PDA

View Full Version : EXCEL YAMAHA

Chris
Fri Mar 25th, 2005, 12:37 AM
I rode into excel Yamaha on Colfax on my R1 looking to trade it in possibly on a R6 and had a shitty experience. Both my salesman and the sales manager were pricks.

First off the salesman wanted to run my credit as soon as we sat down and before we talked about what my trade was worth or the price on the bikes.

First off they come back and tell me my R1 was worth $3k, which is BS. Then tried to sell me a R6 for ~$10,000

After we talked a bit about how much they would want plus my bike, the guy basically told him to not waste his time.

The sales manager came out basically told me the same thing, with a prick like smirk on his face. Because I was going to take the price out and have some shop across town beat it. And to come back when I was serious about buying.

The salesmen’s name was Alvarez BTW.

The funny part was when the corporate office guys (who are very nice) called me up to follow up, and I told them about how I was treated, and how I bought a new GSX-R from RPM down the street the same day.

Keyser Soze
Fri Mar 25th, 2005, 03:38 PM
I worked there for 3 days on the sales floor before I quit....it sucked...just couldnt work with the people.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Mar 25th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Congrats on buying a real bike!!!

Brizz
Fri Mar 25th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Yeah a real bike :roll:

Chris
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 06:09 PM
The new bike is very sweet.

ROBZ600RR
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Chris that sucks they treated you like a piece of crap instead of a customer. What GSX-R did you buy?

R1chie
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 05:01 PM
My experience with them is similar, I would not purchase anything from Excel

Chris
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 11:05 AM
Chris that sucks they treated you like a piece of crap instead of a customer. What GSX-R did you buy?

a 600. yellow.

R1Blue01
Thu Mar 31st, 2005, 03:00 PM
I have heard that a lot about that company. I have they have a very large turn over ratio, not only in sales, but also in service and in parts. They seem to be advertising for every position frequently.

ogar64
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 02:38 PM
The only Excel that I have been to that worth a crap is the South Honda store.

Monkey
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 03:05 PM
I had no problems when I got my bike from excel, but at the time my friend was the finance mgr, and I knew a couple of the sales guys. IMO the best salesman they ever had there was 'jay', last I heard he's the sales mgr at the south store, good guy..

Perhaps I'm just spoiled because of who I knew...

jontflesh
Mon Apr 18th, 2005, 01:53 PM
I am chiming in a bit late but Excel lost my buisness years ago due to the same kind of problems, Awful sales dept who just lie to your face, service department who have VERY little service ect.

I am not sure who I would buy from locally anymore, I have a hard time trusting a lot of dealers after my 4 year hell dealing with Excel.