PDA

View Full Version : Forget Kanye...Is this man standing up for the people?

dapper
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Republican Rep. Joe Wilson shouted "you lie" during President Obama's speech to a joint session of Congress last week. Link (http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/15/wilson.resolution/index.html?iref=topnews)

:)

King Nothing
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Yeah, and apparently, if you're idiot, you think it was racism.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2009/09/15/carter-wilsons-outburst-based-racism/

BTW, it's an AP story NOT Foxnews sensationalism.

Canuck
Tue Sep 15th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Joe Wilson is a Tool. It's no different than what Kanye West did.

Both are Epic Failures.

chanke4252
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 07:07 AM
I don't understand the racism thing. Seems like a stretch to demonize criticism of obama and label it "racist". Not much different than calling someone a communist because it's the cliche anti-american label to put on someone. People are dumb.

Squisha
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 07:36 AM
People are dumb.

That about sums it up, doesn't it?

Snowman
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 08:18 AM
One must never forget about Kenya! (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/kenya/)

salsashark
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I don't understand the racism thing. Seems like a stretch to demonize criticism of obama and label it "racist". Not much different than calling someone a communist because it's the cliche anti-american label to put on someone.

Agreed...

Personally, I think that the more everything and everyone gets labeled as racist, it will just dilute the meaning and eventually become nothing. Isn't that what everyone wants? no racism? The terms "pimp" and "Ho" used to be derogatory until everyone and their mother started using them in common vernacular. Maybe this is the start of "racist" becoming the same way... Can't you see it in ten of fifteen years?

What up racist?
Not much... what's up with you?

People are dumb.

and that's the bottom line.

TFOGGuys
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Agreed...

What up racist?

*punch to the throat*

Fixed

pauliep
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 09:33 AM
I remember a david chappelle skit where they use the line, "what up you racist..."

lol

Pandora-11
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 09:39 AM
This whole thing is retarded. Joe Wilson made a huge mistake in yelling what we were all thinking from the floor of the Congressional Address; however, the hilarious part is the sanctimonious look on Nancy Pelosi's face and the other Dems who clearly do not remember some of the things they called Bush. Does Nancy not remember calling the CIA liars? Does Harry Reid not remember what he called Bush?

Dumb resolution from partisan idiots.

Names Bush was called below:

THE TOP 100 NAMES FOR BUSH Two years ago we put up a list of 25 names Bush was being called at the time. Now, on the eve of the various anti-inauguration activities taking place throughout the country, we thought we'd expand the list to 100. The most popular name was some variation of Dubya...Dumbya, Dudya, DAH-bya, DWI-bya, Duh? Bya, Dubius, D-Dubya-I, Double-Duh, Dubfus, Dubius Dubya, Flubya, etc. Then there were comments upon the fact that Bush didn't win the popular vote, nor did he win the electoral votes in Florida, the count having been stopped by the Scalia Court, which, as we know, is the court of last political resort in our country...Bogus W. Potus, Shrubus Illegitimus, Your Accidency, His Fraudulancy, Commander in Thief, Spurious George, George Putsch, "*", Mona Loser, The Thief Executive, President Select, etc. Then there were those that commented upon his abilities, personality, or character...The Lyin' King, Oaf of Office (one of our favorites), Drinky McDumbass, Whoosh Bush, Mini-Prez, Stumble-ya, Prince Snippy, Sock-Puppet-in Chief, [sic] Bush, Smirky the Chimp. There were also many plays on "President"...Resident, Pre$ident, Duh President, Presidunce, Presidump, Presidumb, ?President? with the first question mark upside-down for Spanish speakers, President Reject, UnPresident, President* Bush, ala Roger Maris, President Select, President Putsch. --Politex, 1/20/01

http://www.bushwatch.com/presidense.jpg

RajunCajun
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Of course he is racist! Every man that says anything negative about a man, that happens to be black, is an obvious racist. O, only if the man commenting is white. Seems like they would get black republicans to say these kind of things, they can say whatever they want without "racist" repercussions. Ha, there are a few of those right?

