PDA

View Full Version : Nitro trucks.

Rooster
Wed Sep 16th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Anyone into nitro trucks? i got 1 before i deployed and love the d@m thing. but i cant find anyone else interested in them or a place to go play. i have been going out in the parking lot of my apartment building but now the people who live there are mad at me. at least the old 1's are. lol. if anyone has 1 and want to go play im all for it. or at least know of a place with no one near by to complain.

konichd
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 08:12 AM
^^A few of us on the board run nitro buggys/truggys :)

RCHL has a track thats open most of the time. Also RAT Raceway, Burllington, and a new track in Longmont just re-opened.

Rooster
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 08:28 AM
i have no idea where you are talking about. im from maryland and just got back from iraq. the only thing i know is academy and a few other spots. dont know road names or other towns around here. lol

konichd
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 08:32 AM
If you're really into it get a race buggy/truggy and get some racing in! ;)

http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww125/303cycle/IMG_0660.jpg

Rooster
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 08:40 AM
thats something i would love to have. here's the deal. i got a wife and 2 little girls. a truck a car and a bike. and my little truck. there is no way my wife is gonna let me put anymore money into my hobbies. i gotta put money into my big truck and try to put money into my bike. IE frame sliders motor cage and what not. i just dropped about 900 on my bike before i deployed on exhaust and a power commander. and dropped 9000 to get my truck. if i could afford or even talk my wife into letting me get a racing truggy i would do it in a heart beat!

konichd
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 08:43 AM
What do you have? Traxxas Revo?

Most places have a monster truck class so use that to get started :)

eklew
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 09:26 AM
NERD TOYS!!!!

sugarrey
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Interesting conversation. I have been running R/C for about 20 years. I am sponsored by associated, powerpush, dubro, and bsr tires. Used to run losi trucks for awhile. I mostly run onroad and outdoor pan car though but enjoy my trucks. They're a blast. I also fly rc airplanes, something my pops got me into when I was young.

konichd
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Same here, just got back into it thanks to Eklew ;)

Indoor season is going to start soon but there is nitro racing well into mid-October

Rooster
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 09:51 AM
i had a nitro rustler. that 1 was allot of fun. and really fast. i got a hpi savage i think now. i didnt buy it brand new. my wife got it a few months ago while i was gone. they got monster truck racing? i dont know if i could race mine though. it tends to flip real easy when i try to turn while going fast. i dont know much about the shocks but maybe i gotta loosen them up a little bit? any suggestions? i would love to fly airplanes. i bought 1 a few years ago but with my temper and stupidness i got made and stomped it. lol. i could afford toys back then. lol. when i did have it in the air for a few moments i was the best thing in the world. now that im into nitro trucks i have an excuse to play with toys and people not look at me weird. or as much. lol

konichd
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Go to lighter weight shock oil, springs and adjust the ride height as well. There are a number of guys running Revo's and Savages at RCHL. In fact there is racing this Sunday, I hope to be there if I can talk Eklew into being my pit bitch :lol:

Rooster
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 10:02 AM
if i can get directions or meet up with someone to drive down there i would love to go. at least i could get the feel of how everything works and see what other people are running on there trucks and how. im very new at this but very very interested!

sugarrey
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I can teach you to fly if you want. Use to do air shows with different contests and things. Have taught 3 people to fly here in colorado. R/C is a great hobby. Glad I am sponsored now, I used to easily spend $500 a week between packs, tires, tire compound and so forth!!! Ugh

I have ran a few tracks here, but most of my racing was done in illinois. Tri Clone, motorplex and so forth.

Rooster
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 10:21 AM
there is no way i would use someone elses plane. i would love for you to teach me when i get my own. just gotta save up and drug the wife so she will agree to it. lmao!

Urban_Assault
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Where do you guys get your Nitro fuel locally?

konichd
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 01:09 PM
^^^Keith at Coplar Hobbies (He is FreddieWest on the board) He hooks me up with O'Donnel 30% and my buggy runs cool with a lot of power

MVBrutaleRider
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 01:16 PM
ha, glad to see some peeps on here are into RC stuff. I am a HUGE RC nut... got a few nitro trucks and some planes and too many helicopters... anyone else do helis? nitro or otherwise? we should get together and fly...

have a nitro buggy but blew out the one-way bearing to start it so I gotta get that fixed.

- Justin

Rooster
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 01:27 PM
i love nitro trucks. i wish i could afford airplanes and helicopters. or even afford to fix them. lol. you name the place and time and im there. saturday and sunday are a little sketchy though. i got off of work for a while so just let me know and ill most likely be there. i know of a little place up palmer park. dont know if its good or not. i got up there to only find out my starter thingy was dead. so i had to go home. lol

konichd
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 01:34 PM
To hell with planes and helicopters! 4WD buggies (1/8 nitro or 1/10 electric) is where its at!

Plus what else do you have to do all winter? NERD TOYZ!!!!!

Rooster
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 01:37 PM
lol. i like anything with a controller. somehow i can convince my wife that since its really small the damage and the trouble i will be in will be small. lol

Urban_Assault
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 01:38 PM
I've got 5 acres right on Powers and Barnes... Plenty of room to thrash some buggies if you guys want.

Mine's been sitting for about 3 years in my ex's garage with fuel in it, so I need to yank it apart and clean out the carb.

