PDA

View Full Version : Cops up north

CougarKat
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Sure have a tampon up their @$$3$ today! I just pissed off a cop coming home, thing is he's OFF duty. In his own vehicle. All I did was drive in 2nd gear at 45 mph so my Rpms were high, Yeah I know my bike is a bit loud, Who cares, Noise oridence isn't until 8PM! Had a long crappy day and he's got the guts to pull up next to me and tell me that, I told him he can go fuck a pig. GRRRRR. Pretty sure he's gonna be lookin out of me, and if I get a ticket by HIM I got his plates! proves he's been stalkin me! Lol. (had to vent)

Nick_Ninja
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 04:58 PM
You GO GIRL!!!! :up:

King Nothing
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 06:12 PM
don't be a moron and ride around in second gear with your engine screaming. It's just as annoying as harley guys and their straight pipes. No difference whatsoever. I have no sympathy for you because you chose to be a inconsiderate of everyone else.

Nick_Ninja
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 06:15 PM
don't be a moron and ride around in second gear with your engine screaming. It's just as annoying as harley guys and their straight pipes. No difference whatsoever. I have no sympathy for you because you chose to be a inconsiderate of everyone else.

Ms. Manners speaks.

Tipys
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Sure have a tampon up their @$$3$ today! I just pissed off a cop coming home, thing is he's OFF duty. In his own vehicle. All I did was drive in 2nd gear at 45 mph so my Rpms were high, Yeah I know my bike is a bit loud, Who cares, Noise oridence isn't until 8PM! Had a long crappy day and he's got the guts to pull up next to me and tell me that, I told him he can go fuck a pig. GRRRRR. Pretty sure he's gonna be lookin out of me, and if I get a ticket by HIM I got his plates! proves he's been stalkin me! Lol. (had to vent)

Thats not going to matter (The Stalking part). He is probly just going to show up at your front door with a ticket when he gets back on duty. And yes he can do that.

RajunCajun
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 08:05 PM

^+100^

I understand but really, you r just adding to the stigma that every person on a sportbike is a prick,,,,even just returning the favor like you did. It never hurts to be the bigger person.

sloridr
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I don't thinks that was the smartest move you could of made...:banghead:

LambeauXLIV
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 08:51 PM
If I'm riding in an area with heavy traffic, I usually keep the RPMs at about 8000-10000...it just makes it easier to get out of a hairy situation quickly.

sloridr
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 09:01 PM
If I'm riding in an area with heavy traffic, I usually keep the RPMs at about 8000-10000...it just makes it easier to get out of a hairy situation quickly.
I find i can down shift pretty quick which elimnates all the extra noise.:turtle:

PhL0aTeR
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 09:05 PM
All I did was drive in 2nd gear at 45 mph so my Rpms were high, Yeah I know my bike is a bit loud, Who cares, Noise oridence isn't until 8PM!

just goes to show you that just because its not illegal, doesnt mean its smart. kinda like open carry being legal.... walking around with a gun strapped to your hip.... you get a lot of unwanted attention.... or maybe you want the attention....

King Nothing
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 09:22 PM
just goes to show you that just because its not illegal, doesnt mean its smart. kinda like open carry being legal.... walking around with a gun strapped to your hip.... you get a lot of unwanted attention.... or maybe you want the attention....
It's obvious she got the attention she craved, then she complained when someone told to stop being an attention whore.

CaneZach
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Damn, someone beat me to the punch.

Tipys
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 09:48 PM
DaMn, someone beat me to the punch.

Why you talking about me like that.

= Buckeye Jess =
Sun Sep 20th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Gee Doug, you mean you don't think "go fuck a pig" is an appropriate remark in every situation? :rolleyes:

C'mon over and join Zach and me for root beers.

Aphrodite
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 07:57 AM
I don't think you did anything wrong, until you told him to go fuck a pig, not good, if you didn't do that I'd say go to his superiors......but nothing to say now it was a pissing match between you two.

BTW how did he get to talk to you at all from his POV if I don't see lights or them flashing a badge or two wheels to ride on I don't sit around chit chatting? Might consider checking into the tag of that car anyway may not have been a cop at all but a mall cop/security, ya know?