DFab
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 12:51 PM
This whole thing is retarded. Joe Wilson made a huge mistake in yelling what we were all thinking from the floor of the Congressional Address; however, the hilarious part is the sanctimonious look on Nancy Pelosi's face and the other Dems who clearly do not remember some of the things they called Bush. Does Nancy not remember calling the CIA liars? Does Harry Reid not remember what he called Bush?

I don't recall any of the dems yelling at Bush while he addressed congress. The controversy is more about the time and place, not what he said. Decorum is apparently important to these people.

p.s. CIA liars? perish the thought. The CIA would never lie, about anything, ever.

DFab
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Of course he is racist! Every man that says anything negative about a man, that happens to be black, is an obvious racist. O, only if the man commenting is white. Seems like they would get black republicans to say these kind of things, they can say whatever they want without "racist" repercussions. Ha, there are a few of those right?

I don't know what you're talking about. Everybody knows that there is no longer racism in this country. There is no way that any opposition to Obama is based on his race, or white resentment or anything like that.

dirkterrell
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I don't recall any of the dems yelling at Bush while he addressed congress. The controversy is more about the time and place, not what he said. Decorum is apparently important to these people.

You obviously missed the 2005 SotU address.

Dirk

Snowman
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I personally think it would be interesting to have Wednesday Afternoon Questions as they do in Parliament. Then everyone on the floor could join in the fun…

I don’t think you could get Nancy Pelosi to wear the white powered wig though.

Zach929rr
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 01:29 PM
I don’t think you could get Nancy Pelosi to wear the white powered wig though.

She deserves a clown suit.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 01:32 PM
+1000
"Racism" is the standard cry whenever someone white says or does something that could possibly be considered derogatory to any other race, no matter how truthful or appropriate. Yep, it was racist that OJ was arrested for Nicole and Ron's murder no matter that their blood was all over his stuff. It was racist that Rodney King got the beating he deserved no matter that he was dead drunk, putting many innocent lives in danger by evading, and that HE assaulted the cops first and refused to obey commands. It's racist to comment on the illegitimate birth rates and prison population percentages based on race. And now, though I've never in my life heard such a bashing as Bush took, it's racist simply to criticize our sitting president. Riiiiiiiight.......

RajunCajun
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 01:39 PM
+1000
"Racism" is the standard cry whenever someone white says or does something that could possibly be considered derogatory to any other race, no matter how truthful or appropriate. Yep, it was racist that OJ was arrested for Nicole and Ron's murder no matter that their blood was all over his stuff. It was racist that Rodney King got the beating he deserved no matter that he was dead drunk, putting many innocent lives in danger by evading, and that HE assaulted the cops first and refused to obey commands. It's racist to comment on the illegitimate birth rates and prison population percentages based on race. And now, though I've never in my life heard such a bashing as Bush took, it's racist simply to criticize our sitting president. Riiiiiiiight.......

Couldn't have said it better myself!! Although, no matter how much a beating Rodney King deserved, I think the cops went above and beyond what was required to subdue him. Its their job to contain their anger and act as professional. Not to get on a cop bashing topic, I'm TOTALLY not bashing. Just in that instance, King should not have gotten what he deserved, as F'd up as that is....

Snowman
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I agree, The race button gets pushed by far left liberal pundits, just as often as the patriotism button gets push be the far right conservatives. These people are craving attention and don’t give a rats ass about the welfare of this country. Thus, we should stop listening to them no matter how offensive they get, or in the very least force them to where clown suits.

MetaLord 9
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I dunno, I heard that Obama doesn't like Kanye West, so I think our President is a racist.

Snowman
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Isn’t this Kanye West a figment of his own imagination?

MetaLord 9
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 02:12 PM
...and here comes the chicken/egg debate.

On a separate note, Comedy Central aired the "Gay Fish" episode last night for 2 or 3 hours straight in honor of failye's abject egotism

Zach929rr
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 02:35 PM
On a separate note, Comedy Central aired the "Gay Fish" episode last night for 2 or 3 hours straight in honor of failye's abject egotism

Did they really? haha!

