PDA

View Full Version : Renthal Sportbike Grips

BlueDevil
Mon Jul 28th, 2003, 01:19 PM
I picked up a pair of Renthal G100 Road Race grips. . Im tellin U I dig them. I had Pro Grip Gel grips before and they were large and tough to hold on to while on a track. Nice for long highway rides though. Anyway, these grips are VERY skinny like a handle of a baseball bat. Also grippy to no end. When crusin on the highway to work I barely even held on. They kinda stuck on my glove so I just had to relax my hands on them to keep the throttle turned. Cost was about 12.00. They come in soft G98, Medium, G99, and Firm G100. I highly reccommend them. Ill try them on the track and let U know what I think. So far Thumbs up!!!!!!

Be advised they are very skinny and more difficult o get on that normal grips. A little soapy water or windex works well.

Oh yes and they work just fine with my Intuitive bar end sliders. In case U were wondering.

Dysco
Mon Jul 28th, 2003, 01:35 PM
Second. I used to have the medium firms on my 919- very grippy and comfortable. Try putting them on with hairspray next time.

BlueDevil
Mon Jul 28th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Ahh yes thanks. I used hairspray on my last set. THat is a good suggestion as well.

TWISTED
Mon Jul 28th, 2003, 10:21 PM
What does the hairspray do?

Rick T.
Mon Jul 28th, 2003, 10:26 PM
Makes it easy to postion the grips... and it dries nice and tacky.

TWISTED
Mon Jul 28th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Thanks, nice idea. I'll have to put that to good use soon.

BlueDevil
Tue Jul 29th, 2003, 06:19 AM
Makes it easy to postion the grips... and it dries nice and tacky.

Yep and most hairspray is primarily alcohol so it evaporates quickly.

Second day out on the new grips. This time put the Ohlins damper on as well. Whooo Wee Its like a new bike. :D

onef
Tue Jul 29th, 2003, 09:51 AM
Also with the hairspray. Cheaper the better.

BlueDevil
Tue Jul 29th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Throw some hair gel on there and see what happens...... :lol:

Dysco
Tue Jul 29th, 2003, 06:43 PM
I'm a Dapper Dan man!

BlueDevil
Wed Jul 30th, 2003, 06:16 AM
Did U say Dipitty Doo ? haha j/k I just wanted the excuse to say Dipitty Doo. :lol:

Rick T.
Tue Aug 12th, 2003, 10:08 AM
I found these Renthal grips and decided to try them out (mainly because of feedback from here). I chose the hard compound - MAN I LOVE these things!! I too, used Pro Grip Gels prior the Renthals and the Pro Grips feel like big foam Harley grips compared to the Renthals. Yes, they were a bit more difficult to get on... but some Aqua Net hairspray and little elbow grease - tadaaaaahhhh - their on tight. Great feel - grippy as all hell! Thanks for the feedback guys... Now, I need to get a second set for my Mille R...

BlueDevil
Tue Aug 12th, 2003, 10:34 AM
See I wouldnt steer U wrong. THey are not great for the long ride but for the twisties and track.......they are a must!!!!

Anonymous
Tue Aug 12th, 2003, 10:41 AM
Hey Dion,

What's the difference between these and the stock R1 grips? I have no complaints with the R1 grips, but mine are stock (ie: I don't know any better). Is there a point in time when they need to be changed?

BlueDevil
Tue Aug 12th, 2003, 11:07 AM
2 main diff. first they are super thin. Like a basdeball bat grip. Follow? the diameter of it is smaller around. Also they are VERY grippy. They have litte nobbies on them all over and it grips your glove like sand paper. When Im on the high=way I dont even grip, I just rest my hand against it and it holds on to the glove.

For 12.00 it was well worth it.

ANother side note, I feel like I can feel whats going on in the front end better. More feedback. Down side is they are not forgiven. NO cusion at all. Long trips would be a killer. They have soft, med
& firm, I have the firm. I cant seem to find the soft and med anywhere locally. But Im satisfied with the Firm.

BlueDevil
Tue Aug 12th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Oh yeah. Not that U ride with no gloves but they are not slippery when UR hand gets a bit damp from the heat. (I rode around the block when I put them on to find that out.) The stock ones will slip right through my hands on a hot day.

Rick T.
Tue Aug 12th, 2003, 11:10 AM
Who carries these locally? I found mine (last pair) on sale at Fay for $4.99!

Anonymous
Tue Aug 12th, 2003, 11:13 AM
Thanks Dion. :up: I'll stay with the stock ones, for now at least. I don't have any probs with them (as long as they're clean / not greasy) they stick just fine to my gloves, and I don't feel like I have to "grip" them when riding on the highway (just sort of rest my palm on them to maintain speed).

BlueDevil
Tue Aug 12th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Damn!!! Yes they have em but I didnt get a sale price. Uggg (Shakin fist in air) What can U do huh?

BlueDevil
Tue Aug 12th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Always happy to offer ideas and take them as well. Hell most of what I know I learned from folks on here. I just went to Harbor Freight last weekend and bought a Morotcylce shop worth of tools. I got the serv manual printed out as well. Anything outside cracking the engine case......I do it on my own now. Even got to change out a stator (sp?) and case cover on a buddies bike.........Not nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be.

*MV* #33
Thu Aug 21st, 2003, 02:47 PM
I picked up a pair of Renthal G100 Road Race grips. . Im tellin U I dig them. I had Pro Grip Gel grips before and they were large and tough to hold on to while on a track. Nice for long highway rides though. Anyway, these grips are VERY skinny like a handle of a baseball bat. Also grippy to no end. When crusin on the highway to work I barely even held on. They kinda stuck on my glove so I just had to relax my hands on them to keep the throttle turned. Cost was about 12.00. They come in soft G98, Medium, G99, and Firm G100. I highly reccommend them. Ill try them on the track and let U know what I think. So far Thumbs up!!!!!!

Be advised they are very skinny and more difficult o get on that normal grips. A little soapy water or windex works well.

Oh yes and they work just fine with my Intuitive bar end sliders. In case U were wondering.

Where did you get them from?

:?

BlueDevil
Thu Aug 21st, 2003, 03:01 PM
Fay Meyers carries them

Dreadful CO Powersports Boulder

I heard Performance may carry them but I havent been that way to check for sure.

**I love them more every day. Compliment the new Ohlins Damper well. :D

Rick T.
Thu Aug 21st, 2003, 05:17 PM
Found 'em!!!!! Vickery has them... go now... no RUN...

Dysco
Thu Aug 21st, 2003, 06:09 PM
I got mine... last year... from Performance. Highly recommend the medims if you ride long distances..

BlueDevil
Fri Aug 22nd, 2003, 06:03 AM
I agree. I have the firm and they are not very forgiving on the scenic runs. I say go Vicery or Perf. SO far I have had good feelings when I deal with them. If they werent so far from me out in Egypt I may go in there more often.