PDA

View Full Version : Last day of summer my a$$

TFOGGuys
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:27 AM
It's freakin snowing here at the shop! :wtf:

I hope it's done before I ride home tonight......

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:30 AM
I hit snow for about 50' on my way in this morning. It was more of a wet hail, but it was white!

These Kenda Carlsbad tires suck soooooo bad on wet pavement. I need to get my hooligan tires mounted up ASAP.

Sean
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:36 AM
Snow???????? :wtf:?
:banghead:

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:39 AM
SNOW?? Where do you all work/live?

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:40 AM
Live in Highlands Ranch

Work in DTC

Snow was on University just North of Orchard at 6:30.

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:44 AM
wow.. I was REALLY hoping you lived in the mountains. Thats a little to close to home for me. Its to early for this white stuff. :(

Matty
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:44 AM
it's snowing in the DTC right now!!! Well more of a a light hail, but it looks like flakes from my window.

Matty
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:45 AM
Its to early for this white stuff. :(
fuck no..... it's about time.

asp_125
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:46 AM
I know! White stuff here at DTC! WTF?!!

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:50 AM
Yeah, the weather and I were just riding together, having some fun. I was protected so I was was pushing it, playing in the puddles and sliding on the wet pavement. I guess the weather got a little too excited and just shot its white stuff all over me. It only lasted a second then the weather stopped and took a bit of a nap.

Sean
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:51 AM
Just rain in Boulder. It looked bad on the weather so I actually drove into work today. 4th time I drove in like 6 mo.

You need to start being quiet, son. :scream1:

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I am in the Firemans Fund building on the 7th floor and the white stuff is falling from the sky, FTL :(

SOCAL4LIFE!!
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:53 AM

Let me get out of here before it starts snowing.. to late its snowing over by Buckley. :cry:

Matty
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:54 AM
You need to start being quiet, son. :scream1:

SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW

Sean
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:55 AM
:321:

Nick_Ninja
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:57 AM
STFU Matty. There is one more epic ride to do yet.

MileHighColt
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:57 AM

I'll agree with Matty as long as it stays in the mountains. I'd prefer dry pavement here and 1-2' in the mountains. Get the boards waxed!!!

asp_125
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:58 AM
:music: Oh the weather outside is frightful ..... :music:

zetaetatheta
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:58 AM
Got sleet here in Manitou at the moment, I imagine Woodland Park is getting the white stuff.

~Barn~
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 09:59 AM

Ha! +1

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:00 AM
If you notice, the people who love the snow, never ride in it.

cromer611
Im moving to a desert gdit

Devaclis
AND they love the cock.

asp_125
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:01 AM
Time to put studded tires on the DRZ Dana?

MetaLord 9
Just rain'n in the 'Ranch

64BonnieLass
Huge flakes at my house. Dumping pretty good here in the Ranch. :shocked: Guess I won't mow today.

I say we all band together and beat Matty up. I just know this is all his fault. :)

UglykidJoe
aauuggh, Dry Creek and East Inverness, snow, hail, something, I don't know, jeeze

MetaLord 9
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:02 AM
Fail. I both love and have ridden in snow before. :D

Snowman
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:04 AM
Wooo Hooo! who else rode today?

PunyJuney
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:04 AM
Big fluffy flakes here in Morrison. I don't live far from MoCo, nothing is sticking to the road yet but there is 1/4 inch on my lawn......wait, is that Matty in my yard on his snowboard?

Hack Job
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:05 AM
couple flakes here in aurora a few min. ago :cry:

MileHighColt

Not true. I ride year 'round. Not my favorite thing to do, but I'll do it.

Matty
I say we all band together and beat Matty up. I just know this is all his fault. :)
Snowball fight!!!!!

Hahahaha.... Roxy (my puppy) is quite entertained with the falling snow.

Devaclis
Fail. I both love and have ridden in snow before. :D

But you didn't do it on purpose :)

I have a set of Metzlers we can stud of for your Ninja. Make it a FUN winter!

~Barn~
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:06 AM
You ever notice how the people who hate on the people who love the snow, are transplants?

MetaLord 9
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:06 AM
I've never intentionally gone out to ride because it's snowing. I don't need to prove anything

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:07 AM
Time to put studded tires on the DRZ Dana?