DFab
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 02:47 PM
You obviously missed the 2005 SotU address.

Dirk

Good point.

I looked it up. Some dems booed him when he talked about social security. However, the opposition party booing or hissing at the president during the SotU is not unheard of, Wilson's outburst is quite novel.

http://www.slate.com/id/2227966/

dirkterrell
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Good point.

I looked it up. Some dems booed him when he talked about social security.

Yeah, let's just say that the Dems don't have any more of a sense of decorum than the Reps when it suits their agenda.

Dirk

Sortarican
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 03:02 PM
I hate all you white people in this thread.......except Frank.:scream1:
(I hate him cause he's a Dago.)

salsashark
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 03:06 PM

^^ :lol: WHITE RAGE!!!

VryfastRR
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Interesting article about this.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/attytood/Drudge_Limbaugh_and_the_sad_return_of_Racial_Ameri ca.html

MetaLord 9
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Easy now Sortarage'n...

Pandora-11
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Interesting article about this.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/attytood/Drudge_Limbaugh_and_the_sad_return_of_Racial_Ameri ca.html

Is this a man who routinely writes about politics? If he is, anyone who follows politics for even a short period of time knows all of the games being played. The Dems play the race card and the "stupid" card as they did against Dan Quayle and Sarah Palin...nothing new. The Repubs play the morality and patriotic card against the Dems.
This article is the typical absurd race issue that we all hoped would go away once an African American ascended to the White House. If anything the card is being played thrice as much.
Mr Limbaugh has as his right hand man an African American named Mr Snerdley. Anyone who listens to him with any regularity knows that he does not spew racist drivel but makes a counterpoint to actual racist accusations. Attacking him from that viewpoint is a convenient way to get people to fear being associated with him or his program.....and yet both Drudge and Limbaugh have huge followings.
The race card is alive and well and being used in the game as always....and right now it's trumping the ace in the Dem playbook.

See the game for what it is....and move on.

I was happy to see the Dems NOT support Jimmy Carter's remarks about racism against Obama. Most of us who don't support Obama's ideas don't giving a flying flip if he's green, blue, or purple.

Pandora-11
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I thought this was hysterical.

This is the new manual for what is and isn't appropriate to say on the floor of Congress.

What happened to all the grown-ups?

]The section on how to properly insult the executive branch in the chamber. 'Disgrace' and 'nitwits'," it's okay to use those words. "Liar' or 'sexual misconduct,'" you cannot say those words. 'Under Section 370 of the House Rules and Manual, it has been held that a member could:

• refer to the government as 'something hated, something oppressive.'
• refer to the president as 'using legislative or judicial pork.'
• refer to a presidential message as a 'disgrace to the country.'
• refer to unnamed officials as 'our half-baked nitwits handling foreign affairs.'

"Likewise, it has been held that a member could not:

• call the president a 'liar.'
• call the president a 'hypocrite.'
• describe the president's veto of a bill as 'cowardly.'
• charge that the president has been 'intellectually dishonest.'
• refer to the president as 'giving aid and comfort to the enemy.'
• refer to alleged 'sexual misconduct on the president's part.''

See? ....games and directions for how they're played.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 05:15 PM
All the lesser races hate us superior Dagos........:)

MikeG
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Yeah, let's just say that the Dems don't have any more of a sense of decorum than the Reps when it suits their agenda.

