose but left him at every turn. Motor cops are probably better at riding than most riders on the road.

CaneZach
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 10:25 PM
As a former motor officer, I can tell you the things I could do with that half-ton Harley at low speeds was pretty awesome. Work the "gray" area in the clutch, use a little back brake for stability, and I could turn that bike at full lock and full lean, dragging the footboards. It's totally different than stunting though, but the premis for learning how to do both is the same.

derekm
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 11:50 PM
looks fun! I'd do it!!!!

navajowalks
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Counterweight, back brake, and clutch control = win

As a former motor officer, I can tell you the things I could do with that half-ton Harley at low speeds was pretty awesome. Work the "gray" area in the clutch, use a little back brake for stability, and I could turn that bike at full lock and full lean, dragging the footboards. It's totally different than stunting though, but the premis for learning how to do both is the same.

thats something both parties have in common, should be intresting

navajowalks
Tue Sep 8th, 2009, 11:59 PM
still think its a set up

willb003
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Question... What does a yellow harley have to do with this?

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Matty - I think that's when you told me you'd be in Cali, I take it you'll be in attendance?

(( LO LO ))
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Question... What does a yellow harley have to do with this?

It helps grab your attention to the flyer.... Lol!

Matty
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Matty - I think that's when you told me you'd be in Cali, I take it you'll be in attendance?
nope i get out there the following evening.

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Well that sucks!

Xtremjeepn
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 11:07 AM
I've been to a few stunt shows and also watched a couple of Motor cop comps.

The skill is definately in favor of the motor cops. Most of the stuff I see the stunters do is "hap-hazard" and random on bikes set up specifically for it. (HUGE rear sprockets and flat rear tires to make wheelies almost too easy, etc).

If the goal is to ride on one wheel in a parking lot the stunters probably win. Add a tight technical course and the cops have the upper hand.

#1Townie
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 12:32 PM
i think most of you speaking with no idea of riding in lot talk about big sprockets and low tires need to step your game up in the stunt world. no one realy runs low tires any more. from what i am told its to hard to dip circles. the clutch and brake controll it takes to ride slow wheelies is right there with the same as it takes to get around those little cones.

this should be good, cant wait to hear. then again im sure the cops will win. at the same time it is nice to see cops and sport bike riders teaming up like this to put on a good show.

RajunCajun
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 01:28 PM
i think most of you speaking with no idea of riding in lot talk about big sprockets and low tires need to step your game up in the stunt world. no one realy runs low tires any more. from what i am told its to hard to dip circles. the clutch and brake controll it takes to ride slow wheelies is right there with the same as it takes to get around those little cones.

this should be good, cant wait to hear. then again im sure the cops will win. at the same time it is nice to see cops and sport bike riders teaming up like this to put on a good show.

Not to say that you r wrong, cuz I don't really know a lot about stuting, but the few stunters that I do know, have huge rear sprockets that make getting the front wheel up very easy, and run extremely low tire pressure to make the bike more stable at low speeds. About comparing the skillsets needed to be good at both track/street riding and stunting, that's where we disagree. How do you explain a stunter that is pretty good in a lot and can barely ride through twisties? Both, street riders and stunters share basic motorcycle control training, like use of throttle, clutch and body position. But using them in different situations is well,,, different. I think there are acquired skills that are exclusively inherent to each. Learning to stand on a peg and whelie into a circle uses the same basic principles as recognizing appropriate corner entry speed, such as lean angle, proper gear, clutch and throttle controle, right? I can roll into a corner pretty hot but wouldn't even dream of trying a circle whelie. Some skills just aren't transferable by association. Now, that doesn't mean you can't be great at both, but is't hard to be great at just 1, muchless both.

Wondo
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Not to say that you r wrong, cuz I don't really know a lot about stuting, but the few stunters that I do know, have huge rear sprockets that make getting the front wheel up very easy, and run extremely low tire pressure to make the bike more stable at low speeds. About comparing the skillsets needed to be good at both track/street riding and stunting, that's where we disagree. How do you explain a stunter that is pretty good in a lot and can barely ride through twisties? Both, street riders and stunters share basic motorcycle control training, like use of throttle, clutch and body position. But using them in different situations is well,,, different. I think there are acquired skills that are exclusively inherent to each. Learning to stand on a peg and whelie into a circle uses the same basic principles as recognizing appropriate corner entry speed, such as lean angle, proper gear, clutch and throttle controle, right? I can roll into a corner pretty hot but wouldn't even dream of trying a circle whelie. Some skills just aren't transferable by association. Now, that doesn't mean you can't be great at both, but is't hard to be great at just 1, muchless both.

research more info online then your stuck in 02

Zach929rr
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 03:25 PM
It would be most impressive to see someone ride a slow wheelie through the cone-course.