2wheelsgood
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:35 AM
Well Cougarkat, hm. Remember that people say things on the internet in ways that, in my experience at least, they would say in a more civil and diplomatic way face-to-face. I've actually had people threaten to beat my ass on the net (as an example from other forums and other times, nothing to do with this forum or conversation) and then met them in person and found them to be quite well-mannered and polite. It's just something the net seems to bring out in people, myself included. So try not to take it personally. :-)

On the other hand, for what it's worth, although I am no expert, and still learn something about street survival on a bike with every ride, one of the most important things I've learned on bikes in traffic (where we do most of our riding) is that Conflict Management is a very important skill--I would say more important that technical riding ability, as far as day-to-day riding in traffic goes.

I will never be the most skilled rider at actually handling and operating the motorcycle, but I've gotten pretty good at reading the surrounding traffic. I can tell when somebody is gonna change lanes often before the driver themself knows for sure what they are gonna do. Learning to anticipate and avoid conflict, and trying to maintain 360 degree awareness of traffic is a skill much more important to me than being the most accomplished rider, technically speaking. It keeps me out of the hospital! :-)

I generally haven't used sound (engine noise, horn) to keep the drivers around me aware of my presence, mostly because they often have their windows shut with the radio going or talking on their celphones or yelling at their kids or whatever, so I can't count on noise, so usually I do it visually--keeping my bike where everybody can see me, making eye contact, or at least seeing their face looking in my direction for example. Until I SEE them look at me, as far as I'm concerned, they don't know I'm there. And it's all situation dependent, of course, and I don't always get that eye contact but in that case, my Terminator HUD overlay in my brain marks that car as a more serious hazard than the rest of the surrounding traffic.

Ah, the Terminator HUD Overlay... it's awesome. Got mine at Walmart on sale. Installing it was a real Headache, ba-dum bump! I'll be here all week! Be sure to tip your waitress.

From your description, it doesn't sound like you were making noise to make other drivers aware of your presence, you were just enjoying the sound of your bike. I've done it, we've all done it. :-) But I think some of the flak you are catching is from people who are aware that there are a lot of people out there who just plain don't like motorcycles, and they are concerned about anything that gives motorcycles and their riders a "bad image". The city of Denver passed a law last year prohibiting loud pipes, and these days, there is always some group looking to ban something or other. I would imagine that is where some of the frustration you are seeing is coming from.

Again, try not to take the criticism too personally. If we all were sitting around some beers together talking about this rather than on a forum, people would make the same points, but I'm sure the conversation would be a lot more easy-going and friendly. It's just the net. :-)

--Robert

Sean
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:39 AM
Probably one of those riders that barrels up and down Sheridan (right by my window) racing to the next stop light winding out the gears....:banghead:

Straight roads and stoplights! :rock:

sloridr
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:23 AM
Probably one of those riders that barrels up and down Sheridan (right by my window) racing to the next stop light winding out the gears....:banghead:

Straight roads and stoplights! :rock:
Rockin the flat spot... Baby

pauliep
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:38 AM

+1 to King Nothing

Police have every right to stop your ass and correct you on the spot IMO. I'm happy he did. Get over it. For them to take the time out of their personal life while not being paid for such sounds like sacerfice and being a service to the community to me. Because next time you get robbed at gun point by three thugs and no patrol car is around, bet you sure as hell will hope there is an off-duty cop around like that guy to step in.

Sickens me you want to tell off someone for doing such a thing. Here's to you fuck nut that can't suffer a bad day but take out on someone else... drop your kickstand and get the fuck off your high horse.

Sully
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:57 AM
whoah Pauliep... +1 :applause:

Ol'Skool
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 01:31 PM
Riding around at 45mph in 2nd gear screams newbie or A-hole. The "go fuck a pig" isnt going to help anyone either. Be careful and be aware there are road ragers aplenty out there also and being on 2 wheels is a huge disadvantage.
3rd is one shift up :)

Skinbabe
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 01:37 PM
Okay... so I dont know the person who posted this thread... and yes, I think what she did was stupid.... but why is every one being so mean? Did I miss something and there is something personal going on in here?

Its fine to post up your opinion but I dont think name calling and all the hostility is necessary???

Skinbabe
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 01:38 PM
Riding around at 45mph in 2nd gear screams newbie or A-hole. The "go fuck a pig" isnt going to help anyone either. Be careful and be aware there are road ragers aplenty out there also and being on 2 wheels is a huge disadvantage.
3rd is one shift up :)

Yeah... like that!!

