PDA

View Full Version : Needed - Machine shop near Highlands Ranch/Littleton

Devaclis
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 07:37 AM
I need to have the hub of a wheel milled down a little bit and some zinc coated spacers made. Anyone have a reputable shop they can recommend for me?

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 08:12 AM
You can use my mill if you want.

Put it in manual mode and it would probably only take a few minutes...

Nick_Ninja
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 08:12 AM
I need to have the hub of a wheel milled down a little bit and some zinc coated spacers made. Anyone have a reputable shop they can recommend for me?

Anything to do with wheels. It isn't in Littleton but ............close

http://www.woodyswheelworks.com/

Devaclis
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Thanks Dean but I certainly do not have the skills to make this bracket:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/devaclis/FBrkt.jpg

And turn down the wheel hub and make spacers. If i did, I would come packing with a bottle of good vodka for ya :)

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Thanks Dean but I certainly do not have the skills to make this bracket:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/devaclis/FBrkt.jpg

And turn down the wheel hub and make spacers. If i did, I would come packing with a bottle of good vodka for ya :)Well then, that certainly changes things. The hub and spacer are cake. The bracket is cake too, but I would program the machine and CNC it instead of manually cutting that part.

I know this sounds lame, but I've been pretty depressed over the 'no jobs out there' thing. I have other people who need parts and I just can't seem to find the drive to go out into the garage and start making parts.

Perhaps a cup o' tea and some meditation!

Devaclis
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 09:08 AM
If you found the motivation, I would pay you whatever you wanted to help me out :) You are, after all, a perfectionist. that is what I need.

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 09:19 AM
If you found the motivation, I would pay you whatever you wanted to help me out :) You are, after all, a perfectionist. that is what I need.I don't charge my friends for things like that. Maybe I should and it might give me the extra motivation.:lol:

I probably could make money with the machine. It's not a production machine, so the duty cycles could be pretty hard on it if I used it to make money.

Devaclis
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Yeah, but you are in a a situation where you have a skill, that I do not, and I need help! Charge me and getter done!!! haha I am trying to get this stuff done this weekend. Help me OB1!

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Yeah, but you are in a a situation where you have a skill, that I do not, and I need help! Charge me and getter done!!! haha I am trying to get this stuff done this weekend. Help me OB1!I'll give ya a call. I'm trying to light a fire under my ass and get things rolling with side stuff. Perhaps if I can get enough, it will get me a little farther down the road. This weekend I'm busy finishing up a small remodel. That gets me enough money for another month. After that...:dunno: