PDA

View Full Version : Let's celebrate Dirty South style at Spankey's

Ninja2
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 04:29 PM
We have plenty to celebrate, despite 9/11.:cheers:

When: Fri, 9/11 at 7pm
Where: Spankey's Bar and Grill, 445 E Cheyenne Mtn Blvd # G
Colorado Springs, CO 80906-4570
Then what: Maybe Blondie's if Mofo shows up?!

Directions:
From I-25, take the CO-115 S/TEJON ST/NEVADA AVE exit, EXIT 140, toward NEVADA AVE
Head south onto S NEVADA AVE.
Turn LEFT onto SOUTHGATE RD.
Turn LEFT onto E CHEYENNE RD.
445 E CHEYENNE RD # G is on the RIGHT.

A friend's dad owns the place, I'm still working out discounts. So the more folks show the better the prices, I assume.

Northies are welcome. Unfortunately I cannot post under Social Events and waiting for RYBO to give me permission.

Tipys
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 09:14 PM
We are the dirty south we don't use the Social Events section. Just ask Spiderbob he had to cross post to invite us.

Kitten
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Interesting? I may see what the dirty south has to offer. I will be doing the track day in Pueblo and will need to eat anyways. Is there parking for a trailer at or by this location? I will have to kill an hour or two as the track day will end at 4 or 5. Decisions decisions. I am a little intimidated by the "dirty" southerners!

Mental
Thu Sep 10th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Stop calling us southerns. We're southies, stoopid northie.

But it appears the place is in a shopping center, so yeahm there should be a place to put your trailer.

...it may not have wheels on it when you go to leave, but you can park it.

PoweredMotives
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 02:52 AM
haha Yes there is trailer parking it is in a strip mall kind of thing... I may have to come out...

Nick_Ninja
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Damn. A place called Spankey's must be a party. :up:

Ninja2
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Damn. A place called Spankey's must be a party. :up:

Why? Do you like getting spanked?
Does this mean you will be there? I'd like to meet the infamous Nick Ninja - finally!

Nick_Ninja
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Why? Do you like getting spanked?
Does this mean you will be there? I'd like to meet the infamous Nick Ninja - finally!

No.

Pandora-11
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Infamous for sure.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Infamous for sure.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ninja2
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 10:03 AM
No.

OK. You'll just continue to be this mysterious know-it-all to me.
I assume it is a "no" and "no" to my original question :)

Nick_Ninja
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 10:05 AM
OK. You'll just continue to be this mysterious know-it-all to me.
I assume it is a "no" and "no" to my original question :)

Yes.

Ninja2
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 01:11 PM
I still cannot post under "Social Events." Someone pls create a link to the Social Events section. Please!

Bashed
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Bashes are a go!
Cannot let this special moment pass
without showing.
Peace,
The Bashes

y_merkle
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Gonna have to pass on this shindig tonight as I have a charity functon to attend. Everyone have a great time and get down dirty, dirty style!

Kitten
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Just to let everyone know the native southerners can't seem to get the directions right. The address is right but the directions are incorrect.

Drift
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Well gang, I tried. :banghead:

I know I may not be the brightest of people...but I rode around for about 45 minutes up-n-down every road and alley in that area and could not find this place...or even see what looked like a grouping of bikes parked outside someplace...so alas I returned home :(

gsxrscott
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I think Wendel couldn't find the place either. My son had a football game in pueblo.

Pandora-11
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 10:07 PM
I sorry too. I was soooo tired....and have a busy weekend that I copped out.
Wasn't feeling very social. I hope some of you showed up for Ninja 2 and her bike night.

Ninja2
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 10:57 PM
I am so sorry. Spankey's is on Cheyenne Mtn Blvd. But the directions I provided are to Cheyenne Road. Cheyenne Mountain Blvd is just 1/2 mile further south on Nevada by that Albertson's. I'm not sure what went wrong when I used Mapquest for directions.

Yeah, we still had a pretty good turn out and lots of laughs - about me and my broken bike... .

Ninja2
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 10:58 PM
And pls let me know in case you ever need directions :-)

Kitten
Fri Sep 11th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Your are better than a gps...:)

PoweredMotives
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 12:24 AM
It was nice to meet you all that were there! Hope to meet up again!

GSXRJOHNNY
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Ok, it was a little difficult to find this place, but it was found by a good number of us. I had to commit a cardinal man sin and ask people where this place might be. I found it with the help of a very nice CSPD officer. We all had a great time, sorry you missed it. It was worth the extra effort. We also learned sometimg last night, don't let Ninja2 map out rides or bike nights. That is unless you like the challange of getting lost....:crazy:

GSXRJOHNNY
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 07:43 AM
I think Wendel couldn't find the place either. My son had a football game in pueblo.

Even Wendell and Vita found it.

Ninja2
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 08:52 AM
I am already planning next week's bike night. Here some clues, you'll have to do the rest of the work on your own & let's see who finds it.

You will take this exit

to get here

But be careful of those on the way

We are now getting close to the parking lot

And here's where we'll have Bike Night

Clear as mud? :)
And if you still can't find it, look for bike with the tail light on :hibye:

Kitten
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 09:47 AM
You crack me up! By the way what if your lights aren't on because the battery is dead as we got lost because the address is really Cheyenne Mtn. Blvd.? How will we find you as you do not answer your phone because you are riding around aimlessly trying to find the place you chose for bike night? Just asking...:)

COS Mille
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Yea, we found it, more than an hour late LoL, Still as alwauys a good time. We might have been ther emuch sooner if somebody...........anybody (GSXR Johnny) would have answered the phone!!!!!!! Scott Thanks for the text.......The north side of South Gate is a strange place, found a funny little dive of a bar with a bunch of hoochie girls running around.....no I didn't stop and ask them directions...!!! Anyway, nice to meat some new folks, welcome to the Dirty South!

Bashes......you get lost too!

Bashed
Sat Sep 12th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Sorry the Bash's didn't make it (this is krissy by the way) but Krissy got super confused between what the directions on the thread were and what Bash said they should be .....and Mikey was a little grouchy (as only he can be with his wifey) from long ride to Mexico and back, then a few day's at work. We will just leave it at The Dirty South jello wrestling on a slip -n- slide was on in Casa de Basho. Definately not is a XXX film kinda way!!!!! :slap: