PDA

View Full Version : Is my two piece suit OK for the MRA school?

Young Luke
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Hi guys,

I'm doing the race school this weekend and just wanted some opinions on whether my leathers are OK or not.

I have a two piece alpinestars suit that zips together. There is about 6 inches in the front that doesn't have zipper (made that way). Does this constitute full circumference or not? Is it sufficent for the school or not?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Polar X
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 09:09 AM
I am pretty sure as long as it is a full circumference zipper and not the 8 inch on the back only type, you should be fine. I am waiting to here from Mark Shellenger, I will ask him and get back to ya. :)

Young Luke
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Well the zipper comes around from the left front right where your first belt loop would be (if they were jeans) all the way around to the right front where the last belt loop would be. Just not sure if that's "full circumference" or not.

Anonymous
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Polar X is correct - the "full-zip" suit goes about 90% of the way around (with a few inches not zipped in the front). The non-full-zip is only about 7 or 8 inches of zipper in the back.

Your A-star suit will be just fine. 8)

Young Luke
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Sweet. I really didn't want to have to get something new yet. :)

Thanks!

ebazyl
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 11:22 AM
You should be ok. There where people racing last year with a zipper in the back that was road rashed through.

japrules
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 04:22 PM
My opinion.. if your zipper is attached to some nylon flap and not directly to leather I wouldn't use it in race conditions in a million years.. if you slide you are going to end up with nasty road rash on your back and or ass. It ain't gonna be pretty.

J

Young Luke
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Well, it survived one crash already, but I decided I'm not taking chances.

I've got two one piece suits on order from Dennis Kirk (two different sizes) that will be here Thursday. I should be good to go with one of them.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Shameless plug: Dennis Kirk www.denniskirk.com (http://www.denniskirk.com) Is really cool. They usually have everything in stock (show in stock quantities on their site) have a 90 day return policy and no restocking fee unless you go over the 90 days.

Rick T.
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Well, it survived one crash already, but I decided I'm not taking chances.

I've got two one piece suits on order from Dennis Kirk (two different sizes) that will be here Thursday. I should be good to go with one of them.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Shameless plug: Dennis Kirk www.denniskirk.com (http://www.denniskirk.com) Is really cool. They usually have everything in stock (show in stock quantities on their site) have a 90 day return policy and no restocking fee unless you go over the 90 days.

I guess its a bit late at this point... but I've always used www.newenough.com and Ebay! Can't beat the deals from either sources.

Note: Teknic suits run really small. Count on getting a size bigger than what you normally wear.

Nbot
Sat Apr 2nd, 2005, 01:22 PM
The only suit off the rack that i could find that fit me properly was a JR 2 piece Highside suit...I'm 6'2" and 165lbs (skinny)...almost all suits that fit me tightly (and not 8-10 inches of bagginess) were designed for someone that is 5'10"...which doesn't make for a happy crotch...I went with the 2 piece as a compromise for the fit.