RajunCajun
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 03:35 PM
research more info online then your stuck in 02

so I'm stuck in 02? Is that 2002, or some kind of code or stunter lingo?

It would be most impressive to see someone ride a slow wheelie through the cone-course.

Heck yeah, that would be really impressive!

#1Townie
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 03:42 PM
so I'm stuck in 02? Is that 2002, or some kind of code or stunter lingo?

and yes as my first post said if they are running low pressure and needing big gears they are stuck in the past.

and your from berkly?

tard.

RajunCajun
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 04:00 PM
and yes as my first post said if they are running low pressure and needing big gears they are stuck in the past.

and your from berkly?

tard.

Nope, not from Berkely, just moved here from Denver. And did you just call me a tard?

So, I'm guessing 02 is when stunters made monumental changes in technology and setup. Then yeah, I guess the guys I've talked to are stuck in the past. I'll have to pass on to them that they are outdated, they should get a kick out of that. Thanks for the update.

Kole.S
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Nope, not from Berkely, just moved here from Denver. And did you just call me a tard?

So, I'm guessing 02 is when stunters made monumental changes in technology and setup. Then yeah, I guess the guys I've talked to are stuck in the past. I'll have to pass on to them that they are outdated, they should get a kick out of that. Thanks for the update.

lol. You should just not talk about something you know absolutely nothing about.

RajunCajun
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 04:53 PM
lol. You should just not talk about something you know absolutely nothing about.

The point isn't to have to know everything about something. It's more about being able to discuss a topic where everyone can learn something, noobs like me and you guys, the experts.:jerkoff: And have you guys thought for a second that you don't know everything about what people around the country do and how they do it. If I've seen guys doing this kind of thing in multiple states and talked to them about it and asked questions and checked out gear, then it would be logical to assume that these are somewhat standard practices, right? And if you think a bunch of stunters don't use huge sprockets and reduce tire pressure, I should be tallking more, not less about the subject because you have something to learn. Maybe it isn't the newest way but it is still common.

Yeah, I don't know much about what you guys do and I don't pretend to. On the other hand, I don't need some chump telling me what I have seen, multiple time, with my own eyes.

Kole.S
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 05:03 PM
The point isn't to have to know everything about something. It's more about being able to discuss a topic where everyone can learn something, noobs and you guys, the experts.:jerkoff: And have you guys thought for a second that you don't know everything about what people around the country do and how they do it. If I've seen guys doing this kind of thing in multiple states and talked to them about it and asked questions and checked out gear, then it would be logical to assume that these are somewhat standard practaces. And if you think a bunch of stunters don't use huge sprockets and reduce tire pressure, I should be tallking more, not less about the subject because you have something to learn.

Yeah, I don't know much about what you guys do and I don't pretend to. On the other hand, I don't need some chump telling me what I have seen, multiple time, with my own eyes.

That post was even dumber then your first 2.

#1Townie
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 05:06 PM
The point isn't to have to know everything about something. It's more about being able to discuss a topic where everyone can learn something, noobs and you guys, the experts.:jerkoff: And have you guys thought for a second that you don't know everything about what people around the country do and how they do it. If I've seen guys doing this kind of thing in multiple states and talked to them about it and asked questions and checked out gear, then it would be logical to assume that these are somewhat standard practaces. And if you think a bunch of stunters don't use huge sprockets and reduce tire pressure, I should be tallking more, not less about the subject because you have something to learn.

ok bud time for school for you. yes if you come accross a newb stunter you will see low tire presure. this is cuz they have not yet figured out how to balance the wheelie. most and yes 90% of stunters dont do this. it causes more harm then good. the big sprocket thing is just a persons choice. i used to have a 74 on the rear. look at some of my photos ive posted on here. thing is the bike would run out of gear in circles. so i was told. i cant ride circles. i cant even hardle do slow shit. im not a stunter. i like to try to think i am somtimes but im not.

as for your thoughts on people in other places doing other things let me inform you about this little place called stunt life. sorry bud but this website alows riders from all over the world to talk and exspress diffrences in how to do tricks and sling shit at one another. great place to learn if you arnt a jack ass. theres another one some of the guys from here are on. i cant remember what it is. so yes most riders do talk as do you. you are in cali talking on a colorado forum. is it that hard to think maybe stunt riders are doing the same thing??

but no good up on you for telling kole he doesnt know shit. wish i was as good as him. maybe you should have stopped when both kole and cory"wondo" told you that you were stuck in the past.

stay in cali..... they need more people like you..