Dirk

Even recently with the debacle over seating Ted Kennedy's senate seat ASAP
It will eventually wind up as citizens vs. politicians instead of republicans vs. democrats

Nick_Ninja
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Even recently with the debacle over seating Ted Kennedy's senate seat ASAP
It will eventually wind up as citizens vs. politicians instead of republicans vs. democrats

The Only Solution Is Revolution

MetaLord 9
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 07:19 AM
All the lesser races hate us superior Dagos........:)
You'd better be careful talk'n like that man. you're likely to seriously piss off some cockroaches... :D

Shea
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 09:06 AM

+1

Pandora-11
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 09:21 AM
+1

I kinda wondered when our favorite libertarian would weigh in.....and +1 is all? Can you elaborate?:)

Spiderman
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 10:21 AM
One must never forget about Kenya! (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/kenya/)
I was actually wondering what a country in East Africa had to do with any of this. :dunno:

puckstr
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 10:22 AM
I kinda wondered when our favorite libertarian would weigh in.....and +1 is Can you elaborate?:)

+1
By extension, a way to signify "yes" or agreement (often with a quoted post) on internet forums (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum) and similar media

DUH:slappers:

puckstr
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I mean he had an outburst (Kanye's was better).
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/17/article-1214080-0677CEB4000005DC-296_306x688.jpg

At least he didn't burn an effigy.
Now that would have got some people pissed off.
Oh and the race card is BULLSHIT.
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44730000/jpg/_44730008_musaharraf_220_ap.jpg

Shea
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I kinda wondered when our favorite libertarian would weigh in.....and +1 is Can you elaborate?:)

I could but '+1' speaks volumes given the statement.

Pandora-11
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 11:23 AM
+1
By extension, a way to signify "yes" or agreement (often with a quoted post) on internet forums (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum) and similar media

DUH:slappers:

Yes....I realize that. It was a typo. Thanks.

dapper
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Someone must speak out to start the change.
Someone must act on the change.
Rep. Joe Wilson gave 'O' change with proper timing, with his feet on the ground and among colleagues.

I was actually wondering what a country in East Africa had to do with any of this. :dunno:
Typographical error which is now fixed in this title reply. ;)

Carry on...

Spiderman
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Typographical error which is now fixed in this title reply.
What the hell is a Kenye? :dunno:

Oh, and: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_thread_rename

:p

dapper
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 01:36 PM
What the hell is a Kenye? :dunno:
:p
A Jackass...named Kanye West.
His name isn't important to me to get it right. ;)

Thanks for the link Bob.

Devaclis
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 01:43 PM
If that were true, I could ride through the hood calling everyone "Nigger" and not get my ass kicked.

Overusing SOME things can make them lose their meanings. Things that are historically sensitive, and touch people deeply, like a Roman Catholic finger, will take more than over use to reduce their sting.

Agreed...

Personally, I think that the more everything and everyone gets labeled as racist, it will just dilute the meaning and eventually become nothing. Isn't that what everyone wants? no racism? The terms "pimp" and "Ho" used to be derogatory until everyone and their mother started using them in common vernacular. Maybe this is the start of "racist" becoming the same way... Can't you see it in ten of fifteen years?

What up racist?

salsashark
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 01:55 PM
If that were true, I could ride through the hood calling everyone "Nigger" and not get my ass kicked.

Overusing SOME things can make them lose their meanings. Things that are historically sensitive, and touch people deeply, like a Roman Catholic finger, will take more than over use to reduce their sting.

Agreed... but then again, you don't see the "N" word being used as commonly (outside of the hip hop culture) as the example I threw out there.

How about "numb to the pain" :dunno:

RajunCajun
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Agreed... but then again, you don't see the "N" word being used as commonly (outside of the hip hop culture) as the example I threw out there.

How about "numb to the pain" :dunno:

Sure you do,,,,, it's called the south!!

dapper
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 02:11 PM
:lol: That's just terrible... :lol:

Nick_Ninja
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 02:12 PM

You are an honest southerner sir. :up:

Spiderman
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 02:12 PM
A Jackass...named Kanye West.I knew. :p

His name isn't important to me to get it right. ;)I figured. ;)

Thanks for the link Bob.You're welcome 8)

salsashark
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 02:27 PM

Well played sir...

I guess I see it from a CO native viewpoint.

Pandora-11
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 02:28 PM
You dont use the N-word in the south anymore. You will die.

Shea
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Someone must speak out to start the change.
Someone must act on the change.
Rep. Joe Wilson gave 'O' change with proper timing, with his feet on the ground and among colleagues.