Just a cheap-o truck anyways, but sure is fun to beat the hell out of!

konichd
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 01:40 PM
^^My wife loves to thrash my buggie, then she has the odacity to ask when she's getting her Buick WTF? :dunno:

Rooster
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 01:44 PM
well get started on it lol. let me know and ill be there.

Rooster
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 01:45 PM
lol. mine wants nothing to do with my truck. she hates the noise and the smell of it. and the the fact i spend more time with the truck then i do in the house. lol

Motodrew
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I got a Rustler as well. Been a year or so since she's been started. I'm gonna go play in the garage for a while. :)

eklew
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Definitely love nitro!!! That is where I started racing with on-road touring cars. Now that there are brushless motors and lipo batteries, it has given me a new love of electric cars. I love racing with konichd when we are battling in the 4WD mod class!!!

konichd
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 02:41 PM
^^^Eklew will put your shit in the wall though ;) Remember the only person you have to beat is your teammate

Rooster
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 02:45 PM
i would like to get into the on road touring cars. it seems like there are allot of different ways to customize them and all. and they are so realistic to the real thing. especially them little muscle car 1's. i would love to get 1 of them.

motodrew> the rustler is a really nice truck. it was very easy to start and tune and really really fast. so fast i wrecked mine into a brick wall when i got interfeirence with something around the area. broke both A arms. steering servo, right rear shock and drive shaft thinger and the frame. thats when i gave it to my little cousin to tinker with and i got teh hpi savage.

Rooster
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 02:46 PM
lol.would love to go out and play around with them. i think when the little 1 decides to take a nap i might go out and tinker with mine for a little bit.

eklew
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 08:29 PM
^^^Eklew will put your shit in the wall though ;) Remember the only person you have to beat is your teammate

Haha, yeah, sorry about that one!!!

BlueDog
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 07:55 AM
I need to give nitro another try. The nitro t-maxx I have is one of the first generation ones and the motors in them were supposed to be notoriously bad to tune. Got so frustrated with it most of the time that I just gave up on it. The e-rustler that I have is a lot of fun, but somehow when my girl tanked it into a wall at the skate park the speed control quit working... I think I will replace the whole system, motor and esc, with their new brushless system and have some fun.

Rooster
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 08:02 AM
brushless and lipo would be the way to go. im all nitro, but i nothing but good things about brushless and lipo. dont forget to make it all waterproof. its a little expensive but it will be well worth it when you gotta replace your servos cause they got wet. lol

MetaLord 9
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Do you guys play trains too?

konichd
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I stuff crab meat in my nerd toy so its nice and warm....mmmmmmm..

MetaLord 9
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 08:28 AM
:lol:

konichd
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Then I take it off some pretty sweet jumps

Rooster
Fri Sep 18th, 2009, 10:29 AM
lol. no trains. a friend of mine is into trains real bad. there just not for me. the only thing i like about trains was when we re-did the track to the flat bed train went my the kegerator. lol

freddiewest
Sat Sep 19th, 2009, 09:21 PM
You guys let me know what you need and I will take care of you.... R/C cars, airplanes, heli's, David, Wade, and Elden know how to get a hold of me....

We can tune your car as long as the engine still has compression left....

Dave motor mount should be here Monday....

Keith

Colpar Hobbies west

MRA #322

BeoBe
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 10:51 AM
i have one im tryin to get rid of

Rooster
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 11:47 AM
You guys let me know what you need and I will take care of you.... R/C cars, airplanes, heli's, David, Wade, and Elden know how to get a hold of me....

We can tune your car as long as the engine still has compression left....

Dave motor mount should be here Monday....

Keith

Colpar Hobbies west

MRA #322

do you own or work at a store or something? im looking for a few things for my savage.

konichd
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 12:12 PM
^^Kieth owns Coplar hobbies here in Lakewood. Great store and good prices, the only place I buy my RC stuff from :)

Rooster
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 12:22 PM
i live in colorado springs. isnt lakewood near denver?

freddiewest
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Yep we are located at Wadsworth & Hampden... just give me a call on Monday if you need parts for your Savage.... if I don't have them I can get them in about 2 days!!!

Guess a number would help!! 303-988-5157

Keith
MRA

Dogsbody
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I've got some nitro and some electric (brushed and brushless) toys. Got road cars, off road trucks (Slayer and Slash) got an Axial AX10 crawler, nitro Cat and an electric heli and Park Zone Spitfire, plus a sailboat. Then there's the 300+ slot cars (all going up for sale soon - getting out of the hobby). Me likes me toys... :P

Rooster
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 04:35 PM
definetly let me know. i doubt i can afford any of it but i can at least window shop. lol. or ask the guys i work with. some of them want to get into the hobby but dont want to pay allot of money just for starters.

cdrewferd
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:42 AM
I've got a first generation TMaxx that I'm wanting to put the new 3.3 motor into. Plus I have a Megatech Nitro XT that I would like to sell. Doesn't seem anybody wants to buy a nitro car that has only had about 6 tanks through the motor.

Rooster
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 11:49 AM
what is a megatech nitro xt? i never heard of that before.

freddiewest
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 12:36 PM
If I'm not mistaken the Nitro XT is an on-road car by Megatech.... looks to be really fast!!!

noskills
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 12:46 PM
^^Kieth owns Coplar hobbies here in Lakewood. Great store and good prices, the only place I buy my RC stuff from :)

And he has a CBR....RR! Great guy!