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 01:43 PM
Okay... so I dont know the person who posted this thread... and yes, I think what she did was stupid.... but why is every one being so mean? Did I miss something and there is something personal going on in here?

Its fine to post up your opinion but I dont think name calling and all the hostility is necessary???

Because a lot of people have nuts on the internet.

Ol'Skool
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 01:46 PM
I thought my post was "G" rated compared to King Nothing or RaginCajuns posts. Ive offered to ride with her before.You wanna see hate? piss off NickNinja.
I ended with a :)

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 01:54 PM
Doug was just being a brutally honest asshole. I can relate.

Elliot was being an agreeing politically correct responder.

Other people were following suit because the levee had been broken and it was now "OK" to make a comment without the fear of being ostracized for a harsh reaction to the OP's post.

I for one have seen some of the people who were harsh ride in a VERY similar manner to the OP.

I have seen some of them do more retarded things.

I have not, however, seen anyone treat a police office in such a way, so the criticism may be fitting. To me it seemed more like a personal attack tho.

All I am saying is that the internet gives JUST enough anonymity to allow people to say things they would not have the nuts to say to a person IRL. Even tho they will all reply stating that they would. I have know most of them long enough to know they would not.

King Nothing
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 01:54 PM
I thought my post was "G" rated compared to King Nothing or RaginCajuns posts. Ive offered to ride with her before.You wanna see hate? piss off NickNinja.

I didn't say anything hateful. I just call 'em like I see them.

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 01:55 PM
Actually calling the OP a moron was hateful.

You have no idea how many pissed off morons are out there feeling insulted, now.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 01:56 PM

Hey! I resemble that remark. I don't hate cops per se, just cops with attitudes. :)

Mother Goose
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 01:59 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/8/1/128936607189007284.jpg

King Nothing
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 02:02 PM
I think the op's actions speak for themselves. Moron might be too kind. Is she anattention whore? I think we can all agree that that is assured.

OUTLAWD
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 02:03 PM
I don't know about CBR gearing, but 45mph in 2nd on my gixxer (+3 rear) is just over 6k...not at all a nusance IMO, but a quiet exhaust helps.

If someone were to give me shit for rolling around at 6k, I would probably tell them to fuck off as well...not a cop mind you, but to each there own. the map on my bike is a bit rough down low, and the thing surges like a mother at anything under 5k, and I cruise down 25 at over 7k all day....so what is the big deal???

I guess this makes me a newb squid moron who seeks attention as well...OP, maybe later we can go race up and down sheridan hoping to see sean...:roll:

those on your high and mighty soapboxes...get off them

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 02:05 PM
Oh Lawd!

I mean, OUTLAWD!!!

Ol'Skool
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 02:06 PM
I resemble that remark. I don't hate cops per se, just cops with attitudes. :)
Hey! me too! :)

Nick_Ninja
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 02:07 PM
"But Officer, if I don't wrap it out it will stall." "And besides, I don't want to build up carbon on the valves."

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 02:10 PM
I accelerated as quickly and safely as I could to the posted speed limit.

Ol'Skool
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 02:18 PM
A man gets pulled over after a long high speed chase. The cop says "if you can give me an excuse for speeding Ive never heard before, you're free to go".
Man thinks for a second then replies.
"My wife left me for a cop a few weeks ago. I saw your car and thought you were bringing her back".

RajunCajun
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 02:20 PM
Actually calling the OP a moron was hateful.

You have no idea how many pissed off morons are out there feeling insulted, now.

Hey, I resemble that remark!!:scream1: Uhhh, did I say that out loud?

sky_blue
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 02:22 PM
45mph in second gear in my bike is like 7500 RPM. Not even CLOSE to screaming.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 02:22 PM
A man gets pulled over after a long high speed chase. The cop says "if you can give me an excuse for speeding Ive never heard before, you're free to go".
Man thinks for a second then replies.
"My wife left me for a cop a few weeks ago. I saw your car and thought you were bringing her back".

................................. and he was tasered soon after.

(btw - good joke :up:)

RajunCajun
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah, no real need to call someone names but it's hard to convey your opinion that someone is acting like asshat without using the word, asshat. I guess if you had a somewhat educated vernacular, you could come up with less offensive ways of saying asshat. Did I use "vernacular" correctly ;) Not sure, I'm from Louisiana.

