PDA

View Full Version : Borrow A Ramp

Foolds
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 06:58 PM
I need to borrow a ramp this weekend to pick up my new toy. The wider the better.

Thanks,

willb003
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 06:59 PM
I gots 2 you can borrow, but you gotta come pick em up

CHRISTIAN COWBOY
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 07:38 PM
Or you can take mine and or trailer with drop down ramp too

Sean
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 07:40 PM
After seeing you load a bike on a trailer, please be careful!

Kitten
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 07:44 PM
Now that's funny.

Hack Job
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 08:44 PM
what did ya get? :eyebrows:

Foolds
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 09:16 PM
After seeing you load a bike on a trailer, please be careful!

Ya Im a bit worried about this to be truthful

Or you can take mine and or trailer with drop down ramp too

I have a work truck with a Lift gate on it the ramps are a backup plan. The lift gate is 43" deep 52" wide and is 63" diagonal. The d675 has a wheel base of 54.7" so I'm hoping I can use the lift gate. Another Idea I have had is to use a board and back the bike onto the lift gate + board and let the front in sit off the gate and be on the board.

Let me think about the trailer, How big is it? does it require Trailer brakes? Can I borrow your hitch ball and post that it mounts onto, the truck has a receiver on it. Its a 2003 F-350

I gots 2 you can borrow, but you gotta come pick em up

How wide are they? Picking them up is no Issue I don't think you live that far from me

what did ya get? :eyebrows:

Triumph Daytona 675

Now that's funny.

Shut it!:alien:

Tipys
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 09:19 PM
Aw nice new toy. If you want I can meet up with you and ride it home for ya.

I want the 2010 675 in the white w/blue frame

rybo
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 09:29 PM
JJ,

I have a nice ramp you can borrow. Where did you get the bike? I can probably even help you load it up for the trip home.

S

Foolds
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 09:29 PM
Ya sorry no riding! im picking it up 5 hours away. One of my thoughts is to have zoom just follow me back and ride it home but thats along time to ride on flat land

Foolds
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
JJ,

I have a nice ramp you can borrow. Where did you get the bike? I can probably even help you load it up for the trip home.

S

The guy I bought it from is coming from Des Moines IA, I am meeting him in most likely in Kearney Nebraska

rybo
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 09:38 PM
well, then I can't offer the assistance with loading up, but you are welcome to use my ramp, straps, canyon dancer, soft ties, whatever. Just let me know what you need.

Kitten
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 09:42 PM
You'll be fine. Just take your time. I am sure the person you're buying it from will give you a hand too.

Hack Job
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 09:43 PM
Triumph Daytona 675

Luckyyyyyyyyyyy! I want one so bad I cry at night :cry:

Motodrew
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 10:24 PM
I got two large fold out/ curved Craftsman loading ramps. PM if ya'd like to borrow em. I'm in Highlands Ranch.

asp_125
Wed Sep 23rd, 2009, 11:20 PM
If you haven't lined anything up by Friday I have a small tilt bed open trailer you can borrow.

willb003
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 01:11 AM
One is about 10 inches wide and the other is 8 inches wide.

Sean
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Ya Im a bit worried about this to be truthful
You'll be fine. Just remember;
- don't use the engine (bad things can happen)
- get a good rolling start to get it up the ramp
- always have one hand on the brake lever
- have other people stand on the opposite side and/or behind to help push
- buy tiedowns and possibly borrow Rybo's Canyon Dancers
- Maybe ask the other guy where he tied the bike down with straps and give you a hand.
- practice moving your current bike around a little just to get comfy

Just some ideas. :up:

You'll be fine. Just take your time. I am sure the person you're buying it from will give you a hand too.+1

well, then I can't offer the assistance with loading up, but you are welcome to use my ramp, straps, canyon dancer, soft ties, whatever. Just let me know what you need.Wow, there is a limit to Rybo's generosity. :shocked:

Foolds
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 10:52 AM
You'll be fine. Just remember;
- don't use the engine (bad things can happen)
- get a good rolling start to get it up the ramp
- always have one hand on the brake lever
- have other people stand on the opposite side and/or behind to help push
- buy tiedowns and possibly borrow Rybo's Canyon Dancers
- Maybe ask the other guy where he tied the bike down with straps and give you a hand.
- practice moving your current bike around a little just to get comfy

Just some ideas. :up:
+1

Wow, there is a limit to Rybo's generosity. :shocked:

Thanks for the ideas I'm sure the other guy will help me load as well. If I can use the Liftgate on the truck it will be my best bet I'm sure.

One of My Ideas was to pay Rybo to go with me to look over the bike and then help me transport it but then I got my hands on the one of my company's trucks.

Foolds
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Rybo hooked me up with a ramp, Canyon Dancer, and a few straps so I should be good to go! Thanx all!

DevilsTonic
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 03:37 PM
JJ I have a ramp too if you need it. I only live across the street from ya too.

bulldog
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 03:49 PM
JJ I have a ramp too if you need it. I only live across the street from ya too. Must be a very wide girly ramp since you were scared to use a regular ramp. lol

Foolds
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Its not.... So when I tip my bike over Im going to kick you in the nuts

gtn
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Its not.... So when I tip my bike over Im going to kick you in the nuts

Can you get Zoom to video the whole thing? If you do drop/tip over/scape on the side of the truck your bike, I'd like to see the video.

Just kidding. You won't have any trouble. Let me know if you need any help getting it out at the house.

OUTLAWD
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 06:01 PM
if you need nelp scuffing in the tires when you get it home let me know :up:

Foolds
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 10:21 PM
if you need nelp scuffing in the tires when you get it home let me know :up:

I got a sander I'm good to go! :up:

bulldog
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Its not.... So when I tip my bike over Im going to kick you in the nuts At least for once you are threatening me without bringing in some sort of weapon you own. lol

DevilsTonic
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Must be a very wide girly ramp since you were scared to use a regular ramp. lol

Its not.... So when I tip my bike over Im going to kick you in the nutsmy ramp is pretty wide, perfect for my bike and it's got sides on it so you can't easily roll the bike off the side of the ramp. Alternatively, my sister has a trailer with a ramp on it which you could just ride the bike into, if you want I can see if she'll let me borrow it.

Foolds
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Leah I think I got this covered. Ramp is only a backup Plan the truck im taking has a lift gate on it =)