RajunCajun
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Oh, #1Townie, you must have misunderstood me. I wasn't referring to skilz when I used the term, chump. I was talking about you. You are the one telling me what people do and don't do. I know what I've seen and yeah, if those guys are really inexperienced stunters, so be it, good to know, I guess. Just trying to learn something.

And I've been in Cali about a month, so what does that have to do with what I've seen some stunters, or noobs or wonnabes, do? It certainly has nothing to do with a national or worldwide stunter site. And what does that have to do with me, staying in touch with my friends in Denver? Not much...

#1Townie
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 08:33 PM
its communication jackass. i was using you being in californa and talking with people in denver or colorado or any where. thats what i was getting at. you said that how do we know what other people are doing in other states. i responded to that.

but no realy cum guzzler stay in cali they for sure need more idiots voting.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 08:36 PM
its communication jackass. i was using you being in californa and talking with people in denver or colorado or any where. thats what i was getting at. you said that how do we know what other people are doing in other states. i responded to that.

but no realy cum guzzler stay in cali they for sure need more idiots voting.

Be nice #0Clownie.

navajowalks
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 09:28 PM
watch the very end of this video, thats brake, throttle and clutch control all on one wheel!

skills transfer to other aspects of riding when you have em like that guy...

i think i read someone talking about going into a corner compared to a circle wheelie, not trying to start anything cause i belive that their totally different in my eyes, but would you or anybody you know go into a corner on the rev limiter.....

#1Townie
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Be nice #0Clownie.

i dont wanna!!:scream1:

Kole.S
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 09:45 PM
UPDATE so 2000 and late...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llvvAygcAUE

navajowalks
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 10:02 PM
watch the very end of this video, thats brake, throttle and clutch control all on one wheel!

skills transfer to other aspects of riding when you have em like that guy...

i think i read someone talking about going into a corner compared to a circle wheelie, not trying to start anything cause i belive that their totally different in my eyes, but would you or anybody you know go into a corner on the rev limiter.....

just realized i didn't put the video in haha :siesta:

http://vimeo.com/3183124

CaneZach
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 10:18 PM
UPDATE so 2000 and late...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llvvAygcAUE

Did you really just quote the Black Eyed Peas?

Zach929rr
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 10:24 PM
http://vimeo.com/3183124

That is some of the most insane riding I have ever seen. Good stuff :up:

Kole.S
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Did you really just quote the Black Eyed Peas?

who are the black eyed peas?

derekm
Wed Sep 9th, 2009, 11:44 PM
http://www.zrxoa.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31405&stc=1&d=1079671465

NICKLEBACK! WOOOOOOOOO!

sp0rtygrl
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 12:15 AM
After watching that video it makes me want to go out and practice some wheelies, they make it look so easy. My first time trying it took about 20 or so attempts and only had two good wheelies (and they weren't all that great). :(

derekm
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 09:06 AM
yut-uhhhhhhg!

#1Townie
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 09:29 AM
o shit we have a declaration of yught ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick_Ninja
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 09:34 AM
"And don't wear gloves."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4F94DnATY

#1Townie
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 09:48 AM
HEY CAJUN DID YOU TAKE THAT GUYS CLASS??

Nick_Ninja
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Back off #0Clownie :alien:

#1Townie
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 09:56 AM
fuck that. and if he feels so picked on he shouldnt have talked shit on a topic he knew nothing about. you dont ever see me posting in the carvers or race sections do you?

Nick_Ninja
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Chill foo.

#1Townie
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 10:03 AM
i am chill. im just bored and having fun.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Go repo a stroller.

#1Townie
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 10:08 AM
the fucking truck is broke and in the shop!!!!!!!!!! or i would..

RajunCajun
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 10:35 AM
HEY CAJUN DID YOU TAKE THAT GUYS CLASS??