Anyway, I think being PC is for a buch of bitch ass pussies that can't handle reality, and I don't say anything, anywhere, that I wouldn't say to someone's face. But, that ideology has gotten me into lots of trouble and have even lost some friends cuz of it, granted they were bitch ass pussies that I mighta been better of without, anyway,,,, dammit, there I go again.

Anyway, I agree with Dana. There isn't a real need to talk a bunch of shit to to the OP. If you disagree, it's easy to say that with being an asshat, yourslef,,,,,, I never said I was any good at it:cussing:

Skinbabe
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 02:31 PM

I said "like that" quoting you meaning your post was good and not personal or hateful, good post :)

SaShWhO
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 02:44 PM
tell me more about ass pussies!!!
sounds like fun

mtnairlover
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 02:52 PM
Um, to learn more about CougarKat, go here...http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=501758&postcount=3176

So, while calling police officers names is not the best way to win 'em over (said understatedly on purpose)...let's not do the same with our reputation as a loving club.

Ok so I kinda said that tongue in cheek, but honestly, such insults...sheesh!

No one likes getting pulled over. No one likes to be insulted. And more importantly, no one wants to be insulted while trying to learn something new. A little bit of positive direction would go a long way (hopefully).

As you were.:)

vmax2003
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 03:00 PM

I truly do not believe that you actually told him to fuck a pig...that right there would have given him some kind of cause to pull you over whether he was on duty or not.

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 03:01 PM
I truly do not believe that you actually told him to fuck a pig...that right there would have given him some kind of cause to pull you over whether he was on duty or not.
And I think that the essence of everybody's derogatory commentary boils down the that statement right there.....

dapper
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 03:03 PM
CougarKat,
How does this thread make YOU feel with the responses about your past situation?

In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments--there are consequences. Robert G. Ingersoll

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 03:03 PM
Actually the only way to resolve this entire mess is for her to post up her baby feeders. That would clean the slate.

vmax2003
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 03:05 PM
Actually the only way to resolve this entire mess is for her to post up her baby feeders. That would clean the slate.

LMAO....:shocked:

RajunCajun
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 03:06 PM
tell me more about ass pussies!!!
sounds like fun

LOL!

Well, actually, there taint much difference BETWEEN the two. HAHAHAHA!

SaShWhO
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 03:08 PM
here's to baby feeders, ass pussies and taint:drink:

RajunCajun
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 03:09 PM
here's to baby feeders, ass pussies and taint:drink:

I'll drink to that!!!!:drink:

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 03:14 PM
Why Elliot? Why in the name of all that is good did you go there and get Sasch started???? lol

RajunCajun
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 03:15 PM
Why Elliot? Why in the name of all that is good did you go there and get Sasch started???? lol

Taint nothin I did!

SaShWhO
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 03:32 PM
cum on jess~~~bring da pics

= Buckeye Jess =
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 03:37 PM
LMAO....COME on Sash....what pics? He wasn't asking for pics of MINE! lol

SaShWhO
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 03:43 PM

taint is taint aint it

Midget Hellion
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 03:47 PM

http://www.interwood.tw/productImages/comatic/images/M3.jpg

I don't understand the excitement in seeing this...but since Dana asked, there is a picture of a "Baby Feeder" :?:canuck:

Midget Hellion
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 03:48 PM

We aren't picky...hers, yours, DO EEEET!

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 03:49 PM

There was a saying of which I read long, long ago... in a time before Twitter and Facebook and OMGLOOKATME. A time where all one needed was Windows 95 and a modem. A time when the BBS's ruled the land and Zorg had kids in their basements for days on end. During the time, the saying I learned was an absolute.... a calling to be headed at all costs. To forfeit the warning given by this message was suicide.

tits or gtfo.

