PDA

View Full Version : Northern Colorado Euro – Terrible experience.

Volition
Sat Sep 26th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Lemme preface this by saying it’s been ages since I’ve posted anything, like years. But I have been keeping tabs on you guys every now and again since I joined in 2003.

The reason I’m posting this is because the last time I had a poor experience at another shop was in 05 and the then owner was a member here. He read my post and resolved all my issues, overall it was a good experience and got results so maybe this will do the same.

I spent the day shopping for new bikes today, hit a few of the dealers in the FTC area, rode a couple of bikes, and had a great day all in all. I’m looking into a new liter bike and the pack is really strong for 09-10.

My last stop was the Northern Colorado Euro Shop and I have never been treated so poorly by someone trying to sell bikes in my life. I kid you not it was the absolute worst encounter with a sales person I’ve ever had. From the instant I walked in it seemed like they couldn't care less. I might understand that when the shop is full and they are trying to get to as many people as they can, but with the exception of a couple at the parts desk I was the ONLY ONE there.

Finally when I was approached by the sales manager (I think his name was Jeff) and asked about the upcoming S1000RR not only was I told that there was a website about it I should go home and look at I was also accused of pestering him and finally told he was done with the conversation as I watched him walk away. After asking to speak to his boss he said “I’m it man” and walked to the service area.

I’ve been to that shop many times over the years, I’ve bought gear from them that you couldn’t get anywhere else, I’ve been to their open houses, I’ve meet and BS’d with several of their former staff at the shop and the track. I have never been treated so ruddily by a sales person in my life. No wonder the shop was dead quiet on a Saturday afternoon.

I plan on calling the GM Mike Handry Tuesday to complain about this absolutely horrendous experience. I’ll update this post after I’ve spoken to him but I can tell you this now: Without an explanation and sincere apology I will never do business with them again and I will advise everyone I know to do the same. In fact, it was so bad; I might go out of my way to tell people.

Thanks for reading.

hcr25
Sat Sep 26th, 2009, 05:52 PM
mike hendry is the owner. You could also PM his son here, he is the one selling the 2 pimp Ducatis in the classified section.

mike

Volition
Sat Sep 26th, 2009, 06:04 PM
I spoke to his son Brad about it before I left the dealer and asked for the GM's info.

This goes way beyond just not buying a bike from them, it was insulting.

Jayrz
Sun Sep 27th, 2009, 12:09 PM
When it comes down to it just vote with your wallet and give your business to someone or some dealership that wants it and is willing to EARN that business.

I usually dress like a bumm because it is just comfortable but I'm 45 and not a typical kid looking for a used R6, (not that there's anything wrong with that) so if I walk in and go look at new Aprilias it may be of interest what I drove up in, and give me the time of day. Treat me like a pest or ignore me and I'll likely just walk back out.

The BMW looks pretty cool and it may sway me from the RSV4 but I am definately going to buy one of the two when available. Now I know where NOT to buy the BMW.

Jay "RZ"

Volition
Sun Sep 27th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I'm 30, I buy a new super sport every few years and when I went to the bmw dealer I was wearing a t shirt and jeans, I don't feel the need to dress up to go test ride bikes.

And giving me the cold shoulder is one thing, but this dude was down right insulting and more or less told me to go kick sand.

We'll see what the owner has to say about it I guess.

SaShWhO
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 09:23 AM
sorry to hear about your not so good experience.
I'm actually only piping in to applaude your avatar sir:applause:

OUTLAWD
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 11:13 AM
A few of the sales guys were pretty cool, but one in particular was an ass IIRC.

I stopped in to get a price on tyres, and after getting quoted a price more than double what some other places advertise, I decided that they were :siesta: and now only get my fancy triumph spec oil and filter there

dragos13
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 12:06 PM
I know Mike and Brad personally and both are stand-up good guys.

Neither of them frequent this forum very often, so I suggest you do contact Mike directly if you have that phone number. I'm positive he will take action and make things right.

Keep us posted.

SaShWhO
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 12:23 PM
A few of the sales guys were pretty cool, but one in particular was an ass IIRC.

I stopped in to get a price on tyres, and after getting quoted a price more than double what some other places advertise, I decided that they were :siesta: and now only get my fancy triumph spec oil and filter there

just cauz you have a triumph does not allow you to spell tire that way fag

King Nothing
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 12:46 PM

Werd.

salsashark
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 12:50 PM

Am I still allowed to put petrol in it?

SaShWhO
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Am I still allowed to put petrol in it?
rofl

OUTLAWD
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 01:35 PM
ok...i am going to have to practise my 'proper' english...sorry :slappers:

UglykidJoe
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 01:43 PM
I too was in that shop on Saturday and my experience couldn't have been further from what you had.
We walked in, (the wife and I) and a young man behind the counter said hello and asked if we needed anything, we told him we were just looking. After spending some time in the back he came out again asked if we had any questions, we chatted him up about the Daytona SE and the regular Daytona, he explained all the anniversary jazzola. He then asked if I had any interest in a Ducatti or BMW, gave us a brochur on the Triumphs and told me when I was closer to making a decision to come in and he would let me test ride the Daytona. Was far from the other shops about getting me into a bike that day, no pressure. I thought it was a great experience and would visit again.

