PDA

View Full Version : Need a snowboard partner.

vort3xr6
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I just moved here a few months ago and I am going to get back into snowboarding. I am buying a Colorado pass here in the next few weeks and getting some new boots and I will be good to go. Problem is, I don't have anybody to snowboard with.

I want to leave early to the mountains. Talkin 6 or earlier.
I like to ride everywhere. I don't only do park or only do powder. I like it all.
I am not an amazing rider, I can't do huge jumps (yet). But I can get down the mountain well enough and do some simple grabs off small airs.
I will be going up about 2 - 4 times a month on Saturdays and / or Sunday's.
I will drive every time if need be. I just ask for a small kick back on the gas.
You are more than welcome to to stay at my place the night before and drink some brew and play some video games.
I am 23 so I am looking for somebody around my age.

Or I will just post up everyweek for a solo tack on but it would be cool to ride with the same person all winter long. Plus I need to find some friends out here.

~Barn~
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 04:30 PM
You don't happen to have any imitation crab meat at your place, do you?

Shea
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Beware of the evil goat...

Matty
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 04:52 PM
I don't usually go up on the weekend unless i'm going up with a nice group of friends. But, you're more than welcome to roll up with me during the week.

I usually ride 3 or 4 times a week. Talk to me in a couple more weeks.

Then again i'm 30. Hahaha..

Yodannyc
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Pm'd ya

200sr20
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I will be going up every weekend fo sho

Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 10:31 PM
i ride, i just need someone to drag my ass up outta the city. i can hang pretty much anywhere.

bodhizafa
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Just post up when you want to go. I'm sure you'll get people to head up with ya.

vort3xr6
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Yea thats what I imagine. Snowboarding by yourself on a mountain you don't know isn't that fun so that's why I was checking on here. I wish I could go on weekday's trust me. I work the Mon-Fri job so all I have is Saturday's and Sunday's.

MetaLord 9
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 07:34 AM
I don't usually go up on the weekend unless i'm going up with a nice group of friends. But, you're more than welcome to roll up with me during the week.

I usually ride 3 or 4 times a week. Talk to me in a couple more weeks.

Then again i'm 30. Hahaha..
Don't you usually hit Loveland in when you go up during the week, old man?

bulldog
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 08:01 AM
I'm down man. I work during the week, so only can go on Weekends and prefer to leave early too. I can do pretty much everything on the mountain except jumps. I'll pm you my info...

Krafty-1
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Yep. Post up. There are a bunch of people going at various times. I'm alway in as long as Barn is hittin' the big kickers. I'll bring the schnapps.

~Barn~
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 08:48 AM
By "Big Kicker", he means the lil' 10 ft. table top that Mike200 and I, guts'd-ourselves-up to try last season at A-Basin.

Surprisingly, it worked out pretty good. :lol:

Matty
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Snowboarding by yourself on a mountain you don't know isn't that fun

Ya it is...... It's the best way to discover the mountain. I ride by myself 75% of the time. Just remeber on Pow days you have no friends!!!

Don't you usually hit Loveland in when you go up during the week, old man?

I hit up all the resorts during the week. But ya, primarly Loveland, Keystone, the Basin, and sometimes Breck.

Canuck
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Ya it is...... It's the best way to discover the mountain. I ride by myself 75% of the time. Just remeber on Pow days you have no friends!!!.

:imwithstupid:

Sully
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 10:34 AM
I don't have any friends anyway (plus they just get in your way and stop in front of you :devil2:)... so riding the mtn alone is totally cool with me :hump:

Shea
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 10:40 AM
I don't have any friends anyway (plus they just get in your way and stop in front of you :devil2:)... so riding the mtn alone is totally cool with me :hump:

:drink:

bulldog
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 10:40 AM
The part that sucks is the drive up and down alone. Snowboarding alone is great to me.

MetaLord 9
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 10:41 AM
The part that sucks is the drive up and down alone. Snowboarding alone is great to me.
:imwithstupid:

Tylar
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Driving up/down to board all day long is still better than working.....

Sully
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Driving up alone isn't so bad, it does suck on the way back if you get stuck in traffic.. esp if you have to pee and they close off the Eisenhower Tunnel.. bastards! :rant:

~Barn~
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 11:31 AM
I hate driving up by myself, because I just get to sit alone with my anticipation, instead of chit-chatting it away with somebody. Plus, there's nobody there, to load it. :siesta:

As far as a lone ride back, I personally love it. Solitude at that point, makes the drive very relaxing and enjoyable for me. I can stop to eat wherever I want. Listen to whatever music I want. Go at whatever pace I want. Stop in Black Hawk, if I want. :lol:

dchd1130
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I go up on the weekends to ride by my self all the time. I take my babies up with me though. My 3 year old can talk the whole way up and back. I enjoy riding by my self.

Matty
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Well eveyone should request off Nov. 6th and we all hit up Keystone for opening day.

wankel7
Sun Sep 27th, 2009, 09:53 PM
www.skicarpool.org

Think
Sun Sep 27th, 2009, 11:11 PM
I'd be down but I'm not sure if I'm getting a pass this year, but if I do it'll probably be the 2 mountain pass. Me and my roommate go up a lot.

CaptGoodvibes
Sun Sep 27th, 2009, 11:35 PM
I just moved here a few months ago and I am going to get back into snowboarding. I am buying a Colorado pass here in the next few weeks and getting some new boots and I will be good to go. Problem is, I don't have anybody to snowboard with.

Regular or goofy?

Hahaha! J/k

I'm too old to chase youngsters around the mountain. Plus, If I have a beer at lunch, I'm done for the day.

Gregger
Tue Sep 29th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I ride 3 days a week at least too, and like Matty, usually by myself, and during the week. I'm down to carpool anytime.

Concabar
Sat Oct 3rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
I ride usually on Saturdays mostly at Keystone.