PDA

View Full Version : So Nate...

ahsix
Mon Jul 28th, 2003, 09:05 AM
how are the leathers? :)

Boy Scout
Mon Jul 28th, 2003, 12:03 PM
They're great :up:! I went out for a quick ride Friday night, on the club ride Saturday, then wore them to Floyd's class yesterday. It's taking a little while to get use to everything: new suit, new gloves, and new boots. Everything is a little stiff yet, but getting better. The fit is pretty good (could be a little better if I'd work on my width to height ratio :) ). They are much warmer than the jeans and jacket that I've gotten used to this summer, but far cooler than the black cruiser leathers I wore prior to my sportbike. I can't imagine not having a perforated suit with the temperatures we've been having lately. It is extremely comfortable when moving, but even it get's a little warm when standing still. Unzipping and/or removing the jacket (when stopped) helps a lot and is quick and easy to do.

One other tidbit to add, most people know you need to buy and wear the appropriate gear. Aside from the obvious protection it offers, it also helps to take your mind off of the fact that you're only wearing jeans and thus constantly expending energy worrying about going down rather than focusing on the ride. This side-effect was a little bit unexpected. While I don't feel invincible in my leathers (nor should I), it is one less thing consuming part of my one dollar's worth of attention leaving more change available for focusing on other things -- including enjoying the ride!

Reminder: The same suit in a size US 50 is for sale in the For Sale (http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1525) section.

ahsix
Mon Jul 28th, 2003, 01:13 PM
nice writeup, i'll have to do the same when I get my TZ1 :)

Boy Scout
Mon Aug 4th, 2003, 10:14 PM
Any word on your suit? Should be coming any day now.

ahsix
Tue Aug 5th, 2003, 09:23 AM
yep, its on its way...should be delivered today! :D

Wolf-R1
Mon Aug 11th, 2003, 08:53 AM
Totally agree with you on your train of thought while wearing jeans vs. leather. There's some subconcious safety thing going on there whenever I wear my leather pants vs. just denim. Ride more confidently with the leather.