PDA

View Full Version : Need Help ... advise strongly required

d2deluxe
Fri Mar 25th, 2005, 03:24 PM
I just bought a bike off of the internet and i was very lucky cause the person i bought it from was very up front and honest. I have a 2003 R6 with around 5000 miles on it my question, what should i do as far as servicing it, i am not really good with tools but is it really worth it to take the bike and pay at least 250 to have it worked on for just general maintance.

thanks in advance

Anonymous
Fri Mar 25th, 2005, 03:28 PM
First off, learn about working on it. It is trivially simple to change the oil and do some other basic things to it (chain lubing, other fluid checks, tire pressure, etc).

Beyond that, I'd recommend either TK or TFOG to do the more difficult stuff. Not knowing where in CO you are, there are also reputable shops in the northern and southern parts of the state if Denver isn't your bag.

EliR6
Fri Mar 25th, 2005, 03:29 PM
What do they want to charge you $250 for? No, it's not worth it, IMO. There are plenty of folks around here (including me) who would probably be willing to help you do the work yourself, or do it for you at a fraction of the cost. By the way, if you're getting these prices from dealers, try places like TK and TFOG and see if they'll do the same work for less. Both are good shops, from what I hear.

Eli

EDIT Ralph beat me to it.

Fly boy
Fri Apr 1st, 2005, 07:08 AM
I had my oil changed, new filter, new Air filter, new plugs, lubed chain.

Felt a difference if u can believe it.

I had Gixxstunna do it, hes on the site.

R1Blue01
Fri Apr 1st, 2005, 07:53 AM
That's the nice thing about bikes, you don't have to be really good with anything to work on them. They are pretty simple. If you need any help, please ask. I'd be more than willing to help.
Also, I did see a motorcycle maintenance class advertised in the mag you can pick up at Performance Cycle. You use your bike, do the work and use their tools. It will cost you $35.00. If you are interested in something like that, I can get you the number/e-mail addy.

Good luck and congrats on your purchase.