PDA

View Full Version : MRA Cornerworker Training - Apr 1/2!

Anonymous
Thu Mar 24th, 2005, 04:53 PM
It's that time of year again! We'll be doing our annual MRA corner worker training class here in about a week and a half. Here are the details:

When: The evening of Friday April 1 from 6pm until 9:30ish, and all day Saturday April 2 from 7:30am until 5pm.

Where: The April 1 portion will be at the Fay Myers clubhouse. This is located on the 2nd floor of their building, and is a much better room for the classroom portion of this stuff than the wet, cold building at SCR. There is a door on the side, to the right of the main entrance, which goes directly up to the room. The April 2 portion will be at the CDR track, and will coincide with the MRA race school that day. Saturday's training will be 100% hands-on.

Who should attend? Anyone who wants to be a corner worker! It isn't mandatory, but we do highly recommend it, even if you've been a corner worker before. There is just a lot more we can teach you over several hours, than we can in a half hour before a race. Also, if you're new to corner working, you MUST attend this class if you want to work the AMA races this year at PPIR! We are only going to allow experienced and/or trained people to work during the AMA because of the level of scrutiny involved, so this class will get you there.

If you haven't been a corner worker before, I encourage you to come check it out! It's a lot of fun, and you definitely get the best seat in the house. The pay isn't great, but we do provide your lunch and some drinks, and you will have a great time if you like bikes.

Holla' with questions, otherwise I will see you there on April 1 and 2!

Dysco
Thu Mar 24th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Standard $50 for Saturday or what?

also... mind if I show up AFTER the REI garage sale? ;)

Anonymous
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 03:15 PM
Bump! Come learn some stuff...

$25 for Saturday (trust me, you will have a lot of free time on your hands) and we cater in lunch.

NineTwoFour
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 03:47 PM
Ralphy,
Kristie and I will be there for the morning... then I'm going to do a little riding in the afternoon.

Anonymous
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 03:54 PM
K. dunno if you will be paid for half day only, just FYI.