PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Wrangler tires

wiseguy
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Folks,

Its that time of the year when I need to buy new tires for my Jeep Wrangler before the winter season. Discount Tire Direct seems to be having the best deals (as you avoid sales tax) - they ship it directly to Discount Tyre store and then you pay for the installs.

Anybody know of a better place w/better deals? I am looking at Goodyear DuraTrac tires for Rubicon (LT245/75R16)

thanks
-Manu

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I know there are a few people here connected with tire places. I don't remember who they are though :( Hopefully they will chime in.

dchd1130
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Folks,

Its that time of the year when I need to buy new tires for my Jeep Wrangler before the winter season. Discount Tire Direct seems to be having the best deals (as you avoid sales tax) - they ship it directly to Discount Tyre store and then you pay for the installs.

Anybody know of a better place w/better deals? I am looking at Goodyear DuraTrac tires for Rubicon (LT245/75R16)

thanks
-Manu

hmm... I wonder how they do that. If they have a sales tax license in the given area they would be required to charge the applicable taxes. Maybe they set up a different company for this.

Tipys
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Its just like not paying taxing on stuff you buy online if your from a different state then there warehouse.

Also if you get a better quote the store with beat it.

wiseguy
Mon Sep 14th, 2009, 09:34 PM
hmm... I wonder how they do that. If they have a sales tax license in the given area they would be required to charge the applicable taxes. Maybe they set up a different company for this.

Yeah its a different company

Discount Tire vs Discount Tire outlet .. loopholes..

Keyser Soze
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Folks,

thanks
-Manu

I have a set of 5 pretty much brand new 31" 10.5" All Terrains on the stock wheels. I'm in WI, but could ship if you're interested.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/Mean1967/IMG_1404.jpg

dchd1130
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Its just like not paying taxing on stuff you buy online if your from a different state then there warehouse.

Also if you get a better quote the store with beat it.

Not if they have a store in your area go to bestbuy.com and buy something you will pay tax.

Yeah its a different company

Discount Tire vs Discount Tire outlet .. loopholes..

Im surprised more companies dont do this.

Tipys
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Not if they have a store in your area go to bestbuy.com and buy something you will pay tax.

Im surprised more companies dont do this.

Not the same. Its the loophole thing Discount tire Direct is considered another company. Best Buy is still just one company

dchd1130
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Not the same. Its the loophole thing Discount tire Direct is considered another company. Best Buy is still just one company

Yeah, that what I was asking. Doesnt look like it will mater for much longer though.

http://ibtimes.com.au/articles/20090916/online-sales-tax-survives-latest-legal-challenge.htm