Funny how a place can be so different for two different people.

Volition
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 02:14 PM
@Sash, Thanks, I've had the avi ever since I joined in 03. Still makes me lol

@Outlawd, best place for tires in the FTC area is the Kawi dealer next door to the BMW one. Competitive prices and used to mount for $20 a pop.

@Joe, Yeah the guy behind the counter greeted me as well, and was pleasant when I spoke to him about getting a manager. If it was a younger guy in a red shirt it may have been the same guy you spoke to, Brad the owners son. When I was there around 15:30 there were only two people working the floor that I could see (service and sales managers).

I've been to that dealer many times over the years, including when they were still in FTC and have always been treated well. But I was seriously awestruck at how this dude treated me.

UglykidJoe
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Yep young guy in a red shirt, he is the one that helped us, I don't recall seeing another employee while I was there. But yeah he was a good guy.

racedk6
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 08:44 PM
@Sash, Thanks, I've had the avi ever since I joined in 03. Still makes me lol

@Outlawd, best place for tires in the FTC area is the Kawi dealer next door to the BMW one. Competitive prices and used to mount for $20 a pop.

@Joe, Yeah the guy behind the counter greeted me as well, and was pleasant when I spoke to him about getting a manager. If it was a younger guy in a red shit it may have been the same guy you spoke to, Brad the owners son. When I was there around 15:30 there were only two people working the floor that I could see (service and sales managers).

I've been to that dealer many times over the years, including when they were still in FTC and have always been treated well. But I was seriously awestruck at how this dude treated me.

After all the times you have been there, this is the first time they did anything bad? Leads me to believe there could be something you did or saidto the guy to make him mad. Generally when you go to a dealership everybody is gonna be nice or pushy (pushy as in being very direct about getting you to buy a bike). Sales guys dont just blow off a presumed customer for no reason at all. I have worked in dealerships in the past and have never seen an employee be rude to a customer without a damn good reason.

Volition
Mon Sep 28th, 2009, 09:37 PM
No, I really didn't. I spent the day at 3 other dealers shopping around and not a one of em was anything but pleasant and accommodating.

The guy was already unfriendly as he approached me and unless I walked in to a dealer, whistled and yelled "Hey asshole sell me a bike" there's little I could have done or said that would have justified being treated like that. Also, had that been what happened I would not have been so irate to post about it when I got home. Especially not on a forum I don't frequent on a daily basis.

PS. I'm also not so much an ass that I would criticize someones business and livelihood potentially costing them sales if there was a chance it was my fault.

Wyck
Tue Sep 29th, 2009, 10:44 AM
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15420&stc=1&d=1254167158

Now that is a sexy color scheme!

hcr25
Tue Sep 29th, 2009, 12:05 PM
So have you called Mike Hendry yet? I am curious about what he will say.

UglyDogRacing
Tue Sep 29th, 2009, 12:12 PM
sounds like you have a negative experience regardless of what shop you go to - http://cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7703

Volition
Tue Sep 29th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I mentioned that in my first post, it was over four years ago. So kudos to you for finding it. If you read the thread you'd also know that the tech that worked on my bike back then didn't work there for much longer. The then owner dealt with the situation well and I applauded him for it. Hence why I brought up my last issue here as well.

If you go even further back you'll notice that I had one more bad experience at FTC motorsports two years prior that actually put the one at twin peaks to shame. And again, posting here got me results then too.

I'd say most of my poor experiences with dealers have been service related, this is first for a salesman.

I'll call Mike this afternoon if I get home in time, if not I'll have to do it tomorrow.

Volition
Tue Sep 29th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Just spent 40 minutes on the phone with Mike Handry, the owner, and I gotta admit I feel much better now.

He apologized for Jeff's actions, had already spoken to him before I called, made no excuses, and had a great grasp of the situation. He explained that he had already reprimanded Jeff and in no way put me at fault.

Apparently, Jeff had already told him that right off the bat he had an offensive attitude toward me, and that's exactly the impression I got as well. Mike admitted that Jeff told him that he knew he had treated me poorly and that he should never have been the one to speak to me in the first place. I gotta admit that part put me out a bit cuz I still don't see how a sales guy could act that way towards a customer the second they walk through the door, but what ever.

Mike impressed me, he was knowledgeable forthcoming and had exactly the attitude I was hoping for. While I doubt I'll ever do business with Jeff again, Mike certainly regained my trust and I expect to put the S1000RR back on the list of new bike contenders.

I'm expecting a call from Jeff so he can apologize to me personally.

This is a good example of how a situation can be handled completely inappropriately by one individual and then made up for by another. I hope this thread does not dissuade anyone from the dealer as a whole, but take it from me, if you are approached by Jeff and get the feeling that he really doesn't give a shit and that you're wasting his time, you're probably right and should just ask to speak to Mike or another salesmen.

hcr25
Wed Sep 30th, 2009, 08:54 AM
I am glad you got a good response from Mike Hendry. Actually it is exactly what I would have expected from him. I have known Mike and Brad Hendry for 6 or 7 years now and I know they take their business very seriously.

Mike