PDA

View Full Version : Talk to me about ITT Technical Institute

DavidofColorado
Sat Sep 26th, 2009, 10:48 AM
What are the good, bad or ugly about them from your experience?
I was thinking about joining the IT school or maybe the electronic school. They have a good reputation as far as I know but wanted to make sure. Also I was wondering if they are a good school and will teach me what I need to go out and find a good job? Are they pretty cutting edge I guess is what I'm asking?

Now if there isn't catch that I'm missing. I was thinking about going back to school and learning something that I do anyway for fun and make a living at it.

Thanks for your input.

sugarrey
Sat Sep 26th, 2009, 04:26 PM
that is where i got my degree from, electronics engineering and technology (EET). i went in hoffman estates illinois, the school is weak in my opinion. I wouldnt go there again

DavidofColorado
Sat Sep 26th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Not what I was hoping to hear.

sugarrey
Sat Sep 26th, 2009, 04:31 PM
i went there in the mid 90's. back then they just had CAD and EET. Now they are doing so much more in all these subjects, I would guess that they're program has gotten weaker not better, but maybe im wrong. I know I was not impressed.

DavidofColorado
Sat Sep 26th, 2009, 05:12 PM
There sales pitch was very convincing. I guess I will have to go back and take another look. Maybe they got stats on graduates that I could look at.

CaptGoodvibes
Sat Sep 26th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Devry University is ABET accredited(same as CU) and the credits transfer to CU if you want.

Sat Sep 26th, 2009, 08:32 PM
i attended and now work for westwood college, if you have any q's about that i can help..

CaptGoodvibes
Sat Sep 26th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Devry University is ABET accredited(same as CU) and the credits transfer to CU if you want.

Forgot to mention:
And the campus is off 120th and I-25.

DavidofColorado
Sun Sep 27th, 2009, 03:50 AM
Does anyone like ITT tech?

Sun Sep 27th, 2009, 03:55 AM
some of my teachers at westwood also taught at itt - they were good teachers, albeit all the classes were generally easy and quick with the accellerated schedules.

whitebrad
Sun Sep 27th, 2009, 06:13 AM
i have a friend that went to itt... has nothing good to say about it. In fact, he quit there because it was so bad. He went there 2 or 3 years ago. In fact, it's not a good subject to even bring up. If he is off tomorrow, i will have him log under my name and give you some lowdown...

Zach929rr
Sun Sep 27th, 2009, 09:49 AM
One of my buddies was at Westwood 2-3 years ago. He generally liked his experience.

EVO8
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 01:54 AM
I went to Westwood and had pretty good experience. The teachers had 10-15 years experience in the field so it helped greatly. Most of the teachers didn't teach out of a book, they made their own stuff up (things you need in the field). Of course, that was like 16 years ago....

Canuck
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Why don't you apply for an Apprenticeship position at Local 68 (IBEW).
Work and study hard to graduate with a skill that will set you up for life.

will-t
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 10:23 AM
ITT out in IL was a joke. Had friends go there for the automotive program and when they got out they were basically told they were qualified to work at an oil change shop.

I can't remember what the school was called in Denver, DAC or something like that. Had the same reputation as being an on hands learning center, ITT bought them out and setup shop in Colorado.

Everything I've heard about the place is bad.

For that tech school feel, DeVry is a much better choice, although over the years they've become more "regular" college and their prices are reflecting that.

sugarrey
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I was very unhappy with ITT bro, I would seriously look elsewhere.

honey
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Depends on what you want to study; Westwood, Regis, and Colorado School of Mines are good schools.

MAZIN
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Westwood is a crap school, I have a lot of experince with them as well does my wife*(as do all the ex students that filed suit against them). Itt is too much money. Regis has a lot of clout with the degree but again way too much money. Depends on what you wanna study, I would reccomend researching the shool / acreditation before signing enrollment forms.

Zach929rr
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 11:58 PM
I haven't met many people that can hack it at Mines, myself unfortunately included.

I'm currently @ UCD for finance & info systems, soon to be followed up by the masters program in finance. Solid school. I understand the wanting to go to once of the smaller schools, but generally speaking anything below community is a waste of your time.

The two year community college and transfer to a four year is a more economical route to go, and it is possible if you dot your i's and cross your t's as far as credit transter. Just got a buddy who went AAC -> UCCS and just graduated with a mechanical degree. Let's not talk about his inability to find a job in MechE... he just had to take a job at Pepboys :(

DavidofColorado
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 01:07 PM
Did anyone besides Sugarrey go there? Or have a good friend that went and had a story to tell.

DavidofColorado
Thu Oct 1st, 2009, 01:12 PM
Why don't you apply for an Apprenticeship position at Local 68 (IBEW).
Work and study hard to graduate with a skill that will set you up for life.
Thanks. I was or am still a member there. I don't care for unions anymore. So I'm going to try and get a better job with solid schooling. That is plan A.