Personally I will not follow any politician regardless of where and when he voices his opinion (du jour). Especially when he apologizes for it as fast as humanly possible.

RajunCajun
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 03:51 PM
You dont use the N-word in the south anymore. You will die.

Ha, that's kind of funny. Visiting LA after a year n Denver, I couldn't believe how much everyone says nigger, or niga, depending on whether they are white are black.

Funny storry:
I knew a BIG, swole up brotha back in college. He was bout 6'4" and weighed bout 260. Anyway, super cool guy and referred to me as "my cracka" cuz I was often the only little white dude with his crew of huge black dudes. So, I called him "my nigga" in return and he always cracked up every time I said it. One night, I'm hammered and walk into a club and see him sitting at the end of the bar, I holla "my nigga!", and holy shit, I realized that I was the only white dude that I could see. A bunch of brothers stood up bout to try to kick my ass when he say really loud, "my cracka" and walked over with an extra beer, b4 a couple of his buds got cut and then kill me. Anyway, I watched how I use the word after that!

Nick_Ninja
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Ha, that's kind of funny. Visiting LA after a year n Denver, I couldn't believe how much everyone says nigger, or niga, depending on whether they are white are black.

Funny storry:
I knew a BIG, swole up brotha back in college. He was bout 6'4" and weighed bout 260. Anyway, super cool guy and referred to me as "my cracka" cuz I was often the only little white dude with his crew of huge black dudes. So, I called him "my nigga" in return and he always cracked up every time I said it. One night, I'm hammered and walk into a club and see him sitting at the end of the bar, I holla "my nigga!", and holy shit, I realized that I was the only white dude that I could see. A bunch of brothers stood up bout to try to kick my ass when he say really loud, "my cracka" and walked over with an extra beer, b4 a couple of his buds got cut and then kill me. Anyway, I watched how I use the word after that!

Great story Eliot :spit:

Shea
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 10:34 AM
This is ridiculous:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/17/AR2009091703679_pf.html

You can't just send someone out?

puckstr
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 10:41 AM
This is ridiculous:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/17/AR2009091703679_pf.html

That story made me want to fucking puke:puke:
This is a prime example of how Washington WASTES taxpayer money on bullshit POMP and CIRCUMSTANCE.

Send some one to the goddamn store instead of disrupting the entire neighborhood. Stupid Arrogant TWAT

Pandora-11
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 10:46 AM
This is ridiculous:

What? ...and lose touch with the common man?

Shea
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 10:52 AM
What? ...and lose touch with the common man?

Is that the way we stay in touch? By taking 36 vehicles 1 block to buy some kale? I guess I am (and forever will be) out of touch then :)

Pandora-11
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 10:55 AM
sarcasm....

Wintermute
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Wow, the First Lady needs security. Who would have thunk it in our culture of calm, well-reasoned political debate? Glenn Beck can have a good cry about it tonight on his show.

This was a continuation of her campaign-by-example to get our fat-assed country to eat something besides shit. Yeah, it's expensive eating farmer's market food, but people that can afford it aren't doing it. (I started a few months ago and have dropped 15 lbs.)

The real "twat" here is Dana Milbank and his dripping-in-condescension article: "...there's a fine line between promoting healthful eating and sounding like a snob." Only in our monumentally fucked-up political culture is eating well considered being a "snob". "Hyuk, hyuk, them veggie-tables got funny furrin' names. What a snob." Fuck you Dana.

Some liberal media. Coupled with Fred "Can't investigate Bush or Cheney for torture, they were just giving orders" Hiatt's hypocritical "We need to push Iran on their torturing of political dissidents" editorial today, the WaPo is becoming a shitty parody of itself.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 04:39 PM
+1

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 05:08 PM
That story made me want to fucking puke:puke:
This is a prime example of how Washington WASTES taxpayer money on bullshit POMP and CIRCUMSTANCE.

