PDA

View Full Version : and the rebuild begins

whitebrad
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 03:33 AM
okay, so my brother sold his bike (06 zx10r that was stolen that we got back...) to my cousin...

so the rebuild begins....

right & left side fairings hashed
ignition
right side mirror
stator cover

so it looks as if it were laid down on BOTH sides... idiots... and so now we are building a bike for my cousin this winter...

so, calling all you zx10ers, and etc... info, suggestions on parts, and where to buy them?

any tricks from the zx 10 crowd as to what to do since we are already gonna go through the engine? may as well do some stuff when we got it open, right?

let me know please!

much ass grassy ass

Keyser Soze
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Sooooo.....you're sayin there's a chance?

konichd
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 08:54 AM
www.zx-10r.net (http://www.zx-10r.net) will be a good source on used parts

I may have some of those in my spare bin since I have the exact same bike ;)

Not much is needed to the motor on that bike. I installed block off plates and a KHI cam when they were 79 bucks. The suspension is the biggest weak point on the bike but after thats taken care of they are a pretty fun bike to ride. Ditch the dual exhaust setup and get a 04-05 full system as its a direct bolt on for the most part, you just need to extend the mid pipe 3/4" to 1", I personally like this setup :)

Send the damper in to get it re-kitted or heavier oil added to stiffen it up a little.

Find some Nissin front brake calipers off a 06 or newer ZX14 or a 07 or newer ZX6R and the front braking will be much improved.

A PCIII will smooth out the throttle response, also remove the secondary plates while you are at it.

Stop by the shop Brad and we can talk ;)

hcr25
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Maybe some wheels? :up:

konichd
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Some 17" Marchesini's would have that thing rolling schweet!