CougarKat
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 04:19 PM
I'm not afraid to call people as I see them. Esp since this isnt the FIRST or SECOND, OR HELL THIRD run in with this cop. I know what my bike can do and what it can't and its still well below the sound oridence, and that I know for a fact by FEEL. I'm deaf, I've had to learn my way around this world differently. Just because I can hear some now doesn't change my living means. I've said worse to cops, and in the end I still ended up being friends with them. I already had a bad day that day and for him to roll his window down the third lane over......grr..... Don't open your mouth if you don't know shit, simple as that. I've cursed out worse with sign but got tired of people not knowin what I say. He can do as he wants and pleases but as my friends have informed me at BPD he has NO legal rights doing ANYTHING off duty. I respect cops that respect me. and mind you, I was in 2nd gear gearing DOWN from third, Preparing for either stop or go as there's 3 lights you hit PLUS a railroad track right after, ya think I wanna peel off and hit the tracks goin more than 25? HAha. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. FYI for those of you that wanna bitch and moan about "speed limit" Check out this past weekend, Honeslty who WAS going the speed limit neverless NOT crossin over double yellow????? I went the speed limit that day HE just was pissy and therefore I already was, so it was a "cat-fight". as I said, ain't the first lash-out, but the first verbal one. He can do what he wants, BPD has my ass covered.

Cat118!
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 05:15 PM
If it was Broomfield I will laugh my ass off if it was my brother..... Chuck Norris pees his pants when he sees my brother

CougarKat
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 05:19 PM
The only problem I have with most responses is due to the fact that because he's a COP you all think it was OK for him to do what he has. It was straight out wrong, Cop or not. You're supporting his actions, and yet no one takes the time to ever think why people impersonate as a cop to begin with! They get away with loads just because they're a "cop". As I said I respect them, got my fair share of them, but Cop or not, He was disrespectful, I don't stick my head inside his car and say "Turn down that damn stereo, Or putz, get off the fuckin phone!"

Ol'Skool
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 05:21 PM
Your post made it sound like you were cruising down the street in 2nd gear because you liked the sound of your loud exhaust.
Im all for tough sounding exhausts but there is a limit. Cant stand the kids racing down the streets blaring their $300 muffler attached to their $500 civics and thinking their cars fast.
Also, tact can be your friend.
Be safe out there.

CougarKat
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 05:32 PM
Same thing I'll say here as I do with Texting, also in reference as most have said here (most won't say what they do here in the box, out in real life) TEXTS, WORDS, Posts.....Don't show real emotion. I do what I do because its the way I am. Don't "ass"ume. Proven theory, you become the "ass" in that.

Cat118!
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 05:36 PM
be kinda weird if someone other than a cop was following you....:think:

not saying I am perfect.... but If I was riding anything less than perfect and had a "cop" issue I wouldnt post it on the board pointing the figure elsewhere..or making excuse. Think I only had one run in and its comical NOW....but SHIT... I WAS PISSED I got pulled over... Mad as Hell.... but I knew I was in the wrong.

(stupid crazy passenger!!)

TFOGGuys
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 05:45 PM
Sometimes, discretion is the better part of valor...
http://www.zilefile.com/files/268_1rlca/opinions%20-%20for%20christs%20sake,%20keep%20them%20to%20your self.jpg

willb003
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 06:14 PM
Did someone mention gooch?

P_Mahone
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 07:42 PM
whoa!
lots of butt kissing here lmao
dont think the police are all righteous and all.they arent.
sounds like barney fife should shut his hole.and drive and leave people alone.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 07:48 PM
whoa!
lots of butt kissing here lmao
dont think the police are all righteous and all.they arent.
sounds like barney fife should shut his hole.and drive and leave people alone.

Welcome to the Police State thread.

whitebrad
Tue Sep 22nd, 2009, 03:34 AM
for all of you out there, well, here goes... Due to a recent philosophical and religious conversion (read: athiesm to agnosticism) i now like pie

Zach929rr
Tue Sep 22nd, 2009, 09:06 AM
i now like pie

Success!

pauliep
Tue Sep 22nd, 2009, 11:09 AM
He can do as he wants and pleases but as my friends have informed me at BPD he has NO legal rights doing ANYTHING off duty.

Like you, I'll call the bs when I see it...

Just because I don't like bad word being passed, this sounded too ridiculous. They do have legal right to act. They base this on the severity of what's going on to help them decide on interjecting into a situation. i.e. class 1 misdeminor or life&death...

Spoke with a Sergeant at PBD with 37 years on.

Now back to youR hissy fit with your pipe, I agee with you that it would be excessive for someone off-duty to interject with you. Sounds like this cop has singled you out and hasn't forgotten you.

sp0rtygrl
Tue Sep 22nd, 2009, 05:50 PM
I’m sure you were not doing anything wrong until you told the cop to go fuck a pig lol.
Cops do have bad days and can be total dicks I should know one lives right next door to me and everyday is a bad day for him. He has told me stories where people have pissed him off when he was off duty and the next day he personally paid them a visit at there residence with ticket in hand. In the end it's just not worth it ....vent here not to a cop.