Send some one to the goddamn store instead of disrupting the entire neighborhood. Stupid Arrogant TWAT
+1000

This was so absmally stupid as to defy comprehension. So that little shopping trip because the regular groceries WE little people eat (because we can't or choose not to afford the overpriced organic stuff) isn't good enough for Queen Oh-Bama cost us taxpayers a zillion dollars? TWAT isn't a big enough word......

Kinda like when the Oh-Bama's came up here to see old faithful and shut down 2 federal parks, stranded thousands of people for up to 5 hours, and had a squad of helicopters and planes and all the rangers and cops in WY on our expense for a short visit? Niiiiice.....

"Change" all right.......

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Wow, the First Lady needs security. Who would have thunk it in our culture of calm, well-reasoned political debate? Glenn Beck can have a good cry about it tonight on his show.

This was a continuation of her campaign-by-example to get our fat-assed country to eat something besides shit. Yeah, it's expensive eating farmer's market food, but people that can afford it aren't doing it. (I started a few months ago and have dropped 15 lbs.)

The real "twat" here is Dana Milbank and his dripping-in-condescension article: "...there's a fine line between promoting healthful eating and sounding like a snob." Only in our monumentally fucked-up political culture is eating well considered being a "snob". "Hyuk, hyuk, them veggie-tables got funny furrin' names. What a snob." Fuck you Dana.

Some liberal media. Coupled with Fred "Can't investigate Bush or Cheney for torture, they were just giving orders" Hiatt's hypocritical "We need to push Iran on their torturing of political dissidents" editorial today, the WaPo is becoming a shitty parody of itself.
That you so don't get the point is obvious. Nobody cares about WHAT she eats or how she eats it. The point is that this moron wasted probably a million taxpayer dollars because regular food wasn't "good" enough for her, and that instead of sending out an aide to get it which would have cost us almost zero dollars, she insisted on going herself wasting OUR money. Get it now? This was not official business which would have been an acceptable use of our money for her security.

Wintermute
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 06:45 PM
No, I get your point: Democratic First Ladies aren't allowed civic causes and should be confined to the White House if it costs any of "our" money for them to show their face in public.

Gee, ya think that this fucking batshit insane reaction the first family causes in your type requires extraordinarily expensive security measures? God only knows some of the sick and twisted shit the Secret Service is having to track. Hell, look at you guys: calling a mom with two young children "twat", an Ivy League lawyer "moron". I'm sure you're all class compared to some of the real crazies.

As for the "regular food" bullshit, you'd be throwing the same fucking hissy fit if she went to a normal grocery store and talked about eating fruits and veggies and staying away from the processed shit.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 07:02 PM
No, I get your point: Democratic First Ladies aren't allowed civic causes and should be confined to the White House if it costs any of "our" money for them to show their face in public.

Gee, ya think that this fucking batshit insane reaction the first family causes in your type requires extraordinarily expensive security measures? God only knows some of the sick and twisted shit the Secret Service is having to track. Hell, look at you guys: calling a mom with two young children "twat", an Ivy League lawyer "moron". I'm sure you're all class compared to some of the real crazies.

As for the "regular food" bullshit, you'd be throwing the same fucking hissy fit if she went to a normal grocery store and talked about eating fruits and veggies and staying away from the processed shit.
This is HER cause, and I think it was a tremendous waste of OUR money when she could have sent out for it. But no, that TWAT had to go make a scene....at our expense. And, being an Ivy League anything don't mean dick. Especially as she probably got in on the quota anyways.

My "type"? That would be "hard-working tired of political excess at our expense" type, thank you. Funny, I seem to remember your "type" calling Palin a Kunt, and calling Bush worse.

No, I wouldn't. Like I said, I don't care what she eats, it was the total waste of our money for a friggin' head of lettuce so she could make some stupid, worthless public appearance that pissed me off.

Oh, and for the record, I don't EVER remember the economy and job market being as bad as they are now in my 26+ years of working professionally. It sure tanked when the Oh-Bama-nator took office, didn't it? And yes, I know it had been heading downhill for many years, but it nosedived like I've never seen before.

chanke4252
Sat Sep 19th, 2009, 09:38 AM
"Quota"? Really? I know the race issue is one that people bring up inappropriately to try to demonize those who criticize the obamas, but it would be a legitimate criticism of your "quota" statement.