Yeah, I am hoping to have TFOG stud up my Kendas for me. I rode my stock Deathwings last yeah and they did OK but not great.

One thing I have found to make my commute easier is the shoveled sidewalks on University. Thanks to the HOA's and some nice people, the sidewalks are often clean before the roads are. So I take those :)

Matty
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:07 AM
As Chris mentioned FAIL. I've ridden in the snow countless times. But why would i wanna ride my bike in the snow when I have a car that is way more fun to drive in with a heater?

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:08 AM
I've never intentionally gone out to ride because it's snowing. I don't need to prove anything

There is no need to prove anything. Just do it for fun. Like every other "sport" people so in the now.

64BonnieLass
I don't hate. I just wanna beat Matty up. And I'm a CO native sucka.

MileHighColt

Me either. Got caught in a freak blizzard when I had my VTX a few years back. THAT sucked severely.

Matty
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:09 AM
I don't hate. I just wanna beat Matty up. And I'm a CO native sucka.
bring it!!! Let's go have the doggys play.

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:12 AM
As Chris mentioned FAIL. I've ridden in the snow countless times. But why would i wanna ride my bike in the snow when I have a car that is way more fun to drive in with a heater?

Here, let me edit this for the challenged:

The people who love the snow, do not ride in it just because they CAN. Get caught in it, HAVE to ride in it to get home, try it just to see what it is like, sure. riding in the snow can be jsut as fun as playing in it on your skis, board, sled, car, whatever.

The part that sucks is the OTHER vehicles that are out there with you while you are riding in it. ;)

BTW: We really need pics of yous guys riding in the snow for the BOTM pics :)

If ya want, I will ride behind and video tape it for ya too!

longrider
Good snow here in Elizabeth. Not sticking to anything but as the temp is only 34 it might not be too far off :( Off today but probably not riding in tomorrow :( :( :(

Devaclis

Your doggeh has not played in snow yet. It is gonna be a fun year for that pup :)

kalibra
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:15 AM
Matty,I'm with you!Snow gavemewoodstickhardie

longrider
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:16 AM
Regarding the riding in the snow, while I have got caught in it going home on the street bike the most fun was years ago when I had a street legal KDX200. Seeing peoples faces when I would go by them on a motorcycle when they cant make it up a hill was priceless.

MetaLord 9
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:17 AM
Yeah, the nice thing about having a black dog is that we'll be able to find her in the snow! Last dog I had was white and she looked like a lump of peed on snow running around.

Matty
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:19 AM
riding in the snow can be jsut as fun as playing in it on your skis, board, sled, car, whatever.

sure, i guess sometimes it be can fun.... but wet pavement with cold tires does not usually equal for most a fun time, unless in controlled environment. ie, ice track or open field.

Most of the time you're worried about your tires not slipping or someone else slipping and sliding it into you.

Even in my car on a a heavy snow fall day i'm worried of getting hit, and that's with a cage to protect me. Now being on a bike with absolutely no protection. Sorry buddy, just doesn't seem all that fun.

64BonnieLass
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:21 AM

Sure. If it really starts dumping, I'll call ya and we'll go play.

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:24 AM
sure, i guess sometimes it be can fun.... but wet pavement with cold tires does not usually equal for most a fun time, unless in controlled environment. ie, ice track or open field.

Most of the time you're worried about your tires not slipping or someone else slipping and sliding it into you.

Even in my car on a a heavy snow fall day i'm worried of getting hit, and that's with a cage to protect me. Now being on a bike with absolutely no protection. Sorry buddy, just doesn't seem all that fun.

With the right tires you can have more confidence fo sho. We like the Hankook snow and ice tires. Really, they do handle soo good on ice and snow that you forget that it may be slick out there.

A challenging ride can be fun :) I think riding in perfect conditions will lull you into complacency. Change it up a bit, you know you want to take out the new ride to go get some waffles hahaha

MetaLord 9
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:27 AM
On a dualsport or dirt bike, I can absolutely see where the snow would be fun as hell! On a streetbike, no way.

TFOGGuys
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:28 AM
Ready for the real snow to come.....

Actually, I'm just a lazy ass, and never bothered to mount up the street tires after LAST winter.....