Monster
Tue Sep 22nd, 2009, 07:02 PM
I don't know about CBR gearing, but 45mph in 2nd on my gixxer (+3 rear) is just over 6k...not at all a nusance IMO, but a quiet exhaust helps.

If someone were to give me shit for rolling around at 6k, I would probably tell them to fuck off as well...not a cop mind you, but to each there own. the map on my bike is a bit rough down low, and the thing surges like a mother at anything under 5k, and I cruise down 25 at over 7k all day....so what is the big deal???

I guess this makes me a newb squid moron who seeks attention as well...OP, maybe later we can go race up and down sheridan hoping to see sean...:roll:

those on your high and mighty soapboxes...get off them

I AGREE. First thing I thought was 45 in second can't be that bad

Midget Hellion
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 08:27 AM
Like you, I'll call the bs when I see it...

Just because I don't like bad word being passed, this sounded too ridiculous. They do have legal right to act. They base this on the severity of what's going on to help them decide on interjecting into a situation. i.e. class 1 misdeminor or life&death...

Spoke with a Sergeant at PBD with 37 years on.

Now back to youR hissy fit with your pipe, I agee with you that it would be excessive for someone off-duty to interject with you. Sounds like this cop has singled you out and hasn't forgotten you.

+1

If it is in their jurisdiction, and they feel like doing the paperwork, they can interject and write a ticket to be delivered later. A ticket does NOT always get handed to you at the time of the incident.

Ricky
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 11:42 AM
I ride my bike how I want to ride it, in whatever gear I want to be in, and if you don't like it, there's nothing you can do about it. My bike is stock, including my exhaust, which means no matter how high my RPMs are, the noise level should be within legal limits. If I want to ride around at 60mph in 1st gear (about 12-13k), I'll fucking do it. And when you tell me I'm being an asshole, I'll point to your aftermarket exhaust and call you a hypocrite. But to call my (and others') similar actions noobish (which I am not) or squidish (which I am not), especially when you don't actually know how loud 45mph in 2nd gear is, is ridiculous. The name calling, on the other hand, is definitely the incorrect approach.

45 in 2nd gear is about 7k on my bike. Well within acceptable limits. As for the cop name calling, you'll find that when you approach with more smarts than they're capable of understanding (which is common... that's why they're cops) they tend to be a lot nicer, unless they KNOW they are in the wrong, and just having a bad day. Often they don't know how to deal with someone who doesn't get angry or riled up over situations like this. I had a cop threaten to pull me over and check my info after I had used my engine in place of my horn, to get his attention (he was on the phone in his car weacing in his lane, and then stopped in the middle of a crosswalk), and when I calmly told him that I would be more than happy to allow him to take the time to pull over and run me, he wouldn't take the opportunity. He just continued to yell and scream, while I kept my cool. They seriously don't know how to deal with that sort of person when they're up on their pedestal.

kawasakirob
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 12:24 PM
Loud pipes save lives bro's...

P_Mahone
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 03:36 PM
Loud pipes save lives bro's...

jeebus that is the DUMBEST saying EVER.
if you rely on sounds to stay safe and alive??? lets have the BLIND get bikes and ride !!!!
sound has a place in your phases of awareness.like 5th or 6th on the list of what u need to be doing /paying attention to.
my buell is so loud between the intake noise,exhuast noise,v twin clanking noise and the helmet and wind,i cant really hear a lot.the eyes have it,keep ur head on a swivel and always keep looking around and all over.
loud pipes lmao

dapper
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 03:47 PM
if you rely on sounds to stay safe and alive??? lets have the BLIND get bikes and ride !!!!
sound has a place in your phases of awareness.like 5th or 6th on the list of what u need to be doing /paying attention to.
my buell is so loud between the intake noise,exhuast noise,v twin clanking noise and the helmet and wind,i cant really hear a lot.the eyes have it,keep ur head on a swivel and always keep looking around and all over.
loud pipes lmao
Maybe P_Mahone and CougarKat should date...
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6689&highlight=loud+pipes

Zach929rr
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 03:49 PM
loud pipes lmao

Before you unwad your pantyhosen, let me inform you that he was being a touch facetious.

