PDA

View Full Version : Holy smokes! C_M on a HARLEY?!?!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Fire will fall from the sky! Cat's and dogs will sleep together! It's the end of the world as we know it!

Ok, maybe not that drastic, but......

My bro in Ridgecrest, a guy I've been best friends with since I moved there in '80 has a "spare" Harley, so I brought my helmet and gloves out last weekend on my interview. The HD ran great, and carburated perfectly all the way up to to Walkers Pass 5K ft. and up to Kernville. It's a 100in. motor with 10.5:1 pistons, cams, ported and polished heads, a 42mm Mikuni, and pipes. Mildy hot-rodded, but probably around 100hp. The riding position was actually ok too, except the seat started making my tailbone a little sore after a while since you're stuck in one spot. Overall, a fun ride of about 130+mi up in the hills. It even handled ok, if you were smooth and understood the braking and cornering clearance issues, especially on the right (pipe) side. And hey, it didn't leak any oil on me!:)

Got a pic of another buddy's Big Bear Chopper I sat on. Couldn't ride it because the battery was dead. Seems in general his chopper was less reliable than Rob-Dog's HD.

Overall, a lot of fun. More fun than riding a sportbike with an HD because you're now at the same pace and "vibe". It'd been about 18years since I rode that road on a M/C.....

Sully
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 01:47 PM
At least you "LOOK" the part ! :lol:... Enjoy !!!

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Hey, I actually had a helmet and gloves when I rode, no bandanna, and have no tattoos.....but I got's the black T and beer belly!:)

Sully
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 01:50 PM
All you need now is a THONG! :lol:

dirkterrell
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 01:53 PM
All you need now is a THONG! :lol:

Ok, this line of discussion ends NOW! http://www.boulder.swri.edu/%7Eterrell/images/goofy.gif

Dirk

Sully
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Why, does he already own one? :lol: :bigeyes: :wtf:

MetaLord 9
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 02:00 PM
You mean old?

Sortarican
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Hey, I actually had a helmet and gloves when I rode, no bandanna, and have no tattoos.....but I got's the black T and beer belly!:)

Does this mean you're going to grow back the mullet?:rock:

dirkterrell
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Why, does he already own one? :lol: :bigeyes: :wtf:

I don't want to know anything further about Frank wearing thongs. :)

Dirk

CYCLE_MONKEY
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 05:12 PM
I don't want to know anything further about Frank wearing thongs. :)

Dirk
I'll be sporting the thong AND a mullett!:shocked::)

Actually, it was a fun ride. Not my general cup of tea, and I was ALWAYS conscious of the chassis limitations, plus the huge engine braking, but it was still fun. Unlike riding a sportbike next to a HD where you're wanting to go faster and he's wishing you'd slow down, we were more in tune with each other's speed. I had it over a hundred and it definately started moving around on me.

Now MY question is.......what made Sully think of me in a thong?!?!:)

kawasakirob
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Harley's are awesome. Comfort machines.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 08:25 AM
you make that bike look tiny frank. :lol:

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 12:27 PM
you make that bike look tiny frank. :lol:
I sat on my buddy Bruce's Big Bear chopper, and the seat on that is probably a foot off the ground. HE'd make it look small as he's 6'4". I told him I could never ride his bike because it's so low my ballz would be dragging!:)

Pretty nice scoot he had though. I'd have taken it down the block except he's had some reliability issues with the thing rattling parts loose (and falling off) and the battery was dead. I think the vibration killed it, honestly. I'll post a few pics when I get them from him. He works on the base and he's in the middle east now helping our troops defeat the IED's.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Now MY question is.......what made Sully think of me in a thong?!?!:)
Notice how Sully never did answer my question.........:)

CYCLE_MONKEY
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Here's a pic of Rob-Dog and the HD he rode. His old HD (mid-'70's bagger) was pretty built and ran an 11 flat with his 100lb rider/builder on it. He likes his HD's fast (well, for HD's that is....). Rob-dog tends to make the bikes a wee bit smaller than I do. Here's a pic from the bar with some of the gang.