PDA

View Full Version : Polished exhaust

swademaster
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 04:34 PM
A pic of my head pipes after a little polishing work. The bottom pipe in the pic is what it looked before. The top pipe is after. Anybody got any suggestions on what to use for the final pass to get all the scuff marks out.

JMoney
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 06:50 PM
J&S Polishing does a great job. If you want him to do a quick run over on it then I'd take it to Jim.

J&S Polishing
412 Arrawanna St.
Colorado Springs, CO. 80909
719/477-9484

Hours: Monday-Friday 9.00 to 5.00, Saturday 10.00 to 3.00

Brizz
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 06:52 AM
I hate to be a stick in the mud, but why would you polish your exhaust? Is it gonna be a show bike or are you running it fairing less?

Also I think Cynister cycles is in the same area as J&S, You could make em compete for pricing. :D

Sparker
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 07:47 AM
you should polish the wheels on the baby stroller man!

BenDover
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Is it gonna be a show bike or are you running it fairing less?

Uh, he rides a TL1000S. No fairings over the exhaust. ;)

But, I don't understand polishing them either, they will just be more of a pain in the ass to keep them looking good than it is worth. Just my opinion though. It does look like a good job though. :up:

Brizz
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 08:56 AM
You can still get lower fairing for the TL1000S, unless im missing something.

swademaster
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 02:36 PM
you should polish the wheels on the baby stroller man!

Blake would like that.

No lower fairing for my TLS. If I had wanted a full fairing I would've bought a TLR.

Mother Goose
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 02:40 PM
never dull is pretty good stuff to finish it off. don't think it will take the scuff marks out, but it's good polishing stuff.

kevplus2
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 09:14 PM

fairings are for bikes that leak

the stock tls header is painted black. dirt and crap thrown up by the front wheel sticks to the paint and turns it brown (looks like utter crap within a year). sinc it is stainless under the paint, some have gone the polishing route versus repacing it. i am waaayy to lazy fo all that work. i went yosh