Palin IS a "kunt", and it has very little to do with her political orientation. There are other legitimate conservative politicians that actually have a brain and aren't trying to enact some half-baked religious agenda. I have no idea why some people waste the time standing up for the professional celebrity moron who can barely form a coherent sentence. This blind devotion to whatever GOP member is getting the press at the moment is not exactly the recipe for success, it just makes everyone else look bad to the moderates, especially lately w/ the neocons dominating the GOP spotlight at the moment.

As far as the issue of food and eating healthy, that's time well spent highlighting the issue imo. Obesity is a huge problem in our country. I don't think anyone here can legitimately say otherwise w/ a straight face.

The insanely sharp economic nose dive began before obama was in office. Hell, it's probably a large part, if not one of the biggest reasons why he got elected in the first place. People seem to forget the previous year for the sake of trying to demonize someone and blame them for their problems and gripes.

Pandora-11
Sat Sep 19th, 2009, 10:48 AM
"Quota"? Really? I know the race issue is one that people bring up inappropriately to try to demonize those who criticize the obamas, but it would be a legitimate criticism of your "quota" statement.

Palin IS a "kunt", and it has very little to do with her political orientation. There are other legitimate conservative politicians that actually have a brain and aren't trying to enact some half-baked religious agenda. I have no idea why some people waste the time standing up for the professional celebrity moron who can barely form a coherent sentence. This blind devotion to whatever GOP member is getting the press at the moment is not exactly the recipe for success, it just makes everyone else look bad to the moderates, especially lately w/ the neocons dominating the GOP spotlight at the moment.

As far as the issue of food and eating healthy, that's time well spent highlighting the issue imo. Obesity is a huge problem in our country. I don't think anyone here can legitimately say otherwise w/ a straight face.

The insanely sharp economic nose dive began before obama was in office. Hell, it's probably a large part, if not one of the biggest reasons why he got elected in the first place. People seem to forget the previous year for the sake of trying to demonize someone and blame them for their problems and gripes.

YOUR definition of cunt, please. I REALLY want to know.....and then I want to square that with what you THINK you know about Palin. Can we use that definition for Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Jackson-Lee, or any other female politician?

Zach929rr
Sat Sep 19th, 2009, 10:50 AM
YOUR definition of cunt, please. I REALLY want to know.....

Her voice. Makes me want to murder kittens.

Pandora-11
Sat Sep 19th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Her voice. Makes me want to murder kittens.

Is it her voice you hate or Tina Fey doing her voice that you hate?

I absolutely LOVE hearing Obama's voice day in and day out....EVERYday, EVERYwhere.....about EVERYthing. ha

How 'bout that Kanye?!:)

Zach929rr
Sat Sep 19th, 2009, 10:57 AM
I don't mind Tina Fey. She looks better. At least Obama isn't a gay fish.

chanke4252
Sat Sep 19th, 2009, 11:11 AM
YOUR definition of cunt, please. I REALLY want to know.....and then I want to square that with what you THINK you know about Palin. Can we use that definition for Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Jackson-Lee, or any other female politician?

I don't care, I hate Pelosi too. She's a careerist if I've ever seen one, but I guess that's not entirely rare in washington. I think washington would be a better place w/o her.

As far as palin, I stopped listening or making any effort to take her seriously a while ago. She proved her lack of intelligence right out of the gate. I have heard very little come out of her mouth other than catch phrases and the typical GOP rhetoric. Sometimes she'll spout off something original, but it's always been too absurd for me to listen to without my head nearly imploding. Combined w/ her wonderful thoughts on the pro-life vs. pro-choice issue, nevermind general family planning and how well that's worked out in her own life...yah, she's dumb and I don't really feel like it's worth my time to wade through all of her inane babbling in the hopes of finding something worth spending even a minute fraction of a second thinking about given that her worthlessness is pretty well established at this point.