P_Mahone
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:07 PM
Before you unwad your pantyhosen, let me inform you that he was being a touch facetious.
i know he was :drink:

CaneZach
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:08 PM
Is this bullshit still going?:puke:

I'll tell you what, here's to you!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f1/A&W_Logo.svg/755px-A&W_Logo.svg.png

Zach929rr
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:08 PM
Oh, well in that case he was totally serious.

Barq's is better fag.

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:09 PM
Barq's and IBC are a moot point in this case homo.

Zach929rr
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:10 PM
Barq's rules that shit like Stalin.

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:11 PM
This t'aint 'bout no root beer boi!

Aphrodite
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:15 PM
Damn rain is making people crabby.

that is all.

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:16 PM
Sunny and bright up here! :doublefinger:

Devaclis
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:17 PM
Still no pics?

FTL

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:17 PM
pics?

oh ya...dana wants boobies

Aphrodite
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:19 PM
Frak- pouring rain here all afternoon. :banghead:

Nick_Ninja
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
It's purging nao so we ride dry this weekend :D

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
At the risk of entirely screwing myself and my commute back home - we haven't had snowflake ONE up here since I got to work! :)

= Buckeye Jess =
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:21 PM
It's purging nao so we ride dry this weekend :D
you drinking and typing or something? :drink::drink::drink:

Nick_Ninja
you drinking and typing or something? :drink::drink::drink:

nope @ work :alien:

CaneZach
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm251/canezach/AttentionWhore-721511.jpg

Aphrodite
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:24 PM
No flakes yet around here, (Alameda/Sheridan) but lots of wet stuff. :(

P_Mahone
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:25 PM
No flakes yet around here, (Alameda/Sheridan) but lots of wet stuff. :(

wet stuff??????
:shocked:

Nick_Ninja
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:30 PM
Red mtn:

http://www.cotrip.org/images/ws/camera?imageURL=158

Aphrodite
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:32 PM
^ frak so depressing :cry:

Nick_Ninja
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:35 PM
Tell me about it.

Midget Hellion
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 04:49 PM
I ride my bike how I want to ride it, in whatever gear I want to be in, and if you don't like it, there's nothing you can do about it. My bike is stock, including my exhaust, which means no matter how high my RPMs are, the noise level should be within legal limits. If I want to ride around at 60mph in 1st gear (about 12-13k), I'll fucking do it. And when you tell me I'm being an asshole, I'll point to your aftermarket exhaust and call you a hypocrite. But to call my (and others') similar actions noobish (which I am not) or squidish (which I am not), especially when you don't actually know how loud 45mph in 2nd gear is, is ridiculous. The name calling, on the other hand, is definitely the incorrect approach.

45 in 2nd gear is about 7k on my bike. Well within acceptable limits. As for the cop name calling, you'll find that when you approach with more smarts than they're capable of understanding (which is common... that's why they're cops)

A few things that I feel are noteworthy. She has a Yoshimura exhaust, I know from experience that "high RPM's" on a Yosh pipe are pretty damn loud. It might not be over any legal limits, but it sounds freakin' loud and has a higher pitch then some pipes. I don't really care if she does it, but if you are going to have aftermarket or loud pipes, you should be prepared to deal with this kind of thing. Also, if your loud pipes start drawing attention to other people and it negatively effects them, you can bet they are going to tell you in one way or another.

The comment about cops being cops because they lack intelligence (as you implied) is way off base. That is like saying a Chef is a Chef because they weren't strong enough to work construction (They chose the job because it was what they wanted to do). True, some cops do it for power, others do it to actually make a difference or enforce the laws.

On a separate note to the OP, you mentioned that you could "feel" that your bike is not over any kind of decibel limit. Have you actually felt the decibel limit? Also, when a noise approaches that limit, does it "feel" annoying or cause discomfort? (I am not being an ass, I truly would like to know)

Monster
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 09:16 PM
wow there is a lot of love up in here. Ride how you want to ride and be prepared to pay the piper if your breaking the law. I have one bike with a Yoshi, one bike with a D&D and I had a full system Erion racing exhaust. All three are tits but the Yoshi had the lowest sound and at only 6K on the rpms isn't that bad. Now my D&D is another story.

rybo
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 09:36 PM
Looks like this has gotten off topic...guess it's done