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:30 AM
It was a bit of fun on the CBR, until cagers made me want to get off the road. The only thing that really made it uncomfortable was the thought of dropping it and having to spend a lot of $$ to replace the plastics. But it was exhillerating, and exciting, and a challenge, and scary hahaha. I do miss it but I will tell you that I do not want to do it again. On the Dr. Z I don't worry about crashing, just getting hurt.

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:31 AM
Ready for the real snow to come.....

Actually, I'm just a lazy ass, and never bothered to mount up the street tires after LAST winter.....

Jim, Jimmy, Jim Jim Jim! I WANT THAT!! :)

How long to do up a front and rear with a stud on each lug?

MetaLord 9
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:31 AM
The only thing that really made it uncomfortable was the thought of dropping it and having to spend a lot of $$ to replace the plastics. But it was exhillerating, and exciting, and a challenge, and scary hahaha. I do miss it but I will tell you that I do not want to do it again.
my point exactly.

sloridr
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:45 AM
I can't wait for snow so i can take my DRZ out in it:hump:

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:48 AM
You running the Costanzias?!

TFOGGuys
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:50 AM
Jim, Jimmy, Jim Jim Jim! I WANT THAT!! :)

How long to do up a front and rear with a stud on each lug?

Ice screw go in darn quick with a cordless drill, but don't wear worth a damn on pavement. The carbide studs require predrilling and take about an hour to an hour and a half per tire, but wear a lot better on the street (same studs as cars use). I am working on getting some of the Rallye studs for this year's Elephant Ride:
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5375651/2/istockphoto_5375651-rally-studs.jpg

sloridr
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:52 AM
You running the Costanzias?!
Ya buddy sure am i was hope Jim could stud'm but i believe the studs are too long and would go into the carcass of the tire.

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I want the good stuff. Not the easy stuff :) I will stop by and talk the talk with ya.

Sully
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:55 AM
I heard it was snowing at Murphy Creek golf course also! :cry: noooooo ! :cold:

Devaclis
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:56 AM
Don't you have a 10 wheel drive BMW? Why so skurred?

Sully
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 10:58 AM
I skurrred cuz other people don't and might keeeeel me ! bastards !!! :lol:

MileHighColt
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 11:13 AM

It's always the other people who are scary, huh Sully? :guns:

MetaLord 9
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 11:16 AM
That's me! :D

kawasakirob
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 11:29 AM
30 degrees in Fraser, inch of snow in town, slightly more on Berthoud. It was a good ride into Denver this morning.... weather is right on for this time of year....Wierd.

Nick_Ninja
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 11:33 AM
30 degrees in Fraser, inch of snow in town, slightly more on Berthoud. It was a good ride into Denver this morning.... weather is right on for this time of year.

Did you ride Berthoud this AM on your bike?

Slo
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 11:39 AM
Jim, I'm off at 5, I can give you a ride home if needed? Let me know....

TFOGGuys
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 12:06 PM
Jim, I'm off at 5, I can give you a ride home if needed? Let me know....

No worries, Jay. I have the pickup here in case of blizzard, but I don't anticipate any issues with riding, as nothing is gonna stick and I'm adequately geared up. I appreciate the offer though! :up:

kawasakirob
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 02:24 PM
Did you ride Berthoud this AM on your bike?

I did. It was super slushy, but coming down hard enough to accumulate on the road. The negative thing was that CDOT was out there laying sand. The forecast sais it will continue to snow on and off for the next few days up there, so I imagine the sand will continue to mount up.

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 02:28 PM
Did somebody say studded tires?

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15865

http://www.fireblades.org/forums/attachments/general-discussion/15863d1133402619-off-road-cbr-1000rr-honda22gt.jpg

asp_125
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 02:30 PM
Crap!!! SAND!! I wish they'd hold off, storms this early melt pretty fast. No need to turn the canyons into beaches just yet.

kawasakirob
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 03:33 PM
Yeah it was a bummer seeing it, totally agree with you about not needing it now. There was not much being laid, but there were patches here and there. Not ready for the snow. Not yet

longrider
Mon Sep 21st, 2009, 04:19 PM
Its snowing again in Elizabeth! Very light and still not sticking to anything but it is snow :(