PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Replacement

Jerskorn
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 04:39 PM
I'm thinking about replacing my clutch myself. How tough is? I've done simple things to the bike.. oil change, coolant change, remove tires, etc. So not sure if I'm biting off more than I can chew. I'm not totally retarded when it comes to do it yourself projects but I don't want my bike sitting in the garage for 2 months cause I can't figure it out either. I do have the manual and it looks like I can but I'm scurred.. Any opinions would help.

Thanks,

Jer

Mel
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Done it myself, did not find it hard in the least, and if you have a manual it will make it that much easier. Not sure what your tool collection is, but you will probably need some c-clip pliers (like reverse pliers to take retaining clips out)...the manual should tell you exactly what you need to know and what tools will be required.

Oh, and I am not sure exactly how long it took me to do mine, but it was less than a couple hours, and that was with distractions and phone calls and what not in between.

Jerskorn
Tue Mar 29th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Oh great... so now you're saying if I don't figure it out I'm a fool... :)

Mel
Wed Mar 30th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Nope, just saying that if a girl (and a blonde to boot) can figure it out all by herself you should be fine! ;)