PDA

View Full Version : Just A Thought.

CougarKat
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 09:07 PM
I use to teach Sign language in my middle school and recently at boy scouts (venturing crew)... Considering another volunteer signing club to start up... Just thinking how interesting it'd be to see a crew signing... makes communication also easier, think about last saturday for those of you that did go... You always had to pull off to figure out what was what. I may be deaf but I think I did pretty good tryin to communicate! Lol. Tough it was but I did it :D... Just a thought...

Matty
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 09:10 PM
<~~~ knows how to sign. Well sort of. Don't remember much. Took 2 years of it in high school.

PsychoMike
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 09:10 PM
how do you sign go fuck a pig? lol

Airreed
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 09:24 PM
There are alot of universal "bike" signing going on in group riding. I've been riding with the CSC for the last couple years we regularlly use it.

Some of the signs
1. Tapping your helmet = cops
2. Left arm straight out = turning left
3. Left arm bent at elbow point up = turning right (like regular bicylce hand and arm signals)
4. Road debris = point with foot

These are the basics that most groups use.

willb003
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 10:04 PM
That would be kinda cool...wish I knew sign.

PhL0aTeR
Thu Sep 24th, 2009, 10:13 PM
http://www.shockerpics.com/blog/wp-content/images/shocker-hand.png

Skinbabe
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Hey cougar... I was there Saturday and I dont remember meeting you? Did you meet up at the gas station in Thornton or further along? I also was looking at a lot of the pics from Saturday too and I dont a new girl in there? You should go to Hooters tonight so we can meet you!

OUTLAWD
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 08:32 AM
knowing how to sign would be cool and all...but I was cleaning my chain last night, and had a small mishap...

MetaLord 9
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 08:35 AM
knowing how to sign would be cool and all...but I was cleaning my chain last night, and had a small mishap...
Actually, I think that's the only way that you can actually sign "gixxer" :lol:

SaShWhO
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Hey cougar... I was there Saturday and I dont remember meeting you? Did you meet up at the gas station in Thornton or further along? I also was looking at a lot of the pics from Saturday too and I dont a new girl in there? You should go to Hooters tonight so we can meet you!

what she said.

InlineSIX24
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 09:10 AM
There are alot of universal "bike" signing going on in group riding. I've been riding with the CSC for the last couple years we regularlly use it.

Some of the signs
1. Tapping your helmet = cops
2. Left arm straight out = turning left
3. Left arm bent at elbow point up = turning right (like regular bicylce hand and arm signals)
4. Road debris = point with foot

These are the basics that most groups use.

5. Pointer finger and pinky extended above helmet for deer or other animals near/on the road

GixxerCarrie
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 11:27 AM
what she said.

+1. Take a picture(Cause I'm not going to make it tonight)..so I can over analyze it. lmfao.:)

CougarKat
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 11:47 AM

I was there Saturday, met up at 80th and wads. Doubt I'm in a more than 2 pictures lol! Can't make hooters tonight.:alien:

CougarKat
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Hmm I just thought it was really interesting signing with another fellow deaf biker and pulling up to cars with deaf people signing inside, besides if you know how to read lips, sign... it helps haha.

Airreed
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Did your ride to Estes Park, or very off and go to Lyons....
I was on the White CBR600rr.

CougarKat
Fri Sep 25th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Showed up, first group left first then i followed niko303. I split at the stop sign before estes and headed to lyons. bailed there. I ride a silver cbr600RR, Pink/white/black dragon helment, had a black/white jacket that day.

k_smittay
Fri Oct 2nd, 2009, 12:29 PM

Which Hooters are these festivities at? And round about what time? I may be interested in goin.

-Kevin