PDA

View Full Version : First time on i25

FALCONSEYE
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 09:14 AM
I woke up early as usual to go work out before work. I guess my work out modjo was still asleep. I decided to get to work early and ride on I25 since it doesn't get too bad around that time. Left home at 06:43, I was on I25 for not too long. Riding at 75mph (+10 over speed limit), I realized I am the slowest one on the far right lane. The wind resistance was very strong. After three exists, here I am at work. By the time I parked and removed my gear, it was 06:57.
Despite the cold and the wind, it was still fun.

MetaLord 9
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Were you on a red 250?

FALCONSEYE
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Were you on a red 250?

Yup. You passed me in the far left lane, didn't you? Looked like a cbr.

MetaLord 9
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Ha! I was wondering...

Yeah I passed you in the left lane after I got through a particularly dense pack of idiot drivers that tried to merge into me...

It's a red Ninja ZX-6R. That two fiddy looks good mang!

It wasn't too windy this morning and once I hit DTC traffic just disappeared. I think since it's getting light later and later that people are switching back to the 8-5 shift instead of the 7-4 summer shift, so traffic is ease'n up a bit

FALCONSEYE
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Thanks, I couldn't get a good look at your bike. If the weather permits and I can leave home by 06:40, I will continue to take i25 in the mornings. :)
btw, how was the bike night at hooters?

MetaLord 9
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 10:00 AM
I usually try to leave the house by 6:40...which means I'm lucky to be on the road by 6:50. No worries! you were preoccupied with your first interstate trip and during rush hour no less! I wasn't brave enough to do mine in rush hour when I started riding! :lol:

The more you ride it, the more comfortable you'll get. If it starts getting too windy for you just grip the tank with your knees and pull your shoulders over the tank a little bit & you'll be fine. Just remember not to put any weight on your bars, use your lower back to keep you upright and in position.

Bike night was a lot of fun! I def blew the 6 to i25s curve wide though from not concentrating... other than that, it was good times! Ya should've come out!

FALCONSEYE
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Good points, thanks for the advice. I will be there next time.

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Yay...glad to hear that you ventured out Falcon!!!! Just take things one step at a time and you'll be tearing through the streets and canyons before ya know it! =)

Devaclis
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Any wheelies?

FALCONSEYE
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 12:02 PM
nope, just prayed a lot

konichd
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Keep it up man, in no time you'll get pretty comfortable ;)

Bueller
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Nawtee got the 250 out on I-25 for the first freeway ride last Sunday. After her first time in a strong cross wind on a section of 83 that near put her in the other lane, followed by her first ride in pouring rain, she was tired and wet and said screw it, lets take the freeway home. She did well but the corner at the intechange freaked her out a bit at that speed. When we finally got her home she had done her first 100+ mi. day (she had a 99mi. earlier :) ).
Aww the joys of learning to ride, keep it up!

MetaLord 9
Thu Sep 17th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Nawtee got the 250 out on I-25 for the first freeway ride last Sunday. After her first time in a strong cross wind on a section of 83 that near put her in the other lane, followed by her first ride in pouring rain, she was tired and wet and said screw it, lets take the freeway home. She did well but the corner at the intechange freaked her out a bit at that speed. When we finally got her home she had done her first 100+ mi. day (she had a 99mi. earlier :) ).
Aww the joys of learning to ride, keep it up!
woohoo! That's great! Now she's gotta start ride'n out to the HH's with ya so we can see her on her ride!

Aphrodite
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 05:09 PM
Ya I25 rush hour bites especially evenings going North from 225 up past 6th then it is unknown territory for me during rush hour. Lotz of peeps on them damn cells not lookin' for two wheels. So keep your eyes peeled for inattentive riders.

MileHighColt
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I avoid I-25 like the plague/swine flu. I commute from 136th and Colorado down to Cherry Creek erry day and take back roads just about the whole way except for a little jaunt through Commerce City (which is always an adventure). Keep your eyes out for all the idiots!!

GSXR750Rider
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Bueller, I'm glad Nawtee finally got out there! There is only one way to learn and thats to get your feet wet. So apparently she got her feet wet, and whet on the highways, that awsome! Great, next thing you know she'll be wanting to go canyon carvin!! Congrats Nawtee!!