Ha, nope, but that is funny. Someone should kick his ass and put that on youtube.

I never had any desire to spend all my riding time in a parking lot. "Most" of the stunt guys (that I've had the misfortune to ride with) are a bunch of squidy pricks that cant ride for shit outside of lot anyway so I usually don't want to ride with them. Seems like you'd want to turn that stereotype around for your boys, but I guess not. I know there are a some really cool, talented riders on this site, that are into stunts. Too bad for them you don't rep like they do.

Those guys from the earlier vids are amazing, though! I'd bet they can handle a bike anywhere, including twisties. Wow!

Back off #0Clownie :alien:

It's cool Ninja, we're just funnin around, ya know. I'm done with this dude anyway, so no worries.:up:

fuck that. and if he feels so picked on he shouldnt have talked shit on a topic he knew nothing about. you dont ever see me posting in the carvers or race sections do you?

This is it for the childish pissing contest. You wonna make more of it, look me up anytime. But, for the last time, I didn't talk shit. I made a comment on what I've seen and you told me nobody does that anymore, which is wrong. Apparently, only noobs do that kind of thing but how many noobs are out there, compared to seasoned, skilled riders? I didn't tell you or anybody else how to ride, just what I've seen, see the difference. Peace....

#1Townie
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 11:08 AM
what do you mean by look you up?? and what are you talking about with the rep thing? the way i post has anything to do with the way other people ride? did you not read my early post about how im not even a stunter? what in the fuck are you talking about? what, you think i have never dragged knee? you think i have never rocked the twisties? im sorry i chose to stunt but the so called twisties in this state are weak. so i went with the next best rush. wheelies.

so the childish games aside. i have spent alot of time in the moutains around tahoe. i have done the twisties and do miss doing rides around tahoe but i love stunts. to sit up on the tank and clutch that bitch up is a fucking blast. the pics in my sig are all me and are not photo shoped. so do trust me if i talk about wheelies. im not nearly as good as most of the denver stunters but i know a little. the things you chose to argue with me on i know better. you had to come in here and open your mouth about this and that but yet you know nothing.

you know what you have been told and that is it. you havnt even learned anything from a real rider. what you have learned would be the same as learning from the squid at the local shell telling you not to counter stear. so please understand that while i may have had fun with this and with you, your little comment about look you up i will take as hastile. ill never be in berkly but the next time im in sac or another cali town i like ill take you up on that offer.

the guys going up against those cops are fucking good and i wish i could be there to watch. they are not some after school wannabes hoping to hang with the popos.

Spiderman
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 11:31 AM
http://www.lawlblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/argue.jpg

navajowalks
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 11:34 AM
:banghead:

#1Townie
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 11:50 AM
or maybe its just bordom. im having alot of fun.

RajunCajun
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 11:51 AM

LMAO! Can't really argue with that, either;)

#1Townie
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 12:02 PM
it could be a bit more creative. the first time i seen that thing was in my very first flame war.

ooo so many years ago.

derekm
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 12:48 PM
this thread fails anyhow... who gives a poop whats going on in cali, but they did get a guiness world record holder....:slappers:

navajowalks
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 02:06 PM
or maybe its just bordom. im having alot of fun.

kinda like when we got into it, but you took it a little more serious uh????

Devaclis
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 02:14 PM
You bitches are just gonna kiss and make up, huh? Man, frontin' weak ass game goin' on here..

navajowalks
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 02:38 PM
You bitches are just gonna kiss and make up, huh? Man, frontin' weak ass game goin' on here..

what? who are you talking to?

BHeth
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Anyone who chooses to make their living as a cop has already lost, they just don't know it.

Devaclis
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 02:39 PM
what? who are you talking to?

LOL, sarcasm is lost on the intardwebz.

Midget Hellion
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 02:45 PM
This thread owes me TREE-FIDDY!

Devaclis
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 02:46 PM
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=207&pictureid=11669

navajowalks
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 02:57 PM
LOL, sarcasm is lost on the intardwebz.

lol yeah no doubt

derekm
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 03:09 PM
this thread has aids....

#1Townie
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 12:27 AM
its cool my crabs ate the aids!!

derekm
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 09:16 AM
FREEZE!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dhZfYTDXBFQ/Ruo5cJZDM4I/AAAAAAAAAKs/UsTA42lAQ7A/s320/bike_cop.jpg