This isn't one sided criticism coming from a liberal. I'm not a liberal. I'm not a conservative. Both sides are full of shit. However, lately, the conservative mob has really upped the anty in terms of being totally unproductive and sounding like a bunch of angry, uncompromising, jaded old men who are unwilling to seperate themselves from the neocon hive mind that has been destroying them from within lately. Yah, that's a great approach when you're in the minority.

Pandora-11
Sat Sep 19th, 2009, 02:13 PM
I'm guessing you're more left-leaning if that's the take you have from what's been going on and the GOP reaction to it. My take on it is that they have not done nearly enough to fight this crud. My husband just got back from CA. He explained how the CA gov't is working and how the state is going belly-up. THAT is exactly what the liberals want for the entire country. No thanks.
I agree mostly with Palin's take on the pro-life issue. I am totally pro-life. Guess that makes me one of them too. As for the inane babbling, I take that issue very seriously....life is not something one needs to or should be called babbling. What would have been your take on that precious little baby with Down's Syndrome? Be careful...the thought of aborting an imperfect child may very well put you into the Margaret Sanger camp. If that's where you are..........just wow.

Pandora-11
Sat Sep 19th, 2009, 02:17 PM
BTW...what exactly constitutes a "cunt"? I dont know.

chanke4252
Sat Sep 19th, 2009, 03:03 PM
I am more left leaning currently only because I am seriously put off by the "new" republican party, especially these days given that they aren't doing a job that we need them to do. It would be different if the president was more moderate, but we are kind of at an extreme right now and we need something to balance that out that we aren't getting. Hopefully they pull their heads out of their asses and stop w/ the mob mentality/paris hilton approach to politics.

Liberals don't "want" the entire country to go bankrupt. Suggesting so sort of implies that they have some evil plan that doesn't make any sense, and is kind of silly. Kind of reminds me of the underpants gnomes. 1) bankrupt country 2) ????? 3) profit! Besides, suggesting that this recent incarnation of the GOP is any more fiscally responsible is a little crazy as well. They started this spending party in the first place.

It's fine to be pro-life, and there are some pro-life arguments that I do respect and think are legitimate. However, Palin's whole take on it is absolutely retarded and unrealistic. Her own family and approach to procreation and family is absurd. I mean do you trust a guy who has filed for bankruptcy 5 times to manage your finances? For that same reason I'm not going to trust some half-retarded wack job when she suggests an approach that she can't even make work in her own life. Her opinion on the topic is as worthless and simplistic as they come. Keep in mind that I am only commenting on her and HER specific brand of "babbling".

Please do me a favor and don't try to summarize my point of view using some preconceived notion you have about people who aren't staunch pro-lifers. It's a complicated issue, and the opinions people have are going to be complicated as well. You cannot force them into tidy little boxes and realistically categorize them as objectively "right" or "wrong".

Pandora-11
Sat Sep 19th, 2009, 03:25 PM
I don't really know what kind of mob mentality you speak of. If you are suggesting that the recent town hall meetings are something other than real Americans going "nuts" about the socialist plans of this Congress and administration, than I would totally disagree. Many of us are in a rage over the direction things are going. We weren't happy about the lack of fiscal conservatism of Bush's admin. either. "Mob" is derogatory to this bunch of concerned Americans who have another view of how we should go. How come libs never get called "mobs"? How come when they were tearing out their hair with Bush policies, they werent considered a "mob"?

No...no liberal wants to bankrupt the country on purpose. They want to satisfy some altruistic feeling they have by doing things that make no sense and lead to disaster because in many cases they fail to follow their policies to their logical conclusions. They fail to look to history as an example of where they try to head.
I don't understand what you mean by Palin's family. What's wrong with her family?
How is it different from any other family? Do you speak of her daughter and her mistakes? Is it a mistake not made by others? Should her daughter have chosen a different path? I thought you prochoice types believed in "choice". She made her choice.
I wouldn't dream of summarizing your perspective. You are quite capable of doing that for yourself. I didnt say anyone was right or wrong...merely stated my own point of view. ....I said, "just wow."