RajunCajun
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Sweet! Yours?

Canuck
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Ah yes. The sexier Ducati :hump:

asp_125
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 02:44 PM
There was a Bimota at the last HPR, next to the Salt Lake City team's awning. Drooool...

Devaclis
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 02:47 PM
wow that is a nice looking race bike. Is that swingarm composite?

kawasakirob
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Sweet! Yours?

I wish. This is a going to be Bimota's platform for the new Moto2 category which will be replacing the 250cc GP. Man it looks sexy. Would not mind the DB7 in the backgound though

racedk6
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I wish. This is a going to be Bimota's platform for the new Moto2 category which will be replacing the 250cc GP. Man it looks sexy. Would not mind the DB7 in the backgound though

Its funny to see an exotic company like them building a chassis just to have a Jap (honda 600rr) engine thrown it!

Sweet bike tho for sure, I am looking forward to this new class.

rybo
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Its funny to see an exotic company like them building a chassis just to have a Jap (honda 600rr) engine thrown it!

Sweet bike tho for sure, I am looking forward to this new class.

This is really all that Bimota has ever done. They build awesome chassis and then put already developed motors in them.

For reference, the first letter in the Bimota model name is the first letter in the engine manufacturers name:

DB5 (the bike at the races) Ducati
SB8 - Suzuki
YB11 - Yamaha

The swingarm on the moto 2 bike is clearly welded aluminum.

It's going to be a cool class, but I'm going to miss the 2 strokes.

s

kawasakirob
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Did not know that. Interesting bracket set up that the pegs are mounted to. Beautiful welds on the swingarm.

rybo
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Did not know that. Interesting bracket set up that the pegs are mounted to. Beautiful welds on the swingarm.

Yeah, at this point it's clearly in "prototype" stage, they are still working out the ergos, so they made a multi position bracket for the rearsets. I'm guessing in final form it will be much more elegant.

Notice the "hybrid" type frame with the engine/swingarm mount being a piece of machined aluminum and the main frame being either tubular steel or aluminum. Also the adjustable swingarm pivot, where height can be changed by using different spacers in the oval slot on the machined piece.

kawasakirob
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Yeah the linkage looks interesting. Seems like a lot of stress to be put on the verticle piece. Swingarm has to be mounted to the engine. The bracing does not look that strong to accomodate both. No calipers, No cables, Everyday rotors, can't wait to see it fully dressed, although the raw look does look mean. Interesting